• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Spring has surprisingly good source material.

Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou 6:30 EX (4/6)
No clue

Dragonball Kai 9:00 CX (4/6)
Supposedly remastered and filler-free. I'll believe it when I see it

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate Hen 10:00 TX (3/9)
An anime to sell stuff I guess

Haikyuu!! 17:00 MBS (4/6)
Liked the manga. Its about volleyball

Baby Steps 17:30 NHK (4/6)
No idea whatsoever. Something about sports, looks like tennis?

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 22:00 MX (4/6)
I could not make heads nor tails of the manga's plot. Apparently this is by the studio that brought us Elfen Lied, and that was awesome.

Love Live! Season 2 22:30 MX (4/6)
Its love live

Break Blade 23:00 MX (4/6)
Mech anime. Not much source material to go on

Isshuukan Friends 24:00 MX (4/6)
Supposedly a tear-jerker about friends. One loses her memories of anyone and anything outside of her family every week

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara 24:30 MX (4/6)
Raise your flags!! Manga even has a little bit of plot

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 25:05 MX (4/7)
Manga was alright I guess.

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 25:35 MX (4/21)
About a distorted area know as "avidya zone", possibly the least creative name for an alternate dimension ever.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 21:00 Niconico (4/15)
Cat-lovers and Dog-lovers unite!

Mahou Shoujo Taisen 21:55 MX (4/8)
Project originally created for the otaku TV programme 2.5 Chigen TV. Each 47 characters represent 47 different Japanese prefectures, with their seiyuu born in said prefecure.

Black Bullet 22:30 AT-X (4/8)
Liked the manga. It seems like the art style was revamped though

Soul Eater Not! 25:40 TX (4/8)
Its not soul eater

No Game No Life 21:30 AT-X (4/9)
Manga presented an interesting concept and plot. Too bad its not updated much. There's a LN though

Hitsugi no Chaika 25:05 MX (4/9)
Manga was pretty fun. Has actual plot too.

Fuuun Ishin Dai Shougun TBD MX (4/9)
Another history-revising anime

Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi 22:00 MX (4/10)
Mmmmm an atelier anime. Me likey

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka? 22:30 MX (4/10)
Cute girls doing cute things

Ping Pong THE ANIMATION 24:30 CX (4/10)
Man they put like no effort into the title did they? Art style is also pretty old school

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 25:20 CX (4/10)
Female MC was killed when she was 10, haunts male MC who moved into the house she is haunting. Its a mystery anime!

Blade and Soul 25:46 TBS (4/3)
I expect out-of-this-world body proportions and insane animations, or I will be sorely disappointed. Another MMO anime to join the ranks of SAO(vomit) and Log Horizon.

Sidonia no Kishi 25:49 MBS (4/10)
Genetically engineered humans, mechs(guardians), and nearly indestructible aliens. Everything you want in a sci-fi.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 26:16 TBS (4/3)
High school romantic comedy. Produced by those who gave us ore no seishun and tonari no kaibutsu-kun though, so I'll have to at least check it out

Akuma no Riddle 26:19 MBS (4/3)
Survival anime. Seems as though there's not enough source material for its scheduled 12 episodes though.

Selector Infected WIXOSS 26:49 MBS (4/3)
Another card game anime? This time with cute girls

Mushishi Zoku Shou 24:00 MX (4/4)
The return of mushishi

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 24:30 MX (4/4)
Its JoJo. Enough said.

Date a Live II 25:35 MX (4/11)
Kurumi best girl.

Pretty Rhythm: All Star Selection 10:00 TX (4/5)
Another pretty rhythm anime.

FAIRY TAIL 10:30 TX (4/5)
Its back after a hiatus to let the manga run a bit.

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 17:30 ytv (4/5)
Its been 14 years since the last season aired. Still has that old art style.

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler 18:30 AT-X (4/5)
Mech anime with a twist. In order to pilot these mechs, the MC has to generate sexual eroticism in the form of “Hi-ERo particles”. Mmmmmm

Seikoku no Dragonar 20:30 AT-X (4/5)
Light novel was pretty good. Interesting setting I suppose. Dragons are always welcome.

Mekaku City Actors 24:00 MX (4/12)
Source material for this one was actually the Kagero Project, which was itself inspired by a series of vocaloid songs.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 24:30 MX (4/5)
Light novel only picks up after a few volumes. I expect it to either be rushed to shit like SAO or very boring until the end or the second season. Also Miyuki fanclub is gonna be huge.

Kamigami no Asobi 25:00 MX (4/5)
Bishie anime.

Kiniro no Chord: Blue Sky 25:50 TX (4/5)
Adapted from the 3rd visual novel in the Kin’iro no Corda series. I haven't played the VN so I have no idea what to expect.

Captain Earth 25:58 MBX (4/5)
MC mysteriously drawn to an island and finds a mech. All of a sudden, mysterious mechanical life-forms from Uranus attack.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii 26:20 TX (4/5)
I actually like the manga for this. A princess who was sent to marry the Sun King decides to show him how beautiful the world really is. Cue accusations of her being a shotacon.

Quasar

Golden Time finale

I feel like the show was trying to say something about the nature of identity and how fragile it can be, but really don't know what about the end result. So ultimately,
identity is essentialized and can never be erased, even with a case of double amnesia
? If that's true, it basically erases the identities of both Banris, which feels a bit strange given how insistent both characters were about asserting themselves.

It was kind of odd to me how much they tried to assert the uniqueness of their personalities when they were so similar aside from the memories they had. And its not like they could not have argued that a person's memories in part shape their personality.

Still even with the poor argument about identity I really liked the show a lot. And I guess its all down to Koko. Without Koko there'd be no show for me.

jman2050

Golden Time maybe bit off a bit more than it could chew from a thematic standpoint. Toradora's themes were simple and straightforward and didn't need to be anything more, and it worked well. Dealing with questions of self-identity and existentialism is an excellent source of drama that is easy to relate to, but it's surprisingly tricky to establish a plausible setting and scenario from which to put forth said themes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I thought that was good? I mean, Magnificent Seven was. Unless Samurai Seven is different from what I'm thinking of.

The best parts of the show are lifted wholesale from the movie and if you thought BONES original material was terrible, you haven't experienced GONZO original material.

Jintor

Kill la Kill 24 - END -

What a dumb show. I dunno, I kinda felt a bit hype at some moments, but the whole thing just oscilates so weirdly that it's hard to maintain anything for it overall. TTGL was a dumb show that took itself seriously enough you could be invested in it, but any attempts on KLK's part towards drama just constantly felt unearned. This more than anything else felt rushed, actually, which... well, I guess it was, but in such a way like they were just rifling through plot points rather than making the audience think about anything.

Whatever. It was a fun, stupid ride, for the most part and I hope Trigger can go and make something better than it.

Quasar

Golden Time maybe bit off a bit more than it could chew from a thematic standpoint. Toradora's themes were simple and straightforward and didn't need to be anything more, and it worked well. Dealing with questions of self-identity and existentialism is an excellent source of drama that is easy to relate to, but it's surprisingly tricky to establish a plausible setting and scenario from which to put forth said themes.

I do wonder if the books treated it better given more time and it easier to get inside characters heads.

CorvoSol

The best parts of the show are lifted wholesale from the movie and if you thought BONES original material was terrible, you haven't experienced GONZO original material.

You know, it's entirely possible I haven't experienced GONZO original material.

I mean, off the top of my head, the only shows that I watched that I know were GONZO are FMP S1, Glass Fleet, and Gankutsuou. The first two are based on LNs and the last is based on just a regular N.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
kill la kill 24
xcVtpxu.jpg
This really sucked. Like, it's almost incomprehensible just how horrible this was. In spite of the glacial pacing for the last few episodes this finale felt like it just vomited all its remaining ideas all over itself. This episode winds up frenetically leaping around between its large cast, flashing between brief scenes of each that fail to offer even the slightest amount of satisfaction. Even a direct confrontation with the main bad guy is pushed off screen while in motion, the show growing just as bored of what's going on as I am. At the end of the day pretty much every character besides Ryuko is rendered meaningless, the villains stripped of their personality and the heroes completely useless.
Somehow the contrivance that most of the cast can't move doesn't make this episode any less ugly, but it also doesn't feel like the characters are really being helpful, and it makes the extraordinarily long build to bring everyone to the final battle all that much more confusing.

All of the action is ineptly executed. The strengths and weaknesses of combatants is rarely communicated, and characters quickly shift between seeming invincible to taking some pointlessly fatal blow for seemingly no reason. There are loads of really lame fake outs in this episodes, but even before seeing through the lies there isn't any impact to anything because the show always seems to be so ashamed of its content that everything comes as a punchline. The very final battle is atrociously handled.
Characters float and stand around meaninglessly in space, one contestant an immobile blob that spews spiked tentacle attacks that lack any punch or choreography, and the other a super-powered Ryuko who only specializes in getting stabbed.
The verbal back and forth also carries all the bite of what you'd find on an elementary school playground, and this underwhelming conclusion does nothing but iterate how lost and hopeless Kill la Kill has been.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I mean, off the top of my head, the only shows that I watched that I know were GONZO are FMP S1, Glass Fleet, and Gankutsuou. The first two are based on LNs and the last is based on just a regular N.

I still want to hurt the person who thought The Capital City Arc was a good idea.

Golden Time Episode 24 - Finale

This is the first full season series I've watched in over 6 years. This series had it bumps, it's delights, and it's insane moments. Wasn't very difficult to make this episode better than 23, which was just absurdly awful.

I'm surprised they took the route they did. I actually enjoyed it, although I still feel bad for a certain individual.

I'm not one to speak on Amnesia, but I don't doubt what happened is something that could possibly occur.

Still, was nice to get one last colorful episode that will hold me off until whenever I get the Vita game. It was a fun ride.

Jintor

I agree with dimb's analysis of the action especially. Very lame fights overall.

Most of the neat bits of animation in this finale were just transformation sequences or whatever. I rather liked the double attack with Satsuki and Ryuuko early on.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 24 END

I'm glad I watched this after Chuu2-2's finale, so I could be reminded that yes, it IS possible to end a romcom in a satisfying way!

2D-Kun is the bro-est of bros. There actually isn't really all that much to say here, really. The episode revolved around a few major plot points, and it all resolved very well. In fact, from a purely romantic standpoint, I dare say it resolved better than Toradora did. At least in regards to the very end. I mean, I won't say it had a better ending as a whole, but as far as seeing the main characters together and happy at the end...yeah, I think it did that better. Now if Toradora the anime had ended the way the LN did, maybe I wouldn't be saying this. But anyway, back to Golden Time. Poor Linda lost out hard, though. And we never did get any resolution on the whole Yana/Chinami/Linda love triangle. In fact poor Yana barely had two lines in the whole episode.

So yeah, despite the big plot point of the show being fairly shaky, realism-wise (amnesia does not work that way), still a wonderful romcom with memorable characters and a satisfying ending. Great stuff!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kill La Kill 24 END

What a glorious finale. It was pretty much everything I hoped for and expected
except no definite confirmation of MakoxIra, DAMN YOU TRIGGER DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL
. It's a pretty-by-the-numbers shonen finale, but cranked up to 11 and unapologetic.

And really that's what this show has been. An unabashed and dumb shonen-like show that's been such a fucking blast to watch these past weeks, and I've been just fine with that. Ryuuko might've been a pretty sub-par protagonist, but the cavalcade of characters that surrounded her made the show, end of story. With some absolutely glorious visuals to boot.

There are undoubtedly more original and thought-provoking works out, to be sure, but this has been high octane experience cut from the same cloth as the best popcorn-gulping Hollywood blockbusters. I had an absolutely ball watching this and it truly has been one hell of a ride.

cajunator

Banned

One of my favorites, though flawed, is Shangri La.
MHbUUUn.jpg

Kill La Kill was a massive disappointment. It could of have been so much more but what we got was a joke of a story with joke characters and poor animation. Naruto Shippuuden had better fighting animation than Kill La Kill which is simply shocking when one os made by such a good studio and is 24 episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
Space Dandy 13-

applause2.gif

This stands up there with the best of the Space Dandy episodes and is easily one of the best episodes this season. I think this is actually the best out of the initial 13. Strong action storyboarding, good character depth, great character interactions, the songs in this episode were out of this world, the art direction was on point, and the emotions were all there.

Fucking Dai Sato bringing the goods and Shingo Natsume delivering them. Dat OST was giving me Daft Punk vibes.

Really phenomenal episode. People watching this for the first time on Saturday are in for a real treat.

Blablurn

Finished Another yesterday

Was alright. The ending was a lil crazy
when almost everbody died
. The explanation for everything was a lil anticlimatic in the end. Was hoping for something bigger.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shows from this season alone that have had better action sequences than Kill la Kill:
Magi
Space Dandy
Witch Craft Works
Zvezda
Noragami
Wizard Barristers
Gundam Build Fighters
Robot Girls Z
Sakura Trick

Jarmel

Banned
Y'all can't complain about Space Dandy being disappointing anymore. The show has been firing on full cylinders for awhile now and it delivered the best episodes this season.

Crocodile

Kill La Kill was a massive disappointment. It could of have been so much more but what we got was a joke of a story with joke characters and poor animation. Naruto Shippuuden had better fighting animation than Kill La Kill which is simply shocking when one os made by such a good studio and is 24 episodes.

I'm not sure you're entitled to this statement just because of how little of the show you've actually watched. You're just piggybacking off those who have watched most/all of it and called it shit :/ (They get to do that though because they've seen more than two episodes :p)

Y'all can't complain about Space Dandy being disappointing anymore. The show has been firing on full cylinders for awhile now and it delivered the best episodes this season.

Seriously. Having just completed Noragami (I'll write a bit about it later) I have to wonder if people were watching the same shows I was when they call Noragami the best show/best BONES show of the season.

Jex

Eh while I can certainly agree that the first episodes were the worst I still don't really like the series overall, just a handful of episodes. I can accept that episodes I don't like are well made, I just don't care for them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 24 END

Pretty by-the-numbers finale, and really good, although much less satisfying than it could have been.
The audience didn't get the satisfaction of seeing Nui get what's coming to her, and Ragyo sorta kinda had the last laugh in a way, in that she got to die on her own terms instead of by Ryuko's hand. Also no explicit confirmation of Mako X Ira, though I suspect that's what the OVA will be for. There's an OVA coming, right? I thought I heard that much. Also my prediction was wrong. Hououmaru ended up amounting to exactly nothing in the end. Bah.

Anyway, KLK was a good show. Not great, and maybe not what some people were expecting. It was basically the anime equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster/popcorn action movie. And in that regard, it was completely successful.

Also dat short-haired Satsuki. Hnnnnnnnnnngh.

Jarmel

Banned
Eh while I can certainly agree that the first episodes were the worst I still don't really like the series overall, just a handful of episodes. I can accept that episodes I don't like are well made, I just don't care for them.

There are definitely a few duds but I think that will almost always be the case for a true episodic show. The later episodes though have really nailed what they set out to do compared to some of the earlier ones, and as such I don't think it's fair for people to deride it as another overhyped BONES show when you have episodes like 10 and 13 coming out.

Shergal

Seriously. Having just completed Noragami (I'll write a bit about it later) I have to wonder if people were watching the same shows I was when they call Noragami the best show/best BONES show of the season.

Noragami is a better show than Space Dandy, I'd say. It's a more complete package that delivers on its promise with top-notch production on all fronts. Space Dandy is more like a disparate collection of episodes, with almost nothing threading them together, so it's hard to really put it in the same place with how inconsistent it can get.
I'll say though, the best episodes of Space Dandy entertained me more than Noragami. They make for better highs when they give talented creators freedom to do whatever and they deliver.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Sakura Trick 11

Man, I don't know about this new replacement character.

Finally! Something of note actually happens!

Well, it should be mildly interesting to see them get this wrapped up.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Kill la Kill 24 END

Pretty by-the-numbers finale, and really good, although much less satisfying than it could have been.
The audience didn't get the satisfaction of seeing Nui get what's coming to her, and Ragyo sorta kinda had the last laugh in a way, in that she got to die on her own terms instead of by Ryuko's hand. Also no explicit confirmation of Mako X Ira, though I suspect that's what the OVA will be for. There's an OVA coming, right? I thought I heard that much. Also my prediction was wrong. Hououmaru ended up amounting to exactly nothing in the end. Bah.

Anyway, KLK was a good show. Not great, and maybe not what some people were expecting. It was basically the anime equivalent of a Hollywood blockbuster/popcorn action movie. And in that regard, it was completely successful.

Also dat short-haired Satsuki. Hnnnnnnnnnngh.

Did you just rewrite my post? o_O

duckroll

If there's some sort of "best episode" discussion, Space Dandy will probably show up more than Noragami. But as far as a "best show" discussion goes for the season, I think many people who watched all the Noragami and all of Space Dandy will agree that Noragami is a more consistent show, and has stronger characters and relationships. The action in Noragami is often also more meaningful because there's more weight behind it, as opposed to random stuff for the sake of animation.

I've enjoyed Space Dandy a lot since episode 4, but I find that I still don't really care about any of the characters. That's part of what the show requires though, since any given episode needs to be able to kill off any or all characters for the lulz if whoever is writing or directing it feels like doing that. It's a super creative episodic show, but as a comedy it isn't that funny, and the dramatic beats are hit or miss. It's very well produced, but most of the time it does feel like more of a technical show off.

Tomorrow I need to do a write-up about Great Teacher Onizuka. I haven't outright obsessed over a franchise as much as this one in a while. Everything as been amazing. Jesus Christ.

Broank

Kill la Kill finale was pretty much everything I expected. Especially loved the whole
Ryuko reentry
sequence/catch. My cold heart actually felt some emotions!

I'm not sure you're entitled to this statement just because of how little of the show you've actually watched. You're just piggybacking off those who have watched most/all of it and called it shit :/ (They get to do that though because they've seen more than two episodes :p)

I have had the displeasure of watching 4 episodes. I can't, won't and really don't want to watch anymore episodes.

I'm not one of those people that watches an entire anime when I can see the first few episodes are shit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best episode this season is Chuuni REN 10.

Anyway, Kill la Kill explained away its incomprehensible ending by making incomprehensibility a super power within the show. Told by Imaishi.

Link Man

Banned
Yami 9

Did...did those ninjas just "squee"?

Hazuki's sword is so powerful, one slice can cause ninjas to evaporate into light. I have seen no indication that these ninjas are illusions.

Ceiling Lilith watches you masturbate. Actually, knowing Hazuki, that's not too far off from the truth.

Yeah, I doubt a sword swing could create enough wind to put out a torch, much less a ring of fire. But this is Hazuki, and literally nothing stands in her way.

Wait a minute, just had a realization about her sword. Maybe it's the letter opener from the first episode, and since they're traveling in books, it makes sense for it to be powerful, as it's cutting paper!

Oh hey, we are finally given a formal introduction to the elf, and his name is Aya.

I always hate when I go to get a drink of water, and end up in another dimension.

You know, this series would make a lot more sense if Gargantua turned out to be a grow-up Fakir (Princess Tutu). The dance poses, the book motif, the moodiness.

Ah, so Lilith can pretty much control anything in these worlds. So why is she so useless in Hazuki's adventures, again?

Manservice!

Gargantua has the most hilarious scream, as noted before.

...Eve is Lilith's little sister. This was just thrown out as a passing remark. And her "Souma" is the source of eternal life.

So does this mean Hazuki is immortal now too, since she was bathed in this "Souma"?

Lilith takes a book into a book. I'll abstain from the obvious joke. Gargantua can use this book to...create...whatever he...imagines.

Yep, he is Fakir.

Gee, I wonder why everyone treats you like an idiot, Lilith.

Edit: Wow, that preview made absolutely 0 sense.

Jintor

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 02

This show is pretty funny.

I'd normally be pretty tired of all the rom-com bullshit "oops accidentally touched your boobs" but it mixes it so well with the potential horror/weird angle shots etc. that it comes out pretty entertainingly funny.

If there's some sort of "best episode" discussion, Space Dandy will probably show up more than Noragami. But as far as a "best show" discussion goes for the season, I think many people who watched all the Noragami and all of Space Dandy will agree that Noragami is a more consistent show, and has stronger characters and relationships. The action in Noragami is often also more meaningful because there's more weight behind it, as opposed to random stuff for the sake of animation.

That just seems like calling one genre inherently better than another to me. It's absurdist episodic humor, so I don't know if it's fair to ask for it to be more meaningful than a sometimes serious action show with an overarching plot.

I've enjoyed Space Dandy a lot since episode 4, but I find that I still don't really care about any of the characters. That's part of what the show requires though, since any given episode needs to be able to kill off any or all characters for the lulz if whoever is writing or directing it feels like doing that. It's a super creative episodic show, but as a comedy it isn't that funny, and the dramatic beats are hit or miss. It's very well produced, but most of the time it does feel like more of a technical show off.

I don't know. I'd call that weird plant episode the only technical show off one, and even that had its own pay-off complimenting the visuals rather than being overshadowed by them. There's a lot of creativity put into the self-contained stories and jokes without being overly nonsensical based on the episode set ups. It's not Bobobo or Sexy Commando which thrives on randomness.

And it doesn't mean much since comedy is subjective, but I've found quite a few moments damn hilarious. Pretty much the entire back end of the cat planet episode had me cracking up.

It's kind of weird that I'm defending an episodic show over a shounen action.

Those fucking face man. You aren't human if you don't cracked up seeing them.

You really cannot. His faces are just too amazing for words. Also the two openings are out of this world.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 02

This show is pretty funny.

I'd normally be pretty tired of all the rom-com bullshit "oops accidentally touched your boobs" but it mixes it so well with the potential horror/weird angle shots etc. that it comes out pretty entertainingly funny.

Honestly that romcom aspect isn't as played out here as in other shows. In fact this is one of my favorite romances because there's actual progress throughout the show, instead of just confessing at the end or one of them acting tsundere throughout. They're a very cute, if uncommon, couple. Also the horror aspect is done surprisingly well. Lord knows it's done better than Another.

In fact the only anime that had me creeped out at times, outside of Mushishi, was Ghost Hunt. Which not many in AnimeGAF have seen, highly recommended. It's structured like a western episodic show. Think Ghostbusters meets Supernatural.

duckroll

That just seems like calling one genre inherently better than another to me. It's absurdist episodic humor, so I don't know if it's fair to ask for it to be more meaningful than a sometimes serious action show with an overarching plot.

But that's not what I said at all. Why don't you try reading it again? I did not make any judgement on inherent quality. I was explaining why one show has an advantage over the other when people tend to think of how good an overall series is. Since "best" of anything is really a matter of taste and the feeling people get from what they enjoy, understanding viewer psychology is important to knowing why certain conclusions would be drawn.

cajunator

Banned
Yami 9

Did...did those ninjas just "squee"?

Hazuki's sword is so powerful, one slice can cause ninjas to evaporate into light. I have seen no indication that these ninjas are illusions.

Ceiling Lilith watches you masturbate. Actually, knowing Hazuki, that's not too far off from the truth.

Yeah, I doubt a sword swing could create enough wind to put out a torch, much less a ring of fire. But this is Hazuki, and literally nothing stands in her way.

Wait a minute, just had a realization about her sword. Maybe it's the letter opener from the first episode, and since they're traveling in books, it makes sense for it to be powerful, as it's cutting paper!

Oh hey, we are finally given a formal introduction to the elf, and his name is Aya.

I always hate when I go to get a drink of water, and end up in another dimension.

You know, this series would make a lot more sense if Gargantua turned out to be a grow-up Fakir (Princess Tutu). The dance poses, the book motif, the moodiness.

Ah, so Lilith can pretty much control anything in these worlds. So why is she so useless in Hazuki's adventures, again?

Manservice!

Gargantua has the most hilarious scream, as noted before.

...Eve is Lilith's little sister. This was just thrown out as a passing remark. And her "Souma" is the source of eternal life.

So does this mean Hazuki is immortal now too, since she was bathed in this "Souma"?

Lilith takes a book into a book. I'll abstain from the obvious joke. Gargantua can use this book to...create...whatever he...imagines.

Yep, he is Fakir.

Gee, I wonder why everyone treats you like an idiot, Lilith.

Edit: Wow, that preview made absolutely 0 sense.

We are most assuredly reading these.

Jarmel

Banned
Still got this coming in the Fall* season:

http://moca-news.net/article/20140328/201403281200a/01/
(*technically not confirmed for Fall yet, but there's pretty much no other place for it to go since it's confirmed for 2014 and Free S2 is a virtual lock for Summer even though it hasn't technically been confirmed for that season either)

One thing that strikes me about the art is the background work. It looks like some sort of pastel element to it and I'm wondering if that'll carry through to the show.

I also like the tone of the visual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom