• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to tell you that , but you probably won't get another season , i don't think the writter even want to , considering how volume 8 ( and probably the anime ) will end.
At best an anime oav or an extra episode ( for fanservice or "good times" ) but that's it .

I just looked and light novel volume 8 is the last volume. I had no idea. I thought the show adapted up to volume 6 or something, But if they adapted all the way up to volume 8 that's awesome that they were able to complete the series -- with the exception of the two gaiden volumes. I wouldn't want an extra season either -- I only wished for it if they didn't adapt all the main volumes of the novels. OVAs of the two spin offs would be nice though.

I have a legitimate question about From the New World.

Without spoiling anything after episode 16 what is it about the anime you like or find so fascinating about it? Because a lot of you get defensive about my view on the show as I progress through these episodes. What's so compelling about it? Why do you list it as one of the best? This is a very serious question so I would like some serious answers.

Because honestly as I posted before, the only thing going for this show is the concept of the
Ogres and Karmic Demons
. And they have done so little with those. Hell even flashbacks in this show are more interesting then what is currently going on. Is it the
yuri and BL going on
? I want to know.

Scent of cowardice in the air.

I have never been into Sailor Moon. Plus if it's over 50 episodes then it goes over my rule for the challenge.

Serious

Without spoiling anything after episode 16 what is it about the anime you like or find so fascinating about it? Because a lot of you get defensive about my view on the show as I progress through these episodes. What's so compelling about it? Why do you list it as one of the best? This is a very serious question so I would like some serious answers.

Because honestly as I posted before, the only thing going for this show is the concept of the
Ogres and Karmic Demons
. And they have done so little with those. Hell even flashbacks in this show are more interesting then what is currently going on. Is it the
yuri and BL going on
? I want to know.

The last arc was by far the best. Honestly, I mostly agree that it's not that amazing a show overall. While it ends really well, the first 2/3 vary wildly in quality, with quite a few stretches of episodes where it feels like nothing of consequence happens, and even if some of it arguably pays off later, at the time it dragged and I can't ignore that while evaluating the show.

Come to think of it, that's almost word for word how I feel about Kill La Kill..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Golden Time Giveaway!

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/title1_zps3144f840.jpg

One of my favorite romance-comedies in a while ends in 2 weeks. It's based on the light-novel series by Yuyuko Takemiya, which just had its 8th volume released earlier this month. I'm hoping there will be a second season or at least some more ova eps to continue the story.

I am curious, outside of the whole animegaf closed community, how has the whole Ghost Banri thing been taken? I wonder if we're the only ones who hate it. lol

Jex

I don't think I need to get overly specific or anything because I believe it's pretty clear from what you've written so far that you have pretty different tastes from those who recommended the series in the first place. That seems to be about it.

jman2050

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 7

It's a beach episode. It had fanservice.

It still managed to be completely stupid in some bizarre, not-terrible way. I have no idea what to make of this show.

Also Cordelia is far and away the best character.

Love Live! 8

Helpful Molester might as well be the Keikaku Doori Molester. 9 people in our group and it only took 8 episodes.... and we have 5 left.

At least DORAMA doesn't last long :S

cnet128

Banned
So people were posting their favourite and least favourite characters of the season, and I wanted to contribute.

However, because I have a crippling addiction to lists, I couldn't bring myself to stop at simply picking out a few best and worst. I had to try and rank every notable character of the season I could think of. I know I'm crazy. I don't know why I just wasted hours of my life on this. I may need professional help.

And so, separated by gender because I don't trust myself to judge girls by the same standards as guys, incredibly tentative and subject to change because I have no idea how to even compare some of these characters, and based on some kind of twisted amalgamation of a variety of arbitrary factors including (but not limited to) likability, entertainment value, badass factor, notability, and (in the case of female characters) waifu level, I hereby present:

CHARACTERS OF THE WINTER 2014 ANIME SEASON FROM BEST TO WORST

Code:
MALE CHARACTERS

Gon (Hunter x Hunter)
Killua (Hunter x Hunter)
Meruem (Hunter x Hunter)
Pitou (Hunter x Hunter)
Hachiken (Silver Spoon)
Hazama Masayoshi (Samumenco)
Knuckle (Hunter x Hunter)
Youpi (Hunter x Hunter)
Shuu (Nisekoi)
Seki-kun (Seki-kun)
Akira (NagiAsu)
Hakuya (Mikakunin)
Gamagoori (Kill la Kill)
Onoda Sakamichi (YowaPeda)
Pouf (Hunter x Hunter)
Mikisugi Aikurou (Kill la Kill)
Senketsu (Kill la Kill)
Midousuji Akira (YowaPeda)
Tsuchimikado Harutora (Tokyo Ravens)
Tada Banri (Golden Time)
Dandy (Space Dandy)
Ato Touji (Tokyo Ravens)
Manami Sangaku (YowaPeda)
Meleoron (Hunter x Hunter)
Gotou (Samumenco)
Sanageyama (Kill la Kill)
Inumuta (Kill la Kill)
Marron (Silver Spoon)
Naruko Shoukichi (YowaPeda)
Kinjou Shingo (YowaPeda)
Ikarugo (Hunter x Hunter)
Uroko-sama (NagiAsu)
Hikari (NagiAsu)
Komaba (Silver Spoon)
Makishima Yuusuke (YowaPeda)
QT (Space Dandy)
Kaname (NagiAsu)
Tsumugu (NagiAsu)
Kaname Johji (Samumenco)
Gekkou (Mahou Sensou)
Ootomo Jin (Tokyo Ravens)
Yuuta (Chuuni Ren)
Jack When He’s Not Being Pushed As A Romantic Interest For Shio (Nobunagun)
Kamatori Kei (Nourin)
Raku (Nisekoi)
Mitsuo (Golden Time)
Kousaku (Nourin)
Kazama Kenji (D-Frag)
Imaizumi Shunsuke (YowaPeda)
Morau (Hunter x Hunter)
Asuta (Sekai Seifuku)
Tanbabashi (InaKon)
Gaudi (Nobunagun)
Meow (Space Dandy)
Yato (Noragami)
Aoba (Buddy Complex)
Yuuya (ImoCho)
Touka (InaKon)
Shiou Hachi (D-Frag)
Tadokoro Jin (YowaPeda)
Matsuda (WUG)
Yukine (Noragami)
Dio (Buddy Complex)
Y’Know, The Big Guy (Sekai Seifuku)
Shoot (Hunter x Hunter)
Momoe Tenma (Tokyo Ravens)
Takeshi (Mahou Sensou)
Utsutsu (pupa)
Kazumi (Mahou Sensou)
Ghost Banri (Golden Time)
Yasu (Sekai Seifuku)
Vidocq (Nobunagun)
Hayasaka You Bastard (WUG)
Tenjin (Noragami)
Uka-sama’s Brother (InaKon)
Jack As A Romantic Interest For Shio (Nobunagun)

Code:
FEMALE CHARACTERS

Kon (Tokyo Ravens)
Kate (Sekai Seifuku)
Mashiro (Mikakunin)
Dekomori (Chuuni Ren)
Komugi (Hunter x Hunter)
Miuna (NagiAsu)
Sayu (NagiAsu)
Mako (Kill la Kill)
Kouko (Golden Time)
Nui (Kill la Kill)
Shio (Nobunagun)
Renge (Sekai Seifuku)
Onodera (Nisekoi)
Inari (InaKon)
Manaka (NagiAsu)
Ruri (Nisekoi)
Yuu (Sakura Trick)
Kobeni (Mikakunin)
Mikage (Silver Spoon)
Moe (Samumenco)
Kofuku (Noragami)
Ryuuko (Kill la Kill)
Yokoi (Seki-kun)
Natsume (Tokyo Ravens)
Shichimiya (Chuuni Ren)
Rikka (Chuuni Ren)
Benio (Mikakunin)
Kumin-senpai (Chuuni Ren)
Satsuki (Kill la Kill)
Nonon (Kill la Kill)
Ragyou (Kill la Kill)
Becky (Nourin)
Suzuka (Tokyo Ravens)
Kanzaki Miki (YowaPeda)
Mari (Samumenco)
Sumizome (InaKon)
Chinami (Golden Time)
Mitsuki (ImoCho)
Chitoge (Nisekoi)
Minami (WUG)
Airi (WUG)
Miyu (WUG)
Nanami (WUG)
Mayuka (Buddy Complex)
Fiona (Buddy Complex)
Mui (Mahou Sensou)
Koharun (Tesabu Encore)
Tsugumi (Nisekoi)
Nibutani (Chuuni Ren)
Ringo (Nourin)
Takao-san (D-Frag)
Souma Takiko (Tokyo Ravens)
Mitsuki (Sakura Trick)
Konoha (Mikakunin)
Hiyori (ImoCho)
Chisaki (NagiAsu)
Niko (Mikakunin)
Hiyori (Noragami)
Shizuku (Sakura Trick)
Roka (D-Frag)
Kazama Noe (D-Frag)
Mayura (Mikakunin)
Haruka (Sakura Trick)
Kyouko (Tokyo Ravens)
Yoshino (Silver Spoon)
Aoi (Tesabu Encore)
Maru-chan (InaKon)
Uka-sama (InaKon)
Linda (Golden Time)
Hina (Buddy Complex)
Minori (Nourin)
Loli Alien (Space Dandy)
Tama (D-Frag)
Nana-senpai (Golden Time)
Yua-senpai (Tesabu Encore)
Asao-san (Nobunagun)
Funabori (D-Frag)
Keiko (InaKon)
Moe Loli Plant (Space Dandy)
Kaede (Sakura Trick)
Yuzu (Sakura Trick)
Sakura (D-Frag)
Chitose (D-Frag)
Kotone (Sakura Trick)
Mayu (WUG)
Hi~na (Tesabu Encore)
Kurumi (Mahou Sensou)
Yume (pupa)
Mizuki (Samumenco)
Akari (NagiAsu)
Galileo (Nobunagun)
Moe Paper (Space Dandy)
Nora (Noragami)
Plamya (Sekai Seifuku)
Kaya (WUG)
Ishihara Sumi (Samumenco)
Yoshino (WUG)
mksm knpk (Sekai Seifuku)
Tohka (Chuuni Ren)
Yoshida (Nourin)
Lolimom (Mikakunin)
Momoka (Mahou Sensou)
Minami (D-Frag)
Bishamon (Noragami)
White Falcon (Sekai Seifuku)
Newton (Nobunagun)
Hatwoman (pupa)

I'm so sorry.

Plans for spring season:
I'll watch more stuff from my backlog, including some from winter.

Will check out Love Live S2 eventually. And whatever seems interesting when you guys starts posting impressions.

jman2050

So people were posting their favourite and least favourite characters of the season, and I wanted to contribute.

However, because I have a crippling addiction to lists, I couldn't bring myself to stop at simply picking out a few best and worst. I had to try and rank every notable character of the season I could think of. I know I'm crazy. I don't know why I just wasted hours of my life on this. I may need professional help.

And so, separated by gender because I don't trust myself to judge girls by the same standards as guys, incredibly tentative and subject to change because I have no idea how to even compare some of these characters, and based on some kind of twisted amalgamation of a variety of arbitrary factors including (but not limited to) likability, entertainment value, badass factor, notability, and (in the case of female characters) waifu level, I hereby present:

CHARACTERS OF THE WINTER 2014 ANIME SEASON FROM BEST TO WORST

I'm so sorry.
'

Cmon if you're going to do this you need to go the whole nine yards! We need spreadsheets, finer classifications, sortability by various criteria, maybe some commentary from guest AnimeGAFfers to clarify the more subtler contributers to waifu level and badass factor among other things. Maybe set up a relational database to better organize all the different ranking components.

Or take it a step further, extend the criteria and notability scores to all characters. Actually no, that'd probably be TOO extensive. Just limit it to girls, after all that's all the not-DTLs of the world care about anyway. Maybe even add a user system and some sort of CMS so that any individual could rank various anime girls using the given criteria, and allow them to compare their own results against others.

I can see it now... MyWaifuList.net. It'll make millions!

cnet128

Banned
'

Cmon if you're going to do this you need to go the whole nine yards! We need spreadsheets, finer classifications, sortability by various criteria, maybe some commentary from guest AnimeGAFfers to clarify the more subtler contributers to waifu level and badass factor among other things. Maybe set up a relational database to better organize all the different ranking components.

Or take it a step further, extend the criteria and notability scores to all characters. Actually no, that'd probably be TOO extensive. Just limit it to girls, after all that's all the not-DTLs of the world care about anyway. Maybe even add a user system and some sort of CMS so that any individual could rank various anime girls using the given criteria, and allow them to compare their own results against others.

I can see it now... MyWaifuList.net. It'll make millions!

Believe it or not, I was actually really tempted to separate it into multiple lists based on different criteria. The only reason I was able to stop myself was because that would have taken even longer, and my mind would probably have turned into mush before I managed to finish.

jman2050

Tsugumi the lowest Nisekoi among other atrocities? Somebody boothisman.gif cnet for me since I'm not at my computer.

See, now imagine this post repeated ad nauseum all over the internet with names and/or series changed depending on the context, and all the discussion said posts would ignite, all because someone linked to their MyWaifuList profile.

It's brilliant I tell ya! Brilliant!

*Ryuuko over Satsuki*

umm.gif

See, the weird thing is, I know Becky is voiced by Chiwa Saito, but since I don't watch the show I don't know what kind of voice she's using, so since you placed the Aikuro gif above I am manually filling in Yukari Tamura's Nui voice instead.
Well Yukarin's in the show too so that may not work.

Also I should probably watch Norin considering I've probably watched worse things with worse voice casts.

I don't think I need to get overly specific or anything because I believe it's pretty clear from what you've written so far that you have pretty different tastes from those who recommended the series in the first place. That seems to be about it.

I was just asking because I feel like I am missing something that everyone else has caught onto. I didn't ask to attack opinions I just want to see what each person who watched the show took from it.

I just hope by the end we
get one good Ogre attack in. And maybe bring back Shun, Maria and the other kid

jgminto

I'll be watching:

Can't contain my hype!:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders- That shit last season wasn't even close to the insanity/manliness that Jojo reaches, excited to see what they can do with the great parts going forward

Interested:

Akuma no Riddle - Was more interested when I thought the mc was a cute boy but I suppose I could be down for some badass tomboy lesbian-themed action

Planet Earth - I skipped the sunrise mecha this season (mostly because it wasn't on cr) so I guess I'll check this one out

Haikyuu - Volleyball is a pretty weird shonen sport. But the characters seem potentially interesting

Baby Steps
- The art kinda reminds me of old school sports anime so that's enough for me to watch the first ep

Isshuukan Friends
- Seems like an interesting drama/romance show and I'll need something to replace NagiAsu next season

Want to watch but need to catch up on first season:

Mushishi - Everyone loves it so I should give it a shot

Want to watch to see how fucking putrid the show gets:
Mahouka and No Game No Life - Can either compete with SAO?

Princess Tutu 17

This guy. This fucking guy.

He's so powerful he made Mytho go :DTL for him. He's just... too strong
He even resisted the sacrificial ritual performed by Kraehe

This fucking guy

Great character. Shame
he doesn't show up again.

Mushishi

I can't hear Mushishi and not pronounce the 'shi' as
uN7DbqL.gif
(X2)

I told you waifu level was one of the factors. Ryuuko's waifu level is pretty high, whereas Satsuki's is almost nonexistent.

...Perhaps. But still, seeing Ryuuko higher than Satsuki on any list is a little jarring, to say the least.

Ah well. Gon was at the top of the males, so that's all good. Gon is awesome.

EDIT: Never mind what was here. Took me a minute to get what you were saying Woof.

cajunator

Banned
Toradorable 12

I feel so bad for Taiga. Minorin was right and now Ryuji looks like a jerk. Now Ryuji has to do something about Minorin now.

No parrot this episode so that's a win. The cultural festival was great. But yeah that ending made me really sad for Taiga.

This has been the most likable I have seen Taiga. :(

Oh she will get a whole lot more likeable.

You want to touch them, don't you?

*touches ears *saves picture

That's just how anime is, don't expect proper conclusions.

Not always true..

Anime series with satisfying endings:

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

Also Full Moon O Sagashite, Kinos Journey, Shangri La..

Quasar

I'm never watching Spice and Wolf because everyone makes it out to sound like knowing how good the first season is with no proper conclusion is depressing as hell

There is a second season, but yes you don't get a real conclusion. That said with it being probably my all time favourite not watching it at all due to that makes me sad.

Tokyo Ravens Episode 23 - to the DarkSky -Onmyo-

Fantastic episode. As always when its is heavy magical action it just cant be anything but awesome. Though Tenma is boring, dull, I think his moment definitely made him pretty amazing. And then my favorite part
Bakatora's huge smile and near blushing when he was rescured by Touji, it was fantastic, best friends!

Only part I didnt understand was the part in the jail cell.

I just looked and light novel volume 8 is the last volume. I had no idea. I thought the show adapted up to volume 6 or something, But if they adapted all the way up to volume 8 that's awesome that they were able to complete the series -- with the exception of the two gaiden volumes. I wouldn't want an extra season either -- I only wished for it if they didn't adapt all the main volumes of the novels. OVAs of the two spin offs would be nice though.
Well considering they don't Have to promote more books they might adapt those 2 extra volumes if they wantto please "fans" but i somehow doubt it ..

But yeah so far the anime is following the last book so you'll get everything animated ( unless surprise in the last episode ? )

Ogres and Karmic Demons
yuri and BL going on
? I want to know.

From the new world ...
Well i liked the setting at first , then i liked the characters then some event started some serious thing around and i was hooked ... finally i just like how the anime ending can get people divisive.

In conclusion i like how they told a story about "a kind of society" as a whole rather than "a story about characters" even if they did have some pretty good characters in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom