• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

I never actually finished BRS TV.

I don't watch animation for animation's sake so the totally meaningless "otherworld" battles was lost on me. I then got to the force feeding macroons bit and had to stop for the sake of my sanity.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
E1359390830031_1s.jpg

This is interesting. Tamako Market is on the cover of Cut Magazine. This is not an anime magazine. Its a legit pop culture magazine that regularly features actors/musicians/idols on the cover.

The writer just gushes about the show for the whole time.

That's really neat! :D

Candy Boy 5

Mj88naP.gif

:SDBURTON OVERLOAD

I LOVE THIS SHOW

:O WOW!

Kagami

QUEEN BLADE REBELLION TV - 03

Animation is still very good ... i'm still very surprised when they get this kind of animation for such a silly thing.
Needs to look good if they want us to buy it.
We can just stick with the artbooks if we want pretty non-moving illustrations.

Although I suppose there's also the customers whose main interest is hearing shrieking/moaning voices from non-eroge VAs.

Needs to look good if they want us to buy it.
We can just stick with the artbooks if we want pretty non-moving illustrations.

Although I suppose there's also the customers whose main interest is hearing shrieking/moaning voices from non-eroge VAs.

Headphones powaa .
i have no problem watching anime with speakers but with QB that's just impossible.The sound and voice effects are just "woahh"

Gintama 163

ibhZlbwmG1vuLK.gif

Who knew two otaku beating the shit out of each other could be so hot blooded? Quite an unexpected and awesome end to what was mostly a gag arc.

cajunator

Banned
or Fractale

or Lupin

or (serious answer) Hanasaku Iroha.

Fractale was good. I enjoyed it a lot. Dunno what people's hangup with it is really. It was short too.

Alright, I think I'm going to finish Azumanga Daioh and Candy Boy tonight. Feeling the need to move on to some new things. Probably Arakawa Under the Bridge and Our Home's Fox Deity, though I'll probably check out an episode of the latter before committing to it just to be sure.

I don't want Candy Boy to end, though. ;_; Or Azumanga, for that matter.

Our Homes Fox Deity. You'll probably like it. It doesn't offend with stupidity.

I loved Anohana. So I should what BRS TV?

avoid.

Theonik

AKB0048 NEXT STAGE 05
Grumbly episode? Grumbly episode! Like the new look, wonder if they'll keep it. So the moral of this story was failing in style I guess?

zeroshiki

Fractale was good. I enjoyed it a lot. Dunno what people's hangup with it is really. It was short too.

Episode 3 of Fractale was one of the worst offenders of an anime not knowing what the shit it wants to be and going full on schizo retarded. It was offensive to me.

zeroshiki

BRS is crap. Seriously. Don't watch it.

I will give you that one. that episode was WTFNO.
I enjoyed it otherwise.

It started, like, oh hey it feels like its Kiki or a Ghiblies short. Nice.

Then it goes, hmm... ok so maybe not Kiki, its gonna be Laputa. Still good.

Holy shit what the fuck, why is it Elfen Lied?!

cajunator

Banned
BRS is crap. Seriously. Don't watch it.

It started, like, oh hey it feels like its Kiki or a Ghiblies short. Nice.

Then it goes, hmm... ok so maybe not Kiki, its gonna be Laputa. Still good.

Holy shit what the fuck, why is it Elfen Lied?!

I do have to say (and Ive made it obvious) I loved Shangri-La faaaaaaaaaaaaar more than Fractale.

Gintama - 62

Gotta do something while I wait for Fire Emblem.
This episode had the full version of Shura, do I like this song.
Poor Gin-chan, never gonna get better with people taking care of him like that. ;__;

Mitsuho

Banned

I like characters named Yukimura. Sanada from Samurai Warriors is a favorite of mine ;D

Yeah, that's pretty much the setting for this character. He was named after a samurai.

The series isn't without concerns, like how Mikazuki treats Kashiwazaki or Takayama and Kusunoki but it's fun if you can get past the problematic stuff.

Syrinx

I briefly considered watching an episode of iDOLM@STER after the Super Bowl was over, but I'm just too damn tired now. Plus I'm at a point (Ep.11) where
there seems to be some drama brewing involving Miki,
and I just don't think I care to see that too much.

Course evidently Ep.17 is major Makoto-awesomeness bomb, so I'll have to continue sooner or later.

The first 10 minutes of Factale were great. It had a great sci-fi premise and seemed to be really promising. Then, out of nowhere, the tone completely shifts to some really random 'comedy' which is completely out of sync with the other half of the episode.

Episodes 2 and 3 (which was the last one I watched) continued pretty much along the same line. The tone shifts pretty much every five minutes or so, and all of the characters were shitty and seemingly existed solely to be used for the same two or three 'jokes' over and over again.

Watching Anohana I was reminded of Fruits Basket with some genre tweaking. BRS is very figurative. Like an alien who didn't know how to write trying to explain human feelings with pictures.

I feel like comparing Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai to Fruits Basket should be classified as a crime against humanity.

Episode 3 of Fractale was one of the worst offenders of an anime not knowing what the shit it wants to be and going full on schizo retarded. It was offensive to me.

Yeah, that episode is just so godawful. It was basically the series in miniature, except somehow even worse than the first two episodes were. I miss having forgotten that Fractale existed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like comparing Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai to Fruits Basket should be classified as a crime against humanity.

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Jyuunengo no hachigatsu mata deaeruno wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...

jbug617

Banned
I know some of you guys got Wii-U

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is on sale at Gamestop and Amazon (out of stock right now but you can order) for $29.99

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
6 episodes and it's almost over? ;__; Better than the 2 eps some Manga adaptations get I suppose.

Candy Boy had a weird production history:

Candy☆Boy (キャンディ ボーイ Kyandi Bōi?) is an eight minute original net animation produced by Anime International Company, and directed by Takafumi Hoshikawa.[1] Since November 22, 2007, the ONA is available through streaming on the Cho! animelo audiovisual website and the Nico Nico Douga online video service.[1] This was followed by a seven-episode series,[2] with episodes being streamed between May 2, 2008 and May 8, 2009.[3] Additional episodes were released on DVD, one with the DVD version of the single, "Bring Up Love" by Nayuta, and another released with volume 2 of the series. A spin-off manga series by Hiro Tōge was serialized in Media Factory's Comic Flapper magazine between November 2009 and December 2010,[4] with another series, also by Tōge, distributed on mobile phones.

On December 5, 2007, Candy Boy was released on DVD along with the limited edition of Korean artist Meilin's Candy Boy CD single.[5] This is the first release from a project called Anime 2.0, in which a single is sold accompanied by an OVA.[1]
A follow-up seven-episode series began streaming on May 2, 2008.[2][3] The first DVD volume of this new series was released on December 10, 2008. A single by nayuta called Bring up Love was released on August 13, 2008,[6] the DVD edition of which contains the first EX episode of the series. The second DVD volume was released on June 24, 2009, containing another episode.[7]

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper is on sale at Gamestop and Amazon (out of stock right now but you can order) for $29.99

If I had a Wii U, I...well, wouldn't, because I put 180 hours in the PS3 version. :lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Jyuunengo no hachigatsu mata deaeruno wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...

Speaking of this, why hasn't Thoraxes gifted Mitsuho with the true end yet? It's one of our finest traditions.

Already done and bought everything (all that DLC) on the PS3 version. Buying a new console and 4 new characters isn't going to entice me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom