• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Nope but perhaps I should sample it.

idk if i'm the only one who is buying the physical releases on here, but if you want in on those they're only making 2000 BDs for each volume (releasing one volume every 2 months till Dec. I believe; vol. 2 is in April), and I have number 1316/2000.

photomar0420249am1mjjou.jpg

cajunator

Banned
idk if i'm the only one who is buying the physical releases on here, but if you want in on those they're only making 2000 BDs for each volume (releasing one volume every 2 months till Dec. I believe; vol. 2 is in April), and I have number 1316/2000.

why is it so limited? That sucks.

Looks like I really need to watch Yami. Actually, I should really get going on The List, too.

Booty had me like

HAglp3P.jpg

Yami is your future.

Gazoinks

Valerian and Laureline 1

In the past, everyone was British. Even the French. Especially the French.

So Valerian,
not only did you take a girl from the past, but you lost the earth. I don't think it's actually possible to screw up more than that.

Seems like a fun show. There's a certain old-school feel to it that I like, probably because it's based on a comic from the 60s.

In other sci-fi news, I was looking at starting up another long-running anime soonish and I was thinking about either Galaxy Express 999 or LoGH. Any recommendations?

Thoraxes

why is it so limited? That sucks.

Not sure, outside of general interest of course, but each copy is labeled with a number too!

It's like $55 a volume with shipping (volume 6 will be a premium version, whatever that entails), and i'm going all-in for all of it because it's a damn good show and well worth the money imo.

TheRancor

Two things:

- Watch more old anime instead of repeating lies born out of nostalgia. Fanservice is hardly new.

- Tight fitting suit ass shots in Yamato count as fanservice.
I wonder how many people here actually know Yuki's warp scene in 2199 is a homage to the original warp scene. lol

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/310/

Ohnogi: Morita’s role was mostly just chit-chat, right? (laughter) He kept asking these questions like, “what are we gonna do for Yuki’s naked scene?”
Ohnogi: He was like, “Yuki has to be naked during the warp scene, or it just isn’t right!” (crowd applauds). So that was the role of Morita-who-isn’t-here-tonight, while the rest of us, well…

Ohnogi: For our generation, I think we understood what “Warp” meant. We’d seen it used in novels and such, and when I saw the scene in the original Yamato where everything stopped, I was like, “wait a minute…isn’t just TIME moving and while THEY aren’t moving anywhere at all?” (laughter) And of course, Yuki being naked had a huge impact. (laughter)

cajunator

Banned
Not sure, outside of general interest of course, but each copy is labeled with a number too!

It's like $55 a volume with shipping (volume 6 will be a premium version, whatever that entails), and i'm going all-in for all of it because it's a damn good show and well worth the money imo.

This is an import or just companies being crazy?

TheRancor

GIANT ROBO 1

God Bless you, Imagawa. You magnificent, glorious, wondrous man. Bless you, and the delightful works of your hands.

And there are still 6 episodes to go.
Mmm, the direction, the soundtrack, the animation, the action, the cast, the 4K HD scan, the 3 year wait for the final episode. Basically everything. So good.

To think he was an apprentice of Tomino and personally acknowledged him as his great teacher. :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 24 END

Man am I ever glad this is over. I think this show can take the largest part of the blame for my current "completely burned out on anime" state. Every week I had to almost force myself to watch it. The thing is, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as it was had it been a one-cour show. Virtually every arc felt exactly the same as the last one, and it just got terribly repetitive and boring after the first half.

Anyway, just go read R_thanatos' post on the finale/series as a whole. He basically sums my feelings up better than I could.

Also, harem ranking:

1. La Folia
2. Who gives a shit

fertygo

Mmm, the direction, the soundtrack, the animation, the action, the cast, the 4K HD scan, the 3 year wait for the final episode. Basically everything. So good.

To think he was an apprentice of Tomino and personally acknowledged him as his great teacher. :p

Tomino is great person to look.

"Man if just I can dial down the bullshit, I'd be invicible"

Thoraxes

This is an import or just companies being crazy?

They licensed it over here for this really limited release. From their standpoint, i'd say the pricing is relatively fair, especially considering the history of the Yamato name.

Either way though, I think it's a great value for the show contained within. I sure as hell liked it enough to go through with getting them all.

edit: And what Arti said too.

Thoraxes

Strike the Blood - 24 END

Squuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeee
he has kids with both Himeragi and Asagi!
hnnnnnnngggghhhh

I honestly enjoyed this entire show. Everything was really fun and enjoyable. The cast was nice and diverse, I liked each of the story arcs, and the mythos and world setting were all interesting. Kojou was likable, the music was great, and the voice acting was great too.

Plus, this is one of the few shows where I really felt like every girl was the best girl, and I mean it!

Really loved this one.

You know considering there's been anime made of a bunch of superheroes, I'd love to have a proper spiderman anime series. Stan Lee can appear again like he did in Hero Man

sonicmj1

GIANT ROBO 1

God Bless you, Imagawa. You magnificent, glorious, wondrous man. Bless you, and the delightful works of your hands.

And there are still 6 episodes to go.

I can only ask what took you so long.

Jexhius is right; it only gets better from the start.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Looking at the voting is kind of interesting. Who knew Branduil liked Haruhi so much? Or Duckroll and Scrapped Princess? Oh wait, Bones.
Is Scrapped Princess actually that good?
Hito voted for Black Lion, hah.
Scrapped Princess isn't really worth remembering. It was decent if not dry before the genre shift made things rather silly.

Black Lion, however, is!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
SDBurton Trick 12 END

A better love story than Chuunibyou.

Also, god-tier OP and ED.

Pretty good show overall. Here's hoping for an OVA (or second season, but I'm trying to be realistic here :lol).

Crocodile

You know considering there's been anime made of a bunch of superheroes, I'd love to have a proper spiderman anime series. Stan Lee can appear again like he did in Hero Man

Just go watch Spectacular Spiderman. Unless you've already seen it in which case watch again because it would probably be better than any Spiderman Anime unless they got TOP talent on it.

Also glad to see you enjoyed GTO though I would have figured you were the type of guy to have already read/watched it :p

Acosta

Kill la Kill (ending)

Finished it! loved it! Shonen to the max hahaha
including super saiyajin homage, lovely

It has been really entertaining and fun to watch, so I would say "mission accomplished".

Satsuki with
short hair is adorable!

Articalys

About Yamato 2199, though -- did they make any changes between the theater and TV versions besides the opening and ending songs? And all the Blu-rays that were released in Japan are based on the theater versions?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
One more episode each of Sekai Seifuku and Seki-kun, and I am done with anime for a good long while (except for Puchimas). I feel like I really need this break. It's only been about 16 or 17 months that I've been back into anime (got back in around the time Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun was airing), but I've watched so much in that time. It really does feel like it's been a lot longer.

No you wouldn't because those all sucked! Apart from X-Men. And even then Japan did a better X-men over a decade ago with those sweet openings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

Obligatory: FIVE TONE SHADING

Sorry but no. We all know the superior WARA NANANA NAAA NAA WARA NA NA NAAAAAA NANA can't be beat.

Just go watch Spectacular Spiderman. Unless you've already seen it in which case watch again because it would probably be better than any Spiderman Anime unless they got TOP talent on it.

Also glad to see you enjoyed GTO though I would have figured you were the type of guy to have already read/watched it :p

The day they cancelled Spectacular Spiderman i wept for humanity. My innocence died that day. And then they brought that shittier spiderman show I never bothered to watch. Also I wonder if anybody I know ever watched that weird Mtv spiderman show. The cell shaded one.

As to GTO, I had been pushing it off for a while now.

Quasar

Strike the Blood 24 END

Man am I ever glad this is over. I think this show can take the largest part of the blame for my current "completely burned out on anime" state. Every week I had to almost force myself to watch it. The thing is, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as it was had it been a one-cour show. Virtually every arc felt exactly the same as the last one, and it just got terribly repetitive and boring after the first half.

Then why didn't you stop?

That said I will say, most of the arcs in the second half were fairly uninteresting. Of course that glimpse of the future has me intrigued enough to want to find the light novels. At least to find out if more of that is shown there.

Quasar

The day they cancelled Spectacular Spiderman i wept for humanity. My innocence died that day. And then they brought that shittier spiderman show I never bothered to watch.

Marvel does that a lot. They did the same with Earth Mightiest Heroes. Cancelled that great show to put out a crappy new show thats more like the shitty live action Marvel-verse.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Then why didn't you stop?

That said I will say, most of the arcs in the second half were fairly uninteresting. Of course that glimpse of the future has me intrigued enough to want to find the light novels. At least to find out if more of that is shown there.

I don't like to drop shows if I'm further along than 5-6 episodes in, and it wasn't until the latter half that I stopped enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom