• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puzzle and Dragon X 17 eng dub

This was a nice episode that made for some fun dynamic between Lance and Ace. Loved the exchange they have all the time. It's some good spirit rivalry.

BUT that next episode tho...I wasn't ready

Puzzle and Dragon x 18 eng dub

I mean wow...what an episode. Poor Lance has such a sad childhood! Living homeless :(

But then Devi's arrival...WOW. The guy was never worth much so far in my eyes, but the way he and Lance met up and became friends is so god damn sweet. Kid Lance smiling for finally finding a friend made my heart blow. At the same time the comedic moment between the 2 were great. I laughed so much at Devi saying if he could eat this *hears meow* and kid Lance innocent voice saying *I definitely wouldn't eat a cat*. The timing was perfect. Devi is really amazing Devi.

Then the big lead up to their forced separation and Devi saying all that Lance would miss and how he doesn't want to lose his friend...I cried so much. Kid Lance's smile must be protected. It was a side of him I never expected and seeing Older Lance's kindness at the end...

Also the quality of the animation was top notch, best episode yet.

The sad fate of being a dragonoid

Tiger Mask W 11

This episode felt like fanservice for NJPW fans, even more than usual, with all the gym training scenes with the NJPW wrestlers showing off their signature moves. It was still entertaining for a wrestling novice such as myself though, primarily due to the good animation.

blurr

March Comes in like a Lion 13

C5cilm8WYAEd77L.jpg

Just noticed the OP, Nikaidou's pose is spot on.

Digimon Adventure tri Episode 15 – Loss Part 2
C5cozCeWcAACYwz.jpg:small
C5cpTTYWcAA9wje.jpg:small

Best bros moment, blushing onii-chan was hilarious.

Glad the writers knew exactly what I wanted.
they evolved, but sad when they held the digivices out and nothing happened

Fuuka 9
Well this is different from the source material. It would be pretty amusing if after all that teasing about manga spoilers people will never get to see the reaction to it because they go with an anime original ending.

Fate/Zero 03

This not-Wind Waker Ganondorf dude seems alright. I like how the immediate next scene is just establishing how Saber is boring and hates fun and excitement.

Rider: Haha yes, planes are good
Saber: Beep boop planes are boring. I am a robot who cannot have fun

Digimon Tri Loss Episode 16 & 17

Probably the weakest entry so far, I dont think I like Meiko and Meicoomon that much but the regular cast saves it.
I wish Ken had actually been Ken and not just the other guy. Himekawa part of the plot seems most intriguing, the last time with her and that crazy expression, wow

Ok, I think I'm starting to realize why I'm not vibing Haikyuu like so many other people do; I don't really care for Hinata. The whole overly-excitable, hotblooded shtick is not doing it for me. And neither does his dynamic him Kageyama.

I'm going to finish the first season, but I don't think I'll continue pass that.

Sterok

Youjo Senki 7

Hooray, a named enemy for Tanya. Not that he puts up much of a fight, but at least he managed to be a pest. Sucks for that guy's family, but it's war. Someone's family isn't going to be happy at the result. That sure is a nice Christmas present.

phaze

Saber is the
Aqua
of F/Z so even if you dislike her you should still get a kick from some events.

So if I were to start watching Fate, what's the order of the series?

Fate/Zero

and after that, should you heavily desire some great action and gave up on the story aspect, FSN: UBW the tv series.

I thought that was just in the games?

They're making an anime too.

She appears in an episode of Carnival Phantasm.
Watching Carnival Phantasm on its own would be pointless. Hell, even watching everything animated isn't enough.

Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night (2014)
Carnival Phantasm
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Fate/Grand Order

Watch them in this order.
None of these are connected beyond the first two.

phaze

Patlabor the Movie

It was alright I guess ? The intrigue and successive unraveling of it was pretty fun. As was Gotou being a lazy but crafty operator and boss. It felt a bit "cold" in that despite having a likable cast, there is little in terms of personal stakes or character arcs and the main antagonist
is basically dead before the story begins, you never learn what made him tick and all that is left is chasing his shadow/legacy.

Patlabor the Movie

It was alright I guess ? The intrigue and successive unraveling of it was pretty fun. As was Gotou being a lazy but crafty operator and boss. It felt a bit "cold" in that despite having a likable cast, there is little in terms of personal stakes or character arcs and the main antagonist
is basically dead before the story begins, you never learn what made him tick and all that is left is chasing his shadow/legacy.

Mamoru Oshii can be fairly described as a cold director overall. He isn't so much interested in characters or human warmth as he is in philosophical themes and brooding atmosphere. That's apparent even in his earlier works such as Twilight Q, but becomes ever more apparent the further in his career you get, especially after he abandons Kazunori Ito (or Ito abandoned him for .hack?) to write his own screenplays for films such as Innocence.

Narag

Mamoru Oshii can be fairly described as a cold director overall. He isn't so much interested in characters or human warmth as he is in philosophical themes and brooding atmosphere. That's apparent even in his earlier works such as Twilight Q, but becomes ever more apparent the further in his career you get, especially after he abandons Kazunori Ito (or Ito abandoned him for .hack?) to write his own screenplays for films such as Innocence.

lol is Innocence just pure unfiltered Oshii then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom