• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. I've not watched any of these things.

Clannad is the best out of all of them for its After Story. Like I said before, it has the same problem as GaoGaiGar, given that its sequel is something legit amazing while its predecessor is something fairly generic that some people are kind of "meh" about. But the After Story was worth it. SO SO worth it.

Speaking of romance anime, I got about halfway through Macross DYRL last night. My only complaint is that the character designs look kind of....weird at first (much like with many Clannad newcomers). But other than that, I feel like I'm watching a space opera made by 90s Disney. Like damn, this is pretty good. I'll finish the rest later today.

Midonin

World Conquest 12 + Final Thoughts

This show, if someone were to come across it out of research years down the line, would be an oddity, something that someone tried and it went. (Or it could turn into a big franchise, I don't know.) A future curio. And it's the future curios that have always been of interest to me, from the moment the character designs were revealed. The exact nature of what Kate is and what Galaktika is were never explained, but how they came to be is less important than where they are now.

And from the way Kate put it, her idea of conquest really has more to do with friendship. When you've lived for as long as she has, the one thing you'd want is to not be lonely. That puts the entire series into a different context. The finale was as goofy as everything else, with giant robots fighting squishy octopus things, and Kate finally doing her flip, but in the sense of finally separating Asuta from his dad, it got its emotional closure.

The show, like Samumenco, was something where you could never quite predict where it was going to go, but it was ambitious (if a little heavy handed on the smoking episode), and had interesting character designs and a weird sense of humor that I could get behind. Also one of my top five shows for the season, but the numbers are less important than the feelings.

World Conquest Treasure Club is going to New York! Please make this happen!

Nordicus

They should kill off Onodera.
Kill off Shitoge instead.

ZoEDgIT.jpg

TheRancor

I always figured Tomino was just really drunk and the universe took advantage of it that night.
http://www.mahq.net/rants/cons/imagawa/imagawa.htm
According to Imagawa, it was because Tomino wanted someone who would do something very strange and bizarre, and that it could possibly be really amazing in the process. He was very thankful to Tomino for giving him the opportunity to create a Gundam series and be part of its history.
Alternate take on the lecture but in a different place http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/02.09/feature/9/index.php3

Another short interview http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/SearchAudience/News1/Yasuhiro-Imagawa-2-Imagawa-Harder-4427.aspx

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Samurai Flamenco - 12-16

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!

Oh my god this scene was fantastic.
Regardless of the fact that Mari just barfed 5 minutes prior, Moe was still cool with tasting Mari's lips!!
Now THAT'S love! I loved how Mari tried to pull a Madoka by calling Mizuki over to join in on their "reunion" too. So alpha!

Et tu SDBurton?

I'm sorry man! But Onodera da besssss!

Jex

[Nisekoi] - 12

You can literally feel the hand of the author slapping you across the face. So good.

Anyway, this episode devoted plenty of time to best-girl, so all is well.

Link Man

Banned
World Conquest: Zvezda Plot 12

Anime of the Season for me. This was so good.

Did...did they just announce a second season? I really hope so!

Gazoinks

Pupipo! 15 END

Awww. That was a surprisingly emotional ending.

This was a great little show. Nice art, good humor, and some surprisingly dark and emotional bits. And unlike some shows, it was well-paced and suited to its format. Definitely one of the surprises of this season for me. I was expecting a fluffy, cutesy little show and got something a lot better!

Legend of Galactic Heroes episode 82

Such fucking bullshit.
After all he went through, Yang dies from a single shot in the leg from a Terraist mook? wtf. It's like they were trying for him to have the most shameful death possible :/

RIP LOGH's best character

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sekai Seifuku 12 END

Ul8nD8i.gif

I have no idea what I just watched. I literally have no idea what the hell just happened.

I almost want to say this show should be on THE LIST. But at the same time, it's seriously my anime of the season. I don't even know.

duckroll

Legend of Galactic Heroes episode 82

Such fucking bullshit.
After all he went through, Yang dies from a single shot in the leg from a Terraist mook? wtf. It's like they were trying for him to have the most shameful death possible :/

RIP LOGH's best character

Please mark your spoilers carefully in future. There won't be another warning.

Articalys

Nisekoi ep.12

Behold the fantastic stupidity of this show's plot.

Judging from the current pacing,
Marika should show up right at the very end next week as a teaser for next next week's episode, which is when she'll probably be properly introduced.

duckroll

I appreciate the avatar effort, and it's really cool, but I really don't to associate myself with this show in any public capacity! >_<

Lol.

Is Space Brothers over? Or is it just on a production pause? Turned on Crunchyroll today to watch the latest episode and it wasn't there. Upon googling I'm getting both answers.

Theonik

THE iDOLM@STER 04
ivwICR97vV94E.png

Takane too good. That voice.
For a Takane episode it was actually Chihaya that stole the show this time. I can't stand to see her sad though. She just wants to sing and that sleazeball director/camera crew kinda made me mad. Also Aoi Tori <3 I must admit that me watching episode 26 early made this song more important than it normally would be. Though it's an awesome song and Chihaya has a great voice. Autotuned in this case or not.
This episode of course featured no Makoto which is normally bad but it did help me keep my screenshot count relatively low. Which is good. The next episode preview slayed me.

Sorry to do this. I'm sure you guys get this a lot, but now that Kill la Kill is over, I'm looking for something new to watch. Shows and movies that I've enjoyed: Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, Naruto (before the filler), Shinsekai Yori, Macross Plus, Macross Zero, Macross Frontier, Moyoshimon, Bartender, Millennium Actress, Wolf Children, Princess Mononoke. You can recommend anything from the last ten years. You're welcome to PM me if you'd like.

TheRancor

Speaking of romance anime, I got about halfway through Macross DYRL last night. My only complaint is that the character designs look kind of....weird at first (much like with many Clannad newcomers).
Wait. Did someone just compare Haruhiko Mikimoto's DYRL character designs to KEY art? /dead

Gbraga

Sorry to do this. I'm sure you guys get this a lot, but now that Kill la Kill is over, I'm looking for something new to watch. Shows and movies that I've enjoyed: Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, Naruto (before the filler), Shinsekai Yori, Macross Plus, Macross Zero, Macross Frontier, Moyoshimon, Bartender, Millennium Actress, Wolf Children, Princess Mononoke. You can recommend anything from the last ten years. You're welcome to PM me if you'd like.

Watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Is Space Brothers over? Or is it just on a production pause? Turned on Crunchyroll today to watch the latest episode and it wasn't there. Upon googling I'm getting both answers.

It's over for now, but it seems likely that they'll continue again once there is enough manga material to adapt. They are making a prequel movie too.

Aria
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments Lain
Kino's Journey
Yamato 2199
The Tatami Galaxy
The Eccentric Family
Mushishi
Spice and Wolf
Sword of the Stranger

Haibane Renmei, Lain and Kino are just a bit over 10 years but you should watch them anyway, of course.

It's over for now, but it seems likely that they'll continue again once there is enough manga material to adapt. They are making a prequel movie too.
Alright. Thank you :)

I guess I'll remove it from my Queue on Crunchyroll for now then and put it back on later when it comes back.

Aria
Haibane Renmei
Serial Experiments Lain
Kino's Journey
Yamato 2199
The Tatami Galaxy
The Eccentric Family
Mushishi
Spice and Wolf
Sword of the Stranger

Haibane Renmei, Lain and Kino are just a bit over 10 years but you should watch them anyway, of course.

Definitely interested in seeing Eccentric Family. Lain is...ok. Yamato wasn't bad either. I've seen a couple of episodes of Attack on Titan; was bored after the 5th or 6th episode. I'll look the rest. Thanks.

CorvoSol

Bro there's no argument whatsoever. When a girl
is willing to kill herself if you die since life wouldn't be worth living without you there
you know that's true love.

Like how in Yami when Hazumi was willing to strangle Eve to death because if she couldn't live with her then she was better off murdering her because they couldn't be together but they could but they couldn't and that's just true love for you

Like how in Yami when Hazumi was willing to strangle Eve to death because if she couldn't live with her then she was better off murdering her because they couldn't be together but they could but they couldn't and that's just true love for you

Love that transcends life and death. Is there anything more pure?

fertygo

Saki : The Nationals - 11

Goddamn... OMG Saki, this shit are so hype..
Man what's up with these sport show. Kuroko, Ippo, and now Saki all of it have amazing and leading into epic final episode.

I can't fucking wait,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom