• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison School 12 (END) engdub

Ended up enjoying this anime a lot, mainly because Vice President was hilarious especially whenever she got involved with the guys and their schemes (or even the arm wrestling activity), but also mainly Kiyoshi. He was such a good lead and loved his passion and how he endured even when his friends wanted to treat him bad (almost hated Shingo at that point, but he was redeemed). Just loved the high levels of friendship between everyone, no bad male character. Hana was kind of annoying at times but sometimes had moments of comedy

Kind of wish there was an S2, ending was just so compelling to want to know what happens next and how it can still be going.

konosuba season 2 episode 7

can we just kill off aqua, she is such an annoying unfunny character :/

edit: oops I forgot useless.

CompleteEagerFoxterrier-size_restricted.gif

zulux21

Aqua haters are weird. Her being dumb and useless is what makes her so good.

she is really just annoying and in general her scenes aren't funny.

the other two lead females are at least funny sometimes (darkness most of the time)

the people who like her are likely the same people that think when a tsundare punches a guy just for existing is funny as well :/

zulux21

This.

Random ass generalization

it's the same horrid "humor"
most of aqua's "humor" is either her being high and mighty or her being abused, just the two different sides of tsundare punches :/

edit: in other thoughts, I sure hope no one who ordered the breath of the wild master edition on amazon had theirs cancelled, even if you are an aqua liker :(

Andrew J.

Maidragon 07

Some nice water effects here. Wasn't expecting Kanna to
wolf down that cicada
like that, definitely best gag of the episode.

Konosuba S2 07

I actually like Megumin better as a freaked-out straight man than as an explosion-obsessed chuuni.

Cornbread78

Dennou Coil ep.19
gg4ts6v.jpg

That was a pretty damn intense and amazing episode. Lots of shit going down and both girls are realizing that there is some serious issues going on with the Absolute Space, but the bigger issue is the
direct gate to absolute space in Megabaa's shop!
what is really going on with her past? Either way, that was an excellent episode.

Busaiku

So just finished Fate/Zero, should I go into the 2006 Fate/Stay Night, or go straight to Unlimited Blade Works.
I thought Saber was the weakest part of Fate/Zero, would that affect which one I should watch?

duckroll

So just finished Fate/Zero, should I go into the 2006 Fate/Stay Night, or go straight to Unlimited Blade Works.
I thought Saber was the weakest part of Fate/Zero, would that affect which one I should watch?

What are you talking about? Isn't Fate/Zero a stand alone series with no sequels or spin offs?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: To seriously answer your question, yes, yes it would. As in, you don't want to watch ANY of the sequels.

Cornbread78

I will relay the message that was drilled into my head. The 2006 series doesn't exist, go straight into UBW.

Aki-at

Konosuba S2 - 7

XqpzVwU.png
Oxjl12m.png
rMgp1Fa.png
ObvQZwS.png

Get stuffed Aqua

With people hating on Aqua this week I was expecting her to do something super awful but this was relatively tame for her standard. Brilliant episode with all four characters, Megumin playing the straight man at the beginning, Aqua being a pathetically sore loser, Darkness being a freak and Kazuma's embarrassment to how his party always messes up everyone's plans.

This show continues to deliver this season, brilliant episode all round and if there was one issue it's that it felt like it just ended abrup-

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UBW is far superior.

zulux21

Konosuba S2 - 7

With people hating on Aqua this week I was expecting her to do something super awful but this was relatively tame for her standard. Brilliant episode with all four characters, Megumin playing the straight man at the beginning, Aqua being a pathetically sore loser, Darkness being a freak and Kazuma's embarrassment to how his party always messes up everyone's plans.

This show continues to deliver this season, brilliant episode all round and if there was one issue it's that it felt like it just ended abrup-

it's mostly just the show is at its worse when she is a main focus... thus why complaining this week :p

So are there actually any changes to the Gintama movie or is it literally a recut of the episodes from the anime?

If you're not a Saber fan, than just skip Stay Night entirely since that series focuses heavily on her, that and it's pretty bad.

Unlimited Blade Works more or less offers better "conclusion' to the big ideology debate that Kiritsugu had internally in Zero. Though Shiro is pretty insufferable with his idealism, so heads up with that.

LotusHD

Banned
Konosuba S2 - 7

Once again, Aqua haters are weird.

Aki-at

Just realised I had completely forgot about Yunyun misery too... ah this episode was so good.

it's mostly just the show is at its worse when she is a main focus... thus why complaining this week :p

Hey now Aqua being screwed over coupled with Darkness's masochism and Kazuma's shame is very important in making a good Konosuba episode for me, this one had all the ingredients!

KraytarJ

Akiba's Trip 8
If there's one thing I appreciate about this series it's the villain's methods of taking over Akiba. I mean where else will you see someone try for territorial domination through the reselling of rice cookers?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
When does the good anime start coming out?

Konosuba's fantastic, but it's like a wasteland other than that.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid seems ok too I guess.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Are you... not watching Rakugo?

That doesn't look like it has the comedy or epic over the top fight scenes or mindbending overly complicated plots that I'm looking for...

my hero academia season 2 starts in a month

Now that's what I'm talking about. I guess i can wait a month.

Edit:

Eh, i guess a drama every once in awhile can be good. Might as well try it out.

Tuck

Konosuba S2 - 7

Megumi is like the mark brendanawicz of konosuba.

Her explosion shtick wore off and now she just doesn't measure up.

Well, most of the time.

Line_HTX

If you don't like much of the current lineup, you could always wait for Spring in April since there usually is a bigger lineup then.

KraytarJ

This season's been pretty bad as far as new shows go. Outside of Scum's Wish I'd struggle to name something truly special.

MaiDragon 7
Can we just remove Lucoa already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom