• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

We pretty much know the new Berserk anime is gonna look ugly.

The question is how ugly is it going to look? Is it going to be tolerably ugly?

The real question is, will people even care about that, because it's a fucking Berserk anime that is not Golden Age arc?

We pretty much know the new Berserk anime is gonna look ugly.

The question is how ugly is it going to look? Is it going to be tolerably ugly?

Not for me.

There'll be lots of people saying that the CGI looks relatively good compared to other CGI in anime, which might well be true, and many will go as far as saying it looks easily on par with competent hand-drawn animation. The letter group is lacking severely in eyeballs.

I mean we got an ugly teaser and if you can't even do that one right and all signs point to ugly town, it's going to be as expected.

Sölf;198483682 said:
The real question is, will people even care about that, because it's a fucking Berserk anime that is not Golden Age arc?

But who's going to feel well served by some less than mediocre adaptation of a source material they really like?

I'm still waiting for more Berserk footage before I make a judgement. But it's not looking too good.

My dream would be a complete anime that just finishes the story from start to finish and looks pretty as well. I'd gladly wait for the manga to wrap up if it means I could get something like that. Also ensures that I have some cool cartoons to watch while I'm in retirement.

Why must I be so busy!!! I have to wait!

Today's episode was a very strong finale episode. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Sölf;198483682 said:

Conviction arc is super good though, the fight against the elf is hype, and the general atmosphere of the city with all the refugees is neat as well. Also pagan fun.

Phantom World 11

Was that the device Haruhiko was tinkering with at the start of the episode?

Cornbread78

Preview thread is up:

T2Xg93O.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198484378#post198484378

Just T

Myriad Colors Phantom World: 11

This was actually a pretty nice episode, a focus on Haruhiko and Mai that was humorous and even had a touching moment in there. Not bad shit show, not bad at all.

javac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5WmcfGj-g - 丸紅新電力 鳥獣戯画「出会い」篇
Marubeni Group "Choju Jinbutsu Giga (Scrolls of Frolicking Animals and Humans)"

The Marubeni Group, together with Studio Ghibli, Inc. (“Studio Ghibli”), has produced an animation to convey its corporate image as a group that contributes to regional economies and society.

From its foundation in 1858 to the present, the Marubeni Group has aimed to contribute to regional economies and society through its diverse business activities. Underlying this commitment is the unchanging sprit of its employees to play a part in building a prosperous society and enriching the lives of people.

The Marubeni Group has now expressed this corporate image as an animation utilizing the world view held by Studio Ghibli. Adopting the motif of what is said to be Japan’s oldest manga, Choju Jinbutsu Giga (Scrolls of Frolicking Animals and Humans), the animation tells the story of mutual compassion and cooperation between a hare and a frog set against an old Japanese backdrop. This announcement relates to the first of three short animations, which follow the journey of these two travelers. The animation is a new Studio Ghibli production in which Mr. Katsuya Kondo, who worked as the supervising animator on Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, produced the illustrations and composition. The accompanying music was composed and performed by leading Japanese pianist, Mr. Nobuyuki Tsujii.

The Marubeni Group will use the animation throughout its global business regions and locations. As stated in the new mid-term management plan GC2018 announced in February 2016, the Marubeni Group aims to become a true global company that contributes to both regional economies and society. The Marubeni Group will continue its business activities to make someone in the world happy and to further enrich society.

http://www.marubeni.com/news/2016/release/20160315e.pdf

KonoSuba 10

The final (but not) episode of KonoSuba. It delivered. I'm very glad that we are getting a second season, because this show to me was gold in the laughs department. I'm ready for more explosions!

Surprising no one Haikyu confirmed for a third season. Coming this Fall. Warning the article does include spoilers for the end of this season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/haikyu-volleyball-tv-anime-gets-season-3-in-fall/.99844

WOAH I TOTALLY MISSED THIS. KonoSuba, and Haikyuu?! Fuck yeah!

Ascheroth

Konosuba - 10 (END)

Explosions. Explosions everywhere.
Great end (for now) to a very fun show.

I think my top three shows of the season* are:

Rakugo
Heavy Object
Konosuba

* not counting Gintama, because that would be unfair.

Phantom World 11

Okay gotta admit this episode was good. Like really good. Probably the best episode in this show, like miles ahead of all others. That ending too... If only the show had given me of this throughout the whole season instead of just now.

Just T

KonoSuba: 10

Great finale, this was a surprising show , did not expect it to turn out this good and consistently. Great humor and superb voice acting made this really worthwhile. Glad it got confirmed for a second season as well.

Articalys

I was just wondering, since when did you all decide to start getting massively actively involved in the OT forum with tons of show threads and now even a separate season preview thread -- something that's never happened before -- or is all this just Cornbread's initiative?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I was just wondering, since when did you all decide to start getting massively actively involved in the OT forum with tons of show threads and now even a separate season preview thread -- something that's never happened before -- or is all this just Cornbread's initiative?
It's a widespread effort of making anime mainstream, I promise.

I think it's just cornbread being a cool guy making some informative threads.

Sölf

I haven't watched Konosuba. What's that, in terms olf genre? Comedy/Harem/Fantasy? You guys seem to somewhat like it.

tuffy

Sölf;198495034 said:
I haven't watched Konosuba. What's that, in terms olf genre? Comedy/Harem/Fantasy? You guys seem to somewhat like it.
It's basically a comedy in a fantasy setting which sends up a lot of usual JRPG tropes with its dysfunctional party of characters.

Dennis

Banned
Urgent help needed!

I need some new anime to watch while I work out and I am all up to speed on Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

So what is the next best winter anime currently airing?

Cornbread78

Two post OP? The season OT is going to look real minimal compared to that.

It's beautiful the way it is because we know better as a community (or try to, lol) and you do a great job organizing/minimizing the OP. There are just waaaay too many shows this spring...

Green Green ep.4-6
This is trash, pure trash. I mean, the boys being locked in the equipment shed in a dilution all state. Everything else is just so rough around the edges.

Urgent help needed!

I need some new anime to watch while I work out and I am all up to speed on Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

So what is the next best winter anime currently airing?

Uh, probably She and Her Cat, Haikyuu S2, and Prince of Stride Alternative.

But if currently airing is not a mandatory requirement, I'd encourage you to check out Majin Bone.

Sölf

It's beautiful the way it is because we know better as a community (or try to, lol) and you do a great job organizing/minimizing the OP. There are just waaaay too many shows this spring...

Green Green ep.4-6
This is trash, pure trash. I mean, the boys being locked in the equipment shed in a dilution all state. Everything else is just so rough around the edges.

You are ACTUALLY watching Green Green? Oh boy. That was one my first shows when I started to watch anime with japanese dub and english subs back then on youtube. I somehow thought this was good back then. God was I wrong.

And don't forget to watch the glorious 13th episode.

duckroll

It is worth pointing out that Mr. Hosoda put a great part of the blame onto himself:

Professional: Shigoto no ryûgi - Mamoru Hosoda - Video Dailymotion
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30uyce

On the above linked episode from the documentary series called Professional, that airs on NHK, he expressed as an inconvenient during his time at the studio the "excessive confidence on himself", that in the process made him "not seek any help from Hayao Miyazaki or Isao Takahata" because he "didn't want to just follow their advice". Instead, he apparently closed upon himself trying to demonstrate something to everyone else, until the isolation reached a point when (in April 21, 2002) his producer said he couldn't continue in such a way.

How much of the story is just politeness, respect towards the image of the studio personalities he venerates, or simply self-pity... that I'm not sure myself!

I dunno, that doesn't read like him saying "I blame myself" so much as "I really wanted to show that I could make a movie without having to copy or be influenced by the only two influential people at this studio, but then they told me no." Speaks more of Ghibli's studio culture than anything else imo! Lol.

ibyea

Banned
I dunno, that doesn't read like him saying "I blame myself" so much as "I really wanted to show that I could make a movie without having to copy or be influenced by the only two influential people at this studio, but then they told me no." Speaks more of Ghibli's studio culture than anything else imo! Lol.

Yeah Ghibli studio is the one looking bad out of this situation imo.

Yep. With Hayao Miyazaki micromanaging so much at Ghibli aside from Takahata's projects, it's no wonder the studio collapsed once he finally retired for real (mostly).

KonoSuba the Tenth END

AOTS for sure. Probably the most consistently enjoyable Video Game -> Reality show I've seen, other than something like Overlord.

BAKURETSU SEASON TWO GO!

S2 of Konosuba should be great, if you like Megumin , and EXPLOSIONS:)

Her clan ;

Nico Nico Ni

Squishy3

I'll chime in on the new Berserk anime:

Talking scenes with the CG models will look awful and the action scenes will look totally fine

Cornbread78

Konosuba ep.10, S1 END
Nice way to close out the season with yet another
one step forward, two step back victory, lol
Megumin is OP when she has Aqua's power in her, lol. And yes, Kazuma did hit on Darkness... Great show, can't wait for S2!

duckroll

Btw Erased total 11 or 12 episodes?
Wonder will today's noitamina conference have something announcement about Erased.

12 episodes. I think we'll definitely hear something. Really not sure if they'll do a movie at this point, but I still feel they need something like that if they want to do the conclusion justice. The SAO movie got pushed back to 2017, so it's possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom