• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a scene in sao where the villain has asuna chained up and she is crying and he licks her tears, looks at the camera and licks his lips and it is supposed to be 100% serious

MSMrRound

Welp Twitter tells me Asuna
gets raped.
Yeah fuck that series.

??? Did that happen? Don't really kind of remember it..
maybe a couple of almost-scenes, but that's it..I think?

I liked the GGO (Gun Gale Online) arc because of the introduction of Sinon, while the Mother Rosario arc sometime after that was pretty solid as a whole with a nice payoff.

Might catch the Ordinal Scale movie sometime next week..not too sure if the game retail shop PlayE at Singapore's City Square Mall might still have the bonus code for Asuna's Asia outfit for SAO: Hollow Realization..think it's only a special offer for this week if you are watching it at that mall..rip..can't go cuz my off for this week are all used up

Gintama (2006): I just completed my watch through of the first Gintama Series. I have to say, this was definitely worth the time investment. I binged the first 201 episodes over the course of the past few weeks and I ended up thoroughly enjoying this series. I can say, with no exaggeration, Gintama has probably one of my favorite Ensemble of characters in anime. For a show with such a massive cast of characters, it does a phenomenal job of balancing out the screen time between them and fleshing out the characters to the point where they never feel one-note. Madao was a character I frequently pointed out throughout my posting as being a favorite because I loved watching his shortcomings being the butt of the joke, but the show never forgot to make him endearing and actually having a legitimate backstory.

To say nothing less of the lead Gintoki. Dude is the heart and soul of the series, and special props to his VA, Sugita Tomokazu, who does a phenomenal job flipping between the funny and serious scenes. This is a series that I quickly fell in love with and i can't wait to start up the next batch of episodes, Gintama'.

latest

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama (2006): I just completed my watch through of the first Gintama Series. I have to say, this was definitely worth the time investment. I binged the first 201 episodes over the course of the past few weeks and I ended up thoroughly enjoying this series. I can say, with no exaggeration, Gintama has probably one of my favorite Ensemble of characters in anime. For a show with such a massive cast of characters, it does a phenomenal job of balancing out the screen time between them and fleshing out the characters to the point where they never feel one-note. Madao was a character I frequently pointed out throughout my posting as being a favorite because I loved watching his shortcomings being the butt of the joke, but the show never forgot to make him endearing and actually having a legitimate backstory.

To say nothing less of the lead Gintoki. Dude is the heart and soul of the series, and special props to his VA, Sugita Tomokazu, who does a phenomenal job flipping between the funny and serious scenes. This is a series that I quickly fell in love with and i can't wait to start up the next batch of episodes, Gintama'.
I think the second batch is episodes 50+? Just remember that the first movie is a retelling of the Benizakura arc, so it's worth watching that in lieu of the TV episodes if you can.

Line_HTX

Retribution for that Fuuka spoiler late last night.

ALO is universally horrendous though, so everyone agrees that's the worst of the worst.

KraytarJ

I've tried multiple times to get into Fate and it never goes well. The first time was with UBW and it was so dull and uninteresting. Lately I've tried getting into Zero and even with multiple attempts I haven't been able to get through episode 1, it's just such a boring exposition dump.

DiGiKerot

Because she makes the best moe or he because he is moe?

Well, both, but if you see her talk in person, then you can probably understand how those works come out of that person in a way that you sometimes don't get with other directors.

-edit- on a related note, saw A Silent Voice for the second time last night. People are going to have a lot of fun looking at what has been done with that movie - Yamada has directed the heck out of that thing in a way I didn't quite appreciate the first time I saw it. Lots of repeated visual motifs and themes that didn't strike me as overbearing enough to stick out like a sore thumb, but are real smart, and theres a lot of clever use of Yamadas trademark Leg Acting. Man, I love that movie.

Line_HTX

It was tagged dammit! If you clicked on it that's your fault!

Still doesn't make TUSR's point any less valid. This is a different medium and there are people who have never read it before and would rather watch it unfold.

You're lucky I missed out on that because I went to sleep immediately so I was cautioned not to click.

Chindogg

Still doesn't make TUSR's point any less valid. This is a different medium and there are people who have never read it before and would rather watch it unfold.

You're lucky I missed out on that because I went to sleep immediately so I was cautioned not to click.

Respectfully, that's what a spoiler tag is for. You don't want to be spoiled, don't click it.

Also I don't appreciate the threat. You potentially clicking a box is completely up to you. Have some responsibility for your own actions.

I think the optimal way to watch The Wind Rises is to follow it up with The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness, and cap it off with Miyazaki's Retirement Conference. The lattermost is great with the questions that Miyazaki answers with "If you watch my films you'll understand," or with a blunt "No" followed by a massive grin at Suzuki.

I'm glad he's back.

ibyea

Banned
Rakugo S2: 3-7
This is like all the happiness and sadness and the terrible decisions being rolled up, watching this show makes my heart want to burst. Also, Konatsu and Yotaru makes such a great couple.

ACCA: 1
Not exactly the most riveting show. I can't quiet put my fingers on this show yet except that it is about government bureaucracy. I don't know if it is the pacing or the protagonist or the subject matter, but I didn't come away from this with much of anything.

Youjo Senki: 5-6
I don't know if the anime staff are not taking it seriously at all or it's all unintentional, but it is great for entertainment and laughs. The end of episode 5 especially takes the cake.

ibyea

Banned
Isn't there like a Japanese word for sabbatical that Miyazaki can use? I am pretty sure that didn't count as a retirement.

Szadek

Little Witch Academia - Ep. 7
It took the show a while, but it looks like Akko's develpoment has really started.
Ursula was great this episode as well.
The scene with the fish was also very funny.

Cornbread78

I've tried multiple times to get into Fate and it never goes well. The first time was with UBW and it was so dull and uninteresting. Lately I've tried getting into Zero and even with multiple attempts I haven't been able to get through episode 1, it's just such a boring exposition dump.

Fate/Zero was pretty good and I'm slowly (very slowly) working my way through Stay Night now.

[Excited.[/URL]

#notmyFate

Part of me is curious but the last time I was curious I ended up going through SAO.

You didn't even wait for 2nd best girl, Sinon, to get a complete arc with Kirito (with little to no Asuna involved.)

JulianImp

theres a scene in sao where the villain has asuna chained up and she is crying and he licks her tears, looks at the camera and licks his lips and it is supposed to be 100% serious

Yeah, if he liked Kazuto x Asuna then he'd better call it quits while he's ahead. If he liked the first arc, then maaaaybe he could skip everything in between (Alfheim, GGO, and Excalibur arcs) and go straight to Mother's Rosario, which is the one other arc in the series that's actually somewhat decent.

Also, the first arc had me wondering what the heck happened to that revival item Kirito ended up giving to Klein. Was it ever used in the novels, or was it a just a chekov's gun that went conspicuously unused by the end of the arc in there as well?

Cornbread78

Scum's Wish ep.7
Mugi, Nova and Hababi all gor a little character redemption this week by not making the worst decisions rhetoric possibly could have to hurt themselves or others. I mean, Mugi still comes off as a complete asshole, but at least he
didn't take advantage of Nova when he had an opportunity to
kinda redeeming, but
Nova should have really tore into him more

Szadek

Twin Star Exorcists - Ep. 45
*sigh*
I guess I got to wake another epsiode to see an actual fight scene.
At least we now know how high stakes are for Rokuro.

Puzzle and Dragon X 17 eng dub

This was a nice episode that made for some fun dynamic between Lance and Ace. Loved the exchange they have all the time. It's some good spirit rivalry.

BUT that next episode tho...I wasn't ready

Puzzle and Dragon x 18 eng dub

I mean wow...what an episode. Poor Lance has such a sad childhood! Living homeless :(
But then Devi's arrival...WOW. The guy was never worth much so far in my eyes, but the way he and Lance met up and became friends is so god damn sweet. Kid Lance smiling for finally finding a friend made my heart blow. At the same time the comedic moment between the 2 were great. I laughed so much at Devi saying if he could eat this *hears meow* and kid Lance innocent voice saying *I definitely wouldn't eat a cat*. The timing was perfect. Devi is really amazing Devi.
Then the big lead up to their forced separation and Devi saying all that Lance would miss and how he doesn't want to lose his friend...I cried so much. Kid Lance's smile must be protected. It was a side of him I never expected and seeing Older Lance's kindness at the end...

Also the quality of the animation was top notch, best episode yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom