• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

Mob pyscho 100 pv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0wbdZZKRc
2rLJjq5.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
March Comes in Like a Lion full staff:

Director: Akiyuki Shinbo
Character Design: Nobuhiro Sugiyama (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Nisekoi)
Art Setting: Yasuhiro Nakura (Space Dandy episode 21)
Art Director: Seiki Tamura (Osomatsu-san, Lupin: Fujiko Mine/Jigen's Gravestone)
Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama (Hidamari Sketch, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)
Music: Yukari Hashimoto (Osomatsu-san, Penguindrum)
Animation Production: Shaft

Can't wait to see how Shaft Shafts it up.

zulux21

I'm a bit confused (and sad) that this isn't coming this season.

Really love the colours on this, I hope it delivers.

It's somewhat a stop gap between one punch man seasons so it would make sense if it didn't come out until the fall. You could likely alternate years between this and one punch man if the one punch man's artist speeds up the release of OPM a bit.

I'm a bit confused (and sad) that this isn't coming this season.

Really love the colours on this, I hope it delivers.

BONES is already making 3 shows this season; give them a break! You'll get Mob Psycho 100 in the summer.

Can't wait to see how Shaft Shafts it up.

Of note, it looks like this'll be the first time Shinbo is directing a show at Shaft himself without an assistant or series director doing the heavy lifting.

Lexxism

Ace of Diamond S1 51

Seidou gave Mei his first ER on the tournament. This is getting exciting. I really love Yuuki's bgm whenever he comes up to bat.

Art Director: Seiki Tamura (Osomatsu-san, Lupin: Fujiko Mine/Jigen's Gravestone)

Face expressions make everyone look off and creepy in that visual.

I checked all the pages on that website when I finished it and there's a lot of points that are just far-fetched. The show has undeniably similarities with NGE but it's not like they're the same thing. And in any case, it's mostly visual similarities, along with some characters, who turned out completely different eventually. You'll notice some of them when you're watching it, but it mostly seems like they're paying homage to NGE, rather than copying it.

You didn't like phaze's attitude towards Eureka 7, but he watched the show and judged it based on his own experience. You've formed a negative opinion on this and you repeat the same thing because of the negative experience some people may had, while it's apparent that there were people here that enjoyed it. At least, please try to watch it before condemning it as nothing more than a rip off.

Maybe I'll watch Rah Xephon someday, but like Jexhius says, I could be watching much better shows instead so it's not high on my priority list.

Shows like VOTOMS, Escaflowne, or Nadesico are shows I know will most definitely be good, considering how much praise they've gotten from people who have recommended me some of my favorite shows before.

Right now however, I need to finish Your Lie in April for a watchbet.

blurr

Mob Psycho PV looks rad, love the music too.

March Comes in like a Lion also looks interesting, mostly because of the Shinbo + Shaft combination

pbayne

Character designs remind me a lot of Eden of the East.

Heroman 9

First arc done. Yo that's how to do a final boss fight.

I wished kotringo would do the soundtrack again after Gourmet Girl Graffiti but the staff still looks quite good and interesting.

Who has the lead currently?

I mean I would have given the prize to SAO but then I got ten episodes into Brynhildr in the Darkness and just gave up as it oscillated wildly between a somewhat interesting mystery/scifi show, a terrible harem comedy and a fan service fest. The whiplash will stay with me for days

The Chimaera of Asterisk War/Chivalry/Bahamut for being the same fucking show

Mob Psycho 100 PV 2

Not as good as the first PV taken in itself (reuses a lot of the same footage), but gives a taste of the voice acting and continues to have very promising music.

Looks good. I'm excited.

Shinbo is real again?

Very high hopes for March Comes in Like a Lion. I liked the manga a lot but I'll be honest and say it's been a while since I read it so I'm not as up on remembering it as much as some other series I've read.

Dammit I've been developing a strange attraction to Asterisk War ever since the mass outbreak of "Why is Asterisk War getting a S2 when <insert actually good show here> didn't" on here a few days ago. Seems Chivalry of a Failed Knight is only on Hulu and Rage of Bahamut is only on Funi and neither is available in Ireland (Funi was coming in March but now is 'coming soon')

Ascheroth

Who has the lead currently?

I mean I would have given the prize to SAO but then I got ten episodes into Brynhildr in the Darkness and just gave up as it oscillated wildly between a somewhat interesting mystery/scifi show, a terrible harem comedy and a fan service fest. The whiplash will stay with me for days

Brynhildr isn't an LN though.

You forgot a few. Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break, Seirei Tsukai no Sword Dance and more will fit right in (those last two even have the same naming scheme lol)

Dammit I've been developing a strange attraction to Asterisk War ever since the mass outbreak of "Why is Asterisk War getting a S2 when <insert actually good show here> didn't" on here a few days ago. Seems Chivalry of a Failed Knight is only on Hulu and Rage of Bahamut is only on Funi and neither is available in Ireland (Funi was coming in March but now is 'coming soon')

The Asterisk War outrage is hilarious. The show is nothing special, but there sure as hell are tons of worse shows with the same premise.

(I liked Asterisk more then Chivalry)

Asterisk and Chivalry weren't even the worst shows in their season. I honestly don't get the hate for them as mild indifference is the strongest one should rightly feel towards them.

Then again I liked them so what the fuck do I know, back in the shit anime box with me.

Ascheroth

I stand corrected, it's manic swapping between various cliches wore me out so I guess I can blame this one on Manga instead.

Sold

I think Chivalry had higher highs but also way lower lows then Asterisk, whereas that one stayed more consistent. (depends on what you prefer)
Also, since Asterisk was split cour from the beginning, the finale is basically a mid-season climax and set-up for more (which should be pretty nice action-wise).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is another show that has been sitting in my queue for awhile now. .

Leave it in the queue forever. The only thing it has going for it is some nudity and violence in the first episode which is kind of cool for ones first anime when they're a teenager because woah it's edgy unlike the Mr Men cartoon. The rest is a nonsensical journey following the life of idiots whose ending makes you want to rip your own head off unlike the Mr Men cartoon.

Lay it on me fam. Is the Erased finale good or nah? Won't be able to watch for another few hours.

Asterisk and Chivalry weren't even the worst shows in their season. I honestly don't get the hate for them as mild indifference is the strongest one should rightly feel towards them.

Then again I liked them so what the fuck do I know, back in the shit anime box with me.

I did not like Asterisk one bit, but I enjoyed Chivalry quite a bit. I'd be in for a season 2.

Qurupeke

ERASED [END]

I'll forget that the last, unnecessary minute happened and OH MY GOD SATORU X MISATO!!!! :D

That was pretty good, it's a shame that they had to rush in order to deliver that finale.

But lol, the rooftop scene and the flashbacks almost made it seem that the teacher had romantic feelings for Satoru. I kinda expected both of them to fall off and die, mirroring Naruto's ending.

Also, we got no motive for the killer. I guess I'll read the manga, because his killing sprees seems to be fueled by his hatred for hamsters.

Erased 12

Ehhh....

Better then I expected it to be but ehh. The anime definitely started way stronger then the manga and polished up the best parts (the Director knew what the real selling point was) but the manga ended way stronger then the anime did.

That last scene was lame as fuck though, could've improved the manga ending but ya didn't

marshmallow 12 END

greatest love story ever told ;_;7

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Erased Episode 12:

Let me see if I can digest my thought processes here, 10 minutes of abject boredem as the build up to an anticlimactic climax, 4 minutes pausing the stream to actually laugh at the twist, another 7 minutes enjoying the ending, one last minute of shouting bullshit at the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom