• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

I was always under the impression that Yes 5 was one of the worse Precures.

It's one of the least popular for sure. It's a lot closer to Sailor Moon and other older classical magical girl shows, the fights tend to be weaker, and it dares to have canon heterosexual romance. But the cast and writing are so strong it makes it one of the best by far, with a sense of direction that makes almost every episode satisfying while also tying everything in by the end. It's probably my favorite example of a MG show that doesn't subvert a bunch of tropes or make it all grimderp.

GoGo!... I mean it's still got the same likable cast, but there's really not much point to it.

Narag

Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD 6
d60czH0l.png
5go25Okl.png
KWwD7FXl.png

whgcXFUl.png
KW724Vdl.png
LA1Fym0l.png
Closest to the Moriwaki stuff this show's been. Doesn't quite get there but at least it hasn't forgotten its roots.

Narag

It's one of the least popular for sure. It's a lot closer to Sailor Moon and other older classical magical girl shows, the fights tend to be weaker, and it dares to have canon heterosexual romance. But the cast and writing are so strong it makes it one of the best by far, with a sense of direction that makes almost every episode satisfying while also tying everything in by the end. It's probably my favorite example of a MG show that doesn't subvert a bunch of tropes or make it all grimderp.

GoGo!... I mean it's still got the same likable cast, but there's really not much point to it.

I think the classic appeal is something that shouldn't be understated when selling this particular show to people. Not that I have a ton of experience with the franchise yet but it feels like its stepping back in time in what's a respectful nod toward older stuff. Things like OP, the generally low tech aesthetic, wristwatch transformations, etc feels like a love letter to these older properties.

Just finished the first half of Idolmaster. Good stuff and show really improved with each new episode and I hope the idol business stuff now really kicks in.

And also how is it possible not to want to hug Yayoi and treat her to ice cream all the time?

Fuuka #10
I found out about what was going to happen and was highly anticipating it but it didn't happen. There goes the only entertaining thing that would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom