• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

My weakness is cute 2D girls. Saekano had nothing to it but that, completely empty feeling as I watched it to the end, followed by regret.

I watched it over a 5 day vacation.

(at least I had also watched and finished Mr. Robot during that time so not entirely a wasted vacation).

Jintor

sound ufo 2-3

i'm trying to think back on my orchestra days and figure out if we were actually any good or not. I... kinda don't think so. lol. at least we never did any competitions like concert band or jazz band. On the other hand, I don't think we cared, so

The issue with Phantom World is that most of the episodes seem to be anime original. They haven't even progressed through the first LN yet in 11 episodes.

If you don't care for spoilers, even though I doubt a S2 will happen, you should take a look at the synopsis for the second LN. The tone of the LNs are completely different than the anime. With the amount of filler, its unsurprising.

Two scenes today caught me off guard.

One at the beginning of the episode, when Koito is addressing Reina.

"What the big deal? It's your reward for all your hard work. Right?"

She comes off as actually being a character with emotions.

And the second being a simple joke on "I can't bear to watch"

Even though its low humor, I got a laugh out of it with my basic knowledge of Japanese. Honestly, I didn't expect to get a laugh out of this show.

Chances are it goes back to sucking next week, but its nice to see an outlier like this pop up.

So I'm guessing that this last episode that we got wasn't am anime original, hence why it felt so different from everything else?

Jarmel

Banned
So guessing that Amazon starts funding their own anime shows. Should be interesting with both Amazon and Netflix getting into the business.

Jintor

sound ufo 3

yeah! every good leader first unites his crew in resentment against him and then unleashes them against the competition!

Jojo Stardust Crusaders - 37

Blasting through Jojo while stuck on a train for hours. The bizarre alternative art for the Oingo Brother's Thoth book is neat! Pleasantly surprised by the matching ED of those episodes as well, feels like the staff has a lot of heart for the source material.

WO1Swfy.jpg
OV4IrkI.jpg

Jaxec

Konosuba 10

An awesome finale to my personal AOTS. This show is just too much fun. The comedic timing is on point and the VAs do such a tremendous job at making this show that much better. Megumin is the best and Kazuma's Kazuma's desu always cracks me up, really glad I got to hear it in the finale. Now the wait begins for the OVA and second season. Hopefully we get the rest of Megumin's clan.

Heavy Object 15 - 22

I had put this show on pause to let the episodes build up and it ended up being the right choice. This is too much fun. Heivia and Qwenthur are a riot and their interactions are the best part of this show. Froleytia Is best girl along with Ohohoho. Looking forward to the last two episodes, but it's a shame this is unlikely to get another season because I heard that after volume 3 it gets even better. Damn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Told you lot to watch 'Death in Paradise' for your murder mystery fix. You get a satisfying ending every episode rather than hoping for just one at the end of a season.

Konosuba Ep.10

Yay less Kazuma and more of everyone else! I think if I'm to enjoy this show I'm just going to erase Ep9 from my memory and focus on how much fun the rest of the party is. Hell given the fact that everything that happened in Ep9 seems to have been forgotten by the cast too it hardly seems like too much of an ask. If S2 continues 'Kazuma whines incessantly' thread without growing at all though it's going to be a long road.

Also more consistent animation please, big bangs look great everything else not so much

tuffy

Konosuba Ep.10

Yay less Kazuma and more of everyone else! I think if I'm to enjoy this show I'm just going to erase Ep9 from my memory and focus on how much fun the rest of the party is. Hell given the fact that everything that happened in Ep9 seems to have been forgotten by the cast too it hardly seems like too much of an ask.
But the events of episode 9 are what motivated the nameless town guys to not flee from the weapon's impending destruction. The episode kept flashing back to what they needed to fight for.

Cornbread78

Can I just jump ahead and say I'm more looking forward to Summer than Spring!!!

Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
Rewrite
Orange
Handa-kun
Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin

I mean, those first 4 alone...

Oh and Yuri fans should be happy:
Amanchu!
Most of the manga so far details the relationship between the two girls, which quickly seems to move into romantic two girl friendship-territory.

Rewrite
Orange
Handa-kun

Ehhh idk generally I'd agree with you. But right now I'm only seeing Soma and maybe Handa-kun vs the whole array of shows that we are getting this Spring.

Cornbread78

Ehhh idk generally I'd agree with you. But right now I'm only seeing Soma and maybe Handa-kun vs the whole array of shows that we are getting this Spring.

Well, ReWrite is in there and that's the one I really want to watch. Orange sounds really intersting and Soma is Soma.... Handa is just an add-in, lol.

I'm going to be watching a TON of shows this spring and hopefully, Mayoiga or something else will really surprise me, but not much else really has my attention..

Rewrite
Orange
Handa-kun

Amanchu!

So far the most exciting for Summer is

Servamp
Puzzle & Dragons X
Fukigen na Mononokean

Based on what I read from MHA, I don't think I need to watch it tbh, even if the adaptation is solid. I wanna trim the fat, I don't wanna watch a show just because. I already have 6 shows that I will watch for sure, maybe 7 with Attack on Trains.

Summer will be worse because we're unlikely getting something on par with Rakugo.

I tend to not care about bad shows. There's a bunch of trash every season but it's all about the stuff that's worth watching. I'd rather get 4 good shows and 100 terrible in a season than getting 3 good and 10 bad ones.

Well, of course the forum experience etc. is for the worse the more trash there is but that's secondary.

Rewrite
Orange
Handa-kun

Amanchu!
Since you looking for Alderamin, i wonder what do you think about the big change of character design? just curios.

Cornbread78

Based on what I read from MHA, I don't think I need to watch it tbh, even if the adaptation is solid. I wanna trim the fat, I don't wanna watch a show just because. I already have 6 shows that I will watch for sure, maybe 7 with Attack on Trains.

Oh, I'm with you there...

I already have:

kiznaiver
Mayoiga
Sousei no Onmyouji
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Asterix War S2
Wagamama High Spec (Short)

My Maybe list is where the fighting begins:

Big Order
Joker Game
Kabaneri
Hero Academia
Flying Witch
Sakamoto desu ga?
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Kuma Miko
Kuromukuro

There is almost too much to choose from to narrow down a few shows you know will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom