• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be honest, I'd probably watch that.

Fantasy world people interacting and being facisnated with real world technology is one of my favorite tropes.

TUSR

Banned
isnt that just re:zero

ADTFOEL.png

Ascheroth

Influx? There's not that many people watching Precure right now, lol.

Though if more come that'll be fun.

Don't worry, I'm on it.

Kirakira PreCure a la Mode #1-3

Characters are fun and it looks good, I'm especially liking the backgrounds.
Lion is best so far, punching and music is always a good combination.

...Symphogear S4 and 5 when?

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 493: Shikamaru’s Story, A Cloud Drifting in the Silent Dark, Part 5: Dawn
C5jJ1_NXMAAOzT-.jpg:small

I hope Yurito shows back up in the current timeline.

Good ending especially how Shikamaru's new crew teased him about the date with Temari.

KiraKira Precure A la mode 4

This just in, Lions like drilling. Gelato seems to be more physical compared to the other two, so that's pretty nice. A fucking Drill punch and a Creme Drill no less!

Actually, seeing this, and other episodes, what would be the point of having new stock footage for finishers?

More importantly though

C5jKOEdU4AAV4uI.jpg:large

NEXT WEEK MOTHERFUCKERS! AND SHE EVEN GRACED US AT THE END OF THE EPISODE! HOLLER!

Jarmel

Banned
MHA PV3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPneR3KFK8
Git Hype
wheres GoldCrusader!

I just wanted to say that this looks really good now. Yes the background art isn't where I would want it to be but the character animation seems to be gold. There's more shading in the drawings and the actual layouts are somewhat interesting. This seems to be a significant improvement over the first season.

Visually, this is what I wanted the first season to be like.

Narag

KiraKira Precure A la mode 4

This just in, Lions like drilling. Gelato seems to be more physical compared to the other two, so that's pretty nice. A fucking Drill punch and a Creme Drill no less!

First few weeks had people complaining about ranged attacks being dominant so hoping there's ultimately a complementary skiillset on display when all five are together.

Qurupeke

Full Metal Panic! [END]

Done with the filler, ready to move to the actual series now!

Joking aside, it was okay. I suppose. The lighthearted aspect of the show was mostly enjoyable, while the more serious stuff had its moments too. The show's strongest asset is probably its core characters though. Tessa, Sagara, Chidori, Kurz and Mao were certainly very likable. Hell, I even enjoyed Gauron as a villain. His obsession with Kashim, his attitude and his irredeemable nature were certainly something to look forward.

JulianImp

Man, Rakugo continues to be on point. It's so good things fly by, and episodes are over before I know it.

It's really nice that this season actually has three show's I'm really liking (Rakugo, Scum's Wish and Konosuba), and two decent shows in Tanya and Gundam IBO as well.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 494: Hidden Leaf Story, The Perfect Day for a Wedding, Part 1: Naruto's Wedding
C5jNgZRWAAAhLr_.jpg:small

Older Konohamaru is a good design. Some of the others characters just look like their old men, like Kiba and even Shino. Meanwhile Iruka sensei hasnt aged since flashbacks in Naruto pt 1, what.
C5jSPMoWAAA_SJ5.jpg:small

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 495: Hidden Leaf Story, The Perfect Day for a Wedding, Part 2: A Full-Powered Wedding Gift
C5jUDfyXMAADqz_.jpg:large

We need smiling Sai more often.

Silly episode though dull at times. Im glad they got Neji to come back for a bit. RIP.

Rainy

Banned
The Tales of Zestiria anime is pretty good right? I'm really enjoying Berseria and I think I might just watch the Zestiria anime after.

I wonder if they'll animate Berseria too somewhere down the line.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 496 – Hidden Leaf Story, The Perfect Day for a Wedding, Part 3: Steam and Food Pills
C5ja5EIXMAU4Tns.jpg:small

Kiba's design is just, wow. Im mixed between thinking its great but also thinking it could be improved. Nice.

Shikamaru and Temari are so awkward together. Surely someone can say their feelings at some point. Choji can help out more.

3Kaze

The Tales of Zestiria anime is pretty good right? I'm really enjoying Berseria and I think I might just watch the Zestiria anime after.

I wonder if they'll animate Berseria too somewhere down the line.

I wouldn't call it pretty good but it's enjoyable. Kinda worried about how it will end though.

Dragon Ball Super 80

Well Gohan, you didn't win but you didn't lose either. It's a good start.

Goku wasn't that shitty of a father this episode, so he's also making some progress.

Narag

Yes! Precure 4

Very partial to Cure Mint atm. Also surprised how self-aware the show is which, in turn, makes it a really easy watch.

Full Metal Panic! [END]

Done with the filler, ready to move to the actual series now!

Joking aside, it was okay. I suppose. The lighthearted aspect of the show was mostly enjoyable, while the more serious stuff had its moments too. The show's strongest asset is probably its core characters though. Tessa, Sagara, Chidori, Kurz and Mao were certainly very likable. Hell, I even enjoyed Gauron as a villain. His obsession with Kashim, his attitude and his irredeemable nature were certainly something to look forward.

Ok good you've gotten the hard part out of the way and enjoyed it.

Now watch and be amazed by Fumoffu and The Second Raid. :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like FMP a lot but it is totally outshone by its sequel series.

Going back to it I sometimes forget how primitive it looks compared to the other series as well.

Masamune-kun's Revenge Episode 6 – Attack! Battle of the Home Visits

Fireworks seemed to random especially since one of the characters wasnt even there. There is one person I wouldnt mind Masamune ending up with but it probably wont even happen.

kewlmyc

Dragon Ball Super 80

Well Gohan, you didn't win but you didn't lose either. It's a good start.

Goku wasn't that shitty of a father this episode, so he's also making some progress.

He lost? Okay, I need to go find both the thread from earlier today talking about if Gohan will job or not and the general thread.

Cornbread78

Penguindrum END
WTF was that? Such loose and inconclusive links to end the series with, imo. I mean, I get WHAT happened, but none of it makes much sense in the end.

Pervy penguins with their silly stuff going on in the background was the best part of the series.

Kenstar

Penguindrum END
WTF was that? Such loose and inconclusive links to end the series with, imo. I mean, I get WHAT happened, but none of it makes much sense in the end.

Pervy penguins with their silly stuff going on in the background was the best part of the series.

they offer Non-credited Continuing Education courses on Ikuhara's works at some Community Colleges

Trickster Episode 14 Spiral Ladder (engdub)

Yamane episode will be in my top 3 of the series. I love how he tries so hard even though he knows hes not capable (but he actually is, if only he had more confidence). Loved his solution to the case, and Inoue's ending reaction. Noro really is a good member as well.

Man, Crunchyroll's website just can't handle an episode of Super going up.

If only, they had a group of people who could help keep the site up and functioning well. Maybe those people are out there, right now, looking for a job.

Who knows?

Man, Crunchyroll's website just can't handle an episode of Super going up.

If only, they had a group of people who could help keep the site up and functioning well. Maybe those people are out there, right now, looking for a job.

Who knows?

Pretty sure the problem was already existing with those people there, so they probably wouldn't change much.

But yea every saturday night since super has started to air has been a crash party time for CR.

Penguindrum END

It's incredibly conclusive, though? Every plotline gets wrapped up and there's a pretty clear ending that brings the whole story to a thematically appropriate conclusion. I can understand perhaps being puzzled by a couple of aspects of the ending, but it certainly wraps everything up.

And for my money it's a pretty damn great ending, and extremely satisfying on an emotional level.

Marginal #4 Episode 5
C5jyE1vWQAA8XGH.jpg:small
C5jyK-mWcAAJQjJ.jpg:small

Maths is in my idol anime.

Slow episode though I enjoyed their fantastic take on Rui and his stuffed animal. It ended up leading to a rather hilarious yet touching plot on friendships. I thought his apartment would be a bit different rather than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom