• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

yLG90iF.png

Turns out if you really really really love a property you get more good anime out of it.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...igner-project-to-continue-after-anime/.112632

Guess Berserk fans just didn't wish hard enough.

zulux21

Sword Art Online 13 & 14

I'm assuming this is the end of the first major arc so I thought I'd post my thoughts about it.

I really do love the relationship between Kirito and Asuna. Asuna's such a great complimentary character to Kirito and their relationship feels natural. They're the best part of this series for me.

That said, I saw the twist a mile away and the first arc was still really uneven. If I didn't love the relationship between the two MCs so much I probably would have given up on this.

Now given that
they're out of the game
I'm expecting everything I liked about the show to fall apart. I'll press on, but now I understand why SAO is so popular. Kirito and Asuna are arguably the greatest relationship in anime.
I've got good news if you enjoyed what you just saw.
the original creator also has a series called sword art online progressive. where the pace is really slowed down on each floor and we delve far deeper into the world and kirito and asuna just stay together.
sadly there are only 4 books right now but I think he plans on writing more of them later.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Scum's Wish Episode 7:

Well then, we are reaching for new levels of uncomfortable with this episode, that being said it really does seem that Mugi and Hanabi are made to be miserable together.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sword Art Online 13 & 14

I'm assuming this is the end of the first major arc so I thought I'd post my thoughts about it.

I really do love the relationship between Kirito and Asuna. Asuna's such a great complimentary character to Kirito and their relationship feels natural. They're the best part of this series for me.

That said, I saw the twist a mile away and the first arc was still really uneven. If I didn't love the relationship between the two MCs so much I probably would have given up on this.

Now given that
they're out of the game
I'm expecting everything I liked about the show to fall apart. I'll press on, but now I understand why SAO is so popular. Kirito and Asuna are arguably the greatest relationship in anime.

You can back out now before it is too late.

LotusHD

Banned
Sword Art Online 13 & 14

Now given that
they're out of the game
I'm expecting everything I liked about the show to fall apart. I'll press on, but now I understand why SAO is so popular.

You can back out now before it is too late.

Kirito and Asuna are arguably the greatest relationship in anime.

Lmao no

Crocodile

Sword Art Online 13 & 14

Now given that
they're out of the game

Jesus man is the only sort of anime you watch harem shit (and not even the higher quality stuff but just the real dregs)? Are your standards for anime that low?

Also no mention of how bullshit the end of that arc was or how the main villian "forgot" why they did anything they did?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Two years worth of tumblr gifs made a glopping sound as they were posted endlessly into this thread.

Sword Art Online 13 & 14

Now given that
they're out of the game

Skip to episode 25 if you really want to keep loving this show and you enjoyed Kirito and Asuna that much.

I'm serious.

Also, I'm sorry, but the bolded is just blatantly wrong. I could list ten better anime couples with a more realistic and natural development than SAO's.

There's an episode of Smile Precure, a magical girl show for little girls, that has a more realistic romance than SAO.

Chindogg

Sword Art Online 15

I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS

Skip to episode 25 if you really want to keep loving this show and you enjoyed Kirito and Asuna that much.

I'm serious.

Also, I'm sorry, but the bolded is just blatantly wrong. I could list ten better anime couples with a more realistic and natural development than SAO's.

There's an episode of Smile Precure, a magical girl show for little girls, that has a more realistic romance than SAO.

I was exaggerating, but I really liked the relationship. Perhaps because the show was just meh that the one thing they did right really made me enjoy it more.

Honestly my favorite relationship is this

latest

Chindogg

And generic douche glasses guy who's probably a rapist by the end of the arc.

I don't hate Sugu yet, but really that twist is just so thrown out there it makes zero fucking sense. If they did an episode or two of her in the first arc as her watching over him or something I'd be ok with it, but honestly it's just tossed out there like "here's a new chick to keep the plot going." It's the same problem as Fuuka. She just derails the actual story of Kirito and Asuna.

Aside from Agil and Klein, other males in SAO who aren't Kirito have a large tendency to be rapists so Kirito can save more women

I actually liked Agil and Klein from how limited they were in the series. They rounded out the cast that otherwise were just random women and people who died.

LotusHD

Banned
Right now SAO is just very mediocre to me. I almost don't want to continue because the second game arc already makes me feel like I'm going to hate it deeply and make me regret all the time I spent pushing through it.

Seriously, I'd just drop it lol

SAO is always gonna be that show that massively squandered its potential past the first half. Had they just stayed and expanded on the world and characters, and stayed away from harems, it probably wouldn't be so reviled.

Chindogg

Seriously, I'd just drop it lol

SAO is always gonna be that show that massively squandered its potential past the first half. Had they just stayed and expanded on the world and characters, and stayed away from harems, it probably wouldn't be so reviled.

I like harem series in general, but when there's an established relationship hammered in stone don't try to fuck it up by adding a whole new genre just for the sake of doing something different.

Sorry Cornbread I think I'm done. I'd rather watch Hundred 30 times over and laugh my ass off than endure this unnecessary melodrama and plot twists for the sake of plot twists.

LotusHD

Banned
I like harem series in general, but when there's an established relationship hammered in stone don't try to fuck it up by adding a whole new genre just for the sake of doing something different.

Sorry Cornbread I think I'm done. I'd rather watch Hundred 30 times over and laugh my ass off than endure this unnecessary melodrama and plot twists for the sake of plot twists.

Yea I agree. Harem shows aren't inherently bad, but when you start off with such a truly decent relationship going, and then proceed to basically just spit on its face repeatedly, it's one of the many, many things that just makes you realize how bad this series is.

Chindogg

Rage is actually welling inside me the more I think about the last two episodes.

I'm glad I'm quitting this goddamn series. JFC why ruin a goddamn relationship like that in the first fucking episode.

Welp Twitter tells me Asuna
gets raped.
Yeah fuck that series.

KraytarJ

Rage is actually welling inside me the more I think about the last two episodes.

I'm glad I'm quitting this goddamn series. JFC why ruin a goddamn relationship like that in the first fucking episode.

Welp Twitter tells me Asuna
gets raped.
Yeah fuck that series.
I'm surprised you made it that far. I could only get to 7 before rage quitting. That same rage led me to Log Horizon and Kill La Kill, so in this weird way even though it's trash SAO is still one of the most impactful anime I've ever watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom