• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

Since Clip Studio Paint updated to add in animating, I'm gonna give that a try.

hehehe

Anywho, Watched Konosuba ep.10. Great episode finale, Super glad at there being a second season (although makes the whole 10 episodes being all there is for this season somewhat suspect...)

And as for Phantom world's recent episode, am I the only one who found it kinda creepy that Mai basically had to be his mom? I mean, isn't she kinda his love interest, or something...

Anywho, it remind me of H2O footprints in the sand's ending but less fucked up.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Konosuba end
All dem high quality explosion. Great way to end the series.
Definitely one of my fav. show for this season. And now, waiting for season 2 and hoping it's at least as good or even better than season 1

TUSR

Banned
Myriad Colors Phantom World 12 Preview
10Z36qX.jpg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt6aRDta128&feature=youtu.be

Line_HTX

Myriad Colors Painting World 11

Great standalone episode. It was very heartfelt and Mai makes the best big sister.

Koito is smiling more. That is what I like to see. She is so good. TUSR's picture earlier is a great shot witihout her headphones.

There was a spectacular shot in the middle of the episode that really looked like an actual photograph. It was a sunset under a mostly couldy sky, with what looked like a rice field and a couple of hills in the back. I don't know why, but I felt that part when Mai was walking Haruhiko home was the best part of the episode. Looking at that sunset was like gazing in complete awe at a Bob Ross painting. I love it when KyoAni does something that's not just a standard bright summer blue sky day.

Fucking cats ruining the day again.

Haruhiko does not look like he is not as out of shape as he claims, lmao.

Damnit, there are so many good Koito faces to choose from... And by the looks of the preview, there's another one.

Jex

So did Branduil iirc. Did anyone like the movie? At all?
There's one guy on my twitter feed who liked it, but that's about it. I've never seen so many negative reviews for a Hosoda movie, even something as flaccid as Summer Wars received a fairly warm reception.

Of course, in terms of the viewing cycle, only a handful of people have seen The Boy and the Beast.

Squishy3

I'd see Boy and the Beast if the theater's showing times for it weren't insane.

Who screens anime movies at 10:30 in the morning?

Quasar

There's one guy on my twitter feed who liked it, but that's about it. I've never seen so many negative reviews for a Hosoda movie, even something as flaccid as Summer Wars received a fairly warm reception.

Of course, in terms of the viewing cycle, only a handful of people have seen The Boy and the Beast.

Funny you mention Summer Wars. I saw it first the first time recently. Was surprisingly entertained. For some reason I was long put off, I guess because of its name.

zulux21

Jojo part 3 episode 1

I need to remember to not think to much about things or I will just be annoyed lol. So brain off, just enjoy the action and the one liners... still not a great start, but hey gonna face off against previous evil that should be an absolute pushover for a generation that could take out the pilliar men, the creators of the current evil, with current tech like easy UV light.

Alas I am sure there will be some reason why dio got so strong that FAMILY BONDS! are awakening new powers :p

I do feel like most of the character theme for persona 3 came from jojo part 3 though as the inner demons, firing a gun at your head to bring out the demon ect are all persona 3 lol.

wow you guys get anime movies in theaters?

I think every movie funimation has released in the last 2 years has been shown in a theater near me. It's just on the corner of a street I don't like so I don't go. or work gets in the way .

duckroll

I watched Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children, Rebuild 1.0, Rebuild 2.0, Re:Cyborg 009, KnK8, FMA Milos, and the Gundam 00 Movie in cinemas. We did not get Rebuild 3.0 or Boy and the Beast. At first I was really mad. Now it seems like... fate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I can get this out of the way when I start making the Ace Attorney anime OT next week, anyone have any other ideas for the tagline?

So far I've got:

|OT| Eat your hamburgers, Ryuuichi.

|OT| Stepladders not included.

|OT| In which we all speak autobiographical gibberish

|OT| Another anime with objectionable content.

rrvv

I watched Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children, Rebuild 1.0, Rebuild 2.0, Re:Cyborg 009, KnK8, FMA Milos, and the Gundam 00 Movie in cinemas. We did not get Rebuild 3.0 or Boy and the Beast. At first I was really mad. Now it seems like... fate.

so you saying those 2 are worse than Gundam 00 Movie?

Quasar

Lucky. I've yet to see any anime in cinemas. Would like to, but anime only gets shown in Sydney but nowhere else (well aside from dragonball and ghibli movies).

Squishy3

Jojo part 3 episode 1

I need to remember to not think to much about things or I will just be annoyed lol. So brain off, just enjoy the action and the one liners... still not a great start, but hey gonna face off against previous evil that should be an absolute pushover for a generation that could take out the pilliar men, the creators of the current evil, with current tech like easy UV light.

Alas I am sure there will be some reason why dio got so strong that FAMILY BONDS! are awakening new powers :p

I do feel like most of the character theme for persona 3 came from jojo part 3 though as the inner demons, firing a gun at your head to bring out the demon ect are all persona 3 lol.
Yeah, Jojo's influence with Stands is pretty massive. There's references or things inspired by it all over the place in Japanese media. Hell, in 1997 an American comic author completely ripped off the series, released only 1 issue (this came to light just recently, AFAIK) and this happened 3 years after the original OVA series for Stardust Crusaders in the 90s came out. This guy was on the ball, considering that said OVA wasn't licensed in North America until 2003.

If you want the series description:

Antarctic Press strikes again with yet another anime–type, creator–owned title. Written, illustrated, and colored by Joe Weltjens, Diesel follows the imprint’s manga style, high–flying, no–holds barred action—an attitude that over the years has generated quite the loyal following. Reminiscent of the Highlander films and television series, Diesel follows an enigmatic group of powerful characters known as “stand users.” Each has the ability to control a temporal projection unique to that individual—one that is used to battle other stand users to the death. A group of kindhearted users band together to seek out and destroy the mysterious aggressor that murdered their mentor. As the story progresses, it becomes obvious that only the most powerful of the group, Tom Diesel, has the fortitude necessary to reach the source of this evil and uncover its diabolical plan.

It even has the Araki patented dog violence. :p

Squishy3

I am assuming I should just watch the more recent TV series and ignore the OVAs from years ago. is that correct?
It'd be interesting for you to go back and see them eventually (as they do some things better, mostly in regards to the animation during a few sequences) but it only originally covered the second half of the series, and they went back to it years later and adapted the beginning. But to be ready for the season that starts in April just keep watching what you're watching.

Squishy3

Satoshi Kon worked on some of the original OVA. Just saying.
Yeah, that's why I'm saying if he's interested he can go back and revisit it. I just couldn't recommend it to someone getting in now even if it's a shorter version as it's just an extremely hyper-condensed version (and even if the David Production version of Stardust Crusaders could be paced better the OVA still leaves out a lot of the humor and character interactions that make Jojo's really great.) to it's own detriment. Plus some of the liberties they take in regards to the source material and character designs is... not great.

That and they showed Dio reading the Quran. :p

duckroll

At this point with the adaptations we have, it is impossible to recommend the old OVAs for Jojo to someone who actually wants to experience the full story, yeah. But it's always important to keep in mind that they exist as a separate work and had some real veterans working on them. Great animation too.

Risette

A Good Citizen
the OVAs are great and I will always defend them but at the same time it's best to view the OVAs and the TV series as two separate things entirely even if they adapt the same material... it's a waaaaaay different approach. Both are worth watching.

Wow.
Only movies we get are Naruto and DBZ movies. I would love to watch Evangelion on the big screen ;___;

Konosuba - 10 [End]

6af3hUV.jpg

I'm so proud of her!

Fun show. Kazuma's cynical acts and thoughts blended with a parody fantasy/mmo world with odd characters, made for plenty of enjoyable moments. Looking forward to S2.
I'll also echo the props to the sound, voice actors did a great job. My favorite little bit is probably the voiced eyecatches that has the characters current emotional status in them (if the prior scene ended with someone being angry for example, they'd sound angry in the eyecatch)

Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Record anime announced.
Sisti attends a magical academy to hone her skills in the magical arts, and hopes to solve the mystery of the enigmatic Sky Castle. After the retirement of her favorite teacher, the replacement, Glen, turns out to be a tardy, lazy, seemingly incompetent bastard of an instructor. How was it that Glen was hand-picked by the best magician in the academy!?
lHEm5Uu.jpg

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress PV3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NljBw9RtOx4
Chance of WIT can hold the quality?

Btw Amazon will air first episode one day earlier than TV(and back to normal after episode 1).

Maybe if they shoot for 12-13 episodes at a time. This being NotAoT I can only assume they'll hope for success and long-run profit and hence have no intention of closing it up anytime soon.

That one battle sequence on the train looked really weak. The female character is basically just floating, meh. I love the 3DMG and can't help but wonder if they can actually come up with something that would allow for equally good combat scenarios.

Maybe if they shoot for 12-13 episodes at a time. This being NotAoT I can only assume they'll hope for success and long-run profit and hence have no intention of closing it up anytime soon.

That one battle sequence on the train looked really weak. The female character is basically just floating, meh. I love the 3DMG and can't help but wonder if they can actually come up with something that would allow for equally good combat scenarios.

It's 1 cour show confirmed, noitamina just announced Summer and Fall shows.
Summer: http://battery-anime.com/
Fall: http://www.funewoamu.com/

Thoraxes

Phantom World - 11

Yooooo that was great. Good story and follow through. That ending too ;_;

And the animation, especially those initial sandbox cuts... Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom