• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Who's the one in Amagami with the short, wavy black hair? 'Cause she's the best.

EDIT: Ah, I figured it out. Her name's Kaoru. Yeah, she's the best Amagami girl.

1047173-kaoru_tanamachi_large.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Silver Spoon S2 Episode 11(end)
I loved the series, all of it and desperately hope for a season 3, im really glad his mom is getting more involved as she seemed to genuinely care about his well being in all aspects, want to see more of mikage and hachikan's relationship develop more and seeing how the story develops, we learn a ton about farming life but it seems overall it will concentrate on the character's personal lives.
One final thing, do anybody know what chapter of the manga the anime leaves off on?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
One more episode each of Sekai Seifuku and Seki-kun, and I am done with anime for a good long while (except for Puchimas). I feel like I really need this break. It's only been about 16 or 17 months that I've been back into anime (got back in around the time Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun was airing), but I've watched so much in that time. It really does feel like it's been a lot longer.

You remind me of myself lol, I've learned to take my time with anime though

Quasar

Silver Spoon S2 Episode 11(end)
I loved the series, all of it and desperately hope for a season 3, im really glad his mom is getting more involved as she seemed to genuinely care about his well being in all aspects, want to see more of mikage and hachikan's relationship develop more and seeing how the story develops, we learn a ton about farming life but it seems overall it will concentrate on the character's personal lives.
One final thing, do anybody know what chapter of the manga the anime leaves off on?

Also decided to delve into the world of Gundam for the first time since I like Eva so much. I'm watching Gundam 00. Did I make a good choice? What gundam series are the best gundam-gaf and no I don't want to watch build fighters -___-

Great Teacher Onizuka: Whole Series Review
You choose urumi as best girl ?
You're 200% right
I wonder about that. You see that a lot in anime/manga where even after being in a relationship for a while you have one party still call the other sempai (or in other cases buchou) or something else rather than their actual name.
It's not even remotely as bad as strike the blood himeragi.
I understand that the sempai relationship must be in place in some way but it's waayyyyy over - used here . it's like a shield that prevent the relationship between himaragi & kojo to advance. it's like the "rias!" moment in highschool dxd but wayyyy worse.

Well that sucks.

Strike the Tsundere Blood - END

Man, I agree with everyone saying Yukina is worst girl, if not worst character. Every time at the end of a boss fight, when they do the "It's my fight! No SEMPAI, it's our fight!" I cringe so hard. Anyways, this show wasn't horrible since I was able to actually finish it, but I can't say it was good. The harem was alright, even though the worst won. It definitely had it's problems though. I never thought it was possible, but yeah this show had too many tsunderes. I mean I'm all for some tsun tsun but there wasn't nearly enough dere dere if you catch my drift. Nice to have Kanon not be a tsundere, just because of that she's high up on the best list. Welp, to wrap it up, show was mediocre. Though I'd probably watch another season. Can't forsake Kanon, Asagi, La Folia, and Kirasaka just cause Yukina blows.
Exactly .. it worked once or maybe twice but every arc ?

Also worse girl didn't won ,
himeragi & asagi both won since the other girl moegi is
Asagi & kojou daughter
Strike the Blood end

What was up with that post-credits scene?
Why did she pretend her dad was dead, but only to the audience? wat

Other than that, this show did not have an ounce of originality nor the execution to make up for it. Why did I watch it?

Well , she is
a perverted yuri perverted and genki vampire that love joking to the point that she sometimes lose sight of her goal ?
Anyway if was the way the anime found to showcase the end status of this story without reveling too much

Jex

Also decided to delve into the world of Gundam for the first time since I like Eva so much. I'm watching Gundam 00. Did I make a good choice? What gundam series are the best gundam-gaf and no I don't want to watch build fighters -___-

Two wrongs really don't make a right.

Don't watch a series, just watch an OVA like War in the Pocket.

DiGiKerot

Looks lame. Kids, toy gundams and tournaments (like we have never seen that before with Pokemon/Yugioh etc). I'm enjoying Gundam 00 so far.

The first season of 00 is pretty good, but it kind of drops off a cliff partway through the second, and I gather the movie, which I could never gather the motivation to actually watch, is even worse. Honestly, I think I might even like the second season of 00 less than the much maligned Gundam Seed Destiny - Destiny at least gave me a solid 20-30 episodes and a killer soundtrack.

It's actually pretty tricky to recommend any Gundam to watch. Build Fighters is, honestly, the best made franchise show in years - it's accessible, it has the best actual fights and animation, and it's celebratory about it's history without feeling overtly shackled to it, but as you say, it's (theoretically) a kids show.

Most of the other better Gundam shows are stuff with caveats, though. I like Gundam Seed, but most of what I like in that show is crammed into the last dozen episodes, which, even if you can forget that Destiny exists, gives you a lot of guff to go through (the digital animation techniques used in that show really don't hold up either). Turn-A Gundam is full of fascinating ideas, but you've got to be able to deal with the idiosyncrasies of Tomino's direction, which is weird, stilted and antiquated in a fashion that falls on it's face as often as it succeeds. G-Gundam is super-fun, but it's got a super-specific, super-outlandish tone that probably won't appeal if you can't get over Build Fighters. I think I continue to like Wing more than most, but that's weird and meandering and full of itself in a really dopey self-serious and pretentious way.

Then there's all the UC stuff. I've yet to watch 08th Mobile Team, which seems to be everyones favourite (ditto War in the Pocket, actually), but as far as the original goes, and the movie trilogy that everyone recommends starting with, everything I like about those movies is in the final instalment. Whilst it's not requiring Seed levels of dedication to get through, those are still rather long movies, and they're pretty much essential viewing to get the most out of the rest of the franchise.

Which is to say, Build Fighters is the best, man.

I'm glad you think it looks lame. :)

come on man you know what I mean. That looks like its a show for kids/ longtime gundam fans to fawn over the fan service. I understand the animation and battles are probably the best but I'm looking for a good story and a great cast of characters as well not just action.

I'm also new to the series so won't get any of the throwbacks.

Two wrongs really don't make a right.

Don't watch a series, just watch an OVA like War in the Pocket.

Alright. Looking online a lot of people like Gundam Seed.

Jex

[...]

Then there's all the UC stuff. I've yet to watch 08th Mobile Team, which seems to be everyones favourite (ditto War in the Pocket, actually), but as far as the original goes, and the movie trilogy that everyone recommends starting with, everything I like about those movies is in the final instalment. Whilst it's not requiring Seed levels of dedication to get through, those are still rather long movies, and they're pretty much essential viewing to get the most out of the rest of the franchise.
Man you gotta sort yourself out!

DiGiKerot

I forgive you for not loving The Winter Soldier.

Phew, This is a weight off my mind!

Man you gotta sort yourself out!

I know, I know - the terrible thing is that I've had the DVDs sitting around ever since Bandai US released the Anime Legends bundles for them (I think... some of them might be older), but I made the mistake of starting with Stardust Memory.

I should probably make a point of watching them in relatively short order.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sakura Trick ep.12

SDBurton's probably gonna kill me for this, but
for me this episode made me decide that Haruka and Yuu are just elements in the show for the yuri pandering, while everyone else actually has some sort of characterization... if that makes any sense.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess...

Anyway, fluff ending to a fluff show. Next season on the yuri watch we have Akmua no Riddle for action and Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san for comedy.
I haven't seen it yet, but it figures. It's not like they can end it in any meaningful way.

Kill La Kill 24

This was so bad it somehow retroactively made me feel I wasted time on the previous 23 episodes. Not even Fujiko Mine managed that.
Kill la Kill Finale

HOLY FUCK WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

AND NOT THE GOOD KIND

HOLY SHIT THIS WAS SO FUCKING AWFUL.

Only good thing about it was Satsuki at the end, I think I like her better with long hair, but the way she was dressed, HGGGNNN

Other than that, holy shit, so fucking AWFUL. It's like they decided for some reason that all the underdeveloped crap that happened in this episode would work just fine with the same amount of time they gave to fucking tennis club. If only they didn't waste so much time in the first half, it wouldn't feel like rushed garbage. Jesus, that was awful.

And this second part was so damn good too, WHY, Imaishi, WHY? The animation wasn't even good, if they didn't have the budget for 24 episodes, why make it 24 when half of it was pretty much filler?

I hope Samumenco doesn't disappoint me now.

Satsuki-sama is still Ms Hometown, she's super great, but fuck this finale.
Watching the show in a vacuum, I guess I have no idea why this finale in particular is necessarily bad. Again, it's interesting to me how violently split the fandom seems to be on this show. lol

The worst part of Yamato. :(

Her arc is ehhh but Rihoko is huggable and loveable.
Rihoko is love.

duckroll

Girls Und Panzer OVA pv(well just cam version now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owvsCdmPRGw

Looks good. Actually that's a lie. I can't really tell if it "looks good" because it's a cam and there really isn't much in the PV, but it's more Girls und Panzer, so it has to be good. Yup, looks good.

come on man you know what I mean. That looks like its a show for kids/ longtime gundam fans to fawn over the fan service. I understand the animation and battles are probably the best but I'm looking for a good story and a great cast of characters as well not just action.

It's pretty good though. It's more Angelic Layer than Yugioh. I will admit that it's probably a lot more fun for people who are already Gundam fans and who have an investment in the mechs and references used in the series. It's not "just" action. It's a well thought out story with nice characters and good humor.

Phew, This is a weight off my mind!

To be honest, my theater experience was pretty shitty too. There were guys on the far right and just to the right of me who decided to use their phones midway through the film, there was a kid on the far right who was only there because his parents wanted to watch the movie and brought him along. He almost created a scene later on during the film, but they managed to shut him up without him crying. Thank God.

Build fighters is a little too childish for my tastes. It also feels like they took the drama from a serious series where defeat likely means death and applied it to one which is about a game which makes all the drama feel stupid. Episode 24 was embarrassing how they are screaming at their toy to move and the father wanted to stop the match and the entire atmosphere was like they were watching a massacre. What's wrong with playing to win anyway?

00 is a much better show but 00S2 is bad, worse than Seed Destiny. Both have decent enough first quarters but SD has a better soundtrack.

Seed
War in the pocket
Wing
Turn A
Zeta
Build fighters
08th ms
F91
Seed Destiny
Cca
00 S2
Wing movie

jgminto

GBF is the first Gundam thing I've watched and I had no problems with it. It has great action and a likeable cast of characters. It's not even fair to compare it to something like Yugioh or Pokemon, it's on a completely different level than those shows in pretty much every way.

DiGiKerot

bu bu I kind of liked Elfen Lied :(

So I'm guessing its not that great.

It's actually pretty OK, possibly great depending on your particular tastes in fiction, but like a lot of the 50+ episode Gundam shows, it's really bloaty. It all comes together in a really satisfying fashion during it's final run of episodes, there's some great 2-3 episode stretches mid-series, and the soundtrack is phenomenal, though the animation has dated really badly. I didn't see what they corrected for the recent HD edition, though.

It's probably not that bad a place to start, though - it's got a flavour and elements of the themes and content original Gundam, albeit being a lot more superficial about them thanks to being painted through the lens of early-mid-2000s anime fandom. It's got a little bit of the flavour of a lot of the not-G AU Gundams to it as well, particularly having that whole Wing boy-band vibe to it.

cajunator

Banned
It's been a while since Sex Hair was a staple here.

sex hair is great even if a person doesnt like sex. Its just that good.

If you want to roll with what people say online then go right ahead but they'll also probably you recommend you check out stuff like Elfin Lied and Desert Punk.

I love Desert Punk. Elfen Lied I can understand since its really violent and fucked up for no really good reason but Desert Punk is awesome.
I wish more anime was like that.

Rihoko is love.

Yes she definitely is.
By the way how many times have you watched the Gravity bluray?

It's pretty good though. It's more Angelic Layer than Yugioh. I will admit that it's probably a lot more fun for people who are already Gundam fans and who have an investment in the mechs and references used in the series. It's not "just" action. It's a well thought out story with nice characters and good humor.

I keep hearing this used to describe GBF and honestly its pretty exciting if thats the case.

sonicmj1

Watching the show in a vacuum, I guess I have no idea why this finale in particular is necessarily bad. Again, it's interesting to me how violently split the fandom seems to be on this show. lol

Having seen the finale, I'm also kind of baffled that people would hate it that much. It has plenty of flaws, but they're pretty much the same flaws you could apply just about anywhere in the series, from the seemingly arbitrary power swings, to the simplistic fights, to the show's stubborn refusal to kill off characters.

At least the character motivations stay consistent and it doesn't trivialize everything that has happened up until the end, which is more than you can say for the endings to E7: AO and Mine Fujiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom