• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Digimon Adventures 02 - 11

Lol, it's the everybody shits on Davis episode. He had it coming though.

You can really shave off five minutes every episode by skipping all the digievolutions

Digimon Adventures 02 - 12

"Go whoever"

I guess Deputymon is a more affable Man With No Name reference.

Didn't know you were watching this one! I've actually always liked this one.

Veemon is a bro.

Kirito-kun is ranked higher than Shiroe.

PbiYCwk.gif

I'm done

cajunator

Banned
So expensive...

it was a bit. But they released volumes every couple months so you could save up for several releases and keep up with it.
It just felt more exciting to collect and more involved. Newtype showed all the upcoming artwork and information and made it feel really special. Theres something missing about it now. Maybe because its easier to get anime now and the internet has made everything old news.

Articalys

To be honest I know the rankings don't follow any rhyme or reason and probably should stop posting them, but it's only once a month.

Shergal

Space Dandy 13
Now 3 days ahead!

Great episode, great season finale, damn that animation, etc.

The show started off shaky, the first couple of episodes were hit or miss, but from 7 onwards it was just winner after winner and just what I was expecting from this production. Can't wait for the next batch of eps.

PK Gaming

The Tatami Galaxy 6

Jesus christ, this episode had so much going on... it was pretty unusual, even for TTG!

I really enjoyed Chastity-kun's presence in the english language club. It was refreshing to see him actually excel in a club for once! (And as an aside, the actor's English is fairly good!)

While his antics in the english club were fun, it absolutely pales in comparison to what happened later on. What follows was one of the funniest (and surprisingly candid) thing's i've ever seen in an anime.
Because for the first time ever, he was in control of the situation! A loser like him finally had the chance to score with a gorgeous girl... Seriously, what are the chances? A true miracle, if I ever saw one. Unfortunately for him, she was extremely drunk... it was a bitter pill to swallow, and after a hilarious battle between his "brain" and "johnny" he came to the realization that he could not smash.

Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

That said, it was the right decision to make. Taking advantage of a drunk girl is skeezy as fuck, and you can tell that he just was not ready for that kind of relationship yet. (And his "pride" won't allow it, hehe). Just keep waiting Johnny, it'll happen eventually!

I seriously gained respect for the main protagonist in this episode.

"Ryuuko is the pinnacle of FemChars"

-Newtype Readers, 2014

Serious question here what would be AnimeGAF's suggestion for femchar of the season? I would've chosen Koko from Golden Time if it wasn't for the past 2 episodes. So I'll have to go with Manager-chan from Samumenco.

If someone says Mari so help me god.

Space Dandy 13
Now 3 days ahead!

Great episode, great season finale, damn that animation, etc.

The show started off shaky, the first couple of episodes were hit or miss, but from 7 onwards it was just winner after winner and just what I was expecting from this production. Can't wait for the next batch of eps.

image.php

Did Berserk manga finally come back? Or is he just now starting and won't due to this announcement?

I ask because I've been waiting for them to arrive to that god damn elf island for years now.

jman2050

Serious question here what would be AnimeGAF's suggestion for femchar of the season? I would've chosen Koko from Golden Time if it wasn't for the past 2 episodes. So I'll have to go with Manager-chan from Samumenco.

Nah Banri just went off the deep end and needs serious medical attention. If anything she let him off easy!

Kaiba 9

I wonder if this show's finale will get as trippy as Kemonozume's. There's definitely the potential for it.

It gets pretty trippy alright. I feel the ending works better than Kemonozume's, though, because it's more consistent with Kaiba's trippy world, whereas Kemonozume started off relatively grounded before it ran off the rails.

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy 6

I'm really tempted to rewatch this show as part of my Yuasa marathon, but on the other hand I have other things I want to watch. Why can't I have infinite leisure time. :p

Tatami Galaxy is by the same guy as Eccentric Family, right? They both have vaguely similar morals. I wish there were full translations of the two.

It gets pretty trippy alright. I feel the ending works better than Kemonozume's, though, because it's more consistent with Kaiba's trippy world, whereas Kemonozume started off relatively grounded before it ran off the rails.

I actually liked Kemonozume's ending for this reason,
as the story got darker and crazier, it felt like the world itself was breaking down. Maybe I'm just pretentious. :p
I do see what you mean though. In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

CorvoSol

You don't even know.

I don't even know if the ten second shot at the end means that her not actually mute not actually sister who in spite of growing up with her may not be from her world at all was the one sending her love letters or not because she was going on dates with guys but now I have no fucking idea.

This is what Yami does to you.

Mr.Jeff

Yami 7

HITO, MADP SOMEBODY PLEASE HOLD ME OR KILL ME OR JUST MAKE THIS STOP I DON'T WANNA RIDE THIS RIDE ANYMORE.

This is why I hate yuri anime.
And just think, there's still more to go. I mean how bad can it possibly get eh?

Girls und Panzer 11-END
It was everything I ever wanted and more. It has the happiest ending to all happy endings and I am a fucking mess right now because I am a sucker for good endings.

There's lots of little things that I could nitpick about such as how seemingly little training some of them needed to get good as well as a couple of other plot holes, the really awkwardly bad CG in places where it seems things are floating, some fairly weak and uneven characterisation and a few other bits and pieces but really as a whole product, it delivers really well in it's main premise which is tank fighting. It's not always believable but it's consistently enjoyable.

Also the sound direction was also pretty great as well. From the music to the oh so satisfying sound of shells firing, particularly from the Maus canon.

Waifu ranking: Yukari best. Favourite alternate team outside of the main one: History squad.

Second season when. Day 1.

Nafe

I guess? But these past few seasons aren't exactly dissuading me. When a show has strong female characters that aren't there to please the viewer's fetish I'll give it a try.

there needs to be an epic chess battle shonen anime ala children's hobby show style.

With explosions. And rooks. And hookers.

In fact forget about the explosions and rooks.

I think I'm getting mixed messages here.

Not all of us have reliable memories. :(

I guess some of it is I remember what I liked or didn't like but I personally meant it more towards the number scoring. I'm not really going to care that I gave one show an 8 and another a 9. In the end they're both good to me. I also don't think it matters to give one show a 3 and another a 1. They're both bad in that case.

That and opinions can change. I liked Sailor Moon in the past but I enjoy it even more now. I guess I wouldn't mind hummingbird's system where it's more didn't like/okay/liked type of thing.

As long as we know I was joking. All the K-On I've ever seen seems relatively low on the fan-service side. Like I think I've seen more fan service in Dexter's Lab.

Yeah, I knew you were joking. I was just commenting on those that think older anime is better than newer anime even though there was still a lot of fanservice present. They either ignore it or come up with flimsy hand-waving type excuses that are essentially it's okay because that's when anime was cool or whatever.

Branduil

How long until Miura starts borrowing the CGI models from Studio 4C to finish his manga? ヽ(´ー`)┌

jman2050

I wonder if Namco had ever made a full environment for the office for any of the older iM@S games.

I'm skeptical of gaming with this thing but give me the chance to watch full anime (or other TV shows/movies for that matter) in a 3D environment I can look around and I'm sold immediately.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I knew you were joking. I was just commenting on those that think older anime is better than newer anime even though there was still a lot of fanservice present. They either ignore it or come up with flimsy hand-waving type excuses that are essentially it's okay because that's when anime was cool or whatever.

The last episode of Great Mazinger I watched had a shower scene with Tetsuya and it had a loving shot of his lovingly drawn, muscular glutes with the water just sliding down them.

Stupid Sexy Tetsuya is a thing for me now.

Articalys

Its probably better to just follow it when a new season comes around because its static for a while.
I mean, I'm not really sure what the demographic is on the readership for the magazine. Feels like whatever the cover story it has an effect sometimes too, like when it was Gothicmade and then the next month suddenly the main characters from it were first place or something despite, as far as I know, the movie being more niche.

Midonin

Tears to Tiara 17-20

The conclusion of the battle was pretty well animated. I stand by what I said - Morgan and Octavia are my favorite pairing to watch, and now that they have those coral necklaces, they're sisters to the end. Seeing the way this story mixes and matches religions and mythologies from across the world is an attest to the public domain - in that respect, while it's clear that the characters presented here are similar and clearly influenced by the ones in our world. (ie. Arthur is
training to become a king
, though that's kind of obvious), it's not exactly like it. Things like the (former) two moons make it clear.

And something also reminded me of Z/X. The world's major religion is full of people in white who are huge arses. Annihilating the people on the Earth like your average SimCity player says plenty. I appreciated getting some of Arawn's backstory, as well as finally finding out who the girl from the first ending/inside Riannon is.

All of these things have been foreshadowed - not exactly subtley, Arawn all but said he was the defector 13th Spirit some episodes ago - in a way that's making for a fairly interesting story beyond the point where I left off. Fantasy of this type can seem played out unless some sort of twist is added. This is the first work from Aquaplus I've watched, and if everything's like this, then it's solid storytelling. A bit of a hodgepodge, but it feels fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom