• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So how close are
Fate/Zero and Hyouka
to each other right now? My evil side is considering a tactical elimination of one from my list if the margin is razor-thin...

sleepykyo

I want F/Z to win.

Do it for Kerry. He's had a hard life.

Forget Kerry. Fate-zero needs to win to demonstrate anime hasn't been completely overrun by moe crap and SAO.

On that note, funimation finally put up Senran Kagura. I found the first episode of Majikoi more interesting.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Green Tea ice cream mochi!

But, looks good. I probably shouldn't be surprised that you can do mail order mochi nowadays. lol

God, no... the ice cream mochi has nothing to do with the real thing! In fact, there isn't even any ice cream involved! It's a shame they've used that word for their brand name!
However, ice cream mochi isn't really all that bad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly there's only two anime that I consider deserving of topping F/Z. Tsuritama and Hyouka. If anything else beats it I will be sort of pissed.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Stuff like this is why I'm against people counting the stuff early.

I don't think I could ever straight-up remove something from my list just because it's threatening to beat something else that I like better, but I did exclude a couple of series that I admit deserved to be there just to pimp out a couple of wonk choices. Feels bad/dishonest, man.

Thoraxes

Forget Kerry. Fate-zero needs to win to demonstrate anime hasn't been completely overrun by moe crap and SAO.

On that note, funimation finally put Senran Kagura. I found the first episode of Majikoi more interesting.

Phl5E.jpg

Also, it seems we here will be proving that wrong.

zeroshiki

I ate the corner of a book page because of that movie. Wouldn't recommend it.

Thats because you're not a Bungaku Shoujo. Why would you do something like that?!

I don't think I could ever straight-up remove something from my list just because it's threatening to beat something else that I like better, but I did exclude a couple of series that I admit deserved to be there just to pimp out a couple of wonk choices. Feels bad/dishonest, man.

I did this with Madoka last year in the vain hope of getting Usagi Drop over it.

Of course, I had the added justification of not liking Madoka in the first place.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it'd be great if SAO won.

God, no... the ice cream mochi has nothing to do with the real thing! In fact, there isn't even any ice cream involved! It's a shame they've used that word for their brand name!
However, ice cream mochi isn't really all that bad.
Wait, it tastes like ice cream...

Nah, it's just Nafe.

I wonder if mine has been compromised.
Nafe knows us all...

Jarmel

Banned
Stuff like this is why I'm against people counting the stuff early.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. If people think something deserves to win but were using their original vote to promote something then it's perfectly valid if they change their vote to what is their true top pick to win.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Wait, it tastes like ice cream...

No... I think you misunderstood... mochi is just a soft rice cake, traditionally made by hand, either plain or with a filling like azuki (red bean paste), it is not cold, and has no ice cream. It is like the mochi found in Tamako Market, and the same as the ones from my post. Mochi™ is a brand name product that you find in stores that has ice cream. It comes in a box and it's frozen. The brand has the same name as the traditional confection. Technically it is mochi because of the rice cake on the outside. Of course it is still good, but IMO traditional mochi is better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No... I think you misunderstood... mochi is just a rice cake, traditionally made by hand, either plain or with a filling like azuki (red bean paste), it is not cold, and has no ice cream. It is like the mochi found in Tamako Market, and the same as the ones from my post. Mochi™ is a brand name product that you find in stores that has ice cream. It comes in a box and it's frozen. Technically it is mochi because of the rice cake on the outside. Of course it is still good, but IMO traditional mochi is better.
Oh yes, I know what mochi is and have bought the prepackaged kind many times.

I just didn't know that ice cream mochi was considered a bastardization. lol

Ice cream mochi (That is mochi that has ice cream inside) is really good. What is wrong with you people?
:kayos

My eyes are rolling into the back of my head already.

I never understood why a lot of :izayoi involves girls holding up peace signs with their fingers though

Thoraxes

No... I think you misunderstood... mochi is just a soft rice cake, traditionally made by hand, either plain or with a filling like azuki (red bean paste), it is not cold, and has no ice cream. It is like the mochi found in Tamako Market, and the same as the ones from my post. Mochi™ is a brand name product that you find in stores that has ice cream. It comes in a box and it's frozen. The brand has the same name as the traditional confection. Technically it is mochi because of the rice cake on the outside. Of course it is still good, but IMO traditional mochi is better.

Real mochi is the best.

zeroshiki

Izayoi is a poster (does he even post anymore?) who likes the most fucked up shit available.

I think the :izayoi thing means NTR in this case but it can mean the worst thing you can think of.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. If people think something deserves to win but were using their original vote to promote something then it's perfectly valid if they change their vote to what is their true top pick to win.
Strategic voting is why two party systems are inevitable in First Past The Post elections. You wanted a democracy? Well now get your fucked up version of democracy where everyone votes against what they want to win instead of for what they want to win.

We could solve this issue by transforming into an authoritarian regime where the winner's list is deemed the one true AotY list. I suggest a topless mudfight championship to determine our new ruler.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Izayoi is a poster (does he even post anymore?) who likes the most fucked up shit available.

I think the :izayoi thing means NTR in this case but it can mean the worst thing you can think of.
Izayoi corrupted me with
mind break
doujins, so that's what I associate him with. Although all the other things are :izayoi too.

Syrinx

I remember back when I was a lurker he got caught looking at rape hentai in a thread about Kojima trolling about ZOE 3DS. It was pretty fucking funny.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

Come on now... that isn't really nice to say - so what if he likes what he likes!

:T

Though, with comments like this I couldn't blame him if he didn't want to post!

Kingdom 32

Wow this was really good, definitely going to have this on my 2013 list. Sure it gave me a rotten closing to the day but it was just really well done. Oh and HD funimation videos on the app look great on the kindle fire hd 8.9 or whatever.
Xin taking that blo and realizing he missed and then everyone in the Fei Xin Force rushing to his aid, even Qiang Lei then retreating and taking it all for him was just so good. Then when the brothers parted ways in order to protect him, I couldnt. The scenes going back to the girls in the village offering their prayers and hopes and then back to Xin and such reminiscing. One of the better sad episodes Ive seen

I really like the ED theme.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've never seen Code Breaker, really. The manga was just that awful for me. I should probably start on it to see what all the fuss is about.

I don't know about the manga, but the anime was ridiculously entertaining, one of my favorites of the year.

It hams it up at first to elevate the shit source material but manages to pull of an incredibly well done ending. It's great.

FUJIWARAAAAA

courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke ep 2
tumblr_mgn57l2wCO1rynebso1_500.gif

The anime is rather awesome, after a really good first episode this episode was even better as we got to see so many powers, learn about PANDRA, and even have an really epic over the top fight that is just simply unforgettable. Its an experience that ifs cant even begin to completely capture
Hyoubu in his unlimited form versus the dude of the mafia and then the glass shattering to leveling of the town was stunning
What was the significance of Hyoubu giving Andy that necklace, I feel like I missed it

The music, plot, and even characters often make me wish this were made into some movie or even a longer series. It just really gives off that great feeling. Kind of sad that this is still unlicensed for home realease in the US.

The OP song has grown on me and I love it, Andy is actually my favorite character in this and I hope for tons more moments of him and Yoh (not a really good ability ;( ) but cool design and personality, and as always Andy and Hyoubu are never not fun and great.

Space Brothers 40:
These cliffhangers are getting evil. I really enjoyed this episode because they actually did something with Hibito. He actually had to struggle rather than just being obnoxiously perfect and having everything go his way.
Seeing him struggle with his decision of what to do (and Damian being the one to fire the flare instead of him) was good, and we got to see him go through some real soul searching.
This was a very focused episode, and they made great use of everything at their disposal to build up the tension over the present situation.

Maedhros

On that note, funimation finally put Senran Kagura. I found the first episode of Majikoi more interesting.

But that's 90% of Animegaf: Moecrap and SAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom