• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiKerot

A few videos had them, like Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere s2 Op (Zone//Alone) had the lyrics and stuff. I think I read somewhere they have to go through the same licensing process for the musics and translations...

Licensing isn't exactly the right word - rather than licensing, it's that the lyric translations have to be approved for the songs, which may will end up having to go all the way back to the original artists. It can be an incredibly tricky and time-consuming process to go through, and when you're trying to get a show out on a tight schedule, probably a little too much to ask.

What is weird, though, is that AKB0048 and Love Live have all their insert songs subtitled, but not their OP/EDs.

cajunator

Banned
MOTHERFUCK. I have to cover for that sad sack motherfucking coworker AGAIN. ON MY FUCKING OFF DAY.
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I wanted to just sit on my off day and enjoy my fucking time watching anime . IS THAT SO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK?!

I need something cute. Please guys.

Dresden

rE9Mv.gif

I like it. You can always youtube the op. Besides who the hell watches OP again and again for every episodes.

Depends on the show. Most I skip. Some I watch.

Narag

MOTHERFUCK. I have to cover for that sad sack motherfucking coworker AGAIN. ON MY FUCKING OFF DAY.
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I wanted to just sit on my off day and enjoy my fucking time watching anime . IS THAT SO MUCH TO FUCKING ASK?!

Stop picking up the phone on your days off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ibr2JaIqtg8R1S.gif

Cutest thing I know.

I like it. You can always youtube the op. Besides who the hell watches OP again and again for every episodes.
I do. It's part of the whole package. Sit down and let the show roll.

Well I admit I sometimes read GAF during the 1min30 while the OP plays in the background.

Anyone know why OPs and EDs have to be 90secs. Really they should just be 90secs (if that) for the first episode or two and then cut down to a shorter version and for even longer running shows just a 10sec title card.

cajunator

Banned
Stop picking up the phone on your days off.

I should. the problem is the only other guy who can cover that terminal is an older guy and he has a sick wife amongst other things. Its not fair to him if he has to keep covering for this deadbeat loser. Im the only other choice really. I have to do it. they need to just fire this guy. they are afraid to.

Kagami

So looking back a few pages at the sales figures, people were crowing over Girls und Panzer; was that actually good in the end aside from the CG everyone kept mentioning?

Or is this another one of those series like Senran Kagura where only a certain part of the thread likes it?

It's a fairly orthodox sports story set in an amusingly ridiculous world, with good character animation, competent vehicle CG model animation, good music, and exciting matches.
I didn't quite like it enough to buy it but it was my favorite show from the fall season.

I'm not entirely sure. That's just a theory I saw floated about regarding GuP. I suppose some sense will be made once Sentai releases it and we get a chance to see if the music missing on CR is there.

The Anime Network (sentai's streaming site) used the same international-version video that CR was provided. There was a tweet from...I think it was the director, who said that currently only the Japanese BD/DVD release is expected to have Katyusha on it.

It's weird how it isn't standardized. I think Magi is hardsubbed on there too where most of the other shows have subtitle options you can turn off.
That seems to be an Aniplex thing. Vividred Operation has hard subs as well.

It's weird how it isn't standardized. I think Magi is hardsubbed on there too where most of the other shows have subtitle options you can turn off.

Well, for Magi, they put the lyrics since it is a kids show or airs not in the middle of the night so kids can follow along with the song and such. This happens to with shows like Pokemon as well.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

That really sucks...sorry cajun.

Here's some baby Yui!

2O7wq.gif

cajunator

Banned
ibr2JaIqtg8R1S.gif

Cutest thing I know.

I do. It's part of the whole package. Sit down and let the show roll.

Well I admit I sometimes read GAF during the 1min30 while the OP plays in the background.

Anyone know why OPs and EDs have to be 90secs. Really they should just be 90secs (if that) for the first episode or two and then cut down to a shorter version and for even longer running shows just a 10sec title card.

Akane is cute. appreciated.

yuno always works. thanks.

Im just so fed up with this shit. After 84 hours of work I just want some fucking time to myself. Now I have to go put in another 12.

Narag

Well, for Magi, they put the lyrics since it is a kids show or airs not in the middle of the night so kids can follow along with the song and such. This happens to with shows like Pokemon as well.

Oh I meant the show itself in general. I tried to grab a screenshot but I couldn't turn off the subs. Other shows would let me do that or change language for them. Apologies for not being clear!

Articalys

That's... a good question. Though there is the rare exception, like the Kaiji S2 OP, which is a bit shorter than normal (70s).
Also, SSY has no OP, and checking a random episode on Crunchyroll, it doesn't look like they extend the main episode runtime to fill the gap either.

Narag

There's less show to make new each week when you have a longer OP/ED.

MCD

The harem aspect in SAO is just too much.

Crybabies, forced relationship, forced drama, ONII CHAAAAAN!

Why do I put up with this shit

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Akane is not cute.

Akane is cute.

King of Cute's verdict is final.

There's less show to make new each week when you have a longer OP/ED.
Suppose that makes sense. Thought it doesn't explain Nyanpires 90s ED though. When a show is that short I doubt anyone cares about the extra minute 'n' a 'alf.

The harem aspect in SAO is just too much.

Crybabies, forced relationship, forced drama, ONII CHAAAAAN!

Why do I put up with this shit
No idea since no one is talking about it now thus the only reason to watch is gone.

Narag

King of Cute's verdict is final.

Suppose that makes sense. Thought it doesn't explain Nyanpires 90s ED though. When a show is that short I doubt anyone cares about the extra minute 'n' a 'alf.

I think Shiba Inuko-san had a 30 second OP for a 2.5 minute show.

cajunator

Banned
I guesS I'll post this just before I leave.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 02

This episode was better. Not trying so hard to pander to Demon girl's economics.
Instead it explored serfdom and agricultural theory. This does definitely have a feel of Spice and Wolf but the character chemistry is not as strong. Still Demon and Hero make a cute couple. Demon girl is always blushing and its so hnnnnngh its not funny. I hate that they don't have names but I understand the reason. Its still easier to refer to characters like "holo" and "Lawrence". The art style ins interesting. the backgrounds are obviously 3D models given a really weird but effective watercolor filter. If thats what it takes to hide ugly CG, then so be it. I approve of it.
Regarding the hero, he's not a very engaging character really. He's just sort of there as a vehicle for Demon girl's cuteness and personality to shine through, which is ok with me. Others might have issue with it. Demon girl is totally precious by the way. Love her to death.
This show makes me happy.

MCD

LMAO

The whole dating/marrying in MMO was a bit creepy too...

BUT SHE WAS MY WAIFU IN MY MMO

Suck it up kid, real life doesn't work like that. Of course, no one in the show realizes that so don't give up kid! you can still marry your waifu in real life!

cajunator

Banned
LMAO

Suck it up kid, real life doesn't work like that. Of course, no one in the show realizes that so don't give up kid! you can still marry your waifu in real life!

Thats when I bailed out. I wish you the best of luck with the rest.

Narag

LMAO

our first child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom