• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEYBOT! 24

uCjJQSk.jpg
IMPhKZ2.jpg
wrUEc3A.jpg
eOMk69U.jpg

This episode had literally nothing to do with Robocop

I found this on CR's forum. it's from reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5yv8a7/crunchyroll_has_reduced_bitrate_by_4070_damaging/

Crunchyroll has reduced bitrate by 40-70%, damaging video quality to save money

Rewrite's new episode has an average bitrate of just ~900kbps, compared to ~3100kbps for ep 21.

They are encoding with an unspecified version of x264 core 142, which means it dates to 2014. They updated from last week, when they were still using core 120 r2120 (released late 2011). Their x264 settings are based on the fast preset, rather than spending extra time to make it look better. In fact they lowered some of their settings in the update: old on top vs new on bottom (don't view in browser, view in editor that preserves whitespace and doesn't wrap lines)

I personally don't see much reason to pay for Crunchyroll if they are going to sell me garbage. People have been asking them for years to increase video quality (old bitrate + settings was insufficient) and now they have done the exact opposite.

Narag

Kemono Friends 9

Episode construction seemed a little more sophisticated than normal what with the goofy cold open, 2-D art used to illustrate concepts, and including Fennec & Raccoon at the midpoint rather than the end to illustrate closing in on their quarry. Wish the fox girls were a little more involved in things but hey, can't win them all.

All shipping routes lead to Kongou.

I think they'll walk back on it so long as people are complaining through the right channels. Too much of it on twitter right now is why do my ripped streams look like shit

So they're bitching about something they didn't pay for?

Aki-at

Basilisk - 2

I suspect that the current couple won't suffer the same fate their grandparents did, the grandson is a lot more, respectful? We'll see as the show goes on, though with a trap already being set on him, it'll come down to how he reacts and treats his fiancee after he side is plotting to kill him.

Also whoever animated the spider ninja did a great job, guy's movement was freaking me out in the way a spider moves but with only 4 limbs.

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. Episode 7 – The Truth Emerges in the Night Mists

Finally answers are coming forward, glad I pushed this off a bit and could watch 6 and 7 back to back. Really looking forward to the story.

The writer did a good job making something with little to no action have something that is just gripping enough to keep me interested for many episodes. Good anime.

kewlmyc

Rakugo Shinjuu S2 10

Yotaro, buddy, once you get your wife pregnant, you can't keep calling her "sis". It's weird. It was weird before when you got married, but it was kinda understandable since you weren't your conventional married couple. Now that she's about to have your child, you can't call her "sis" anymore. Stop, bruh.

All and all, a very lovely episode with us finally getting a resolution between Yakumo and Konatsu. Damn shame that last 2 minutes happened to ruin that happy momentum.

Clov

I also just watched the newest Rakugo episode. Literally wept tears of happiness at Yakumo and Konatsu's scene. The whole segment where it shows the different parts of the city as Yotaro's rakugo plays over the radio was fantastic. Wonderful stuff!

Quasar

People will complain about this and I think CR will go back to the where it's.......or have ask those people to pay up a bit more to get the same quality they use to have before the change.

I'd certainly rather them have tiers so I could pay a bit more to get a higher quality 1080 stream.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think they'll walk back on it so long as people are complaining through the right channels. Too much of it on twitter right now is why do my ripped streams look like shit
It seems overly optimistic to expect this to be fixed. From what I remember they've been massively downgrading the video quality of all shows after the first week or two for a very long time.

Hand Shakers Episode 7 – Festival and Carnival
C6rrH_SWcAEV7uU.jpg:small

Tazuna and Koyori learning to cook was wonderful development for them both and their family. So silly but also heartwarming. No action but was just a fun episode to have some fun typical school activities. Masaru and Koyori still being friends is sweet. I look forward to another PreMemo match. Lily and Tazuna renewing their friendship was a sweet evolution too. Im glad this is unlike other series where there would be memory loss or death from the fighters in the ziggurat.

C6rtWq-WsAAUJPl.jpg:small

Break and Bind cameo was great. I missed them.

TBH, if people are really bothered, I'd say it'd take more flooding their message boards with complaints.

Nice, we're 3/11 brothers for life. Although, I have a few years on ya, lol.

Happy Birthday bro!

Right back at you. Hope you had a great birthday as well.

Seiren - 10

Not much to say about this arc so far. Again, standard stuff. Childhood friend is starting to realize she has feelings for the MC, and the ball keeps rolling

Quasar

People will complain about this and I think CR will go back to the where it's.......or have ask those people to pay up a bit more to get the same quality they use to have before the change.

You know...doing a check with wireshark and the latest episode of Demi-chan, the stream average seems to be around 1.5 mbps. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

KraytarJ

Scum's Wish 9
Not the greatest episode for sure, the whole Ecchan plotline just got way too over-complicated with the side story with her cousin and the suspect direction hurting its supposed to be emotional ending. Seeing Moca delight in Hanabi finally being rejected (and like 3 times in short order too) was pretty nice. At least now that the Ecchan and Hanabi stuff is behind us maybe the last few episodes can get back to the show's prior quality.

John Blade

The streaming competition for Anime is kinda limited right now and if CR stick with this and don`t budge, they isn`t much you can do really.

John Blade

Making media more difficult to consume just leads to piracy.

What fun time it was during those time. Man, when anime show was shown in Japan and less than a day someone post the raw and then next day, a fansub of the episode is post on Animesuki for people to watch and that was fast in those days. Man..memories of those time.

Narag

Yes! Precure 5 20
I can't lie, I'm enamored with how this show is managing its various character arcs, often intertwining them when least expected like here in what was ostensibly a Urara episode also served as a secret episode about Nozomi's leadership.

Sangatsu - 21

Shimada has become such a fascinating character to watch. They put a lot of focus on him, but it has been paying off. Second half was cute, and it was nice to see Kiriyama hanging out with the sisters again.

blurr

Kemono Friends 9

Episode construction seemed a little more sophisticated than normal what with the goofy cold open, 2-D art used to illustrate concepts, and including Fennec & Raccoon at the midpoint rather than the end to illustrate closing in on their quarry. Wish the fox girls were a little more involved in things but hey, can't win them all.

The opening with dramatic Serval is teased like a major turning point of the episode but later on we see it was just her being silly, it was so brief that you could pretty much overlook it and wonder when that happened. I don't really mind that honestly.

Narag

The opening with dramatic Serval is teased like a major turning point of the episode but later on we see it was just her being silly, it was so brief that you could pretty much overlook it and wonder when that happened. I don't really mind that honestly.

i don't either. It's just nice to see the show attempting a little bit more than student film project.

Yes! Precure 5 20

I can't lie, I'm enamored with how this show is managing its various character arcs, often intertwining them when least expected like here in what was ostensibly a Urara episode also served as a secret episode about Nozomi's leadership.

This is one of Yes 5's strong points for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom