• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Time Giveaway!

title1_zps3144f840.jpg

One of my favorite romance-comedies in a while ends in 2 weeks. It's based on the light-novel series by Yuyuko Takemiya, which just had its 8th volume released earlier this month. I'm hoping there will be a second season or at least some more ova eps to continue the story.

I actually like the series so much, that I commissioned one of my favorite artists, Japanese illustrator Hebitsukai ( http://hebi.soragoto.net/ ), to do a screenprinted poster for me in celebration of the upcoming season (hopefully not series) finalle. Here's a teaser:

contest_zpsb7644d3f.jpg

I was thinking about doing some sort of random drawing or contest of some sort to give away a copy or 2 for fans of the show. I'll post the details after this Thursday's episode.

Anime series with satisfying endings:

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

Hopefully After Story will soon be on that list. :)

Jex

Just because it's a part of the story that doesn't mean it automatically makes it good. It's flimsy. I don't like it. Sooner we can get over that the sooner we can discuss what the show and story are doing better as of late. (The concept of this society, how
the powers corrupt
, the animation which has gotten soooo much better and the ever growing threat of
Saki losing more of her friends
)

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I mean, I don't really see it as something that' you'd ascribe as being "good" or "bad". It's just an aspect of the society that the characters live in, one that was artificially created for reasons that are explained in the show itself.

The series is about explaining the ramifications of such a curated society and, as such, the show has to explore how said relationships would play out because if it didn't then it would almost be betraying the point of the entire work. If you don't explore how relationships work in such a society like this you're missing out on an exploring a very interesting topic and one that people can really relate to because being in love and being in a relationship is one of the core facets of life for most people.

Link Man

Banned

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia was one I found satisfying.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
At long last, Crunchyroll is finally, actually coming to the Vita today.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...available-for-playstation-vita-starting-today

edit: only for North and South America for now, it seems.

If I actually had a Vita this would be great.

Sony actually announced this in their PS Blog post earlier this morning but I guess we all missed it.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh.

Now I'm not stuck with Netflix's shitty selection when I start working out on my stationary bike again.

Princess Tutu 18

Fakir pls stop fucking up. Oh right, Heart Pieces, remember those? Finally back!

I will say, strangely, I'm enjoying how this show is taking its chance to throw shit at Rue no matter what.

Jex

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi
It's more than that, I feel.

Maybe if I stop feeling lazy I'll have a think.

Toradora 13

I just had a smile on my face the entire episode. Taiga's dad can go rot in hell for all I care. That dude deserves a Taiga punch in the face.

Also got a small wiff of dem feels. It's coming. I know it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I am not sure where to ask this, but is Crunchyroll worth it? Is the quality good? Are there lots of shows? Does it offer recommendations based on what you've watched?

I want to get into some anime series, but I don't really like using those free streaming sites to watch them.

The majority of anime airing in a given season are licensed for streaming by Crunchyroll and they have a very healthy backlog of series from past seasons, so you're certain to find things to watch no matter where your interests lie. A subscription is justified if you find at least 3-4 anime in a given season that you like enough to watch week to week.

As for recommendations, I wouldn't know about that, but you can always ask here. We're pretty good at drawing comparisons between shows based on given criteria.

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

How come Gurren Lagann's ending isn't on this list? I can't be in a minority when I found its ending satisfying am I?

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I mean, I don't really see it as something that' you'd ascribe as being "good" or "bad". It's just an aspect of the society that the characters live in, one that was artificially created for reasons that are explained in the show itself.

The series is about explaining the ramifications of such a curated society and, as such, the show has to explore how said relationships would play out because if it didn't then it would almost be betraying the point of the entire work. If you don't explore how relationships work in such a society like this you're missing out on an exploring a very interesting topic and one that people can really relate to because being in love and being in a relationship is one of the core facets of life for most people.

I feel I will be better equipped to discuss this show at length once I watch the last episode. Which I plan on powering through tonight.

The relationships aspect has still pulled everything down in this show I feel. I think it would've been fine without it to be perfectly honest. But like you say later everyone can relate to love and that's what is jarring to me. This concept of love and relationships in this world is so weird. It's just out there.

Listen, I understand that this is a core part of the story and is how this society deals with things. But I do not like it. And if that's what they want the viewer to feel then good for them. They succeeded. It however does not mean I should applaud them for doing something to make you not like it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

No Code Geass? smfh

CorvoSol

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

+Evangelion.

At least, I feel satisfaction when people experience the ending.

Grzi

Cowboy Bebop
Haibane Renmei
SBY 2199
Girls und Panzer
The Tatami Galaxy
From the New World
Azumanga Daioh
Infinite Ryvius
Hanasaku Iroha
Dennou Coil
Kyousougiga
Steins;Gate
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Higurashi

Chrno Crusade has an amazing ending. The actual show is not that good, but the ending made it all worth it. Well, not really, but it's still great lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
As much as I did in After Story Episode 18? That's basically my bar now.

But yes I would love to feel them glorious feels.

I just watched the specific scene I'm referring to again, and despite having watched the show twice, and that specific scene MANY times, I teared up, hard. Every single time, it never fails.

I think there's only one other scene in anime that does that to me, and it's the
"voucher for a lifetime friendship"
scene in Nichijou (oddly enough, Nichijou of all things does have a scene that brings the feels).

As much as I did in After Story Episode 18? That's basically my bar now.

But yes I would love to feel them glorious feels.

PshychoNinja have you watched Gurren Lagann? If you like feels, there's quite a few in that.

If you haven't, I'm definetly asking you to watch that for your next challenge.

Yeah I thought Madoka Magica had a really satisfying ending.

Then they had to make movies. :/

I picture Madoka as "Hey guys, we finished our video games and everything is satisfying and blah blah blah"

And 3rd movie is like "You just had to ask for more fucking games in something that is complete".

CorvoSol

+ G Gundam

Oh yeah, more than any other Gundam, G had a great ending. Domon's come into his own, his relationship with Rain has become healthy, the Devil has been defeated, and Master Asia's lessons about the Fight have been burned into his heart, leaving the future a bright one for him.

They had one job with the third movie. ONE. JOB. and they failed miserably.

Madoka movie 3 is to me what E7 AO is to you. It makes me angry thinking about it.

Was that one job "Don't make this shit?"

Was that one job "Don't make this shit?"

No, that one job was to provide a nice-little wrap up movie to finish up the franchise for good. In fact, that's what Gen thought it was going to be at first when the movie was in concept stage IIRC. But the director wanted an ending to continue the franchise, so he thought of much better way to continue the series and Gen a breakthrough with how to write it.

I would have been perfectly fine with the movie had it not been for that final stunt at the end.

Finally EMS! I couldn't wait anymore for my limited edition copy of the Ojamajo Doremi 17 3rd ~Come On!~.
And 3 copies of the Yotsubato! Himekuri Calendar, one to use, one to preserve and one to expand the fandom(already shipped to a friend.)

Golden Time Giveaway!

title1_zps3144f840.jpg

One of my favorite romance-comedies in a while ends in 2 weeks. It's based on the light-novel series by Yuyuko Takemiya, which just had its 8th volume released earlier this month. I'm hoping there will be a second season or at least some more ova eps to continue the story.

I actually like the series so much, that I commissioned one of my favorite artists, Japanese illustrator Hebitsukai ( http://hebi.soragoto.net/ ), to do a screenprinted poster for me in celebration of the upcoming season (hopefully not series) finalle. Here's a teaser:

contest_zpsb7644d3f.jpg

I was thinking about doing some sort of random drawing or contest of some sort to give away a copy or 2 for fans of the show. I'll post the details after this Thursday's episode.

I'm sorry to tell you that , but you probably won't get another season , i don't think the writter even want to , considering how volume 8 ( and probably the anime ) will end.
At best an anime oav or an extra episode ( for fanservice or "good times" ) but that's it .

JoeFu

Banned
I'm on ep 4 of Tsuritama and Haru is the most annoying thing ever omfg. I can't stand the way he talks. I thought after the first ep or so I would get used to it, but that's probably never going to happen.

PshychoNinja have you watched Gurren Lagann? If you like feels, there's quite a few in that.

If you haven't, I'm definetly asking you to watch that for your next challenge.

Lol. You have a lot of anime that you want to challenge me to see don't you.

I bet you even have a list ready to go when I do another one. :p

My guess is Ojamajo Doremi, we could do a joint collaboration with 4 people, one for each season but I already watched Clannad. Or make him fall in love with the first season and let him watch the rest from his own accord. =p

My guess is Ojamajo Doremi, we could do a joint collaboration with 4 people, one for each season but I already watched Clannad. Or make him fall in love with the first season and let him watch from his own accord the rest. =p

I think I asked him or someone else already to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom