• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Also the Devil May Cry guy, and the Black Cat guy.

Not exactly the most stellar of action credits, I'll grant you that, but still not totally out of left field.

Devil May Cry is a good comparison because the director and character designer are both on this project. We all remember what an amazing production that series was, so I'm sure this will turn out fine.

duckroll

Amazing New Berserk Series: The Berserking

Director: Shin Itagaki (Devil May Cry, Teekyu)
Series Composition: Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass)
Series Compostion Assistance: Takashi Yamashita
Main Character Designer: Hisashi Abe (Devil May Cry, Wolverine)
Music: Shiro Sagisu (Evangelion, Berserk The Golden Age)
Insert Song: Susumu Hirasawa (Satoshi Kon filmography, Berserk TV)
Production: Liden Films (Lol)
Animation Production: GEMBA (Lolol) / millepensee (Lololol)

I'm glad the new Berserk series looked like shit to begin with so I wouldn't have to feel crushing disappointment after getting my hopes up, but being a Berserk/HxH reader has already trained me like that.

duckroll

Another good news is that fans of Yoko Hikasa can look forward to hearing her begging Guts to shove his big sword up her cunt. And beg a demon horse not to rape her. Okay, I guess that's not really good news. I'm just trying to stay positive here!

Come on give GEMBA a chance lol.

Another good news is that fans of Yoko Hikasa can look forward to hearing her begging Guts to shove his big sword up her cunt. And beg a demon horse not to rape her. Okay, I guess that's not really good news. I'm just trying to stay positive here!

I can see why Berserk is so liked by fans of older anime.

duckroll

Come on give GEMBA a chance lol.

You're right. They might finally have a chance to prove themselves here. I shouldn't look down on a CG studio just because they worked on CG package art for the PG Unicorn. I am filled with positivity. It can only be good news that a big property like Berserk is used as a proving ground for small untested studios. Glory be to anime!

MAPPA's next show is coming.
Mitsurou Kubo x Sayo Yamamoto x MAPPA

Yuri on ice
More news at Anime Japan.

http://yurionice.com/
App7Z46.jpg

T-Rex.

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Uhhh, what. That was not what I was expecting, at all. I'd always see the show on Netflix and never thought of checking it out just because (if I'm being honest) the name of the show, the character designs, and the synopsis made me think it'd be the kind of show I wouldn't enjoy. My niece was over and thought it looked interesting so I put it on expecting it to be kid friendly (she's almost 5) but goddamn, the show is savage.

dan2026

I don't understand why Berserk always gets the short end of the anime stick.

We can have 1000 moe garbage shows with inexplicably high budgets.
But does Berserk get any of that dough? Hell no!

Still going to watch in vague hope.

phaze

I don't understand why Berserk always gets the short end of the anime stick.

We can have 1000 moe garbage shows with inexplicably high budgets.
But does Berserk get any of that dough? Hell no!

Still going to watch in vague hope.

Shit staff for shit source material, shocking.
picturen6p3j.png

Uhhh, what. That was not what I was expecting, at all. I'd always see the show on Netflix and never thought of checking it out just because (if I'm being honest) the name of the show, the character designs, and the synopsis made me think it'd be the kind of show I wouldn't enjoy. My niece was over and thought it looked interesting s]o I put it on expecting it to be kid friendly (she's almost 5) but goddamn, the show is savage.

I think it's first time I see someone caught unaware by Madoka. Hilarious. And jeez, don't let her watch more.

Cornbread78

Uhhh, what. That was not what I was expecting, at all. I'd always see the show on Netflix and never thought of checking it out just because (if I'm being honest) the name of the show, the character designs, and the synopsis made me think it'd be the kind of show I wouldn't enjoy. My niece was over and thought it looked interesting so I put it on expecting it to be kid friendly (she's almost 5) but goddamn, the show is savage.

Wait, you watched ep.3 with her there watching? Damn, nightmare material....

T-Rex.

Banned
I think it's first time I see someone caught unaware by Madoka. Hilarious. And jeez, don't let her watch more.
Honestly the title of the show and the character designs (plus the colours) made me think it was just going to be your average cheery kids show about witches. I wasn't even paying any attention to it while it was playing, but the second the fight music started playing and I saw the design of the witches and what was actually happening on screen I was like nope. Turned it off straight away. I'll be watching the rest of it myself though because it seems quite interesting.

Wait, you watched ep.3 with her there watching? Damn, nightmare material....
Nah, I turned it off before then once I actually saw what was happening. Just the first ep and a bit of the second.

Diodiablo

Banned
Madoka is false advertising, be more careful next time.

Since you're here, try to avoid showing the girl Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity has declined).

Honestly the title of the show and the character designs (plus the colours) made me think it was just going to be your average cheery kids show about witches. I wasn't even paying any attention to it while it was playing, but the second the fight music started playing and I saw the design of the witches and what was actually happening on screen I was like nope. Turned it off straight away. I'll be watching the rest of it myself though because it seems quite interesting.

Nah, I turned it off before then once I actually saw what was happening. Just the first ep and a bit of the second.

You dodged quite the bullet there as you'll see for yourself when you continue.

That said...on the one hand I'm glad your niece got out unharmed but, on the other hand, it would've made for an even better comment of yours if she didn't.

So, for the sake of this internet stranger, would you give it another go and also record your niece's traumatization? Pretty please?!?

Szadek

Your Lie in April - Ep. 5
Kaori is pretty much dead already isn't she?
This is going to suck really hard, because she is a pretty amazing character.

Tsukimonogatari
Another great arc. The visuals were great even by the standart of this series.
An arc about Yotsugi wasn't something I knew I wanted until I got it.
The develompemnt for Arargit was great,too.

I'm going to break from the series for now. I will try to wait for the blu rays of Owarimonogatari and Koyomimonogatari.
It's possible that I can't hold myself back that long.I'm mean, Shinobu is listed as a main character for Owari and so is Ougi , a character I really want to learn more about.

Cornbread78

You dodged quite the bullet there as you'll see for yourself when you continue.

That said...on the one hand I'm glad your niece got out unharmed but, on the other hand, it would've made for an even better comment of yours if she didn't.

So, for the sake of this internet stranger, would you give it another go and also record your niece's traumatization? Pretty please?!?

You're a sick individual and should be ashamed of yourself....

that video would go viral in seconds and I'd watch, lol

kewlmyc

Some new characters shown off from the Danganronpa 3 anime plus a look at the returning characters.
(Odd that Byukakua isn't there)
Plus a trailer is coming March 26. Spoilers if you haven't played the games.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/danganronpa-3-anime-12-new-characters

Can't wait to see why this couldn't have been its own game. They even have 12 characters that are going to participate in a death game (I assume). This whole anime's existence confuses the hell out of me.

Tales of Zestiria X coming 2016 summer.
Let's see Ufotable will make the story better or will make Japanese even more mad lol.

Looking forward to this despite not liking the game and never finishing it. Weird. In for Edna I suppose.

The chances of this being good is very, very low isn't it? It's freaking Berserk!? Why is it being treated like this?

phaze

It's not like Berserk is that big of a deal in Japan is it ? I'm looking at the last released volume sales and it probably barely crosses 300k mark in the first 4 weeks if even that. (277 k sales after first three weeks, doesn't rank in the fourth where the last ranked position sold 23,728 ) So it has good, very good sales but ones that however pale in comparison to titles at the peak of the charts.

Or Bleach.

Exalted

First 3 episodes of Not Attack on Titan were apparently screened in theaters in Japan.

Copied and pasted from that reddit thread:

Viewers Thoughts

1. It's a bit erotic/lewd!
  2. It's fun to see Mumei kills everything
  3. I'm sad because I have to wait until the end of April to keep watching.
  4. Sawano's work is far beyond his average!
  5. A lot of talking
  6. All the female characters look good!
  7. It was scary
  8. I wonder how many people died to animate this
  9. OP and ED don't fit the show
  10. Mixed audience (male and female of all age, not just otaku or fujoshi)
  11. That samurai with a sword is "nippon banzai" at its strongest
  12. You need to watch it in theater!
  13. Why does this TV anime looks so god when a movie like Digimon Tri looks so bad?
  14. Anonymous-chan is super cute!
  15. Attack on Kotetsujou : Kabaneri of the rebellion : Sengoku Basara edition
  16. The tension is high thanks to the music
  17. Beautiful ending
  18. How are they going to maintain this quality until the end?
  19. The story didn't start so far
  20. Music doesn't disappoint
  21. A lot of blood and violence, a bit grotesque
  22. "Japanese-made steam punk proximity fighting ®!"
  23. Script is way better than Valvrave (so far).
  24. I had flashbacks from Guily Crown

Doesn't sound promising. Not that it ever could live up to the original tsktsk!
This sounds good to me, can't wait to see it for myself and check out the animation quality. Hopefully it has at least a half decent story to match.

blurr

Sorry about your niece but honestly that's the best way to watch Madoka.

phaze

First 3 episodes of Not Attack on Titan were apparently screened in theaters in Japan.

Copied and pasted from that reddit thread:

Viewers Thoughts

It's missing: "There are at least 3 KnK shows now, who the hell thought this was a good idea."

The first bit of anime that I've watched this year...and I don't really like this show at all. Fantastic music and animation it goes without saying but man oh man do the subtitles speed by at a frantic pace, a pace that ultimately makes it hard for me to follow. Now one could argue that it works to create a claustrophobic atmosphere, one that the viewer should indulge in and accept as the experience that comes with this show, not too dissimilar to the feeling of discomfort one gets when on a white-knuckle roller coaster however all it does is keep my eyes away from the beautiful animation on screen as I lament on the missed words that I failed to process due to the fact that it moves by so damn fast, as if to chastise me for not being able to read fast enough.

I'm only one episode in however I'm already getting feelings similar to the ones that I felt when watching Kaiba, another Yuasa series which I really didn't like at all. I'm sure that if I stick with the series until the bitter end that I'll end up enjoying it, at least I was told so by my brother and many others but so far I'm not enjoying this at all. I couldn’t really wait for the episode to be done with if I’m honest. The subject matter at hand seems to resonate with me but it’s also one that has been done a million times within the anime sphere in packages that I felt more comfortable with.

After taking a break from anime for a few months, maybe starting with this was a mistake.

I started with The Tatami Galaxy because I have a sizable backlog but didn't really want to start with a huge show but in retrospect this 11 episode series is going to take a lot longer to get through. Oh well. Man...legit shook.

This wounds me deeply ...

I'll fight you. Lets take this outside the internet.

On second thought, I take it back. Tekyuu director is too good for the hilariously overedgy tripe that is Tower of Conviction arc.

pbayne

Sölf;198879876 said:
That looks quite good, but I still have no idea what that's about. xD

Yeah me neither lol. Hot guys doing cool stuff i guess.

Judging by the office their in and their character designs im guessing some kind supernatural detectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom