• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
I think Haru gets a little more tolerable as the series goes on, but he's definitely the least likable of the main cast. The show makes it all worthwhile, though.

Yeah I'm getting more used to him. Episode 5 was really good. Looking forward to finishing this show. Probably gonna finish it tonight after work.

cajunator

Banned
Also 75% of the world's holes in cheese.

Good old emmental >3

I don't remember a lot of what history was compulsorily taught in Australian history classes, but for some reason I don't recall a lot about WWI or II, apart from Gallipoli. It's always odd to see what is considered important for a mandatory education. I was always a better ancient historian anyway in school, though these days I find modern history more interesting.

As I got older I got more and more interested in history. It used to be my second least favorite class. now it would probably be my favorite.

Thanks everyone for the responses. And thanks for the ones that went into great detail.

It seems it really is my tastes and maybe I can expand on that. I prefer character motivations and exposition to World Exposition. You guys have commented that it has a social commentary of sorts on our world and a "what-if" like scenarios. It's weird as I usually like what if scenarios. I just have really gotten hung up on those early rituals where it made it seem like they got their powers from deities and can block and unblock powers at will and the all love society.

I can certainly appreciate it trying to do something different. But just because something is abstract or tries to do something different doesn't mean it's good. That's how I view it.

Now I am only 9 episodes away from the end and like I said before I didn't want to attack people's positions because that's not why I asked. I was curious. We will see how the rest of this plays out. If anything I am equally frustrated with myself when it comes to this show. It's because I like some of the politics that dictate the world and the concepts of the powers and how they can corrupt people that fascinate me. Which makes it all the harder for me to understand why it's not clicking. I just feel this could've been done soooo much better.

Also heads up that these early episodes will go into my review even if the end is amazing. If the ending is amazing it will make me question why the rest of the show wasn't. Maybe it will make me retrospectively appreciate certain things like the
Girl and Robot
in Clannad. I won't know till I get there.

I want to like this sooo bad guys.

To be fair I wasn't that crazy about the show either. They
got rid
of my favorite character and then I was all "I guess I'll watch it... but whyyyyyyyyy"

Also I love sci-fi, but this one was a bit too unlike what I usually enjoy. The concept of a utopia with a dark reality has been explored before in short stories I've read, and I liked it there. But the society and the characters outside of my favorite one, were just too weird for me.

Nafe

Speaking of Kawamori, I just watched an anime episode where Nobunaga and a couple of his retainers, along with Jeanne D'Arc, aided by intel from Leonardo da Vinci, go on an infiltration type spy mission at a runway complex on the top of a mountain. Their objective is to try and steal a Giant War armor (this shows name for its mecha) from Julius Caesar so it can help defeat him as he seems to be going AWOL as a member of King Arthur's Round Table. Crazy and entertaining stuff,haha.

This also answers your earlier question Corvo that, yes, I am watching the show.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ah, okay. Well, after watching the English dub of Garzey's Wing, I personally do get a bit of a kick reading others reactions to the show now. Even just having Corvo quoting different lines from the movie made me laugh again because of how silly they are.
Yeah, it's great to see genuine reactions to stuff like that, but I also like to see reactions to legitimately good material too! It's definitely about sharing the love one way or another.

CorvoSol

Speaking of Kawamori, I just watched an anime episode where Nobunaga and a couple of his retainers, along with Jeanne D'Arc, aided by intel from Leonardo da Vinci, go on an infiltration type spy mission at a runway complex on the top of a mountain. Their objective is to try and steal a Giant War armor (this shows name for its mecha) from Julius Caesar so it can help defeat him as he seems to be going AWOL as a member of King Arthur's Round Table. Crazy and entertaining stuff,haha.

This also answers your earlier question Corvo that, yes, I am watching the show.

Maybe I should try and get back into it. I loved the crazy stupid but it got bogged down around the shooting incidents and I got bored of it.

To be fair I wasn't that crazy about the show either. They
got rid
of my favorite character and then I was all "I guess I'll watch it... but whyyyyyyyyy"

Also I love sci-fi, but this one was a bit too unlike what I usually enjoy. The concept of a utopia with a dark reality has been explored before in short stories I've read, and I liked it there. But the society and the characters outside of my favorite one, were just too weird for me.

This is basically word for word how I feel. Thank you.

This is basically word for word how I feel. Thank you.

I'm being very vague because frankly it's been a while since I have watched the show and can't go fully into detail as to why I didn't enjoy it past a certain point. I was skipping throughout episodes after a while.

If I had seen it recently I'd go into more detail.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 25

How did Majo Cross get a million dollars? Magic?

When you get super-expenssive and old Venetian glasses, pouring soda into them seems like it might not be the best idea.

I don't remember a lot of what history was compulsorily taught in Australian history classes, but for some reason I don't recall a lot about WWI or II, apart from Gallipoli. It's always odd to see what is considered important for a mandatory education. I was always a better ancient historian anyway in school, though these days I find modern history more interesting.

When it came to wars the focus were on WWII here when I was in school. Mostly about what happened in Europe and some of the specific events in Norway. A little bit about Pearl Harbor and the atom bombs too though.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah I'm getting more used to him. Episode 5 was really good. Looking forward to finishing this show. Probably gonna finish it tonight after work.

Im glad you can look past his voice. He is a bit grating but I think that was intentional since the show is kind of about tolerance and accepting friends and such. Personally I like the character.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 25

How did Majo Cross get a million dollars? Magic?

When you get super-expenssive and old Venetian glasses, pouring soda into them seems like it might not be the best idea.
It's not really hard to believe that somebody with bank accounts as old as banks themselves wouldn't be pressed for cash, even without magic. Besides, it's not like it's worth much in the witch world.

Benio haters don't seem to mind those that like her, but apparently the opposite isn't true.

I like benio and i don't care about the haters I think she is great and her overreactions are actually going somewhere as they often serve as a second look toward events.

jKhv5uJM1utFf.jpg

Ara, hold your horses boys.
It was simply a question, I didn't say you could touch. They're all mine and you can't have them.
No i have several figurines already

Melody of Oblivion 12

None of this shit means anything.

Don't worry , you can do it ...you must continue.

Nafe

Is julius caeser cool

I think so anyway. He makes for a entertaining enough villain how he's portrayed here.

He's also voiced by Yuichi Nakamura. He's been in a bunch of roles but right now he's voicing Ricardo Fellini, the Italian Dandy, in Gundam Build Fighters. He'll be doing the voice for Tatsuya in Mahouka next season as well. He also does the voice for Hazama in Blazblue if you play(ed) those.

Oh yeah, Julius Caeser also has a vampire brother and sister or something as his subordinates too because why not right?

Syrinx

It's not really hard to believe that somebody with bank accounts as old as banks themselves wouldn't be pressed for cash, even without magic. Besides, it's not like it's worth much in the witch world.

Yeah I guess, interest and all that. Though you'd hope she moves around the money enough so that she's not taking money out of a century-old (or older) account; that would probably catch some eyes.

Nafe

No i have several figurines already

The joke is actually supposed to be that I have animal ears. It started when I posted a picture of Holo visually demonstrating my feelings towards that recent Sailor Moon thread. Narag had commented that I have animal ears and it went on to that post there,haha.

Theonik

Say it again, why Yowamushi Pedal can't have 2d cycling?
http://i.imgur.com/Q1XpC2h.gif
And this is not even the first time.
Vehicles, especially in a show like this are very easy to do with CG because you can model them once and it decreases your animation time substantially. This GIF reminds me of Golden Boy btw.

http://i6.minus.com/jKhv5uJM1utFf.jpg

Ara, hold your horses boys.
It was simply a question, I didn't say you could touch. They're all mine and you can't have them.
*sugita mode*
WHAT A CRUEL FATE WHERE I CAN'T TOUCH THE FLUFFY EARS. MOFU MOFU
MOFU MOFU LISTEN TO THEM THEY ARE CALLING ME
*end sugita*

The tail is off limits as well
*sugita mode*
NAAAAAAAANIIIII?! OH-NO! SHINJIRENAI!

OH.MY.GOD
*end sugita*

Binary designations of "loli" and "not-loli" seem to insufficient, it might require establishing a sliding scale to determine levels between loli and non-loli and provide a much finer data set.
This is exactly the kind of problem the loliliciousness metric was created to solve.

Isn't everyone who fought in WWII just about dead, though? I mean, my grampa is a WWII vet and he's like, 93.
Some of them kept fighting until 1974 even But really of course there is still bitter people. Hell, even in the US.
Remember the people who were saying that Japan deserved the 2010 Tsunami because of Perl Harbor... Or you still have people flying confederate flags. You shouldn't be surprised at the extents of human stupidity.

Well doesn't help that Japan's education system doesn't even teach WW2 properly to the omitance of the atrocities committed to the Chinese.
Nice Avatar.

Maybe I should try and get back into it. I loved the crazy stupid but it got bogged down around the shooting incidents and I got bored of it.
The silly arrow mech sniping was toned down and now we have Julius Caesar riding a mecha horse with his mecha.

From the New World 17
526x297-2-d.jpg

Hey! That's how I looked when I was watching episodes 8-15

Hahahaha. I knew that they would do another time skip. I freaking knew it.

I like when they get into the politics and it gets tense. This was one of those episodes not unlike episode 14. It's these type of episodes that I get into it. So the episode was pretty interesting. Just don't mess this up. Every time they time skip they set up an interesting premise only for it to get derailed. I hope for once that doesn't happen. Things are finally interesting for once.

Now that Saki is much older I find I don't care much about the all love society. Maybe the fact they were kids the last 16 episodes was probably what was throwing me off. But the thing is now all of a sudden this all love society isn't prevalent in the show which is a good/bad thing. On one hand it makes the creators look like all they cared about is children "loving" each other. On the other they are ignoring it for now which good for them. It doesn't need to be in this show anymore. But I am just jumping to conclusions. This is just how my mind wonders during and after episodes. Trying to break down what's happening. Not accusing the creators of anything yet. I reiterate the show would've been better without the all love of the character Saki earlier on. So far it has added nothing to the core story.

New ED is also in this episode. Kind of liked the old one more.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 4

"Pick which ever AT you want, Chirico! They have all kinds here! Green AND Purple!"

Also Chirico just had a Newtype moment.

cajunator

Banned
The joke is actually supposed to be that I have animal ears. It started when I posted a picture of Holo visually demonstrating my feelings towards that recent Sailor Moon thread. Narag had commented that I have animal ears and it went on to that post there,haha.

Yeah but its fun to think about touching Holo's ears.

Articalys

I don't know why duckroll didn't crosspost this here...
http://jojo-animation.com/

The official site has updated with the full staff and OP theme info.

Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Kenichi Suzuki
Chief Unit Director: Toshiyuki Kato
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Masahiko Komino
Stand Design/Action Animation Director: Fumiaki Kouta
Stand Design/Sub Character Design: Shinichi Machida
Music: Yuugo Kanno

Mostly the same guys who worked on the first one, some in different capacities. The animation directors are better though, so hopefully it'll make a difference. The composer is the guy who did Psycho-Pass.

The OP theme is "Stand Proud" by Jin Hashimoto.

Hunter X Hunter -121

I wish i could store my Rage and use it later as i wish

Will Hunter x hunter stop outputting so many awesome episodes ? And the 2 bigs main fights haven't started yet.

From the New World 18

Sigh.

You know there was a few times in this episode I actually went "Holy crap that was awesome!" followed by "Wait what's going on? Why did a
blue woman spirit thing fly out of him
?"

That happens way too often.

The
Maria
bit at the end was... idk. I am so conflicted right now. This isn't Sci-fi. This is supernatural/fantasy.

Log Horizon is incredible just watched episode 16 why aren't more people watching this its so good

If you mean in general, probably because the art style/simplistic animation might've turned them away from it at first. The show gives off the appearance of being forgettable, but it ended up being the surprise show of the past 2 seasons.

If you meant in GAF, I think a lot of folks here watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom