• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Phi Brain S3 ep.25

Well, that was underwhelming in several aspects for a series grand finale.

Not terribly surprised by all the fake deaths, though I do have respect that they actually killed off Jin at the end. Didn't predict that one. Also appreciated using the S1 ending theme to close everything out, and I can at least imagine Nonoha realistically being competent in the future now.

edit: man... there really was a lot of wasted potential with this final season.

:psycho Pass
s4eZWts.png

Saki The Nationals 11

Monocle breaking discard.

Yowamushi Pedal 24

ABS ABS ABS ABS ABS

Nobunaga ZA FOOL 11

Playing that death card pretty heavy here.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 23

Oh my god, Sam's VA is so hilariously terrible. "Idon'tknow whatthisthingis but, immafindout. Now listentome Kenny-boy whateveritisyoudo DON'T TOUCH IT"

ugh so awkward. only great scene was Ken dipping his digivice in the dark ocean and being overwhelmed by the Emperor

"You don't want to find wormon because you want to meet him again! You just don't want to feel guilty over you causing his destruction!"

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 49

Hadzuki's composition was dope. Also probably the best Hadzuki episode in the franchise.

There's two left. I've watched over 200 of these things and there's two left. Two.

cajunator

Banned
So tomorrow we say goodbye to Samumenco and Golden Time. My last two dear shows that havent stop running... not considering shows with 13/26 episodes.

golden Time was at times very nice when Koko was around but I pretty much hate Banri as much as I hate Kirito.

If I had anime VR I would like a boxing sim that let me beat the living shit out of a customizable list of anime characters.

That way every season I could just add in the new anime character I hated most and beat the shit out of them. Double points if I can add clips of their VA making pained sounds.

That's what I would use anime VR for.

I would just surround myself with catgirls in gothic lolita outfits.

Link Man

Banned
Yami 4

Oh hey, it's the king from Wind Waker. And the girl from the last episode now wearing nothing but a corset, bikini bottoms and a cloak. And she heals a princess by...kissing her?

The traditional courtship of this kingdom requires the princes to cosplay as frogs. Wat.

And Ritsuko is everyoung and immortal. And she's in love(?) with the boy who killed a bird right in front of her, and did the same to her mentor that she loved like a mother.

And the boy (Gargantua) is also alive, and has grown into the David Bowie impersonator from the second episode. Oh, and he's an alchemist.

Eyeglasses must cost a fortune in this world, with the amount of glass they would require.

Woah, extreme fish-eye lens.

Oh, and Gargantua is a vampire. Whose bite can rip the clothes right off a girl. Or something.

Stripper cleric to the rescue!

Jeez, it takes her almost a minute to summon those butterflies, and he waves them away in an instant. Nice strategy.

Who let Howard Dean into the recording booth?

And after all that, the princess kills herself. And her soul is a sacrifice to...Lilith? WAT.

Narag

Yami is supposed to tell multiple stories from different books but that whole idea is lost in the clusterfuck. It all blends together and just confuses the viewer.

It's never really made clear at first. Think the intended audience for the anime were the folk that already played the VN!

overcast

Brother's birthday is around the corner, and he loves anime. Would Redline be a good present? He hasn't seen it, looks pretty great.

Any other movie recs would be appreciated. I feel like there is a ton of gold he hasn't seen. Trust me, he's open to any movies too.

CorvoSol

Yami is a tabby with some flabby 8

*Has heard her incest sister's voice exactly one time.
*Instantly recognizes it anyway.
*Girl looks exactly like her sister but isn't.
*Is descended from her sister except can't be because sister took off when she turned 16.
*Some bullshit voice actor/mannerism gag that people who aren't shit weeaboos don't get.

Didn't the bird of misery say something at the start? Was there an overarching plot behind all this? I've forgotten.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 25

Dark Spire Digimon are such a great way to kickstart the next arc, and Ken single-handedly starting off on the investigation is a good way for him to start to redeem himself.

cajunator

Banned
Yami is a tabby with some flabby 8

*Has heard her incest sister's voice exactly one time.
*Instantly recognizes it anyway.
*Girl looks exactly like her sister but isn't.
*Is descended from her sister except can't be because sister took off when she turned 16.
*Some bullshit voice actor/mannerism gag that people who aren't shit weeaboos don't get.

Didn't the bird of misery say something at the start? Was there an overarching plot behind all this? I've forgotten.

Ask Syrinx how special Yami is.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 11

Does it count as a first date if you held her up at gunpoint, bound her with cords and later pointed a knife at her? Chirico ponders this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom