• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Suit Gintama

f2fpx0e.jpg

Probably better than AGE.

Gintama Anime Tour JUMP FESTA 2005

Since the movie mentioned it, I went ahead and watched it.
The gang goes to appreciete hanami, and there they encounter the Shinsegumi and they fight for a spot to watch the hanami.
gPoRoXC.jpg

This was awesome.

But there are plenty of spoilers if you just began watching the anime.
It was pretty funny.

Shergal

Hyouka 8
So do they ever explain why they can't just ask the writer directly? And if there's clues in the script already, why are they having such trouble in the first place?

They do, and they also answer your other question as well.
-------
Yuru Yuri 4-5
Why does everything bad have to happen to Akari? she's the best girl, and the only one that wasn't annoyed about Kyouko going to her place. Fuck the rest.

Steroyd

I think that is true (well on the exception that autobiographies (if these can be in the serious issue category) could work in an animated or manga medium). It just seems like if you go the route to tackle these themes then you kind of lose the appeal of what one would want an anime. For example, I imagine the anime Serial Experiments Lain uor Dennou Coil do not have the elements that makes me choose an anime to watch, sacrificing such stuff, to tackle deep issues or have mature themes. Perhaps if there were an anime that has what draws me to anime and tackles such themes as you describe then maybe I could see that the medium could be used to explore serious topics.

I did see the Watchman movie but it was so deep that I fell asleep during it, so much talking and discussing.

The problem with this is that if we go by all your previous posts, the only two things that would attract you to an anime is shirtless pretty boys and action (no deaths and rainbows incl.), which is in direct conflict to an anime tackling a serious issue, heck you nearly crossed off (or did you?) Space Brothers last week because people were talking about things getting serious.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 8

I can't really say much, as the whole episode seems to be all a set up for what's coming up. The movie is obviously acted out really cheesy like, but the way it's animated isn't all that great either. Though I guess it really doesn't matter.
So I guess they need to figure out how to end the movie since the kid who was writing it got sick. So do they ever explain why they can't just ask the writer directly? I mean, they're not dead. Are they in a coma or something? And if there's clues in the script already, why are they having such trouble in the first place?
Irisu is already better than most of the main cast and she hasn't even really done much.

You can trust her. She's just a bit eccentric XD

Hooooooly shit! This is Ben-To? Added to backlog!

It is and you should because its good. Although it doesn't really have what you want.

Mr.Jeff

No, not particularly good. It is the most unexpected thing I ever thought could happen in that show, and brings the entire show down a notch just by thinking about it.
From what I remember of Utawarerumono, doesn't the final act involve something like
mechs appearing like Escaflowne and Erururu remembering that she sacrificed her soul to mask dude to save her sister from dying and us finding out later that mask dude was part of some science team that original created the animal hybrid people in the first place but is also technically a god with equal and opposite powers to the main villain
?

Typing this at 1 AM does not make it any more coherent.

So what started that post about GAF critical thinking? It was that Pachter thread wasn't it? I wonder if the anime industry has an equivalent to Pachter.
So essentially you're looking for someone who make wide, overreaching statements void from standard logic? Somebody from ANN perhaps?

zeroshiki

E1359390830031_1s.jpg

This is interesting. Tamako Market is on the cover of Cut Magazine. This is not an anime magazine. Its a legit pop culture magazine that regularly features actors/musicians/idols on the cover.

The writer just gushes about the show for the whole time.

rough translation said:
Tamako Market is wonderful beyond words. It is a work that pierces through pure feelings.

It is a work overflowing with optimism, as if the desire for a "world like this" was condensed and translated into a work.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Stoof

I never got around to watching Gankutsuou this weekend but I did watch up to episode 20 of Gintama, so I'm looking forward to the famed episode 25!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
And what exactly do you have against 50-year old British women?

edit: let's hurry this page up, I don't want to look at that gif anymore...
Someone counter it with the senran butt collider
What do you have against two girls expressing their love for each other? DTL posts far riskier shit anyway.

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 43

Goddamn, that was one hell of an episode but as intense as it was, I still can't help but wonder why he didn't just start
holding his breath for longer to buy him some extra time
... unless there's something really obvious I'm forgetting here.

After Gintama & black rock shooter , here it is bakclog serie #3 !!
Queens' blade rebellion TV - 01

First things first.

I hate the first season of queen blade past episode 3.
I enjoyed the second season a lot.

The first episode of this one is ... QUEEN BLADE STUFF

STupid designs
All the budget in places that don't matter ( but in fact does since it sells )
A very high number of tits.
Every fetish not in the first & 2nd season are finally there.
Intresting Music

The "amazonnes" dance was something special to see...what a weird design.

Queen%27s%20Blade%20Rebellion%20-%2001.jpg

Where are you looking , girl ?

Sentence of the day "oni-chan has tits , now ?"

And who stole Soul calibur Ivy whip ?

Anyway that's intresting i guess.

-Minsc-

Space Bros 43

Goddamn, that was one hell of an episode but as intense as it was, I still can't help but wonder why he didn't just start
holding his breath for longer to buy him some extra time
... unless there's something really obvious I'm forgetting here.

That's probably my only knock. Through out these past few I kept thinking "
Relax and conserve your oxygen supply.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom