• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
KonoSuba 7

"So please stop saying it's impossible for someone who has social anxiety to make friends..." -Yunyun

Too real.

I just watched Yuri!!! On Ice and jesus that is one of most beautiful and charming shows I've ever watched. All the music is amazing and now I'm addicted to listening to it and watching youtubes videos of it put to professional skaters (or live dances for it). Shame I waited so long to check it out.

It has great ost for performances.

zulux21

What is it with Gokus family and having women do a 180 on their personalities when they get married.

Chichi and videl are nothing like they were prior to marriage.

to be fair videl becomes her wife mode before marriage.
she goes from a strong independent character to someone completely dependent on gohan basically the moment she gets her ass handed to her by spoppavich or how ever you spell it. I mean from that point on she is basically in lovey dovey mode and almost always just hanging out with chichi after she recovers if I recall right lol

NANA: A Lesson in Creating Human Characters

Video contains major spoilers for the anime so watch at your own discretion.

That was pretty good.

I think it was in the first few episodes of me seeing NANA where I already expected it be one of the best romances going forward because of the very natural feeling characters and how well they were established quickly.

A pity that both NANA's and KareKano's anime were cut short and in NANA's case even the manga is on hiatus.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
C5WgWlVUYAEcOfQ.jpg

https://t.co/8saM3ldTeM

Chindogg

Anime thread Chindogg, come on.

If people want to sate their curiosity, like I did, let them read it on their own accord.

It serves no function to post a major spoiler from the source material here. Those who have dropped Fuuka due to disinterest can find out what the spoiler is themselves.

Hey I put in spoiler tags. If they clicked on it that's their own problem.

Hype through the roof.
Can't remember those characters on the left though.
But then again I can't remember most of Blame! :p

I don't remember them either, I wouldn't be surprised if some liberties have been taken. Polygon tends to do at least some level of reworking with their adaptations.

JulianImp

Does Saekano have any redeeming qualities and if so, should I give it a watch?

It's a generic harem comedy with the pint-sized tsundere, the haughty Senjougahara-esque girl, the odd girl out (due to being the only character not into anime subculture) an the stupid sexy cousin (female, of course).

You might like it if you're into the genre, but it was underwhelming as hell for me.

caliph95

Naruto: Road to Ninja

First naruto piece of media i watched in a while decided that i might as well a naruto movie.
It was....ok what i expected. Was disappointed of the overall produc and felt it had more potential with the alternate characters which were amusing but needed more of them and less evil
Uzumaki

Is The Last Movie better since that is canon. Or Should i just wait for Boruto.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Rewatch EP 1-34
Not much to say still great and may have soured my view on Naruto. Still my favourite shonen along with HXH

Naruto: Road to Ninja

First naruto piece of media i watched in a while decided that i might as well a naruto movie.
It was....ok what i expected. Was disappointed of the overall produc and felt it had more potential with the alternate characters which were amusing but needed more of them and less evil
Uzumaki

Is The Last Movie better since that is canon. Or Should i just wait for Boruto.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Rewatch EP 1-34
Not much to say still great and may have soured my view on Naruto. Still my favourite shonen along with HXH
The Last Movie is excellent, I highly recommend it. It is part of the main story too.

Monogatari, which is enhanced even more because it has such barebones visuals!

Oh man, I think Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei fit the bill.

Omigawa made Soredemo and the whole cast of SZS is amazing. Love Kobayashi.

Man, it's been ages since I've watched SZS or SMwM. Enjoyed both but it has to be at least like...since when they first aired. I always love Kobayashi Yuu. I do specifically remember impressive voice acting from the main dude in SZS, such variations of despair.

Monogatari I...still have trouble not falling asleep too... >___>

...the fuck? Who the fuck are those three people on the left? Why does the synthetic life look so generic instead of based as fuck? Why must everything I love be ruined in adaptations?

Also people are crazy if this season has disappointed them. Outside of the obvious stand-outs we knew going in such as Rakugo or Konosuba, this season can easily be considered the season full of a lot of shows that had no expectations or belief they would be good but turned out to be pretty alright. And it's not that one or two okay shows makes a good season but rather that there are so many pretty good shows that are surprising. What season of anime has more than like...2 amazing shows? It's just not how things go. So a season with like...a 10/10 and a 9/10, along with like five or six 6s and 7s is a pretty impressive season to me, honestly. There's still worth and enjoyment out of watching an "okay" show.

We have:
ACCA, which some people are liking even if it has pacing or focus issues
Akiba's Trip which is enjoyable trash which is more fun and better looking than it really had any right to be
Ao no Exorcist if you want decent shonen claptrap
A new season of Gintama
Kemono Friends which has surprised a number of people
Kobayashi Maidragon with it's gorgeous visuals and warm moments
KonoSuba with it's KonoSuba
Scum's Wish which I think is really standing out more than anyone thought it would
Rakugo obviously
Tales of Zestiria which apparently shows the game up considerably
Youjo Senki which is going surprisingly well

And even ones I didn't list like Demi-chan or 3-gatsu or Little Witch Academia are finding random acceptance or like within the community.

Like, there is a lot this season that people are having fun watching or are surprised is as good as it is. Looks like a pretty great season to me.

Qurupeke

It's a generic harem comedy with the pint-sized tsundere, the haughty Senjougahara-esque girl, the odd girl out (due to being the only character not into anime subculture) an the stupid sexy cousin (female, of course).

You might like it if you're into the genre, but it was underwhelming as hell for me.
You're making it tempting.
And even ones I didn't list like Demi-chan or 3-gatsu or Little Witch Academia are finding random acceptance or like within the community.
3-gatsu is truly getting robbed this season if it has to be compared to the likes of Demi chan and LWA.

3-gatsu is truly getting robbed this season if it has to be compared to the likes of Demi chan and LWA.

I just meant in that it's not getting talked about as much as some other shows, even if that talk is positive. Let's not pretend that the first cour didn't turn a lot of people off to it.

Also people are crazy if this season has disappointed them.

I think in some ways this season has been disappointing. Outside of sequels many of the new shows are just there and stuff to watch if youre bored, but apart from award winning new entries like Hand Shakers and Chain Chronicles, theres really nothing nothing Id go out my way to recommend or probably even remember at the end of the season (sorry Acca 13 and Akiba's Strip and Chaos Child).

Sequels have been decent at best but in some ways just not as good as their previous seasons (Rakugo (lost the charm of first half), Zestiria (has been a real snorefest at times, many moments I wanted are not adapted, song choice has been questionable), BLue Exorcist (manga at times was more exciting that what they are doing, slow to start, not a fan of this arc, Sawano has at least gave it great music, TBH)). Super Lovers 2 is only sequel that has been better than s1.

And some other shows have just been plain dull after decent episode 1s (Masamune) or just not as good as other entries in the genre (would be hard to recommend Marginal#4 over say UtaPri or Bpro), Piacevole would be hard to recommend over many other shorts like Cheating Craft, Super Seishun Brothers, Senyuu, Tantei Team KZ: Jiken Note, or Strange+).

I can clearly see why people would take more interest in watching shows of past seasons over watching many shows this season.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
...the fuck? Who the fuck are those three people on the left? Why does the synthetic life look so generic instead of based as fuck? Why must everything I love be ruined in adaptations?

Those are the safeguards. That's how they look in the manga.

My bad cgi tolerance(thanks 90s video games and tv) is so high I'm borderline blind to bad cgi sometimes.

I mean I looked at Kemono Friends and Sidonia and thought 'This is fine'. Both good shows btw.

Thud

Aim for the Ace (Live-action series)

There's just something about bringing shoujo series to live action that soothes the mind.

Cheap ass soundeffects and CGI are just part of it.

lmao that is literally how the safeguards look in the manga.

YOU'RE literally how the safeguards look in the manga!

It's been a while since I read the manga.

You're going take your CG and like it young man

You can't make me, you're not my real dad!

Please, you can't reason with them. They have to pretend to hate CG for internet sakuga blogger street cred :(

Rolled my eyes so hard here I got pinned by Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Cornbread78

You guys clearly mean 2nd best girl...! Best girl only wins in koisuru metronome manga unfortunately :(

That aside childhood friends stay loooosing

I have no idea who wins since the second season hasn't aired yet, so NO MANGA SPOILERS ya bastaaarrdddsss, lol.

Heh... They've actually added an anime movie to Netflix here in Norway that's not one of those Netflix shows!

It's First Squad and I've already seen that though :p

Best girl wins

Truthfact.

KonoSuba 7

"So please stop saying it's impossible for someone who has social anxiety to make friends..." -Yunyun

Too real.

The letters just get more and more depressing with each passing episode. I don't know why I laugh at this running, sad gag about her not having friends but I do. I always feel bad when I laugh because it's actually quite sad and I feel bad for her.

but, but, but, nobody has "won" yet?!?

Come on, Corn. She won before the other girls were even able to introduce themselves.

Hell he's pretty much
making a game about her.

I still don't know how to feel about Scum's Wish lol

I know how I feel about it. I just can't stop watching and need to see how all these scumbags get their due.

Just know that everybody is a scumbag of the highest order. Only difference is who will go farther than anyone else.

Kazutrash.

You're making it tempting.

3-gatsu has been amazing all season. It's too bad no one talks about it.

Cornbread78

Come on, Corn. She won before the other girls were even able to introduce themselves.
Hell he's pretty much
making a game about her.

E86DCqI.gif

I know, but she hasn't been in the lotus blossom position with the MC, or any position with the MC for that matter.

They have to allow season 2 to play off of the fun.

Besides, didn't episode 0 (from the future) kind of lead to the fact that this gets an open ending....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom