• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the worst thing to ever happen to Digimon (in Japan obviously, the dub is worse).

I'm going to hate everything when watching Movie 4 from the sounds of things. I found the first two movies to be shit (not quite Frontier bad but close, and I can't compare to Season 2 since my hatred for Davis and crew makes any comparison unfair), and the third movie is bad but had something okay inside of it. Maybe I should just finish Xros (stopped 2/3rds through S1) and forget about Tri...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, it isn't, but I knew someone would claim it was.This entire conversation has happened a number of times, including the "it's just a joke!" part, in not only this thread but every other hyper insular community thread. Mr. Burns can't see you winking over the phone anyways, so whether its supposedly a big joke or not that this thread devolves into dumping on various hated series is actually immaterial.

Ascheroth

I'm going to hate everything when watching Movie 4 from the sounds of things. I found the first two movies to be shit (not quite Frontier bad but close, and I can't compare to Season 2 since my hatred for Davis and crew makes any comparison unfair), and the third movie is bad but had something okay inside of it. Maybe I should just finish Xros (stopped 2/3rds through S1) and forget about Tri...
I haven't watched the 3rd arc, but the Death General arc is awesome.

Narag

I mean, it isn't, but I knew someone would claim it was. This entire conversation has happened a number of times, including the "it's just a joke!" part, in not only this thread but every other hyper insular community thread. Mr. Burns can't see you winking over the phone anyways, so whether its supposedly a big joke or not that this thread devolves into dumping on various hated series is actually immaterial.

Yeah, I've never joked about it. It's too serious of a matter to make light of.

Puruzi

Banned
I mean, it isn't, but I knew someone would claim it was (which is why the original post had the objection to the "it's just a joke" post in it). This entire conversation has happened a number of times, including the "it's just a joke!" part, in not only this thread but every other hyper insular community thread. Mr. Burns can't see you winking over the phone anyways, so whether its supposedly a big joke or not that this thread devolves into dumping on various hated series is actually immaterial.
I don't think anyone genuinely cares enough to actually want SAO and fate talk banned even if they both suck :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think anyone genuinely cares enough to actually want SAO and fate talk banned even if they both suck :p

Are you new here? Because this thread very much cares about Fate and SAO in some manner or another.

Narag

Kirakira☆Precure A La Mode 1
2midenUl.png
I've got a good feeling about this one. Two seasons from now every girl will have animal ears between this and Kemono Friends shifting design paradigms.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I care about SAO and Fate in the same way I care about the Trump administration.

JulianImp

I was never that much into Digimon, so Tri banking hard on nostalgia has been pretty meh for me so far. Guess I might as well watch the latest episodes now that it's out on CR for the heck of it.

Still, I really don't like it when a show heavily leans on showing the audience scenes that the characters are completely unaware of, like the pre-mortem flashbacks in Magical Girl Raising Project or the bad guys plotting behind the digidestined's backs in Tri. I get that some teases and foreshadowing can make things more interesting, but using it wrong leads to the kind of disconnect that feels pretty bad for me.

zulux21

ok actual somewhat serious post now.

apparently VRV has managed to figure out how to link it and crunchyroll.

so I think that means if you have a VRV account you have access to the crunchyroll apps with that account as well.

still isn't true for funimation, and they are still missing a number of funimation shows so isn't a great idea to get to replace funimation and crunchy subs if you like dubs, but at least it's a step towards the right path and maybe one day we will be able to just have VRV subs and just save money for those who have both funimation and crunchy subs.

To post positively; I watched the first Gintama movie last night after completed the first series. It was pretty good, even if it was an almost note for note replication of Benizakura arc from the anime. I did dig the ending of all the side characters breaking into Gintoki's house demanding the second movie to focus on the.

still isn't true for funimation, and they are still missing a number of funimation shows so isn't a great idea to get to replace funimation and crunchy subs if you like dubs, but at least it's a step towards the right path and maybe one day we will be able to just have VRV subs and just save money for those who have both funimation and crunchy subs.

I'm still waiting for Roku and Tablet support before I finally take the plunge. I'm definitely interested but I'm also waiting for those improvements on Funimation's side as well.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka

This entire subplot is bizarre, particularly because they've decided to focus so much more on the uncomfortable idol crap.

Kuzu no Honkai 07

It is depressing how the situation with Mugi and Moca's situation mirrors the same situation I had happen to be when I was younger. Lost that friend too.

phaze

Hunter X Hunter 131.

You're free to have your wrong opinion !

Ewwwwwwwwwwww. No. As someone who followed the manga, that episode sorely let me down with the exception of maybe two shots. The rest was just horrid.

No. Stop.

Because of the art ? I guess everyone has their own threshhold, I won't begrudge you for that (first three minutes are too rough for me as well) for that but given the copious amount of movement, the energy and intensity of the fight, the scale in the Jibaku Tensei and the emotional payload of that ending, the "horrid" just doesn't apply here.

zulux21

I'm still waiting for Roku and Tablet support before I finally take the plunge. I'm definitely interested but I'm also waiting for those improvements on Funimation's side as well.

I need PC and ps3 support before I even think about it.

my pc is already hooked up to my tv, thus i really don't want to have to turn on my ps4 to play a video.

as for ps3, in my bedroom at night i use my ps3 to stream videos, thus I would need it there.

though i did start a new little project with the funimation app.

I am going to go through starting with A and watch every dub I haven't seen (at least 3 episodes before I drop them)

first up is
And you thought there is never a girl online? 1-7

I had originally watched the first 2 episodes or so and forgot about this series thus I picked it up first from the As (that and I have seen most of the As already :p)

so far... it's decent background noise which since i want to use shows to go to sleep to this seems perfect lol.

Qurupeke

Scum's Wish 7
The scene with the insert song during Moca's thoughts was excellent. The episode was sure something though, for many reasons... I think it elevated Moca, she's clearly not that innocent. Anyway, it's been a while with no Akane, it's time for her return.

Ascheroth

Blue Exorcist Kyoto #8

Second half of this show has been great, this episode was no exception.
Had some really cool fire and summoning animation as well.
Really liking the Impure King design- and coceptualwise.

And Todo is great.
HS225MI.jpg

Don't you want to protect this smile?

Cornbread78

I already stated I was exaggerating, but I love that relationship too. Lots of great ones to pick.

Also I'll stick with the advice of just going Fate/Zero. I cannot trust anyone with Sabre in their name when it comes to this topic. I learned my lesson with Kiritobread.

'Scuse me?

How is you not liking it my fault? That's a you problem
lol

Jex

[Rakugo S2] - 8

Local senior citizen repeatedly interrupted by brash youths on his quest to die quietly.

Because of the art ? I guess everyone has their own threshhold, I won't begrudge you for that (first three minutes are too rough for me as well) for that but given the copious amount of movement, the energy and intensity of the fight, the scale in the Jibaku Tensei and the emotional payload of that ending, the "horrid" just doesn't apply here.

I was being a bit hyperbolic. The emotional payload has more to do with the writing than the art. The art itself deviates from the previous part of the fight and turns what was, I would argue, some of the best pages of art from Kishimoto from the manga. Seeing how the previous part of the fight went I was really looking forward to seeing the signature Naruto animation used in one of the best fight scenes in the manga. The way it played out just completely let me down. At that point, I was pivoting away from long Shonen shows and that episode...just let me down so much. It's hard to really describe how disappointed and angry I was at the time when that episode came out.

673.jpg

Cornbread78

so how you liking nana so far. I saw you were through episode 4.

and every time I see you post an episode I can't help but go listen to more music from nana :p

I have a long way to go, but I like it so far.

Fuuka ep.9
Whelp, love triangle is in full effect now, but I totally expect it to turn into a harem once the guitarist jumps into the sweepstakes. Maybe even the keyboardist wants a piece as well, lol.

Not a bad episode overall though.

Andrew J.

Fresh Precure 50 FIN

Really satisfying show in the end. It's super ugly at times yet still works. Likely due to the cast members that don't suffer from character assassination like Cure Berry did but she probably deserved it.

How dare you

mktn is knpk

Dali

Ok I'm really digging Tanya. Thanks for the recommendation. It sucks rooting for what is essentially a Nazi and watching a show essentially about being nonapologetic about ww2 but i love a good rise to power story.

Which makes me wonder how this is supposed to play out. Will this end up being some sort of japanese wet dream and the Nazis take over?

Ok I'm really digging Tanya. Thanks for the recommendation. It sucks rooting for what is essentially a Nazi and watching a show essentially about being nonapologetic about ww2 but i love a good rise to power story.

Which makes me wonder how this is supposed to play out. Will this end up being some sort of japanese wet dream and the Nazis take over?

No prob. Glad you're digging it.

As for your second part...not sure how to respond to that. Lol.

Dio

Banned

It's WW1, though...there's even trench warfare.

Geist-

It's the early 1920s, it's more like a WW1 that never ended. Germans in WW1 weren't any worse than anyone else.

Also, great episode. The action sequences are really, really well done, probably one of my favorite animes this year. Even though it took me a while to get past the initial premise.

Dali

It's WW1, though...there's even trench warfare.

It's the early 1920s, it's more like a WW1 that never ended. Germans in WW1 weren't any worse than anyone else.

I didn't notice any years but it makes sense seeing as how aerial warfare seems new or non-existent to some.

No prob. Glad you're digging it.

As for your second part...not sure how to respond to that. Lol.
Thanks

Dekutulla

True. I'm in too deep and sometimes forget that you have to be really into the Nasuverse to get Carnival Phantasm.

Its called indoctrination.

The Church of Nasu always needs new blood.
idk, I watched Carnival Phantasm with just vague background information I picked up from friends, and I got most of it fine. As long as you, like, know the basics it's a good comedy series. Hell, most of the jokes are pretty easy to understand whether you know the characters or not.

Honestly, my mistake was watching Carnival Phantasm before the other series not because I didn't get it, but because it was so much more enjoyable than any of the others :V

zulux21

I can tell you how it ends...

TBC go read the books.

like most anime adaptions :p
but since it is a light novel series the odds of it getting a second season is even lower :(

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist S2 ep.3
I'll take that. I guess they really are going to ride this arc and this battle through the entire season.

Either way, theven last few episodes have been much better as things start to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom