• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamatora Episode 11

I was going to have a ton to say but then
why did he have to die, creyed as much as with Art, the mom and then hajime there, and Nice biting so hard :( He was only a junior high student even!!!!

cnet128

Banned
ihpYQlXCeOy3v.png

bahahahahahaha

That list wouldn't happen to also be arranged youngest to oldest perchance, would it?

There may be a certain amount of correlation present. But no =p

Tokyo Ravens 23

Well whaddaya know, Tenma actually came in useful for something. Also what the fuuuuuuuck just happened to Kyouko.

Chances of
successfully resurrecting Natsume
seem to be on the rise, though, with powerful allies like
Saotome Suzu and Ootomo-sensei
throwing their lot in with our reckless protags, not to mention
Kyouko's vision implying that resurrecting her might even be the will of the world or something I don't even know
. I cannot complain about the way things are looking right now.

I can, however, complain about the fact that this was Episode 23 of a 24-episode series. How the fuck is the show going to even pretend to tie things up in one more episode? Please tell me that episode count is wrong.

Nafe

Press X,
X
X
X
etc

[X] Touch Korbo ears

http://i.imgur.com/o7Cv1ZR.jpg

Mrs. Nafe, you're trying to seduce me, aren't you?

Who wouldn't ?

if i was travelling with her , that would be my first goal, but lawrence is too focused on "making profits"

Maaaaayybeeee

*touches ears *saves picture

jKhv5uJM1utFf.jpg

Ara, hold your horses boys.
It was simply a question, I didn't say you could touch. They're all mine and you can't have them.

The fact that you keep posting S&W screencaps is just torturing me more that we're never getting another season.

At least Yen Press is definitely going to complete the novel series.

I was starting to feel somewhat the same actually,haha.

I honestly thought we would probably never get a third season of Rozen Maiden and that actually happened. Maybe then, just maybe...

For now we'll have to settle for Holo Nafe teasing the mofu lovers as a stand-in for season 3. ;p (or the novels, that works too. ;) )

cajunator

Banned
jKhv5uJM1utFf.jpg

Ara, hold your horses boys.
It was simply a question, I didn't say you could touch. They're all mine and you can't have them.

I was starting to feel somewhat the same actually,haha.

I honestly thought we would probably never get a third season of Rozen Maiden and that actually happened. Maybe then, just maybe...

For now we'll have to settle for Holo Nafe teasing the mofu lovers as a stand-in for season 3. ;p (or the novels, that works too. ;) )

silly Nafe. I touched Holo's ears.

Nafe

Talking about Chrono Crusade and its ending just reminds me of the scene near the end where
Rosette finally breaks down and starts crying saying "I don't want to die!"

The fact that Tomoko Kawakami died fairly young from cancer could just make that scene hard to watch now. If she had been diagnosed or known about her cancer before having to record that scene...I could imagine it would have been pretty hard to do or her acting could of very well not been acting... :( :( :(

Hunter x Hunter Episode 121

What a disappointing episode.
We spent over ten weeks on these losers taking up tons of screentime only to see them lose and Youpi walk away, not even taking any damage?! This is problematic writing at its finest.

Only praiseworthy thing is it actually surprising us by not making Youpi not seem as battle crazed as he initially seemed to be, so kudos to Togashi for doing that for him, its always nice to see a writer go against the grain.

cajunator

Banned
It's possible to be adorable IN SPITE of being lewd. That's what this is.

Anime is the master of doing this.

Talking about Chrono Crusade and its ending just reminds me of the scene near the end where

The fact that Tomoko Kawakami died fairly young from cancer could just make that scene hard to watch now. If she had been diagnosed or known about her cancer before having to record that scene...I could imagine it would have been pretty hard to do or her acting could of very well not been acting... :( :( :(

MOTHERFUCK
day ruined.

Zeppeli

Banned

Clicked the spoiler and read your post.

;-;

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This is the ascended level of weaboos.

This person... They have become a legendary Super Weaboo.

Holy shiiiiiiiit, I looked at the main page of their tumblr and I found something even better. I'm not even going to post the whole thing. The first few lines should be enough.

http://yuki-no-monogatari.tumblr.com/post/78669799244/dream-self

I dream
that someday, when I wake up,
everything will be different.
I will have shrunk a few inches
or centimeters, as they say where my heart is.
My almond eyes will be doe-shaped, and
my hair
will be beautiful-
black-
what I’ve always imagined.
Even my skin will look
the way it’s supposed to;
caramel brown, deliciously Asian,
perfectly Japanese.

I can't oh god

Zeppeli

Banned
Holy shiiiiiiiit, I looked at the main page of their tumblr and I found something even better. I'm not even going to post the whole thing. The first few lines should be enough.

I can't oh god

Someone not only thought that it was okay to write this in private, but to write this and proudly broadcast it to the world.

I want to believe this is satire.

Branduil

fe: also whatever the fuck this is

I am finally going to come out: I am a transethnic Japanese woman.

I don’t hold anything against white people for the tragedies occurring during World War II-that was the American government’s fault, and the blame does not lie with a specific race of people.

I understand how some transethnics feel offended by all the hate, but that doesn’t give us a right to insult cisethnic people.

I am a cis woman, and I am very lucky and thank the kamisama every time I have my period because there are plenty wonderful women who would give everything to have the opportunity to have a female body with the ability to give birth. In fact, I’d love to be a surrogate mother for lovely trans ladies.

I’ve always experienced extreme nationality dysphoria, and recently realized it is ethnic dysphoria too.

Then I realized, Japan is so close to being perfect. At least, Japan is my perfection, my happiness, the country that I belong in and that I should have been part of my entire life. It’s not just because I love anime and am a fujoshi fangirl-it’s not just because I love everything that’s kawaii-it’s not just because Pocky and ramen are my favorite foods-it’s everything about Japan that defines me and explains who I am as a person. I’m a typical Japanese girl who loves Japanese pop culture and society and the ancient traditions still manifest in Kyoto.

I know that in Japan because of my skin color I will be looked upon as a foreigner, and that’s why I plan to live with a host family. After getting rid of the western-ness I may accidentally have acquired, I’ll be a normal Japanese in every situation, socially and culturally.

Of course there are problems with Japan, but he’s as close to perfect as I’m ever going to find, and it was shocking to me that humans could create something so wonderful. Japan gave me faith in humanity while I was a depressed child who hated America and had no hope because of the meat industry.

When I’m Japan I’ll take my first breaths of the air I was always meant to be breathing.

isiRmAKn0thP8.gif

fe: also whatever the fuck this is

Well alright then.

I do wonder if we'll ever get to a point where people actually can surgically change their ethnicity, and there's some crazy big movement that makes it not PC to criticize them for it.

Like that one episode of South Park.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 121

Youpi's evolution is a terrible and beautiful thing to watch.

Knuckle's weakness and strength, perhaps even more so.
The moment Potclean disappeared was painful viewing. All that they had achieved - and it was a magnificent achievement, one that would certainly have won them the battle if they had only held on a little longer - wiped away just like that. Goddamn.

CorvoSol

I am finally going to come out: I am a transethnic Japanese woman.

I don’t hold anything against white people for the tragedies occurring during World War II-that was the American government’s fault, and the blame does not lie with a specific race of people.

Okay 1) I don't really think transethnic means what she thinks it means if it even is a word. and 2) LOL at the entire WWII thing.

I mean are people who are alive in Japan now even mad about WWII? Is anybody still mad about that? I mean, that whole Cold War thing, sure, but WWII was a loooong time ago.

Branduil

Okay 1) I don't really think transethnic means what she thinks it means if it even is a word. and 2) LOL at the entire WWII thing.

I mean are people who are alive in Japan now even mad about WWII? Is anybody still mad about that? I mean, that whole Cold War thing, sure, but WWII was a loooong time ago.

Some of them. See: The Cockpit, where a heroic Nazi refuses to use a nuclear bomb because that would just be wrong.

I like this part:
My cultural identity is
bowing, manga, sakura,
Pocky, anime, J Pop,
kendo, lolita, kawaii,
Tokyo, Kyoto, Fukuoka,
tea, flowers, trains,
everything and anything
in the proud island nation
of the Rising Sun.

Bowling is listed first.

Status