• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

Just watched Love Live episode 1. Despite thinking that I should like it and multiple people recommending it to me saying that it seemed like my type of show, something really bothers me about it. The animation during the non-CG dances is good and, to me, the OP does a good job blending CG and regular animation, but I don't like the timing on the animation (not really sure how to describe this); despite liking multiple shows with a similar plot setup, I couldn't get used to the pacing; I didn't really like the characters for some reason; and I've never really been a fan of Love Live's character designs.

I'll probably stick with it and see if I change my mind, but I was really surprised at how a lot of things that I usually like didn't work out.

All I want is that song half-way through the episode.

sonicmj1

aSsXJ.gif

I really love this episode as it really feels like a group of highschool kids hanging out on a field trip. The next episode is also really nice as it ties in with what happened in this episode.

Is that the monkey park in Arashiyama? I've been there and it's awesome.

I may have to... actually watch K-On at some point.

Is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita a good show?

Yes, yes it is.

/XX/

While we're on the subject, do you have any idea if the Kumagawa OP will ever get a full version, or if it was just there as a kind of Gainax troll? Can only listen to the 40 second version so many times.
Don't worry! Ms. Ogata said the full version would be included as a bonus (probably on a CD Single format) on the upcoming digital disc release for the episode in question (http://twitter.com/Megumi_Ogata/status/285062665448067072).

I think that the music was certainly one of its big strengths. There is a few notable tracks that I listen to also, though I struggle to recall the names. Watch this space!
Exactly. Some of the actual use as accompaniment of the themes could end up sounding (I think) a little overbearing in some scenes, however I think they did good use of it in general.

Nafe

@Smile Precure 47

Heartcatch 48 has finally been topped. Jesus Christ.

I haven't seen episode 47 yet but I guess I can post these now since you're back.

---

Ultra
Happy Birthday 7Th! I guess the day is almost over for you now so I hope it was a good one!

happy bday 7th

happy birthday dood

Happy B-Day 7th!

7Th, wherever you are now in your exile (twitter, Tumblr, all things 2.0 and imageboards... or whatever), I wish for you a happy birthday!

Happy Birthday our kawaiilittleshoujo!

AKB0048 - 01
i avoided this show when it was airing because my gut feeling was telling me to not bother .

Now i've finally watched the first episode .

It's not bad ..but i was bored.
After aikatsu i think that i cannot stand idol themed shows anymore ...

so the next stop is obviously ...Idolmaster anime !

am i crazy ? i think so ..but i need to be sure ...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 15

Don't think I even need to say anything. Still fabulous, still epic, still everything that is good about anime.

When did this show get a narrator?

cajunator

Banned
Chickdigger you silly little foolish bastard :(

K-ON!! 4

School trip to Kyoto. Fun. Throughout the whole thing, Ritsu and Yui drive Mio and Sawako crazy. Every two seconds they were off to somewhere else. I wouldn't have been able to deal with this. I go at a slow pace usually with these things. And Ritsu thinks that Kyoto-ans speak a different language or something, even though she's just putting "yo" at the end of everything she says.

Then they get lost, but magically end up back at the hotel after Mio hits her limit and just starts laughing hysterically. Guess they broke her.

Yui and Mugi feeding the monkeys was pretty cute.

Yeah that episode was pretty cute. Love the field trip. K-On is at its best when its like this.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 02

I'm very happy because episode 2 delivered exactly on what i was expecting.
The way the 3 players behave is the most intresting chemistry of "i don't care " characters in a long time and it seems they do respect the other 2 by quite a deal.

Demon lord neko girl is alright and the bit of backstory was pretty intresting too .

9/10 i want more they better take the dog days route ( meaning let them run avok and all powerfull for flashy fights in their "i don't care " attitude. )

It'll be glorious !

Also :
iSmy1TzBQvYNj.gif

PERFECT !!

Yes, she really is quite perfect.

Is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita a good show?

Looking for a good anime to watch while I finish Nisemonogatari

Jinrui is pretty good but it has a lull in the middle.

Everytime I see one of those Crest posts, I get the urge to rewatch it. Well at least up until the first Banner anyway.

Perhaps I will after I suffer through the rest of Yami.

Yes, please do suffer through the remainder of Yami and share your feelings :p

This season turned out to be much better than I thought. Two of my favorites are ones that I didn't even plan to watch because they didn't seem interesting at all (Kotoura-san and Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?).

Minami-ke is also pretty good, but still not as good as the first season. Other than that, I'm watching Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, which I strangely like even though I never cared about Spice and Wolf and they're very similar. And there is ZKC: The Unlimited, which is fine for now, but it's Manglobe so I don't expect much at all.

Btw, anyone here watched the Sora no Kiseki OVA's? Are they worth watching if I only played the first game?
:(

I was dead set on Mondaiji being good, but Kotoura san was a completely pleasant surprise.

I'm sorry, I need to reiterate just how bad K-ON!!'s new OP is. Dear God, why?

It is pretty awful.
I am definitely not a fan.

I miss the old Chihayafuru OP.

You aint kiddin. Also, Welcome Browns fan, to our little anime kingdom.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 15

Don't think I even need to say anything. Still fabulous, still epic, still everything that is good about anime.

When did this show get a narrator?

The real question is why didn't it get one sooner.
Actually wasn't there one for the Jack the Ripper stuff?

Wes

venison crêpe
You aint kiddin. Also, Welcome Browns fan, to our little anime kingdom.

I pop in very sporadically, usually asking what I should be watching of the latest season. I don't watch much and the thread moves too incredibly fast to worth trying to get involved!

I really enjoyed the first series of Chihayafuru so I'm glad that's back. I'm working through Hyouka at the moment. I'm about five episodes in I think. It's very weird, but in a realtively captivating way. I'm getting the feeling there is a pay off coming around the corner to all these stories relating to the clubs history so I'm sticking it out for now. I'll be disappointed if there isn't.

cajunator

Banned
I pop in very sporadically, usually asking what I should be watching of the latest season. I don't watch much and the thread moves too incredibly fast to worth trying to get involved!

I really enjoyed the first series of Chihayafuru so I'm glad that's back. I'm working through Hyouka at the moment. I'm about five episodes in I think. It's very weird, but in a realtively captivating way. I'm getting the feeling there is a pay off coming around the corner to all these stories relating to the clubs history so I'm sticking it out for now. I'll be disappointed if there isn't.

Chihayafuru was an unexpected treat. Especially did not expect a second season from it!

Yeah, I agree. The new opening isn't bad, but it can't hold a candle to the original.

I still listen to the original OP. Such a catchy, upbeat song. Love it so much!

Yeah, the song would have been better if anyone else sang it. It's just to high with Yui.

WAY too high. Although the way Yui dances back and forth in the OP is ultra cute.

Syrinx

K-ON!! 5

So while the seniors are having a super fun time in Kyoto, Azu-nyan is lonely back up home. So she goes to a sleepover with Ui and Jun at Ui's house, where Ui, unsurprisingly, serves too much food. Did Jun seriously mix the donuts and sushi and eat them together? That's...perverse, to say the least.

Throughout the couple of days, they receive pics and texts from Yui reminding them just how much fun they're having in Kyoto. Meanwhile, it's rainin' in their town (Sakura?). So they go to batting cages, where Ui hits a homerun and wins a giant stuffed turtle. Which reminds Azusa that she hasn't fed the pet turtle. And she's supposed to be the responsible one, along with Mio, and Mugi I guess. She does, and then she has a nice jam session with Ui and Jun. Wasn't the greatest sounding thing, though it was just two guitars and an organ. It was a charming little scene, though. They make the rain go away.

Yeah, the song would have been better if anyone else sang it. It's just to high with Yui.

I didn't mind Yui at all in the original OP. I really liked that, in fact. But she's just singing too high, and the song is too damn fast for its own good.

ED is really good, though.

cajunator

Banned
K-ON!! 5

So while the seniors are having a super fun time in Kyoto, Azu-nyan is lonely back up home. So she goes to a sleepover with Ui and Jun at Ui's house, where Ui, unsurprisingly, serves too much food. Did Jun seriously mix the donuts and sushi and eat them together? That's...perverse, to say the least.

Throughout the couple of days, they receive pics and texts from Yui reminding them just how much fun they're having in Kyoto. Meanwhile, it's rainin' in their town (Sakura?). So they go to batting cages, where Ui hits a homerun and wins a giant stuffed turtle. Which reminds Azusa that she hasn't fed the pet turtle. And she's supposed to be the responsible one, along with Mio, and Mugi I guess. She does, and then she has a nice jam session with Ui and Jun. Wasn't the greatest sounding thing, though it was just two guitars and an organ. It was a charming little scene, though. They make the rain go away.

I didn't mind Yui at all in the original OP. I really liked that, in fact. But she's just singing too high, and the song is too damn fast for its own good.

ED is really good, though.

That episode made me feel like super squee happy beans.

Browns fans are certainly always welcome here *brofist*

Syrinx

That episode made me feel like super squee happy beans.

One scene that I forgot to mention that I enjoyed was when they were all brushing their teeth in the morning, and Jun was contorting the tube in all sorts of ways to get the damn stuff out. I know that feel, girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom