• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

hinako_ph01.jpg
are these in the game too? haven't played it.

Was this posted already? Sasami-san pv3.

Try not to go blind during the first 15 seconds.

too bright >.<

MarkusRJR

I just bought a new desktop computer. I was living off my phone (internet wise) for 6 months. I pretty much lived off of Crunchyroll's phone app. What's the best anime to come out of the last year or so that isn't already on Crunchyroll? I probably missed a ton.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just bought a new desktop computer. I was living off my phone (internet wise) for 6 months. I pretty much lived off of Crunchyroll's phone app. What's the best anime to come out of the last year or so that isn't already on Crunchyroll? I probably missed a ton.

Hyouka, Space Battleship Yamato, K-On!! the movie.

Going through the rest of my top ten: Nisemonogatari/Nekomonogatari, Tsuritama, Smile Precure, Ano Natsu, Jormungand (I think this was Funimation), HidaSketch, One Off.

jgminto

Robotics;Notes starts back up today? Sweet. Can't wait to continue the series. Perhaps Kaito will become slightly less of a douche this episode?

Hyouka and Joshiraku come to mind. Nekomonogatari is not on crunchy yet either. Both Nise and Bake are on Crunchy.

From the New World 14

A very interesting episode, marred by the overuse of close-ups. It gets very visually monotonous and gives you no sense of the space the scenes took place in.

Cwarrior

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 1

HOLY SHIT

You've seen the best of it already it's all one long down hill ass pull after another after that(except ep8 after that there's no point in watchin).

I really liked episode 1 of gurren laggan myself best moment of gurrenl laggen being kamina standing up to a big faced monster with only a sword in hand.

Once they reach the surface it's all just a series long repetitive deus ex machinas where the main character whines & crys hard enough to be granted a power up going super saiyain 53 times over 9000.

You should be fine if you turn your brain off and really really like explosions.

duckroll

AKB0048 The Next Stage - Episode 1

ZBaWc.jpg

This doesn't look very tasty...

Good start. Anyone who didn't watch the first season should continue to stay away. It's more of the same, and more terrifying than ever. Those who have been safely indoctrinated are fans should continue because it's more of the same, and as wacky as ever! Like the first season, this starts with a bang. There's dancing, singing, CG, mecha action, a court case, an announcement of the Elections, and finally it looks like a real villain is going to be introduced into the storyline. Hype!

---

Gyrozetter - Episode 14

This was a semi-recap episode. The majority of the episode is a "special program" by the TV network in the show recapping the characters and mechs in the previous episodes. But there's also new footage throughout, and towards the end there's an important sequence of story scenes which reveal something about the characters' past and the identity of Eraser-01. Definitely not a recap episode fans can skip. Evil!

Next week's episode looks much more interesting though, because it looks like
Rinne is going to get a Gyrozetter! OMG???

Milamber

Just started Otorimonogatari up again after multiple stalls and remembered that Zenmonogatari starts with Nekomonogatari:White. This may be the weakest beginning for any fan and maximum trollbait for the monogatari haters. Come summer, aniGAF may have a meltdown for the first few episodes.

EDIT: May as well order this show chronologically...

- Kizumonogatari

- Nekomonogatari:Black

- Bakemonogatari

- Nisemonogatari

- Zenmonogatari
------ Nekomonogatari:White
------ Kabukimonogatari
------ Hanamonogatari
------ Otorimonogatari
------ Onimonogatari
------ Koimonogatari

- Tsukimonogatari
- Owarimonogatari
- Zokuowarimonogatari

Narag

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 1

Brave perspective was the lone highlight in this. I watched this much so I guess I'll finish it out though.

fertygo

The Unlimited 01

Oh hey this not bad at all, while not any special either.. But I'd take it in this lackluster season, its have totally different tone than the OG ZKC.. But I take it as good point, its decent enough replacement for Code: Breaker for my weekly shounen esper action dose for me.

cajunator

Banned
I think it is better if I just go home from work lest I end up flooded in the river.
Cant get my anime package this morning.
Sucks.

Erigu

[Monogatari series]
May as well order this show chronologically...
[...]
Chronologically, it actually goes like this (mild spoilers?):

Kizumonogatari
Nekomonogatari Kuro
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Kabukimonogatari
(*)
Nekomonogatari Shiro (*)
Onimonogatari (*)
Otorimonogatari
Koimonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari

(*) Those three stories overlap.

We don't know when Owarimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari will be set.

cajunator

Banned
Please don't do anything dangerous! It's just anime! :(

Probably a good idea.
The road to the other side of town goes by the river and its over flood stage.
Its bloodc and denpa onna and bodacious space pirates.
A worthy package but ill wait until tomorrow.
Its pretty nasty outside.
Still tornado warnings everywhere.
Louisiana "winter" ladies and gents XD

Narag

Probably a good idea.

Go get it. Saya will protect you.

duckroll

Probably a good idea.

Anything that's in a complete collection can wait, since it's not going anywhere. There's a lot of other anime to watch in the mean time! Waiting one day won't hurt.

Narag

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 1

Today I realized (again) Roronoa Zoro and Hijikata Toshiro share the same VA. The show itself seems like an ugly hit or miss Lupin III but the tone is just light and humorous enough to keep me going. I do hope the whole team aspect is retained as there's some promise there. Also, holy fuck at that wild ending.

Seriously though, those gold coins were terrible as was the scene after Roman rescued the chicken and the emblem on his jacket didn't move like it was floating over the rest of the jacket that did. Toothless dog is fucking creepy too.

cajunator

Banned
Anything that's in a complete collection can wait, since it's not going anywhere. There's a lot of other anime to watch in the mean time! Waiting one day won't hurt.

I know.
Anime collections are like my children lol.
I love them like a proud parent.
I have issues.
But youre right.
I dont need to go out in this shit longer than I have to.

Thoraxes

Probably a good idea.

Just wrap yourself in a mattress.

Milamber

[Monogatari series]

Chronologically, it actually goes like this (mild spoilers?):

Kizumonogatari
Nekomonogatari Kuro
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Kabukimonogatari
(*)
Nekomonogatari Shiro (*)
Onimonogatari (*)
Otorimonogatari
Koimonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari

(*) Those three stories overlap.

We don't know when Owarimonogatari and Zokuowarimonogatari will be set.

Titles don't give away anything at all in terms of spoilers.

Also you may be right on the middle three, I have to go back and check. I kinda went order of release inside Zenmonogatari and left the last three aside.

Azure J

OK, so I'm watching Chuniibyou now and man, this is fun. It's also the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. Then again, I'm a sucker for good to great uses of color.

sonicmj1

Production IG, bold innovators that they are, bring you a work unlike anything you've ever seen.

Windy Tales 1

I don't think it's possible to talk about this show without remarking on the art. The sketchbook style is like no anime I've ever seen, and its simplicity sometimes pays dividends for the animation. The rest of the environments also look pretty unique, but I'm having a hard time pinning down what they're doing differently.

iAOdyGcGhkVX4.jpg

She's got an iMac. I liked those second-generation designs with the tiny base and the monitor on a swivel. It was fun to push the screen around.

I don't really have a bead on where this story is headed. It's called Windy Tales, and the characters seem awfully eager to learn about the wind, so that's probably what's going to happen. I'm not sure if that leads anywhere more complicated than increased harmony with nature, or what. The issue of suicide came up, and it was interesting how it was handled. It helps that nobody's actually suicidal in the show, but there's this weird emotional distance that becomes obvious when you ask someone to tell you their problems without really understanding them. It's not like the person asking can help it, or they're doing something wrong, but I'd never really thought about it that way.

ibprzbWbChAXud.jpg

I guess you can see one way the backgrounds are unique here. It's like a watercolor painting.

Also, dat ass.

I'm surprisingly impressed with the dialogue in this show. It feels a lot more naturalistic than most other anime. Once again, I'm not sure why. My sleep schedule's all messed up, so I'm tired when I shouldn't be. But even though I like the themes, art, and dialogue, the plot feels really empty at the moment. Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I hope things get more interesting in one way or another.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm surprisingly impressed with the dialogue in this show. It feels a lot more naturalistic than most other anime. Once again, I'm not sure why. My sleep schedule's all messed up, so I'm tired when I shouldn't be. But even though I like the themes, art, and dialogue, the plot feels really empty at the moment. Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I hope things get more interesting in one way or another.
It's not really a anime you watch for the plot. It's a slice-of-life after all. Just enjoy the incredible atmosphere and :firehawk.

-Minsc-

Gintama' - 257

Gintama is back!

gintamasback_zpscc7eeeaa.png

gintamasback1_zpsbc2167ad.png

Glorious.

New opening and ending as well. :)

Edit: Oh yes! This spring summer the new Gintama movie will hit theatres.

gintamasback2_zps61c26496.png

Milamber

Gintama' - 257

Gintama is back!

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/Minsc007/GinTama/257/gintamasback_zpscc7eeeaa.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/Minsc007/GinTama/257/gintamasback1_zpsbc2167ad.png[IMG]

Glorious.

New opening and ending as well. :)[/QUOTE]

just from the photos alone, I'm guessing it's the [SPOILER]Kick the can[/SPOILER] arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom