• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
That title was talked about and recommended to me a long time ago but I never got around to it. I guess cause it's Shojo, and I prefer more Shonen stuff. I will check it out though. Maybe not right away but I know it's a highly praised show. Thanks. I totally forgot about this show.

I definitely recommend it. That show brought the feels but overall made me feel like I just watched something very sweet and fulfilling.

e_i

Sakura Trick episode 12

Sweet ending to a sweet show. Way to go
Mitsuki!
Too bad that
Haruka is dumber than a rock.

Mortemis

Banned
Did anyone simulcast the first season of Jojo? I honestly can't remember, I don't think crunchyroll picked it up. Hope they get the new season though.

Anyways, I'm pretty glad this season is almost over. Other than the shows that carried on from Fall, I only really enjoyed Noragami, Seki-kun, D-Frag, and Space Dandy. Which is good enough, 4 good shows is better than other seasons. But I'm glad we're finally moving to Spring. I'm so hyped for Jotaro I can't wait. Just having Jojo makes Spring the better season for me, even if it hasn't started.

Oh, and Samumenco's ending was A+. Lmao

Gbraga

Did anyone simulcast the first season of Jojo? I honestly can't remember, I don't think crunchyroll picked it up. Hope they get the new season though.

Anyways, I'm pretty glad this season is almost over. Other than the shows that carried on from Fall, I only really enjoyed Noragami, Seki-kun, D-Frag, and Space Dandy. Which is good enough, 4 good shows is better than other seasons. But I'm glad we're finally moving to Spring. I'm so hyped for Jotaro I can't wait. Just having Jojo makes Spring the better season for me, even if it hasn't started.

Oh, and Samumenco's ending was A+. Lmao

This season is the stand season, correct?

Krogan

True Tears 1-13 END

The show looked interesting so I gave it a watch. Overall it was ok. It tried to be drama heavy but there wasn't a good reason for the drama. The mom hating on Hiromi was kind of odd, and how the dad noticed it but didn't say anything. The best thing about this show was Noe, and it sucks that she had to be a tragic character. Nothing good came to her in this show. Nothing at all. But she was undoubtedly the best thing in this show. Also, I did not understand why Noe even liked the main character. There was no reason for her to.

Oh man True Tears...thats one show I regret watching. So many bonehead characters decisions
"If you go out with the girl I'm in love with I'll go out with your sister."

Are there any others worth watching? Also I hated Clannad and Air. So no Key shit. Don't consider Angel Beats to be Key.

I'll second Amagami SS, by far my favorite romance anime.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 45

Owikawa trades Ken to Draemon, but Davis interferes. The digidestined turn up and team up with Ken's dark feelings to toss Draemon into a dark portal, but Owikawa takes advantage of the confusion to dump the spore-infested kids and take off.

Tokyo ravens - 24

now that is an ending i can accept for many reasons
Tokyo%20Ravens%20-%2024.jpg

Next season of course !
First many of the sub plot are solved ( even if they open new ones ) but it's the perfect setup for more. Now this is how you tease

Second there actually was fights to watch ..and many dramatic moments

KON IS THE BEST FAMILIAR
This can't be contested... based Kon you're the best

Ohtomo teacher of fall + winter : best teacher again .The guy is just so good , so cheated , so crazy ...but he is a guy that makes mistakes and that's great too.

Tokyo ravens actually did a lot of things right for his first season and managed to end of a good note ..
As a whole despite a bit of uncessary drama tokyo ravens was at his best when they were having omyouji battles aand at their worst when they were too serious for their own good. : 7/10 solid anime.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakura Trick - 12 [END]

TeZqCxN.png

Pure love. Best love.

Praise Sakura Trick for saving the winter season. This show has been incredibly enjoyable from start to finish and words cannot express how grateful I am that this show was able to get greenlit for production. The music was solid, the visuals were gorgeous, and all the characters were loveable and will leave a lasting impression in my heart. While I would've loved to see more relationship development between the likes of Kotone x Shizuku and Yuzu x Kaede, I can understand their focus on Yuu x Haruka as they are the main leads in the show. Big props to them for having
Mitsuki confess her love for Haruka and being aggressive in pursuing her love in the final episode.
Honestly, I didn't think they would go the distance with that and instead have her take the
"admire her from afar"
approach like the typical threat/intruder would in a feelgood story like this. Even more surprising is the reveal that
Mitsuki's Vice President-Rina Sakai- has feelings for her
. I'm a sucker for happy endings and I absolutely loved this scene as it gave me the reassurance that
would be able to experience her own pure love, even if it was not with Haruka

The kissing scenes in this were top notch. The hand grazing, the small love pecks, the luscious wet sound effects of lip smacking as their moans blended together in blissful harmony as their tongues danced among each other was just out of this world. So sensual, so pure and beautiful. The way Haruka and Yuu would stare at one another while lustfully while calling each other's name for more was absolute magic. Other shows should take notes because this is how kissing is done.

Without a doubt my #1 pick for AOTY. This show delivered on all fronts and gave me what I've been waiting for for so long. Praise be to the savior of Winter '14, Sakura Trick be thy name.

PK Gaming

The Tatami Galaxy - END

Tatami-Galaxy-TRAVIS-1.jpg

When my friend suggested I watch this, I wasn't sure what to expect. The trailer I saw beforehand made me dizzy, and I wasn't too fond of the character designs or the frenetic pace. That couldn't be farther from the truth now; I love everything about this show. The characters, the plotlines, the music, the atmosphere... it all just comes together very well. The Tatami Galaxy was simultaneously funny, cute, bizarre, charming, melancholic, sweet and sad. Speaking as someone who's "been" where the protagonist is (or rather, is still there) this anime spoke to me on a spiritual level. The protagonist spends all this time trying to achieve a "'rose-colored campus" (an impossible idealized version of college), and fails every time. At the end
he manages to forget achieving his ideal college dream, and just move on with his life. Take that first step forward. Ask the girl you've been pining for the entire series out to ramen. Don't sit around and do nothing; get and do something, even if its not what you envisioned.

I pretty much liked every episode equally, but the final 2 episodes in particular stand out.
I loved the role reversal with the protagonist and Ozu at the end (it was by far my favorite scene in the entire anime)

Anyway, i'm not really good at getting my point across. Suffice it to say, I had a good time with this anime. I had a really good time.

Chuunibyou Bullshit end

And so ends the heartwarming tale of the asexual relationship between a girl struggling with an undetermined autism spectrum disorder and an insensitive boy who pretends to have it. What a magical romantic story that truly seeks to examine the human condition and our empathy towards those that just don't fit in with the rest of society, whether by choice or birth.

10/10wouldwatchagainseason3when

Log Horizon 25 Season Finale

Shiroe's Dr. Tomoe face strikes again. lol it was out for so long! Some creepy stuff man.

Already knew a second season was coming, and all you had to do was watch ep 24 to tell one was coming anyway.

Show was very enjoyable, doesn't need nonstop action for that to be the case even it being an MMO Anime. Nice group of characters, music was nice, Akatsuki <3 Loved her pigtail outfit.

Looking forward to season 2.

jediyoshi

Sakura Trick 12

How was this not just 23 straight minutes of animated kissu.

Ah well, for a moment there I thought they were going to pull a Girl Friends on me.

cnet128

Banned
Sakura Trick 12 END

No, show of wondrous yuri happiness! Don't end! ;_; You will be missed. S2 please.

So in the end
we never did get to see Kaede and Mikan-chan Yuzu get involved with each other at all
, but that's okay with me. Really, Haruka and Yuu are so perfect I don't even need any other couples in this show. Hnnnngh.

Surprisingly enough, though, we did get to see
Mitsuki actually confess to Haruka
. I guess graduations can work wonders for prompting actual progression, particularly since
Mitsuki is off to some faraway university, never to be seen again
. Okay, I don't actually believe that last part, but you know what I mean. At any rate,
glad we've got that out of the way, since Haruka and Yuu are so inseparable that Mitsuki's feelings were always doomed to failure.

Anyway, this series was wonderful and I for one hope we get lots of delicious doujins out of it. Disclaimer: "delicious" in this case most definitely implies that there are no penises involved, regardless of which gender they are attached to. I hope you're listening, doujin creators.

Strike The Blood, why don't people like Yukina as much as the other girls, though personally I put Asagi on top compared to Yukina. Just want to know from you guys.

After War Gundam X - 25

So after finally getting through this episode after initially turning it off (the Frost Brothers bore me to no end, as I've said before).

So in this episode our heroes of the Friedan stumble across a country that's constantly getting bombed. The heroes agree to help out, and they end up helping out in the end with the Satellite Cannons.

In other words, nothing really significant happened except for that one little tidbit with the Frost Brothers at the end saying that the Double X is strong and that they're going to do something about it.

Oh and, Ennil Ell apparently left, again. Get your shit together girl!

I hope you like it! It's the one Macross product I have truly loved.

I'm going to start it now. Dub or Sub?

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy - END

Tatami-Galaxy-TRAVIS-1.jpg

When my friend suggested I watch this, I wasn't sure what to expect. The trailer I saw beforehand made me dizzy, and I wasn't too fond of the character designs or the frenetic pace. That couldn't be farther from the truth now; I love everything about this show. The characters, the plotlines, the music, the atmosphere... it all just comes together very well. The Tatami Galaxy was simultaneously funny, cute, bizarre, charming, melancholic, sweet and sad. Speaking as someone who's "been" where the protagonist is (or rather, is still there) this anime spoke to me on a spiritual level. The protagonist spends all this time trying to achieve a "'rose-colored campus" (an impossible idealized version of college), and fails every time. At the end
he manages to forget achieving his ideal college dream, and just move on with his life. Take that first step forward. Ask the girl you've been pining for the entire series out to ramen. Don't sit around and do nothing; get and do something, even if its not what you envisioned.

I pretty much liked every episode equally, but the final 2 episodes in particular stand out.
I loved the role reversal with the protagonist and Ozu at the end (it was by far my favorite scene in the entire anime)

Anyway, i'm not really good at getting my point across. Suffice it to say, I had a good time with this anime. I had a really good time.
Glad to hear it resonated! One of my favorite anime, and I was in a similar place when I watched it.

If you liked the story, you might want to check out The Eccentric Family. Based on a novel by the same guy, and it also has a moral about not worrying so much and enjoying life, although it approaches it from a different side.

Strike The Blood, why don't people like Yukina as much as the other girls, though personally I put Asagi on top compared to Yukina. Just want to know from you guys.

Sempai sempai sempai sempai sempai sempai sempai sempai sempai sempai

i cannot wait to see finally WHEN she will change and call her by his name... for this to happen kojou will probably need to die for real ( or maybe asagi will need to step up her game a little ? ).

Sakura Trick 12 -
Can we all just agree that Yuzu and Kaede were kissing in that brief period they stepped away from the party?
But overall, really enjoyed the show. Plenty of legitimate laughs, mostly at the absurdity of what was happening, but laughs nonetheless. Never overstayed its welcome, and ended I'm a fairly satisfying manner.

Krogan

Sakura Trick 12 END
Anyway, this series was wonderful and I for one hope we get lots of delicious doujins out of it. Disclaimer: "delicious" in this case most definitely implies that there are no penises involved, regardless of which gender they are attached to. I hope you're listening, doujin creators.

As long as we get a doujin where
Mitsuki NTRs Haruka from Yuu.

Syrinx

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3

Cutest spaceship ever.

At least Ayeka recognizes that wanting to marry her half-brother is weird.

Digging the OP.

True Tears 1-13 END

The show looked interesting so I gave it a watch. Overall it was ok. It tried to be drama heavy but there wasn't a good reason for the drama. The mom hating on Hiromi was kind of odd, and how the dad noticed it but didn't say anything. The best thing about this show was Noe, and it sucks that she had to be a tragic character. Nothing good came to her in this show. Nothing at all. But she was undoubtedly the best thing in this show. Also, I did not understand why Noe even liked the main character. There was no reason for her to.

Now to move on to another romance, drama, comedy I can find. I don't know what's left but here's what I've seen.

Oh My Goddess!
Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy
Ah! My Goddess: Everyone Has Wings
Love Hina
Love Hina Again
Ai Yori Aoshi
Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi
Rumbling Hearts
True Tears
Toradora!
Golden Time
White Album
White Album 2
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - Heart Throb -
Kotoura-san
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Myself; Yourself
Haganai Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Oreshura
Nagi no Asu Kara
School Days
If I See You in My Dreams
Please Teacher
Please Twins
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Kimi ni Todoke
Lovely Complex
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Tenchi Muyo
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi in Tokyo
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Inari, Kon Kon Koi, Iroha
Sankarea
Kokoro Connect
Suzuka
Kimi no Iru Machi
Fruits Baskets

From that list my top five are White Album 2, Ano Natsu, Love Hina, Toradora!, and Golden Time.

Are there any others worth watching? Also I hated Clannad and Air. So no Key shit. Don't consider Angel Beats to be Key.

You didn't like After Story? You monster.

I liked Angel Beats a lot as most people here know, so I recommend it of course.

Have you seen Ouran High School Host Club?

No. The name always put me off. It's shojo right? Is it as good as Kimi ni Todoke? That's probably my favorite Shojo show.

You didn't like After Story? You monster.

I liked Angel Beats a lot as most people here know so I recommend it of course.

Love Angel beats. Bought the Blu Ray set. I hate the overly moe crap that key stuffs into their characters. Angel Beats doesn't have that. I tried watching Clannad but was too disgusted with it. I saw the sad parts of After Story and thought it was way too forced with the writing.

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 24 END

That was the ending of KLK alright. Yup.

That is to say, it was pretty predictable. It hit the notes I expected it to. I didn't hate it, but it didn't particularly set my shonen heart 'aburning either. And it felt pretty rushed, which is sort of ironic considering how much wasted time there was in this series on a whole.

So KLK. It was pretty alright. Dumb, fairly entertaining, but at the same time it was frustrating, because I felt like it could've been better than it was without too much trouble. Pacing that isn't crap, decent fight choreography, and better developed protagonists would've gone a loooong way. It's a good thing this show had such a likable sidecast, because otherwise I probably would've been bored through wide swathes of episodes. Also Ragyo was a fun villain.

So on the whole I got enough enjoyment out of KLK to not regret watching it, but I still wish some of its more glaring flaws had been smoothed over a bit. Well, bring on Trigger's next project!

crap

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Likely one of the greatest creative works I've come across in the last few years. Some interesting uses of animation as well. Please tear yourself away from all of this bad anime to watch it.

Narag

The Grand Budapest Hotel
Likely one of the greatest creative works I've come across in the last few years. Some interesting uses of animation as well. Please tear yourself away from all of this bad anime to watch it.

I want to. stupid local shithole theaters

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Noragami (all)

I'm trying to find something to counter the assertion that this is the best thing to come out of BONES since 2007 (excluding Brohood) and I'm coming up empty. Really, really satisfying.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 46

Blackwargreymon wanders the real world and attacks Owikawa and co, but Wargraymon and Tai turn up just in time. Owikawa takes off and the Digidestined lead a group effort in pursuit (and to block traffic and the army), but the rampaging Blackwargreymon takes priority as he threatens to destroy half the city as part of his battle.

After blowing each other up in a 3-way attack, Blackwargreymon takes a moment to actually listen to the others and decides they might actually have something of worth to say. Ah, philosophy.

Great Teacher Onizuka: Whole Series Review
I really don't know where to start on this. I guess I'll begin by saying that putting this off my schedule for as much as I did is one of my most regrettable mistakes in my anime viewing history. This property is perfection, perverted jokes and all. The characters, the art style, the humor, the story, the setting, the situations, absolutely everything was perfect with short of a few issues from the source material trying to pass off as standard anime. I'd like to break it down by sections, the show deserves that much.

The Premise
The show does the whole 'character opens the heart of a bad crowd' setting of popular media. It isn't the most original premise, but it sure as hell isn't as overused as others. The show starts the titular Onizuka, a former bike gang leader badass who was feared across Japan as this unbeatable monster. And now in his later years he wants to become a teacher. The decision stems from a desire to do good in the world after his life of relative crime, but also because he knows that teachers in the stuck-up Japanese school system have been molded to teach students with fear, insults and mediocrity in interpersonal skills that causes many to drop out. He wants to be that change. Problem is that seeing how he's kind of a dumbass and a clown, and also has ulterior motives of getting some action, he has a hard path ahead of him filled with students that hate teachers and don't particularly believe in him, and adults who are disgusted with his attitude and teaching methods.

The Characters
I can't start discussing the characters without starting with the titular character. The self proclaimed Greatest Teacher in Japan, Onizuka-sensei! This guy is like the most badass character in the entirety of anime mixed with the biggest lovable idiot you can find. Literally, his lovable factor is so big he wins everybody in the series that had an issue with him at one point or the other. His life revolves around his class and school. His happiness largely stems from their happiness. This is a man whose biggest quality as a teacher is that he speaks with students on a down-to-earth level. When other teachers pretend to care but ultimately don't give a shit, here's a man who cares so much he'll let you learn your lesson. And don't get it wrong, he might truly care but the reason students love him is because he's not a hypocrite. Onizuka doesn't pretend, if he's in it for himself he won't pretend it's not. If somebody took the class clown and put him as a teacher, you'd basically have Onizuka. Truly the star of the story. His character doesn't evolve in the sense that he changes, but more in the sense that you learn more and more about him and how he feels as the story progresses. He's the plot device of the story and the 'center of the world' per se, but it never once becomes bothersome.

Having talked about him, let's discuss some of the other characters. First let's discuss Fuyutsuki. A fellow teacher who starts her career at the same time as Onizuka. Her character, outside of her difficulty and eventual growth of love for Onizuka, largely dwells in representing an average teacher starting out. Why does she teach? What's the point? How do they overcome huge adversities? With the help of Onizuka she realizes the answers to all these questions. Her growth throughout the show is secondary to none maybe except Urumi and Hiroshi. We also have the rest of the school staff.

Another character from the school staff worth mentioning is Principal Uchiyamada. This character might be one of my favorite ones, because even with his growth he never stops being the butt of the joke. A recurring gag throughout the manga/show is that he buys a car and shit happens. And he buys the same car over and over again, it's hilarious. His character I viewed as the representation of the cynical social worker; he has been doing this job for so long, his love for it is long gone and only lives pay check to pay check. He's the first one to show absolute disdain for Onizuka, and throughout the majority of the run still largely is his nemesis. But thanks to Onizuka he gradually learns what it means to be a good teacher. What it means to have this job. One of the most passionate scenes in the manga (which sadly the show didnt cover) is the big fight he had with Onizuka where he basically called out the principal's bullshit. I don't want to spoil it, but man the way he did it it stung even me and I'm not the character.

Finally let me mention what are largely the antagonists throughout the majority of the property: Onizuka's students he's so desperately trying to connect with. This is a class of students that absolutely abhors teachers. And when I mean abhor I don't mean they disrespect the teacher with a joke or two. I mean they literally want these teachers out of their lives and the more they can increase their desire for suicide the better. They want them to suffer. The class as a whole goes through a formula that honestly should've gotten old but never did: hate for Onizuka, whole scene where they bond, respect/admiration for him. The one that stood out the most for me has to be Urumi. A blonde beauty with an IQ of a genius and the mind of an evil villain, her growth was one of the biggest in the shows. She goes from
wanting to kill Onizuka, to falling madly in love with him and not being able to live without him. To the point where when Onizuka was about to die she was prepared to take her own life to join him in the afterlife
. She for me became best girl, and while the show was never about Onizuka choosing a girl, I always rooted for her to win. I mean he's only like 22-23, he'd only have to wait like another 1-2 years. There are more characters throughout the show that I could spend ages talking about, but these are the ones that stood out for me.

The Art & Music
The show is a bit old. It finished airing in the beginning of the year 2000. The drawings in the show itself don't really hold up to more modern stuff, but the art style has a personality of its own where you can easily forgive the relative simplicity of the coloring and animation. The manga on the other hand hasn't aged a bit. It can still hold up with any other manga today, and its art style just oozes personality on every page. The most personality you see can be seen on the OP's (two shown in the images so far) and ED's of the show, where the accompanying images are amazeballs. They seem to be rotoscoped with 3D properties, and they're just amazing.

Speaking of the OP's and ED's, I think those are so great, both art and music wise, that they warrant being watched right now. DO IT NAO NO EXCUSES. At least the second one, which I can tell you right now has overtaken others in my top 5 favorite OP's. It's just fucking beautiful. It's art. Simple as that.

Issues

I don't feel like this section needs to be made into a big deal at all as issues were so minor they were practically non-existent. But my biggest one would have to be with one character. I'll refrain from using names so it's not spoilery, but basically a certain character is an asshole throughout the majority of the work. She literally bullies a kid by getting him
buck-naked and getting her bitch pack to beat him up and take pictures of his shivering naked body so they can use it as black-mail.
She's such a piece of shit she causes
him to attempt suicide twice, which would've succeeded if it wasn't for Onizuka rescuing him twice
. Then many chapters happen and all of a sudden
she transforms into a tsundere who is in love with the same kid she did all this shit to, and starts to act flustered and tsundere as she defends him.
. Are you kidding me? What the fuck. I think this was an issue of the manga author trying to bring in a standard trope of anime into this story and it clashing a bit due to just how dark the beginning was.

Another even smaller issue I had with the property as a whole were the perverted bits. I'm used to anime now. For the most part I understand that sex sells, and that's fine. Which is why it didn't bother me that much when we had a teacher who loved looking at pantsu. They weren't in your face with the sexual humor all of the time, and the silly humor overtook this, so like I said it isn't worth crying about.

8SsZM83.gif

Final Thoughts and Enjoyment

I've been saying it here and I'll say it again. If you ever have to watch a slice of life anime, this is my recommendation. If I had a previous show that fulfilled this spot, it has now been overtaken by a FUCKING MILE by Great Teacher Onizuka. My desire to recommend this spot is so great it feels like an alien fetus trying to escape through my chest, and then it bursts out with blood spraying everywhere and my crew members freaking the fuck out as it runs into your home and stalks you until you watch and read GTO.

When I was finished with the last chapter of the manga, I was crying. I loved it all so much I was emotional at having finished. I can't even begin to comprehend what it must've felt like for those who watched/read this as it was going on in a weekly/monthly basis. But if it's anything like me when the FMA manga or Harry Potter book series ended, they were nervous sobbing wrecks.

GTO just worked as a whole. They could've kept the premise relatively light hearted and it would have been forgettable. But the shear madness of the shit that happens is amazing. Like a student hating Onizuka so much he literally brings him to a hang out full of murderers so they can beat him up. The story keeps jumping from light hearted slice of life, to full on darkness and murder and suicide and sexual abuse stories. But Onizuka always manages to make even the darkest of stories in the anime/manga into a tale of a teacher caring about his students and wanting them to live. To change. To become productive members of societies. He teaches these educational workers that the carrot and stick method is barbaric. That you need to talk to students like a human being. To care.

The heart of this show is what makes it stand out. Having Onizuka go find one of his more 'special needs' students and sitting down with them to play dolls is a fucking hit right in the feels. In fact throughout the whole run, GTO is very manipulative with feels. You'll be crying and laughing and rooting for Onizuka. But that's god damn fine because. UGH. I do not have the proper words to express how much I loved this. This wall of text pales in comparison for my feelings. I love this fucking teacher.

I WANT ONIZUKA AS MY BRO AND SENSEI. GOD DAMMIT.

GTO GETS A TEN OUT OF FUCKING TEN. FUCKING PERFECTION.AOTY. AOTC. AOTM. YOUR FAVORITE ANIME IS SHIT UNLESS IT'S THIS.

I'm seriously conflicted because I think now I have to update my top 5 anime and I don't know which anime to push down. Do you understand my plight? ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!

I will not argue. If you hate GTO I will freaking hunt you down. It'd be like if I came to show you my newborn baby and you kicked it off a bridge as you laughed at my face. I will never forgive you. WHO WOULD DO THAT?

Love Angel beats. Bought the Blu Ray set. I hate the overly moe crap that key stuffs into their characters. Angel Beats doesn't have that. I tried watching Clannad but was too disgusted with it. I saw the sad parts of After Story and thought it was way too forced with the writing.

Oh... that's great another Angel Beats fan! That's good to hear.

You can't watch the sad parts of After Story without seeing how they get to that point. So of course it will seem forced if you don't see what lead to those moments. I am sorry you feel that way about the show. Hope you can give the show another chance one of these days.

Syrinx

No. The name always put me off. It's shojo right? Is it as good as Kimi ni Todoke? That's probably my favorite Shojo show.

It's shoujo but more on the comedy/slice-of-life side than romance. Couldn't compare it to Kimi no Todoke since I only watched the first two episodes of that. Whatever it is though, it's one of my favorite anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom