• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Done and done. Adding to the list.

You won't regret it.

JOJO 21
I'M SO PUMPED I'M GOING TO STRIP DAMMIT.
tumblr_mj1uv8EmKH1ry9vkao1_500.gif

HYAAAAAAAAARGH

DBZ taught me that a real fight doesn't begin until you take some clothes off.

Gj-bu - 01

When i tried to watch this , i dunno why but it didn't grab me ... maybe because i had much better fun shows at the time to watch ..but i had some episodes on my phone and 30 minutes to spare ...

I managed to finish the first episode ...
i think it was alright

Meat eater girl was nice
Tea girl was "ok" but i like her hidden side
Chess girl clumsyness was cute
Tiny girl was ...well i dunno.

i still cannot help to compare this to setokai no ichizon and i liked the randomness of that anime but GJ-bu is different and i think i've watched it far enough that i can accept this anime for what it is.

You should continue because you must witness the hairbrushing and maid spinning.

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 9

izLfDOfROkb3G.jpg

Well, that was an uncomfortable moment (fangirls be nosebleeding). And I'm starting to wonder what would happen if
Ryuji and Minori actually did start dating, how would Taiga react?

Mature

Anyways, Macross fans. Is the Do you Remember Love movie an okay place to start with Macross seeing as it's basically a retelling of the first series from what I've heard?
Without the context you get from the characters in SDFM, the relationships that happen in DYRL seem hurried and impulsive. However, I don't think it's a deal breaker. If the option is watch it or don't watch it, of course you should watch it, but if you plan on watching SDFM anyway, wait to watch that.

CorvoSol

Fantasy rpgs taught me that females are always ready for battle since they practically have no clothing to begin with

When you put it that way, KLK is simply the logical conclusion of years of JRPG ladies running around in decreasing amounts of clothing.

EDIT: all these people watching stuff I like making me want to go back and watch that stuff instead.

About 20~ shows I haven't rated because I try not to do it as much but yeah, this is pretty accurate. I like things and hate few, though it might be a bit more accurate if I rated dropped shows.

Jex

When you put it that way, KLK is simply the logical conclusion of years of JRPG ladies running around in decreasing amounts of clothing.

EDIT: all these people watching stuff I like making me want to go back and watch that stuff instead.

There's always room for new stuff to like!

CorvoSol

I have a 7 point scale but the more I think about it it only needs to be 6. I rarely rank something "Very Bad" instead of "Horrible."

Gazoinks

I do sometimes feel that 1 to 10 is a little overkill.

Yeah, I prefer a five star system with half grades when I'm feeling indecisive. A school-style grading system with A to F (minus E) would also work. 10 is too much granularity in my opinion.

5: Super rad
4: Pretty damn rad
3: Moderately rad
2: Not all that rad
1: Not rad at all

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Take a 5 scale.

For every show that you rate a one, split it into two piles, the higher side of and the lower side of 1.

Boom, you just got 1 and 2 on a 10 scale.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo G 16

General Demon Hitler has spiked binoculars. No doubt the spikes are vital to the demon technology which powers them.

You won't regret it.

I'll probably get around to it on Friday.

Without the context you get from the characters in SDFM, the relationships that happen in DYRL seem hurried and impulsive. However, I don't think it's a deal breaker. If the option is watch it or don't watch it, of course you should watch it, but if you plan on watching SDFM anyway, wait to watch that.

Well, that's to be expected of any anime movie adaptation, but if the movie is good, then I'll probably end up going back and taking a look through the series at some point.

cajunator

Banned
I thought Nozomi had re-released that, if but if I'm not totally misremembering that then I guess it hasn't happened yet. I remember hearing good things about it too, better than the TV series I caught a bit of anyway.

EDIT: Oh it was the TV series they got. Naturally.

I'm glad I'm safe as of about two years ago.

The one I have is this set:
MV5BMTQwMzczOTg3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY2MzYyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR11,0,214,317_.jpg

Yeah, the latter at least we can find examples of semi-frequently here, annoyingly enough. There was one guy brought up that asked seriously why people would bother with games like Secret of Mana anymore. Neophilia's kind of exasperating to see.

Though admittedly games have a technical angle that can make them harder to go back to as the ability to USE it can be an active hinderance. Going and watching a film from the 50s or 60s if not earlier doesn't exactly have that obstacle.

This is true. I have several older videogame systems but decreasing ways to hook them up to actually play. New connectors and technology has made them basically impossible to use unless I buy an old TV specifically for the purpose, and that takes up space.

Jesus I've been marathoning GTO. Badass teacher with a great personality and a heart of gold is too addicting. I've shed some manly tears already. Gotta get some sleep but will most likely marathon this throughout the weekend

It is quite good. I bought all of it recently on DVD from someone on Gaf actually.
Never got around to buying it beforehand.

Yeah, this.

Which is why my rating distribution looks like:

My graph is like this:

Very top heavy because I know the kinds of shows I like and would be more likely to rate higher. If I know I wont enjoy something I wont watch it long enough to give it a poor rating.

mAcOdIn

Man. A new Macross. Really. I always say I'm not excited but this always secretly gets my hopes up it'll be something good and pretty much always ends up sucking.

Gazoinks

Does anyone know of any anime that's like the first half of Kaiba, i.e. episodically traveling to various planets and encountering the people and cultures there? Sci-fi Kino's Journey?

Does anyone know of any anime that's like the first half of Kaiba, i.e. episodically traveling to various planets and encountering the people and cultures there? Sci-fi Kino's Journey?

Try Time Jam. It isn't traditional anime, also it's in british english in Crunchyroll, but it was really well done and it has exactly what you ask for. All of the arcs are meeting aliens and doing missions for them across various planets and things of the sort. Think Mass Effect meets Cowboy Bebop. Alien designs are very unique too.

CorvoSol

Trying to decide if there's a deeper meaning to the fact that Hitler is a recurring character in Getter Robo G or not. On the one hand, we're so used to caricatures of Hitler now that it's easy to write him off as just that. On the other hand, I still think there's a lot to be learned about what the writers felt or thought about post-war Japan in Getter Robo, and having Hitler be a representative of evil who lures or forces people to work for him through vile means could certainly reflect the writers' belief that Hitler and Germany lured Japan into their war (however untrue that may actually be). It would certainly explain why Hidler episodes almost always involve Hidler doing something underhanded to put members of the Hyakki Empire into bad situations for his own personal gain.

It could also just be that the message is that higher ups are the ones who are vile and repulsive while the men who do the killing and dying in wars are just people who have their values and their lives that get pulled under by war. Hitler is sort of a specific choice to convey that point, though.

Probably just waaaaaaaaaaay overthinking this.

cajunator

Banned
MAGICAL Flying panties !

So stupid it's very hard to hate how stupid it is .

She actually use her hair as a mean to attack .
Thankfully , the eyebrows are safe , right ?

If we're going by other precure shows , she actually only need the right character to melt that frozen heart. What OTP will it be ?

It is indeed. Some shows are just lovably stupid.

It's good if you like shows aimed at 6 year olds. Which I do.

I would love to watch more older stuff, but it's so much easier to watch stuff as it airs. I know that the total time investment is the same for watching a new series as an older one, but being forced into one episode a week makes it feel like less of a commitment, somehow. And then I end up watching 15-20 ongoing shows and whoops where has my free time gone.
Luckily I've been watching anime for a very long time, so I have actually seen a lot of older stuff anyway.

Also, add me to the list of people that tend to not score things I don't like because I dropped them.

Anime has a way of piling up, especially if you have prolonged periods of little free time, and then you are faced with mountains of unwatched episodes and unable to decide what to tackle first. Its pretty daunting.

Nobody's been mentioning Gintama to these people clamouring for comedy?

I figured he was watching it already, not to mention it panders pretty heavily.

There's never a good mood to watch tragedy. "Oh, I just feel too happy today. I think I'll go depress myself."

No joke, this is why I watched stuff like NTHT and Saikano lol.

Gazoinks

Try Time Jam. It isn't traditional anime, also it's in british english in Crunchyroll, but it was really well done and it has exactly what you ask for. All of the arcs are meeting aliens and doing missions for them across various planets and things of the sort. Think Mass Effect meets Cowboy Bebop. Alien designs are very unique too.

That sounds cool, thanks. Will check it out.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sentai Filmworks Licenses "The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior"

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...i-complex-guide-to-manors-and-hostel-behavior

Sentai Filmworks has announced the license of spring anime The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior (aka Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou). This romantic slice of life comedy from original creator Ruri Miyahara (Love Lab) is directed by Shigeyuki Miya (Blood Lad, Supernatural: The Anime Series) with series composition by Takeshi Konuta (Ace of Diamond, Library Wars), music by Akito Matsuda (D-Fregments, Dog & Scissors), and animation production by Brains Base (Kamichu!, Natsume’s Book of Friends).

cajunator

Banned
I should check if Strike Witches is categorized as mahou shoujo when I get home.

Its not. But its hard to categorize a show like that.

Ugh, I have so little time to watch anime. I've been spending more time building up a backlog. I'm lucky to even get through one episode of Gundam X in a day.

Anyways, Macross fans. Is the Do you Remember Love movie an okay place to start with Macross seeing as it's basically a retelling of the first series from what I've heard?

But other than that, my backlog is growing bigger than ever so I might as well post it here.

The Fifty-Eigth Man of Nintendo's Anime Backlog

Currently Watching:
Gundam X
Bakemonogatari
Samurai Flamenco
Kill La Kill

Really excited to watch
Macross: Do you Remember Love?
G Gundam
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam Wing
Toradora
Diebuster
Non Non Biyori
Xabungle
Heroman

On hold but will start up again when I find the time
Full Metal Panic!?
Eureka Seven.
Hunter X Hunter
Shin Mazinger Z.
The Big O.
Yamato 2199

Curious to see, but I've seen some mixed opinions so I might check it out
Aquarion EVOL.
Dancougar Nova
Princess Tutu
Gundam 00 (Season 1)
Vividred Operation

vividred :D So much cute, fun and if you like the sort of thing, butts.

I know that feeling. I sometimes rewatch older stuff, especially since I have a lot on disc already and its easier to just grab a bunch of shows and bring them places. Then I get further behind my backlog because I watched Haibane Renmei for the 100th time.

Uh no it doesn't. I don't think there is a single female character in the main cast designed to pander.

Kagura? Her cuteness sure as hell panders to me.

Articalys

(Intentionally aiming for near the bottom of a page with this since everyone's probably already seen it elsewhere, but still a few people might find it amusing.)

Wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the Newtype character rankings from earlier this month finally showed up online yesterday.
Guys:

1) Aladdin (Magi)
2) Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED)
3) Oda Nobunaga (Nobunaga the Fool)
4) Kirito (Sword Art Online)
5) Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari Series)
6) Asuta Jimon (Sekai Seifuku)
7) Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
8) Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
9) Shiroe (Log Horizon)
10) Aikuro Mikisugi (Kill la Kill)

-----------------------------

Girls:

1) Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
2) Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
3) Saber (Fate/stay night)
4) Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
5) Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)
6) Kate Hoshimiya (Sekai Seifuku)
7) Yukina Himeragi (Strike the Blood)
8) Asuna (Sword Art Online)
9) Haruka Amami (Idolmaster)
10) Nami (One Piece)

------------------------

Series:

1) Kill la Kill
2) Gundam Build Fighters
3) Sekai Seifuku
4) Saki Zenkoku-hen
5) Idolmaster
6) Magi
7) D-Frag!
8) One Piece
9) Chuunibyou Ren
10) Witch Craft Works

cajunator

Banned
(Intentionally aiming for near the bottom of a page with this since everyone's probably already seen it elsewhere, but still a few people might find it amusing.)

Wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the Newtype character rankings from earlier this month finally showed up online yesterday.

Of course Kate would be on there.

mAcOdIn

Shhh! We can't let them know we're excited.
It's all good, I'm sure Kawamori doesn't read this board.

Man, not having Satsuki from Kill la Kill or Mashiro from Mikakunin de Shinkōkei(Engaged to the Unidentified) is all kinds of wrong. Especially Satsuki since Mako's on there.

Also, for all the shows I'm watching I don't think any of them have particularly memorable male characters, this is the first season I've really noticed that.

Gazoinks

Kaiba 9

Drama! Suspense!
Popo is a diiiiiiiick. And Neiro was so close. So close! And he manipulated Cheki's memories too! Sheesh.
I wonder if this show's finale will get as trippy as Kemonozume's. There's definitely the potential for it. Anyway, things are coming together, but still plenty of things in mystery. Three episodes left! Will finish tomorrow probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom