• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Love Live! 2

ioVI8UFtBqGWE.gif

Because you lot made me make that car gif I am now obliged to watch this whole thing because I started it. I hope you're all happy. At least it's watchable.

Also thanks for the spoilerific OP and ED. Really helps destroy any suspense.

**,594 *1 Shinsekai Yori [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/30 (v2 sales)

Fuck life.

I don't think Urobuchi should write sci-fi. It doesn't match his strengths at all.

I don't know about that. I think his style could be suited fine to sci-fi, the problem is more that Psycho Pass is just a cynically produced work without any soul and that we never (at least, not in what I saw) see any sort of ramifications of the society or technology on the characters themselves.

Mr.Jeff

So looking back a few pages at the sales figures, people were crowing over Girls und Panzer; was that actually good in the end aside from the CG everyone kept mentioning?

Or is this another one of those series like Senran Kagura where only a certain part of the thread likes it?

Reuenthal

Banned
Wait I've never seen you post in AnimeGAF before. Why weren't you here when I was marathoning LotGH? :( Goddammit Reuenthal, this is why Mittermeyer wasn't a failure like you!

I used to very rarely visit community while I slowlly but eventually started doing so more often. But I guess I still rarely posted in the section.

And Reuenthal was not a failure! He was just unlucky another great man in Reinhard existed.

Narag

Copyright issues again? If they are gonna be this cheap with all shows from now on this is gonna get awful.

I'm not sure it's a matter of cheap as I'd imagine it'd get expensive to license music for every territory a show is available in as well as a headache to do so.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I used to very rarely visit community while I slowlly but eventually started doing so more often. But I guess I still rarely posted in the section.

And Reuenthal was not a failure! He was just unlucky another great man in Reinhard existed.
I read this post in Wakamoto's voice and it was glorious.

cajunator

Banned
I thought IM@S was about singing and dancing. Not shooting and killing.

Man. you should watch it. It is a serious and insightful commentary on the state of the japanese idol and the lengths some will go to be the best. Chihaya's story in particular was very tragic. She started out as a hooker with Miki and...well I wont spoil anything.

I'm not sure it's a matter of cheap as I'd imagine it'd get expensive to license music for every territory a show is available in as well as a headache to do so.

I dont know, shouldnt fault lie with the people that gave Crunchyroll the video, seems pretty awkward if in licenses you have to ask for OP and ED animations...they already have to even seek license or something to even include translations of the music...

Oh well at least we get the anime and in 720p resolution :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I dont know, shouldnt fault lie with the people that gave Crunchyroll the video, seems pretty awkward if in licenses you have to ask for OP and ED animations...they already have to even seek license or something to even include translations of the music...

They get the translation to the music? But they never put karaoke subs in the OP or ED (not that I care for them).

Narag

Oh well at least we get the anime and in 720p resolution :/

I'm not entirely sure. That's just a theory I saw floated about regarding GuP. I suppose some sense will be made once Sentai releases it and we get a chance to see if the music missing on CR is there.

I do know sometimes the OPs/EDs have more expensive licenses (i think?) as they'd have to license from whatever music label and don't always make it over. Yes, I'm still bitter about The Skull Man.

Shakugan no Shana Final 02

Well she was cool for the 3 minutes she appeared in before getting blasted.

So there were a bunch of characters introduced that I'll only remember by visual appearance now. Less moping, but lots of WORDS. WORDS. WORDS.

They get the translation to the music? But they never put karaoke subs in the OP or ED (not that I care for them).

A few videos had them, like Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere s2 Op (Zone//Alone) had the lyrics and stuff. I think I read somewhere they have to go through the same licensing process for the musics and translations...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom