• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 7

I never realised it when I was a kid, but the fact they have to pronounce "Digi-Armour Ener...GIZE" to match the lip flaps is so damn obvious in this version. dat punk music

dat andromon

Flamedramon's VA is badass.

Nordicus

if i don't like stuff i tend to stop watching it and not score it
Same. Though in cases where I managed to get to 6 episodes or past first half, whichever number is smaller, I score it. In some cases of masochism I might watch the stuff to the end even if I dislike it, but it leaves me in such a bad mood that it just isn't worth it. I regret completing Burst Angel

However, I can't force myself to completely drop Zetman even if it makes me absolutely mad. I need to find out how much they fucked up the adaptation. Eventually.

I probably need to do my regular pruning of my onhold list, which is mostly a dropped list where I didn't have the guts to admit I dropped it.
Heh, same here.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 8

A nice deviation from the standard monster of the week episode. After the show wholesale gave up pretending Ken was anything other than evil a few weeks ago, we get to build up him and Davis - Ken in an evil direction, both in real time and as the emperor, and Davis as fundamentally a good kid looking out for his friends. The Emperor's catch-22 ("I'm going to kill four of your friends - you can choose one to save") is a really good demonstration for a kid's show of pettiness and vindictiveness. (Getting out of it because the Emperor didn't bother actually capturing them because he just wanted to fuck with Davis is also hilariously appropriate for Ken's actual work ethic).

Ken revealing he is the Emperor for no real reason though was kinda stupid. I guess he's just got that big an ego.

hat_hair

Is Happiness Charge Precure actually good or are people just watching for the potential yuri?

It's good if you like shows aimed at 6 year olds. Which I do.

Most anime fans are not discriminating consumers of the medium, and this is reflected in score aggregation sites. There is also a strong recency bias since most never bother to go back and watch stuff older than a few years ago.

I would love to watch more older stuff, but it's so much easier to watch stuff as it airs. I know that the total time investment is the same for watching a new series as an older one, but being forced into one episode a week makes it feel like less of a commitment, somehow. And then I end up watching 15-20 ongoing shows and whoops where has my free time gone.
Luckily I've been watching anime for a very long time, so I have actually seen a lot of older stuff anyway.

Also, add me to the list of people that tend to not score things I don't like because I dropped them.

Quite true.
it has FLYING PANTIES.
MAGICAL Flying panties !

So stupid it's very hard to hate how stupid it is .

All I see are eyebrows and scissors for hair.
She actually use her hair as a mean to attack .
Thankfully , the eyebrows are safe , right ?

Happiness Charge Precure - 08

Cure Fortune is cold blooded as fuck and I love it!

If we're going by other precure shows , she actually only need the right character to melt that frozen heart. What OTP will it be ?

wonzo

Banned
D-Frag! 12 END

dfrag12.jpg

This show was a real mixed in the end. When it hits it hits really well but for the most part it's a really disjointed show mired with way too many unfunny & drawn out gags, incessant shouting, and a complete inability to establish a consistent tone from beginning to end.

It really does feel like this was better suited to just staying as a manga as it feels like the overall flow of the show fits that medium better. Well, that and you wouldn't have to put up with ALL THE YELLING FOR COMEDY!!!!!!!

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 9

Oh my god the dialogue for this dramatic scene where the parents find Ken has disappeared is amazing.

"Normally I hear the sounds of furious scribbling from him working on his math problems, but today, nothing!"

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 10

"Well, I cleaned my glasses for the third time today... and I'm still not happy! Weird."

lol. Matt showing up and decking Tai. hilarious.

Log Horizon Season 1 1-25 END

The first few eps of this show really captured my attention. They all the political stuff made it really boring. I like the characters and I guess now that it's out the way, I appreciate the details about the world. There's a lot of depth to it, unlike Sword Art Online. There is only a bit of romance -- especially compared to Sword Art -- and that's ok. I liked it more when the group was adventuring and hope for more of that and way less politics. What's keeping me interested is the show's depth and backstory, as well as the mystery. I want to hear more about the Debauchery Tea Party and its members too.

Even though Season 2 starts in the Fall, I'm a bit put off that it's already caught up to the light novels -- which means this will take a long while to finish. Ugh.

Narag

either i'm pro as fuck at choosing what to watch or i'm just another shiteater throwing out high scores like candy
it's the later mars of destruction 10/10 represent
YVDbhZt.png

yeah, i'd never give that a 10.
Happy Science & draculaburger tho

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 11

Lol, it's the everybody shits on Davis episode. He had it coming though.

You can really shave off five minutes every episode by skipping all the digievolutions

Digimon Adventures 02 - 12

"Go whoever"

I guess Deputymon is a more affable Man With No Name reference.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 13

Oh shit. It's the Cthulhu episode

/edit jesus. Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

Cthulhu-sama.jpg

I mean let's make no bones about this. Kari got kidnapped by shady fish dudes who wanted to fight Cthulhu.

NoTacos

It's never to late to watch Wolf Children. Great movie.

What happened to the father totally caught me off guard, very shocking. Also love the contrast between the two siblings and the paths they chose, especially considering how they used to be as children.

What happened to the father totally caught me off guard, very shocking. Also love the contrast between the two siblings and the paths they chose, especially considering how they used to be as children.

Yeah. I like the country setting and the way the other people that lives there gradually starts to help out and such too.

Quasar

Log Horizon Season 1 1-25 END

The first few eps of this show really captured my attention. They all the political stuff made it really boring. I like the characters and I guess now that it's out the way, I appreciate the details about the world. There's a lot of depth to it, unlike Sword Art Online. There is only a bit of romance -- especially compared to Sword Art -- and that's ok. I liked it more when the group was adventuring and hope for more of that and way less politics. What's keeping me interested is the show's depth and backstory, as well as the mystery. I want to hear more about the Debauchery Tea Party and its members too.

Even though Season 2 starts in the Fall, I'm a bit put off that it's already caught up to the light novels -- which means this will take a long while to finish. Ugh.

Its weird. To me its at its best with the politics and discussions. That's its thing to me. The adventuring stuff is where I got bored. Well not bored, but less interested. Especially the whole training part. Well except where in intersected with Shiroe.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 17

After Cody's crappy digiegg adventure last episode, we're back to a cool non monster-of-the-week episode as a ghost infests the TV station Miyotismon blew up back during the Tokyo arc. Yamato/Takeru get to hang out and just be bros together in their dad's messy-ass apartment. Meanwhile, the rest of the gang reminisce about the past, and Izzy starts experimenting with the D3s.

There's an incredibly abrupt scene transition as they go from half the team at Tai and Kari's place to everyone arriving at the TV station (which I think is the Fuji TV station).

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 18

Everyone gears up for the final assault on the Digimon Emperor's fortress, and have to fake a cover story for everyone to go missing for a couple of days while they mop up. I don't know why they're bothering hiding it from Izzy or Matt/TK's dad though, because I'm pretty sure their parents at least found out what was going on back when Tokyo was getting levelled.

Hehe. I got a The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars Blu-ray double pack I haven't opened yet.

Somehow I haven't yet seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time yet either. Actually, I have a few movies sitting around I haven't watched yet...I usually have to be in the right mood for it regardless of what it is.

Somehow I haven't yet seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time yet either. Actually, I have a few movies sitting around I haven't watched yet...I usually have to be in the right mood for it regardless of what it is.

I think I should watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time later this week.

Got Grave of the Fireflies sitting here for the longest time as well. Not been in the mood to watch that yet.

Grzi

Noragami - 12

A great end to a great show. Most of all, this show has been consistent in every aspect, and hopefully BONES learn from this and apply the magic they pulled here on their future shows.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Poor guy's reputation has taken a hit lately.

I know right? T_T

SDBurton needs to redeem himself by engaging in more lesbianism than ever before!

I must go on a spiritual journey to strengthen the purity within my heart.

If we're going by other precure shows , she actually only need the right character to melt that frozen heart. What OTP will it be ?

Gotta say Yuyu will get the job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom