• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Not nearly wide enough.

der1u.jpg

Jex

I don't think he's breaking any rules. This is what happens when you don't establish the perimeters of discussion in the OP for a show based on existing material!

Everyone knows that you should include a statement that forbids posting spoilers from the original material :(

Jex

Mouryou no Hako 2
[...]As for some of the chronology, I'm going to throw out what I think is going on so far. Tell me if you think this checks out.
The train accident happens on August 15th. Sometime between the 15th and the 29th, Toriguchi goes on the train for his grandmother's funeral, and sees the box. On the 29th and 30th, the body parts are discovered, and the second half of the episode happens.

I expect to get teased for a long time, but they're doing a good job so far.

You're certainly on the right track but, as you've mentioned above, like all mystery stories there's plenty of twists and turns along the way. Which is what one would hope for anyway.

Steroyd

Aikatsu - 14

No eye gouging cg dance routine!?

3NKJ3.gif

Maybe my eyes blended it into 2D animation at some point, I think I need to lie down.

Jex

Birdy uh... 6 - 11?

This show is the biggest bait and switch ever. The first three episodes were fantastic, and there was some established plot happening and a ton of action and tension! I was so ready. THEN, everything went 180. After this the main character is now some high school boy who is whiny and apprehensive about everything - the show follows him and his high school friends as they eat lunch together, go on vacations, ride the train, play in the pool, look for ghosts, and try to have romance. Then you hardly see Birdy at all. WTF IS THIS?!?

And now the entire plot is revolving around the fact that shitty MC is willing to put the entire EARTH (along with some 8 billion occupants and countless species) at risk because he is unwilling to accept the fact that his girlfriend is a bomb and that M. Night Shyamalan is a hustler.

I have two episodes to go and I barely have the morale left to do it D:

Fuck. This.
Well, as others have said, if Birdy is who you're looking two then season two is really for you. It shifts the focus back onto her which, in my opinion at least, is where it should have been all along.

Westlo

Anohana's V1 sold for ¥4,200 while its other volumes sold for ¥7,350 (I think Amazon JP immediately discounts though so they probably sold for less). Let's do basic math on volumes one and two:

Wasn't that because Anohana V1 only had 1 episode on the disc whereas the rest of the releases had 2 episodes?

Theonik

Smile! PreCure 06
ib1ciJQ3gBqkaE.png
ibUt5nHgZ7iOS.png

Dat Yayoi
And so things are finally moving, shame that
they introduce an actually decent mascot character only to have him leave at the end of the episode. Toei giveth Toei taketh away I guess.
comedy elements seem to start to get together now which is good. We also get what for now I'd like to consider best villain in the series, I like his voice especially. Also this was horrifying.
*Linked pics may or may not be spoilers

Varion

Personally I think Railgun is much much better than Index by virtue on focusing solely on the science side of things (a.k.a Touma and Accelerator like powers) with there being absolutely none of that awful church stuff that dragged To aru no Index down, and no Index either which is an automatic godsend (lol pun).

Of course it more or less only features girls so...
Her role seems to go down by the volume as it is, it's a wonder when the writer reset the numbering of the novels he didn't just take the Index bit out of the title to be honest. I think there were a few where she's literally just there at the start to go I WANT FOOD and then that's her out. I feel sorry for her fans if they're out there somewhere, because she's almost a joke character at this point.

Much prefer the science-based stuff too though, the church arcs on the whole can be a bit boring. Only exception is the big one that starts at the end of the second series, which is actually pretty awesome. I like Index more at its highest but Railgun has less weaker material, I guess.

OceanBlue

Wasn't that because Anohana V1 only had 1 episode on the disc whereas the rest of the releases had 2 episodes?
I didn't realize that. I think you're right. That probably would mean less sales on volume one, wouldn't it...

Well, I still stick by my point for the most part, lol. I think the first volume of Tiger and Bunny was also cheaper than the other volumes, so I should look at that too when I get home.

The new Tamako Market should be finished by now. So excited!

Her role seems to go down by the volume as it is, it's a wonder when the writer reset the numbering of the novels he didn't just take the Index bit out of the title to be honest. I think there were a few where she's literally just there at the start to go I WANT FOOD and then that's her out. I feel sorry for her fans if they're out there somewhere, because she's almost a joke character at this point.

Much prefer the science-based stuff too though, the church arcs on the whole can be a bit boring. Only exception is the big one that starts at the end of the second series, which is actually pretty awesome. I like Index more at its highest but Railgun has less weaker material, I guess.

Index fans don't exist. For me the main character always has and will always be "Touma"

Steroyd

I agree that Index's high points are better than Railgun's, but you have to wade through a lot of gunk (literally half of the show) to get to it, season 2 only had about 30% science in it (oh lord I remember counting the episodes T_T).

Index fans don't exist. For me the main characters always has and will always be "Touma"

Touma Touma Touma Touma Touma. GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!

Defuser

The reason it's called A certain magical index is because it was supposed to be a one shot volume IIRC.

Index fans don't exist. For me the main character always has and will always be "Touma"
Touma! Touma!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ZqgNJ2xNI

Taruranto

Berserk - Golden Age Chapter II: The Capture of Doldrey

berserkcg2.jpg

I was honestly going to say that this looked better than the first film for the most part and that while the CG still sticks out, they've done a much better job with it than the first film. That was until the ballroom dance with the nobility which was without a doubt one of the most jarring mixes of traditional and CG animation I've ever seen. It was so bad it made me almost overlook the fact that they
cut Zodd out of the fight with Boscogne.
Still, the
standoff between Guts and Griffith
was absolutely gorgeous and yet ultimately reminded me of just how much better these movies would be if they were just a little bit longer and looked as good as that did. But alas...

i felt like the
behelit
in the preview tbqh. lol

How much was the budget for this again?

duckroll

The official site for the Aku no Hana anime has finally opened: http://akunohana-anime.jp/

You can see the rotoscoping technique being used in the Introduction section, like I mentioned before. I guess this is what happens when you want realistic character motion and you don't have money for motion capture CG or good character animators?!?!?!?!????? Lol??????

fertygo

The official site for the Aku no Hana anime has finally opened: http://akunohana-anime.jp/

You can see the rotoscoping technique being used in the Introduction section, like I mentioned before. I guess this is what happens when you want realistic character motion and you don't have money for motion capture CG or good character animators?!?!?!?!????? Lol??????

I don't see anything, its my browser fault or something?

EDIT : Ewwwwwwww

duckroll

I don't see anything, its my browser fault or something?

You have to click on something on the left after clicking on Introduction. The site sucks anyway. Here's the preview (the people in this demo are staff members, it's not representative of the anime's characters):

X1grr.jpg

Sentai has licensed AKB0048

This epic 26 episode series is directed by Yoshimasa Hiraike (Kaleido Star, Amagami SS) and features series composition by Mari Okada (Vampire Knight, Canaan), character designs by Risa Ebata (Macross Frontier), sound director by Jin Aketagawa (Samurai Girls, Canaan) and music by Hiroshi Takaki (Tytania).

AKB0048 will be available soon on select digital outlets and later this year on home video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom