• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

C5WgWlVUYAEcOfQ.jpg

https://t.co/8saM3ldTeM

The composition of this poster is atrociously bad. It is actually shocking. Whether or not you care about the never-ending CG vs 2D debate, I feel that you have to agree with me on this!

So what are you guys favorite harem animes?

I need something stupid and fun to watch. Please nothing like Shuffle! where everyone was fu(king miserable the entire show.

Clannad. :p

On a serious note if you want something "stupid" and "fun" than I got a good laugh out of B Gata H Kei and Baka and Test.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei S1 ( + assortment of various laters eps and specials.)

Don't go into it expecting romance though.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

That and School Rumble, which is fairly haremetic, too. Heavier on the comedy side, too, though and lul at the conclusion.

---

Don't think an overall good harem with focus on romance exists.

Jex

I just watched the PV too, it looks incredible! The fact that we're getting two Yuasa movies in a year still amazes me, but this one looks especially great! The Tatami Galaxy is one of my favorite anime ever, so I'm pretty hyped about it.

Yuasa seems to be a pretty hard working fella' in general and this year is certainly shaping up to be a treat for fans of his work. I can only hope some if it will make it to film festivals that I can get to.

The composition of this poster is atrociously bad. It is actually shocking. Whether or not you care about the never-ending CG vs 2D debate, I feel that you have to agree with me on this!

Well I like it, it's cool.

------------------------------------
Discotek Licenses Fighting Foodons, Ultra Maniac, Freedom Anime

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ng-foodons-ultra-maniac-freedom-anime/.112621
fighting-foodons.jpg
ultra.jpg
freedom.jpg

Fighting foodons....holy snap! This bring back so many memories! I loved this as a kid!

zulux21

I need something stupid and fun to watch. Please nothing like Shuffle! where everyone was fu(king miserable the entire show.

ouran high school host club is up there likely in the top spot.
for a more traditional Harem, the world god only knows.
if you could no game no life that I guess. same with Haruhi suzumiya if you want to count that one.
Hayate no Gotoku!! is decent

also... playing around on the new funimation site I noticed two things of interest.

the basic premium account is allowed to stream on 2 devices at the same time, but the bigger thing is they off add ons

apperently they are promoting sharing your account with up to 4 other people aka a lot like netflix.

it's a shame that unlike netflix it doesn't seem like each person can have their own profile.... but still might be a good way for some people in here to save money by sharing.

Dali

You tried from this season?

Blue Exorcist
Twin star exorcist
Gundam Iron blooded orphans
élDLIVE

other then those

Good stuff from past seasons on CR

Occultic;Nine
Poco's Udon world
Haikyu
World Trigger
Barakamon
Noragami
CardCaptor Sakura

Highschool DxD

World trigger is just fucking frustrating as he'll to watch. I may have to check out occult nine though I heard mixed things about it.

Blue exorcism isn5 really my cup of tea. Twin star exorcists is kinda close to trash like world trigger to me. I watched it to a point but it's just not good and I finally realized that. The gundam series is like konosuba. Not bad but don't care if I see the next episode or not.

I think 3-gatsu and Saga of Tanya the Evil are pretty good picks. 3-gatsu takes a few episodes and Tanya you just need to get to episode 2. Tanya preferably in Japanese. Watched some of the English last night at my roommates request. He was liking it a lot more than I was. Then we watched the end of episode 5 and they totally botched the ending scene. So yeah...better in Japanese.

At your recommendation I started Tanya. The character designs and animation are so far so good. Witch Nazis must be the new trend in anime after mmorpg harems. Couldn't find 3 gatsu on cr when I did a search.

Crunchyroll
Hand Shakers

Hulu
Accel World
Divine Gate
Grimgar
God Eater
Guilty Crown
Seraph of the End
Buddy Complex
Kakekyo HItman Reborn
I feel like hand shakers is on some koi kaze level of sarcastic recommendation. I just can't with the cover art cr has for this series.

Jex

I feel like hand shakers is on some koi kaze level of sarcastic recommendation. I just can't with the cover art cr has for this series.

Two points:

1) Its...DTL. What kind of advice are you expecting from DTL? (???)

2) Don't be ragging on Koi Kaze, that's a great series and I will fight you over this!

At your recommendation I started Tanya. The character designs and animation are so far so good. Witch Nazis must be the new trend in anime after mmorpg harems. Couldn't find 3 gatsu on cr when I did a search.

Oh sorry! In English it's called March Comes in like a Lion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sure the title has always been intended to be the English phrase "March Comes in Like a Lion" so I have no idea why people are so committed to calling it "3 Gatsu No Lion" given that the only reason the title makes any sense at all is because its a reference to a a seventeenth century English farming idiom - "March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb."

It's kind of like people who insist on calling the Naruto character "Pein" despite the fact its clearly intended to be a direct use of an English word and not the Japanese transliteration of the English word. It's not even an annoying transliteration like "Attack on Titan" which makes no sense with or without context.

I'm sure the title has always been intended to be the English phrase "March Comes in Like a Lion" so I have no idea why people are so committed to calling it "3 Gatsu No Lion" given that the only reason the title makes any sense at all is because its reference to a a seventeenth century English farming idiom - "March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb."

I don't usually use the Japanese title but we had just got done talking about it and were using that title. I was using it to save myself time of typing out March Comes in like a Lion. Obviously, now, it's cost me more time explaining. Hahaha.

But Hand Shakers is my AOTS. The plot and action is on a level that no other anime has managed to reach, and the world of babel is so intriguing with the nimrods. Please give it a chance. Just two episodes and you'll be hooked, I guarantee it.

Clov

Yuasa seems to be a pretty hard working fella' in general and this year is certainly shaping up to be a treat for fans of his work. I can only hope some if it will make it to film festivals that I can get to.

I'm hoping so as well. When I move back to my home city in a few months, I'll be much closer to Toronto, so I'm hoping there will be some screenings of things there I can catch.

Dali

Two points:

1) Its...DTL. What kind of advice are you expecting from DTL? (???)

2) Don't be ragging on Koi Kaze, that's a great series and I will fight you over this!

I've not been a part of anime gaf for a while. I still watch anime, but I don't really participate much and don't bother with the anime voting anymore. I have no idea what dtl's predilections are.

Oh sorry! In English it's called March Comes in like a Lion.
Thanks. Heard of it and iirc read the cr summary when perusing but wasn't pushed to actually watch. Maybe I'll give it a try.

from anyone else it likely would be. From DTL I think it is a legit recommendation.

So this guy is the off topic ice cream then? Sorry dtl. Your hulu suggestions were ok I think. Godeater is cg garbage though right? I haven't watched. The stills just looked cg.

Dali

But Hand Shakers is my AOTS. The plot and action is on a level that no other anime has managed to reach, and the world of babel is so intriguing with the nimrods. Please give it a chance. Just two episodes and you'll be hooked, I guarantee it.
Umm... ok. If you're that adamant I'll give it a try.

Edit: and what I said about the "tanya" series character designs, I take back. I had only watched a few seconds before saying what I said. The men look like actual people but so far the girls are aliens. It's a mixed bag.

So this guy is the off topic ice cream then? Sorry stl. Your hulu suggestions were ok I think. Godeater is cg garbage though right? I haven't watched. The stills just looked cg.

DTL has very idiosyncratic tastes that are often sharply at odds with everyone else. I would suggest using extreme caution when taking his recommendations.

God Eater is primarily 2D, not CG, by the way, though it does use CG for giant monsters. Hirao and Ufotable used heavy post-processing on the 2D animation to get its unique style, in an attempt to mirror the visual style of the game.

Not sure what's worse, taking DTL's suggestions seriously even after being informed about those or considering Koi Kaze recommendations as sarcastic.

Gundam Build Fighters. That's a harem anime all right. Sei gets a harem of fellow Gunpla Builders by the end of the show.

Majin Bone's definitely a harem anime as well. How else can I explain all the characters intruding in on his house in the show?

Cornbread78

You tried from this season?
Highschool DxD

On a scale of thigh stocking tostring thongs, how dirty is DxD?

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei S1 ( + assortment of various laters eps and specials.)
Don't go into it expecting romance though.
Is this a harem though? It’s not tageed as such…

Stupid and fun? You should watch Ben-To.

Synopsis:
April 6th, 2011—that was the day that 15-year-old You Satou was knocked unconscious while reaching for a half-priced bento, a prepackaged meal sold at the supermarket. By the time he woke up on the ground, all the bento boxes were gone. He left the supermarket hungry and in pain, only for the same thing to happen the next day.

You soon learn that, in the world of Ben-To, discounted bentos are sacred and highly-sought after, and in order to get one, you needed to fight your way to the top. These bento brawls are fought by experienced fighters known as “Wolves”, who leave the inexperienced and weak “Dogs” like him lying on the ground in defeat. In a world where the weak are left hungry and only the strong can dine, You must train under the guidance of the silver-haired “Ice Queen”, Sen Yarizui, to become a bento-eating wolf himself.

Dafuq? LOL.

Yeah, Ben-to is definitely stupid and fun.
Also, it's not a harem but also definitely stupid and fun is Binbougami ga (aka Good Luck Girl).
And not a harem either, but definitely fun (with some romance) is Mushibugyo.
Dammit, these are harem’s with twists and turns on who gets the trophy to jump on the MC’s D at the end. However, we all know that at the end of the day nothing happen, not even a direct confession.

Sora no Otoshimono if that counts.
This does count, but I already saw season 1.

Clannad. :p
On a serious note if you want something "stupid" and "fun" than I got a good laugh out of B Gata H Kei and Baka and Test.
Already watch B Gata (which was hilarious) and the first season of Baka, which was also funny, however, there was no “romance,” or even a real hint at it and no harem fun for the MC. I wanna watch bit(hes brawl for fun for the MC.

ouran high school host club is up there likely in the top spot.
for a more traditional Harem, the world god only knows.
if you could no game no life that I guess. same with Haruhi suzumiya if you want to count that one.
Hayate no Gotoku!! is decent

Hayate no Gotoku has been on my list forever, but it is 50 episodes and that slot is currently filled by Nana. I need something to off-set that drama, lol.

I’ve already watched the others (outside of Ouran, but that has been on the back-burner for a long time, but the reverse harem thing just isn’t as fun for me)

Date A Live
Arcana Famiglia
DiaLover
Yamada and the Seven Witches

Seen Date-a-live S1,
No on the reverse harem of Arcana, hell now on the family harem rapey crap in Diabolical Lover
Yamada was excellent.

Ouran Host Club
Kiss X Sis
OK, I watched the first coupe episodes and Kiss x and almost burned my phone…. I can’t…

Cornbread78

Anyone have any recommendations for things to watch on crunchyroll? Feel like either they didn't get much of new winter series worth watching or I'm missing something. As far as I know there's not a series up on cr right now that I look forward to the new episode like I have in years past. Konosuba is ok but I don't find myself really caring too much about catching the next episode. Same with dragonball. Is there something good on hulu?

What kind of shows do you like brotha?

Older stuff:

Drama:
Anohana (will make you cry)
March Comes like a Lion
Your Lie in April (now airing)

Just good:
Yona of the Dawn
Blast of Tempest
Strike the Blood
Fruit of Grisaia

Action/Shounen:
Blue Exorcist
Full Metal Alchemist
Fate/Zero

Rom Com:
Ano Natsu
Toradora
Golden Time
My Love Story
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

Slice of Life:
Barakamon
Eccentric Family
Working
Humanity has Declined

All-Stars:
Barakamon
Toradora
Your Lie in April
Anohana
Yona of the Dawn
Blast of Tempest
My Love Story
Working

sonicmj1

Anyone have any recommendations for things to watch on crunchyroll? Feel like either they didn't get much of new winter series worth watching or I'm missing something. As far as I know there's not a series up on cr right now that I look forward to the new episode like I have in years past. Konosuba is ok but I don't find myself really caring too much about catching the next episode. Same with dragonball. Is there something good on hulu?

The main shows I've been watching this season (on Crunchyroll) are Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (slice of life comedy) and the second season of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (drama). I have no idea if either of those are up your alley.

Also for Cornbread, Ben-to is great dumb fun.

Well I like it, it's cool.

Yeah I'm not seeing what's so atrocious about it.

Aaannnyway

Just watched the first episode of this, this morning. I got it as part of a double pack with Mazinkaiser. I figured I'd save best for last... I'm kinda wishing I'd gone with best first.

The dub is comically bad. Example: when the main heroine
Or Villain looking like her
shows up naked, the teacher doesn't bother to mention that, despite, you know, it kind of being the first thing anyone would notice.

It doesn't help that the whole thing isn't terribly well written in the first place. Stilted, hammy dialogue, under reactions to whatever crazy stuff is going on, vaguely sexist
Though I kinda understand that component seeing as it is really old

I'm a big fan of Go Nagai's robot stuff, Getter Robo especially, but I think Shutendoji might be my limit.

Line_HTX

I think DxD is the limit Kiritobread can go since he can't do Qwaser, lol

It at least has more seasons and does more with stuff where Qwaser failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom