• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

Oh so Overlord is getting another season? Cool I guess.

I wonder how they're gonna make that work.
What's funny is they skipped a bunch of volume 3 stuff that wasn't important in volume 3 but became important later on.

Volume 4 is kinda "eh" but volumes 5 and 6 are where Overlord starts to be something approximating "pretty good" and not just "trashy fun" (it's still that too though), so that should be enjoyable.

zulux21

oh god.... in my quest to watch at least 3 episodes of everyone on funimation.......

I realized that would include bikini warriors........

so to just get it over with............................

bikini warriors 1

this is going exactly as expected.

dumb ecchi, not good at all.
heck don't even find the characters attractive :/

at least they are only 5 minute episodes.

also
abusolute duo fin.

this was an alright popcorn watch. part of me enjoyed the sharp changes in mood... beach scene... love confessions... ENEMY ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

overall I didn't mind the cast, the setting is not well thought out but the cast was fine if not cliche.

i'd likely watch a second season if it got dubbed.

zulux21

bikini warriors 2

it was actually doing all right with the cheep king joke... kind of felt like an early jrpg... but then BOOM bondage @_@.

bikini warriors 3

like they are doing okay with the terrible jrpg jokes... but man.... yeah..
I am so done with this... time to find something else... like maybe hand shakers to cleanse my pallet :p

ooh blazblue... that will work.

Heartcatch Precure 03

oAnI0Fa.jpg

Cure Marine is already a more competent Precure than Blossom after her first transformation.

Also Tsubomi lost her glasses? Is this even worth watching anymore?

Heartcatch Precure 04

Fitting that the next episode is focused on Blossom's feelings of inadequacy towards Marine.

Quasar

SAO: Ordinal Scale - Man that was dumb. And damn cheap looking. I'd only rank Fairy Dance below it. There was some nice Kirito/Asuna moments for me though.

My session had an interesting audience make-up. More over 65s and under 10s than I expected.

Was nice to see a Silent Voice trailer though. Guess I'll get to see it after all.

Really...? Like DiGiKerot already said they're unique songs that are often chosen because they are relevant to the scene/character. To think of it as "lazy" is super weird when the show wears its production strength on its sleeve...

You can't tell me that the insert song in episode 4 for example was somehow competent integrated into the episode. Other insert songs in other episodes weren't exactly better.

Line_HTX

Ugh... I wish they animated the epic parts in the back end of the GTO manga.

Also, there's never enough Kanzaki Urumi.

I knew a person back in college who worked to become a real teacher and his inspiration was indeed GTO. It was amazing, lol

Just finished episode 7 right now and the Yayoi episode was the best Idolmaster episode, it also did a way better job of integrating the insert song into the episode.

Deadly

The Madhouse not making season 2's was just a joke from before in the thread guys but it appears it flew above everyone's head :lol

My little Rakugo can't be this uplifting - 10

Top class episode again and damn if it isn't a joy that this show remains so damn strong even in its final stretches. What could've been done a bit better imo in this second season is putting Konatsu's life a tad more at the forefront as I've had an easier time empathizing with Miyo, even though Konatsu's situation was inherently interesting. If that were the case I would've been reduced to tears this episode, instead of just slightly tearing up.

Yakumo, this time you better fight back against your Shinigami!

Aki-at

Basilisk - 1

I'm actually not sure if I want to pick this show up, the opening fight was cool but I can already see it's quality slipping in the second episode like most animes. The episode itself was pretty good and the final bit between the old ninjas was a nice touch but still not sure if I should pick the show up, for some reason I get the feeling it'll be pretty mediocre by the end.

Hand Shakers Episode 6 Engdub

Lily's english va is great for her role, even though she sounds like every single one of her other characters, I thought here she really did the role justice. Love their backstory moment too, reealy silly and emotional especially when she wanted a hug from Masaru.

Fight was just as good too, Love when Tazuna protects Koyori.
tumblr_olfh9jNsWE1uxybkho6_500.gif

Narag

Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD 4

I liken the first two series as a relentless pummeling by the humor and while this is nothing like that, it has its own edge as if I'm experiencing that familiar trope of reaching up to touch my wet cheek and realizing it cut me but never realizing how or when it did

Cornbread78

Fuuka 10
I like the hedgehog band people. Wonder what the deal with the bass is.

Band breaking up oh no

It's good that you can focus on that and not the rest, lol.

The bass belonged to the bassist of the Hedgehogs that went awal, so they lent it to Yuu to learn how to play.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SAO: Ordinal Scale - Man that was dumb. And damn cheap looking. I'd only rank Fairy Dance below it. There was some nice Kirito/Asuna moments for me though.

My session had an interesting audience make-up. More over 65s and under 10s than I expected.

Was nice to see a Silent Voice trailer though. Guess I'll get to see it after all.

Uh... wut? How so?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

So I actually watched this movie for the first time tonight. It's been on my backlog to watch for a long time, so I'm glad I got around to it. It was a nice enjoyable movie. Interesting that the time travel gimmick was really used as a catalyst for Makoto's development in being more honest and forward about her feelings. Mamoru Hosoda really has a knack for creating likable enough characters, and especially their friendships and I felt he excelled in that area here.

I guess fuck that one kid though who Makoto indirectly caused to get bullied. She leaps back to fix her minor screwups but leaves that kid to take the fall because she didn't want to embarrass herself in Home Ec. lol
I always feel obligated to suggest watching the live action version of the film, because I think I liked that version of the story more.

(it stars the same actress, but as a different character)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 54 – This City Becomes Battle City!

Finally made it to my favorite arc, though they had the rule that you cant summon the turn you polymerize. I dont remember that in the tcg or even the games.

Szadek

Heartcatch Precure 03

Cure Marine is already a more competent Precure than Blossom after her first transformation.

Also Tsubomi lost her glasses? Is this even worth watching anymore?

Heartcatch Precure 04

Fitting that the next episode is focused on Blossom's feelings of inadequacy towards Marine.
Yes, it is.
Cure Moonlight wears glasses

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 84 – Genex Begins! Aim for Number 1!

Puts me in the mood to make a satellite cannon deck. The prince was great with it for that potential first turn kill, but so was Seio for having the right Arcana cards. Still hate Arcana cards a lot, such annoying effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom