• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the last chapter of Miura's Gigantomakhia (which you should read asap btw):

img000018t7klq.png

First of all let me apologize for having to post ponies. It was apparently the only video in youtube that had the english futurama reference

If I wanted to hear Bender in german..... I'd go to germany.

IT'S TWUEEEEEEEEEE

39108-one-sunglass-mother-of-god-6dZY.gif

mAcOdIn

I guess? But these past few seasons aren't exactly dissuading me. When a show has strong female characters that aren't there to please the viewer's fetish I'll give it a try. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, as far as I see Kino's Journey, Baccano, Ghost in the Shell (skimpy outfit excluded), Steins;Gate or Black Lagoon. In fact many of the previously mentioned are in my top 10 anime. If you want to tell me which shows prove me wrong be my guest, KirbYayoi already recommended Do Re Mi so I'll eventually give that a watch.

I'm an engineer/scientist and a negative at heart. I base my opinions on observation and evidence. If the evidence I've gathered as the majority says something, I'll go with that. I'm also willing to admit I was wrong on my hypothesis. Magical girl shows don't tend to agree with me so far.
Black Lagoon totally tripped my rage detector, the women in Black Lagoon are totally fetish material. Hell, all the girls in all the shows you mentioned are fetish fodder, not that there's anything wrong with that. That said, I like the shows you mentioned, sans Black Lagoon.

Link Man

Banned
Yami to Boushi 1

I was going to make a remark in regards to SDBurton, but I see posted above that this was too much even for him. I'm reminded of YuGiOh Abridged, of all things, when the gang was reading Maximillian Pegasus's journal. "You finally spoke to me, after feigning muteness for who knows how many years, and then you just exploded. Yeah, that was weird." Oh, and I guess letter-openers are viable weapons in this world?

But no, now we're going on a train, so of course someone wants to blow it up. Everybody's a secret agent now, and we have this ugly blonde dude who loves to mention his nose. Oh, and then he cuts open a lady's blouse with one strike and laughs. And I laugh.

We also have a lillith (witch?) who wears two hats combined into one, and a bird who is the only likeable character on the show at this point. The bird's name is Ken, and I know enough about Japanese that I'll be surprised if he doesn't have the power to transform into a sword (or is somehow connected to combat).

Oh, and is this the same artist that did Clannad? Those eyes...

Black Lagoon totally tripped my rage detector, the women in Black Lagoon are totally fetish material. Hell, all the girls in all the shows you mentioned are fetish fodder, not that there's anything wrong with that. That said, I like the shows you mentioned, sans Black Lagoon.

I probably need to clarify that my favorite characters in these shows usually weren't the protagonist with the exception of GITS. Which admittedly she didn't need to be half naked or have a big rack, she was great without those qualities. It was more characters like Balalaika, or the old nun. Baccano is in my top 5 and it has great female characters imho. But if I recall those shows I listed were more of a response of being called misogynist. Like one of my favorite rappers once said

Yes sometimes my lyrics are sexist, but you lovely bitches should know that I'm trying to correct this

wonzo

Banned
Wooser S2 12 END

woosers212.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
;________________;

CorvoSol

Please remain seated until the ride is fully at a stop.

Lol if lacus is forced to be in hiding that will make her comeback even stronger
it's lacus clyne after all.

Oh man you're right. That's bad news.

Yami to Boushi 1

I was going to make a remark in regards to SDBurton, but I see posted above that this was too much even for him. I'm reminded of YuGiOh Abridged, of all things, when the gang was reading Maximillian Pegasus's journal. "You finally spoke to me, after feigning muteness for who knows how many years, and then you just exploded. Yeah, that was weird." Oh, and I guess letter-openers are viable weapons in this world?

But no, now we're going on a train, so of course someone wants to blow it up. Everybody's a secret agent now, and we have this ugly blonde dude who loves to mention his nose. Oh, and then he cuts open a lady's blouse with one strike and laughs. And I laugh.

We also have a lillith (witch?) who wears two hats combined into one, and a bird who is the only likeable character on the show at this point. The bird's name is Ken, and I know enough about Japanese that I'll be surprised if he doesn't have the power to transform into a sword (or is somehow connected to combat).

Oh, and is this the same artist that did Clannad? Those eyes...

NO PLEASE TURN BACK I'M BEGGING YOU TO TURN BACK LINK MAN

(Intentionally aiming for near the bottom of a page with this since everyone's probably already seen it elsewhere, but still a few people might find it amusing.)

Wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the Newtype character rankings from earlier this month finally showed up online yesterday.

10) Aikuro Mikisugi (Kill la Kill)

Too low.

He should be first.

Link Man

Banned
Yami 2

ilkgpcfNrg3K7.jpg

An offering to Corvo, may it serve you well.

So, I guess Youko exists solely for the purpose of physical or sexual abuse.

GASP, the heroine's bamboo sword is a real sword! And it can...cut through the thickest portion of a revolver. Of course.

And the witch is literally an idiot.

And then we're watching Labyrinth.

Sentai adds to their Spring season license collection with Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (under the English title "The Kawai Complex Guide To Manors and Hostel Behavior").

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...filmworks-licenses-the-kawai-complex-guide-to

Sentai Filmworks Licenses "The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior"

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...i-complex-guide-to-manors-and-hostel-behavior
Kawaisou seems like it will definitely be an eventual dvd sub only title, odd pickup. Will most likely watch just to see how it turns out and for the character designs.

CorvoSol

Yami 2

ilkgpcfNrg3K7.jpg

An offering to Corvo, may it serve you well.

So, I guess Youko exists solely for the purpose of physical or sexual abuse.

GASP, the heroine's bamboo sword is a real sword! And it can...cut through the thickest portion of a revolver. Of course.

And the witch is literally an idiot.

And then we're watching Labyrinth.

Don't learn names. Stop learning their names right now. All you need to know is Lesbian Incest with a sword. Idiot Incest with a stupid hat. And of course, the bird of misery.

cnet128

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren 12 END

Damn, I was expecting them to kiss, not jump straight to having babies.
olololol

I thought that was a pretty satisfying way to end the series.
Though it's a little frustrating that we never got to see an actual proper kiss (and boy, did they lampshade the hell out of that), the scene that we did get felt if anything even more intimate than an ordinary kiss would have been.

Fun series was fun.

Kansoku

Hamatora - END

Things continue as chaotic is they were, The girl who eats a lot didn't do anything relevant, Nice has good taste in music, funny little scene, Nice wins, obvious character appear. Nothing to write home about. But, the end. the last scene. What. The. Fuck. And to be continued? I will have to watch more of this.

But anyway, it's Wasted Potential: The Anime.

Articalys

zx7tXfg.png

I knew it.

The less messages I see like this next season, the better.
I still can't comprehend what could have happened with Aniplex US that caused their production pipeline for KLK and Magi subs to collapse like it did, especially since they were both doing okay in the fall.

They also hadn't posted the subbed episode previews for KLK 21 and 22 -- a pair of thirty-second clips -- to Youtube until yesterday.

Tokyo Ravens - END

Absolutely mediocre. Kon was the best thing about this series and I'm not sure how I feel about her transformation. Oh well.

6/10

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I have seen plenty of pandering and harem shows and actually liked many of them but for some reason I really dislike Chuunibyou. I really can't pint point what is problem with it. Maybe I subconsciously think that Kyoto animation should use their talents (and budget) to make actually good shows.... like for example FMP! (I know it's never going to happen).

cnet128

Banned
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 12 END

That was unbelievably sweet. And they didn't miss the chance to get in one more scene of Mashiro being ridiculously adorable either (dat broom).

Perfect final episode. Perfect series. Season 2 (and 3, and 4, and 275) WHEN.

NoTacos

Watched Summer Wars last night. It was good, but not as good as Wolf Children. Currently watching The Princess and the Pilot.

Any other films I should consider watching?

CorvoSol

zx7tXfg.png

I knew it.

The less messages I see like this next season, the better.

Eventually we will reach the point where an entire season will be delayed by an entire season.

Fall 2018 will be 25 recap episodes for every single show. It's going to be magnificent.

I'm just gonna pretend you didn't mean that and you're just feeling the effects of Yami.

Look, maybe if I saw some good yuri and not pandering psycopathic psychic interstellar transdimensional rapists.

cajunator

Banned

seriously. Just about every anime with women in it is pandering to someone. Its pretty much unavoidable.

Whenever I see Izayoi posting I initially think it's madp,haha
image.php

i love that avatar!

Oh man you're right. That's bad news.

NO PLEASE TURN BACK I'M BEGGING YOU TO TURN BACK LINK MAN

makin me want to play that game again. I spent sooooooo much time playing that!

Can't believe I ever used that avatar.

Why? Its a very pretty avy.

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 10

iMd9hdzqgo0g8.jpg

What a gentleman.

So, this show really likes its symbolism, eh?
Taiga's firework burning out as it looks like Ryuji and Minori's relationship might be taking off, nice job there.

And Minorin is the greatest.

NoTacos

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 48

What a payoff for Aiko. Lord knows she earned every last bit of that one.

So I guess Doremi x Aiko was a real thing.

Link Man

Banned
Yuri, The Hat and the Boob Traveler 3

So Hazuki has the power to turn a witch gay, so much so that the witch declares her love and that she'll die without Hazuki after only knowing her for about 5 minutes. And it seems that the bandages around Hazuki's leg are essential, as they remain even when she changes into a swimsuit.

Ah, all the worlds are books. So this is like Princess Tutu.

Suddenly, a flying clown. And a chibi witch that shoots fireworks that can destroy worlds. Wat.

Second half starts with a hilarious death. And Eve(?) is femJesus.

Little boy suggestively sucking on a religious statue's finger while groping it. Wat.

Same boy goes Claude Frollo on Eve.

CorvoSol

Zeta Gundam 16

"You despise me, don't you?"
"No of course not. I want to fuck you because you're famous. I couldn't give a shit about you as a person!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom