• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Poor Branduil and the contaminated SSY OT. I'm never going in there again. Some guy apparently "read the novel" and has decided he's going to reply to every single speculation post with actual answers.

bailout.gif

Sony actually gifted me 500 Reader store points for err... existing on PSN and since it was gonna expire I bought the Shin Sekai Yori novel blind.

I probably won't be reading it for a while though but is the consensus that its good?

Morris

Disco Devil
6uJJq.gif

ibegQ1jvwDiDxF.gif

Narag

Magi 8

Six months had passed? I had zero sense of that at all. Also what the hell at that infodump? That killed any momentum built up by the previous ep.

BluWacky

Sony actually gifted me 500 Reader store points for err... existing on PSN and since it was gonna expire I bought the Shin Sekai Yori novel blind.

I probably won't be reading it for a while though but is the consensus that its good?

Yes, absolutely. It won awards and stuff, that means it must be good.

(and we're not talking "topped the rankings in Kono Light Novel wa Sugoi" type awards)

OceanBlue

Yes, absolutely. It won awards and stuff, that means it must be good.

(and we're not talking "topped the rankings in Kono Light Novel wa Sugoi" type awards)

Lol, I just looked up the winners of those awards. dat Sword Art Online. Well, the Ore no Lovecom light novel is on there! Maybe that means the adaption will be well-produced.

(I also liked Iris on Rainy Days. It was pretty nice and it was translated!)

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 2

I was surprised by how excited I was for this episode going into it. I left it... a little bewildered. I had to rewatch things to put the second half of the episode in context.

With this episode, the real mystery of the show seems set before us. The character from the very beginning is looking for the box he saw on the train. The box's fate is likely somehow related to Kanako's accident. Understanding one will lead us to understanding the other. Learning anything significant about both, however, will take time.

iqjJvixfkqSHt.jpg

Do those operating room doors remind you of a box, or am I trying too hard?

The cast blossoms outwards in this episode. Characters are given obvious traits, so even if I can't remember names off the top of my head, I can tell the difference between That Guy Who Seems Like He's Always About to Cry and That Guy Who's a Total Hardass For No Reason. It's very much a mystery setup. The most interesting character remains our detective from the tail end of episode 1, Detective Kiba. Our glasses-wearing obsessive, Toriguchi, reminds me a lot of the kind of protagonist you'd find in an Edogawa Rampo story, or something by Borges. If this ends in as awesome a fashion as something like Rampo's "The Human Chair", I'll be extremely pleased. I doubt that'll happen, though. I just wanted an excuse to post that story.

You really should read it. It's excellent.

igatz9vHvWxb6.jpg

The theater in the detective's flashback is in China.

Still a lot of mention of boxes and spirits. They're clearly trying to lead us somewhere with that idea, and I can't tell if it's hamfisted foreshadowing, or if they're going to use it to surprise us.

As for some of the chronology, I'm going to throw out what I think is going on so far. Tell me if you think this checks out.
The train accident happens on August 15th. Sometime between the 15th and the 29th, Toriguchi goes on the train for his grandmother's funeral, and sees the box. On the 29th and 30th, the body parts are discovered, and the second half of the episode happens.

I expect to get teased for a long time, but they're doing a good job so far.

EDIT: Google Books's preview does not contain all of "The Human Chair", sadly. So I removed the link. It's well worth reading, though.

Jarmel

Banned
So I decided to rewatch the E7 AO finale to see the sakuga again and if my opinion of the show had changed at all.

Bad idea.

There actually 30secs your off by 4min 30seconds.

Normal openings are 1min 30secs and ed are 1min 30secs.

One piece opening is 2min 30secs and no ed.

don't forget that OP also added 1min ( at least ) of infodump to remind us of the plot points we already know.. it lasted for quite a while before they decided to remove it

Season two was not terrible, but I preferred the original novels much more after watching the anime adaptation. Especially Endless Eight.

Also just got done pre-ordering A Certain Scientific Railgun manga and newly solicited anime. It is a shame this is DVD only just like Index is. Hopefully a Blu-ray will be available soon, if ever.
Question on Railgun.
Is it true that awesome Toma and Accelerator arent in it?
Need to know before preordering it.

wonzo

Banned
Berserk - Golden Age Chapter II: The Capture of Doldrey

berserkcg2.jpg

I was honestly going to say that this looked better than the first film for the most part and that while the CG still sticks out, they've done a much better job with it than the first film. That was until the ballroom dance with the nobility which was without a doubt one of the most jarring mixes of traditional and CG animation I've ever seen. It was so bad it made me almost overlook the fact that they
cut Zodd out of the fight with Boscogne.
Still, the
standoff between Guts and Griffith
was absolutely gorgeous and yet ultimately reminded me of just how much better these movies would be if they were just a little bit longer and looked as good as that did. But alas...

i felt like the
behelit
in the preview tbqh. lol

cajunator

Banned
Ok Well I'm (hopefully) off from now till tuesday. I'm leaving my motherfucking phone off until then. Last night was utter bullshit with a bunch of loading terminals going down, breakdowns, it was horrible. fuck it.
I need to rinse my sorrows in anime. Lots and lots of fucking anime.

Ok Well I'm (hopefully) off from now till tuesday. I'm leaving my motherfucking phone off until then. Last night was utter bullshit with a bunch of loading terminals going down, breakdowns, it was horrible. fuck it.

K-ON!! should do the trick, especially for you if you get to episode 8.

jgminto

Madoka Magica still has me feeling like absolute shit. It's been a couple of days and it's still filling my brain with sad feelings. Probably the most depressing end half I've ever witnessed. It was so fantastic.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica still has me feeling like absolute shit. It's been a couple of days and it's still filling my brain with sad feelings. Probably the most depressing end half I've ever witnessed. It was so fantastic.

Yes. Hence why I bought these.
Its one of my favorite series ever. It was cute. It was smart. It was dark. It was exciting. It was unexpected. It had an incredible soundtrack. It had stunning visuals. Madoka Magica has everything.

jgminto

Its one of my favorite series ever. It was cute. It was smart. It was dark. It was exciting. It was unexpected. It had an incredible soundtrack. It had stunning visuals. Madoka Magica has everything.
Those figures are pretty sweet. They remind me of all the good times. So basically 5 minutes of the entire show )': but that's why I love it.

Pooya

Sakura hall - 14

haha, I like how Shiina's voice and tone are changing bit by bit. Nanami, how are you still alive? :(
this is getting stupid, dumb MC is dumb.

Varion

Real answer
Toma is IN no doubt about it. Accelerator should be IN If they made another season ( so currently NO ) .
Well it's not really 'if' seen as they already confirmed there's going to be a another season of Railgun. But yeah. I need to catch up with the manga already (and the novels, haven't read any since they reset the numbering)

Also still wish I'd had the money for that super Madoka fig. So nice but so expensive.

jgminto

The moment that absolutely crushed me the most in Madoka was that one ED. You know the one. After all that happened so far throughout the show, that one image just shattered me.

Agreed, though I'm very much lacking in the Madoka figure department at the moment. But I did get something awesome in the mail last night that will be unboxed tonight, with pictures forthcoming (at least in the figure thread).

That sounds like a good plan. Sorry last night ended up so shitty for you. Hopefully it's all good between now and Tuesday.

Railgun is the culmination of everything you hate in anime
girls, girls and more girls.

Real answer
Toma is IN no doubt about it. Accelerator should be IN If they made another season ( so currently NO ) .

Well it's not really 'if' seen as they already confirmed there's going to be a another season of Railgun. But yeah. I need to catch up with the manga already (and the novels, haven't read any since they reset the numbering)

Sounds bad. Wow so Raligun just wont be as good as Index was :( guess Ill get it just for the sake of being able to understand the events leading up to the second season :(

Steroyd

Sounds bad. Wow so Raligun just wont be as good as Index was :( guess Ill get it just for the sake of being able to understand the events leading up to the second season :(

Personally I think Railgun is much much better than Index by virtue on focusing solely on the science side of things (a.k.a Touma and Accelerator like powers) with there being absolutely none of that awful church stuff that dragged To aru no Index down, and no Index either which is an automatic godsend (lol pun).

Of course it more or less only features girls so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom