• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, while Yakuza 0 is pretty good so far, the property management aspect of it is confusing.

First off, I don't know if there's a way to actually see what properties you can buy, other than literally walking around town pressing your body up against the glass and seeing if the examine icon comes up.

If you could read Japanese all the property names are displayed clearly on the building signs, of course, but if you can't you'll need to resort to an external guide.

That and you can upgrade properties with advisers, and some advisers are better at certain types of properties. Alright fine, why exactly is the adviser's store expertise displayed with various symbols? Is a double circle better than a triangle? Is a triangle better than a regular circle? I'm guessing an X means they're just bad at that property? It cost money to upgrade so it seems weird that they were asks us to experiment to discover this.

This is another case where the game is relying on symbols generally understood by Japanese but not really understood outside the country. Circle is good, double circle is really good, triangle is average, X is bad.

Tunoku

Oh, I forgot to mention that Bakuman is pretty fucking sexist. All the female characters are plot devices that throw themselves onto the male cast. I know, it's anime, but it felt especially grating in this case.

KonoSuba 07

C5TnabBWIAEncMI.jpg

Is this what perfection looks like?

This season has been the wreckoning of Aqua and Yunyun.

Can we change the thread title to this, since John Wick has also disappointed Ducky?

At least Aqua has friends.

Low blow, man. Low blow.

No one in the group likes Aqua and she is more a nuisance than anything else. Yunyun is just really sad because she seems like the type that would totally have friends and yet...she only has Megumin. Which is kinda sad. Actually...it's really sad. What did she ever do besides
trying to get a demon to become her friend?

Can we change the thread title to this, since John Wick has also disappointed Ducky?

Low blow, man. Low blow.

No one in the group likes Aqua and she is more a nuisance than anything else. Yunyun is just really sad because she seems like the type that would totally have friends and yet...she only has Megumin. Which is kinda sad. Actually...it's really sad. What did she ever do besides

It's actually kind of the opposite. It's Kazuma who bounces back and forth between being liked and being the most hated of the group. lol

Sterok

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon 7

The Comiket section was nice. A gathering of thousands of people for one common purpose that also acts as a relief for everyone from the other world. Fafnir can't catch a break.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Low blow, man. Low blow.

No one in the group likes anyone else in the group...if you believe them (which you shouldn't.) I mean, but that's what makes Konosuba good.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Bakuman is pretty fucking sexist. All the female characters are plot devices that throw themselves onto the male cast. I know, it's anime, but it felt especially grating in this case.

Yeah, I don't know that I thought about that too much while reading, but there were a few places in the manga where I did kinda think "This seems a tad sexist." Which is unfortunate, but I don't feel like it's all that surprising seeing as how female characters didn't get too much use in Death Note either.

Also
Duckroll gave me the okay
I wanted to let people here know my Wife and I will be running a Gleam (Social Media) contest starting tomorrow to help promote our website, AllYourAnime.Net that'll run for a week. It's open to U.S. and Canadian Residents and we'll be running an International Contest the following week.

I mostly mentioned it because my Wife has made these for our giveaway: Showa, Erased and Keijo Perler Magnets

I know that Showa was a huge hit on here and I figured people might be interested in some Showa memorabilia. We'll have other prizes, but I figured these would be of the most interest.

Also, since a lot of you guys on here are international, it's our intention to run a second contest as I mentioned above, exclusively for international residents, with Crunchyroll 1-Month Premium Memberships as the prizes. Sadly it's a bit too expensive for us to ship stuff around the world right now =/

This is already more self-promotey than I wanted it to be, so I won't mention it again =)

Samurai X/Ruroni Kenshin Trust & Betrayal Episodes 1-2

Found this in Savers one of the last few times my Wife had us go to see what was what. I hadn't seen this in ages, but god that music track. It immediately hit me just how much I love this mini-series for its atmosphere and foreboding tone. Heck the animation is really solid too. I'm no 90s purist, but seeing this again reminded me how much I loved this older aesthetic we don't see anymore.

Well, I finished Bakuman. I read the manga alongside the anime and I'm glad they skip that one arc. The first one with Nanamine was already more than enough.
Anyway, I really enjoyed it overall. Saiko's relationship to Miho was always a weak part of the series and I didn't really get that much out of the last couple of episodes.

Halfway through the second season I started picking up on lines that made me think that either Saiko or Miho would pass away before they could fulfil their dream, but that kinda went nowhere. I was almost afraid it was too on the nose when the characters in Reversi died.

I'm gonna check out some of the specials next, like the PCP volume they put out.

Toru Nanamine was one of my favorite characters, and especially his parts with Kosugi (glad they got Yuuki Kaji for him). I kind of wish the other arc was animated, but it made sense to skip it due to the story the anime was trying to tell.

Monochrome Rainbow is still one of my favorite anime op/ed songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwGta2sxVLc

No one in the group likes anyone else in the group...if you believe them (which you shouldn't.) I mean, but that's what makes Konosuba good.

Yeah, episodes like S2E6 make it really obvious that, despite all the loathing they spew at one another, deep down they really really care for each other. They just have funny ways of showing it.

I think part of Akiba's Trip's strength is that it chooses a new otaku obsessions for each episode so it can make it's strongest jokes, do a nice "monster of the week" type plot and move on. That way nothing is taken too seriously, they don't stretch material and they can come at something new with different ideas.

It's surprisingly good at handling it's material.

I think part of Akiba's Trip's strength is that it chooses a new otaku obsessions for each episode so it can make it's strongest jokes, do a nice "monster of the week" type plot and move on. That way nothing is taken too seriously, they don't stretch material and they can come at something new with different ideas.

It's surprisingly good at handling it's material.

Yeah I agree. Though I feel like the execution still varies from episode to episode. Like the Radio centric one was pretty meh, but the Computer centric episode's writing felt more on point to me.

You're right that it at least prevents material from being stretched though. I can't imagine this series focusing on just one of these episodes' material for weeks on end. Yikes.

zulux21

Well, I liked it well enough. :p I personally think Sunrise didn't want to restore only half the show, since the second half would have to be upscaled anyway.

I could see Discotek going after Maison Ikkoku eventually, though Rumiko Takahashi properties are difficult to acquire. As for Honey and Clover, I don't know who has the international rights to it. It might be Fuji TV, who are pretty open to working with overseas companies.

im not saying you can't like it, just saying it isn't going to sell as well as other license rescues such as Haruhi, cowboy bebop, code geass ect :p

and someone anywhere getting maison ikkoku would be great. only place I see that has it for a reasonable price is france and they don't have english on that release at all.

as for honey and clover my quick look around hasn't found any place outside of the US that had it licensed so since that release is gone there isn't any other choice.

The greatest sin is not animating sawamura vs mashiba.

I still don't get why the anime is so far behind the manga, and why there isn't more of it.
it gets decent ratings on tv when there is an anime and the manga still sells well *shrugs*

I suppose the merch sales aren't nearly as good as show like the haikyuu where most of the cast is just pretty boys.
most of the ippo characters in contrast are quite average looking or even ugly.

Chain Chronicle – The Light of Haecceitas – Episode 2 To Be With Others
C5T0Qz3WcAA2FL3.jpg:small

Wow when I saw this in JPN I didnt think Aram was about to crey and get all emotional after basically being told his way of fighting was wrong. Good for the dub. I really like their take on Aram and also on Aram and Yuris continuing relationship. Kain is great in the dub as well.

Yeah I agree. Though I feel like the execution still varies from episode to episode. Like the Radio centric one was pretty meh, but the Computer centric episode's writing felt more on point to me.

You're right that it at least prevents material from being stretched though. I can't imagine this series focusing on just one of these episodes' material for weeks on end. Yikes.

Yeah. I'm curious (but not enough to actually Google it) to see if each episode has different writers and directors and whatever. I'd assume from a cursory glance but with each episode being it's own thing I bet it gives them a lot more freedom to have someone try some shit.

That's just because someone has to carry her home after she uses Explosion.

True.

BEYBLADE #22 Blading with the Stars!
C5T4tRZWQAAQ9XJ.jpg:small

I can't believe thats his name, but also his lines, something like the man that decides if a stop sign goes on the corner of main and elm, what...

Oh well very funny lines this episode, with Emily, Max, and Mario. Also laughed at Ray trying to hid the autograph from Tyson.

zulux21

konosuba season 2 episode 7

can we just kill off aqua, she is such an annoying unfunny character :/

edit: oops I forgot useless.

also the cat playing with boobs "gag" is so stupid.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Low blow, man. Low blow.

I know we like to think Duckroll is some all powerful diety but he's just a loli meme mascot that hides in his box all the time.

Tunoku

Konosuba Season 2 - Episode 7

All the interactions between Kazuma and Aqua were brilliant in this episode.

Darkness continues to be a bad character.

Line_HTX

Gabriel Dropout 03

ePTF08K.png

Heh, I remember doing these. They were neat, I guess.

The Holy Light keeping things family friendly is probably the best excuse for covering things up, haha

Tuck

konosuba season 2 episode 7

can we just kill off aqua, she is such an annoying unfunny character :/

edit: oops I forgot useless.

also the cat playing with boobs "gag" is so stupid.

I'd support this.

Replace Megumin and Aqua with characters that actually live up to Kazuma and Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom