• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean in general, probably because the art style/simplistic animation might've turned them away from it at first. The show gives off the appearance of being forgettable, but it ended up being the surprise show of the past 2 seasons.

If you meant in GAF, I think a lot of folks here watch it.

I just feel like its a show I see no one talk about unlike shows like KLK or AoT (both of which are shows I enjoy). I just wish the at large anime market would not do what I did at first and think "so the first of many copies jumping on the sao bandwagon" but Log Horizon just does everything right, it is by far and away the best trapped in a video game anime ever

Tokyo ravens - 23

Oh tokyo ravens , ..i'm unsure if i've gotten used to the cg or if the cg is really that better .
This episode was kinda great for multiples reasons .

First megane-san actually did something and gained confidence. This moment was quite good , then doman trully lived to his name and the fire user while powerfull was boring.
Tokyo%20Ravens%20-%2023.jpg

Very effective way to convince someone.
But shadow, lol if this is what the guy is while being nerfed as heck , i don't know what to think when he wasn't using a cane ..that's 200% cheat level right there , but that what make this fight intresting ..i want omyouji battles that kick-ass and i leave this episode fairly satisfied.

So that was "guinine star reading " ? bakatora , i don't think you need more justifications now , JUST DO IT. I'mquite happy that badass fan guy is out of his jail , i also expect his comeback to be glorious ..OH MYGOD i have so much to look forward to !!!

I just feel like its a show I see no one talk about unlike shows like KLK or AoT (both of which are shows I enjoy). I just wish the at large anime market would not do what I did at first and think "so the first of many copies jumping on the sao bandwagon" but Log Horizon just does everything right, it is by far and away the best trapped in a video game anime ever

So many reason to watch log horizon , i sing praise for this anime every week since i don't know when.
I wish i could talk about log horizon and make supposition about the plot or the characters but i can't since i've read all 7 books i'm left enjoy each adaptation episode while carefull mind any info that might give spoilers ... It's very tough to mind everyone.

But hey i love log horizon , because it does a lot of things right i hope that when book 9 will be out they'll profit to make a second season with it.
LH has a good setting great characters and very good anime/game mecanics that many can understand thank to the large amount of things explained. It's the BEST book => anime adaptation i've witnessed since a couple of years

Too bad she
loses alot of presence during the second half/end of the season. Hopefully Season 2 picks her back up.

She
goes back in the spotlight full force since she has an entire book/arc dedicated to her where she kickass in ways you have no idea ...
Don't worry if a second season is made you'll have a great amount of akatsuki

Silver Spoon S2 6

Wow, this is getting really good. This episode made effective use of silence for dramatic purposes, particularly in drawing out the contrast between the liveliness of the Ego Ag festival and the tense stillness of Hachiken in the hospital. I confess I teared up when Hachiken began crying over the message in the guestbook. After seeing him work himself to exhaustion and have a stormy meeting with his parents, it was great to see him validated. I want him to succeed so badly!

From the New World 19

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y

It only took it 19 episodes but we finally got one full episode of awesomeness. Suspense and an
Ogre killing people
. Obviously it's gonna be someone they know. Nothing about the stupid romance. No vague or symbolic crap. Just the show being strait forward and actually doing something with it's world and plot it so "lovingly put together".

Oh and I forgot to say in the last episode but unless the monster rats are just clever about everything and the town is a bunch of incompetent fools, It looks like
Maria and Mamoru are, in fact, dead

Lots of stuff building up. It should've been this good in the last 18 episodes sans maybe 2 or 3 episodes.

Since is this the most active anime thread, I'll ask it here. I never got into Full Metal Alchemist for some reason.

So what the difference between Full Metal Alchemist, and FMA:Brotherhood? Do I need to watch FMA before brotherhood?

Since is this the most active anime thread, I'll ask it here. I never got into Full Metal Alchemist for some reason.

So what the difference between Full Metal Alchemist, and FMA:Brotherhood? Do I need to watch FMA before brotherhood?
FMA starts following the manga then goes into fillers and then ORIGINAL ANIME ENDING
FMA : brotherhood sticks to the manga

In short if you want the normal story/experience , just watch brotherhood.

hxh 119

man, still bummed they never did a negima anime closer to the manga.
Xebec sin is great indeed
Because of this , we never had a full kyoto arc ( worthy of being animated ) , nor a full mundo magicus arc or the festival arc ( All of my rage )

Branduil

The original FMA is a loose adaptation that gradually diverges from the source manga until it becomes a completely original story in the last half.

FMA: Brotherhood is a faithful adaptation of the manga with relatively rushed pacing in the first half where they cover material the first anime already did.

Brotherhood isn't a continuation, it's pretty much the manga adapted to its fullest.

FMA2003 had manga material, but also had an alternate storyline going on due to the manga not being finished at the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

FMA has a chimera ending, meaning that it diverged from the source material because the production of the anime outpaced the release of the manga.

Brotherhood was made close to the manga's completion so, while working with the author, they were able to animate the source material in its entirety.

They're both worth a watch, although the beginning of Brotherhood has been criticized for being weak or "rushed" because they wanted to go through the old content and reach the new parts that they never animated.

Personally I think both are worth watching. FMA, the original, is one of the most original manga departures I've ever seen and the direction they took it is really original and worth watching for that alone. Plus I loved the movie.

Then watch FMAB to watch the better version. Not to say the original is bad.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I watched brotherhood with no knowledge of the previous anime or the manga and had no problems with its pacing.

Watch brotherhood, if you feel the opening is rushed too much go read the first 15ish manga chapters and then jump back into the anime around episode 9 or 10 iirc

Haly

I watched brotherhood with no knowledge of the previous anime or the manga and had no problems with its pacing.

The complaints I saw always contrasted Brotherhood with the original FMA.

Branduil

Personally I think both are worth watching. FMA, the original, is one of the most original manga departures I've ever seen and the direction they took it is really original and worth watching for that alone. Plus I loved the movie.
iW7X9njGpPXhP.gif

You're working hard to earn a spot on my list tonight.

Jesus I'm making enemies out of everybody on AnimeGAF due to my outspoken taste and rebellious attitude. If this were a shoujo I'd get all the bitches

Conqueror's of Shamballa is pretty fucking terrible, its like a bad direct to dvd what if story, except its supposed to resolve the story like of fma 03

Haly

We do not speak of Nazi Germany Alchemist.

I enjoyed it when I was like in my awkward teens when it came out. Give me a break, if it actually was bad then I wouldn't know.

I bet all of you loved Space Jam when you were kids as well. TRY WATCHING IT AGAIN.

Soma

I'm gonna laugh if we go through this entire thread without the title changing once just so Dresden can spite us.

From the New World 20

Shin-Sekai-Yori-Episode-20-3.jpg

Things happened. This show has terrible pacing. We go from the exciting high of episode 19 to this. But I still have some hope this show will end on a half decent note.

The show has executed on some of it's more exciting concepts but is also holding some cards close to the chest. Well let's see what the next 5 episodes have in store.

Quasar

Tokyo Ravens 23 - Wow. That was just full of awesome. Glad I was wrong about Tenma and Kyouko.

I thought she had detected some corruption/control magic over him which would lead to his betrayal

FMA starts following the manga then goes into fillers and then ORIGINAL ANIME ENDING
FMA : brotherhood sticks to the manga

In short if you want the normal story/experience , just watch brotherhood.

Xebec sin is great indeed
Because of this , we never had a full kyoto arc ( worthy of being animated ) , nor a full mundo magicus arc or the festival arc ( All of my rage )

didn't SHAFT do all the ovas and movies? Those had some great (but short) fights.

Syrinx

Magic Knight Rayearth 15

Dammit, Zagato's already ditching this guy? I kinda liked him; the dude could put on an act.

Credit to Fuu; in the past I've kinda raged at characters giving up in favor of sparing their love or whatever, and then the whole back-and-forth goes, but she didn't really hesitate, she was like "Nah brah". Plus if she gives up then Cephiro is destroyed anyway so it'd be a moot point. Also I highly doubt that's the last time Ferio will make an appearance.

5 episodes left. Still gotta awaken Hikaru's Rune God and then there needs to be a showdown with Zagato. Yep, truckin' along at this point. Hopefully there only being 5 left means they won't drag out the final confrontation longer than they need to.

Welcome to the club.

Now here's what you do. Walk into a busy time of day, say "HYOUKA SUCKS DIIIIIIIIICK" and don't post for a week.

Nobody has heard of Corvo since. They say he was vanquished by Prince Mytho from Princess Tutu. Which is understood to be his favorite anime. Nothing he says will change that.

Quasar

I enjoyed it when I was like in my awkward teens when it came out. Give me a break, if it actually was bad then I wouldn't know.

I bet all of you loved Space Jam when you were kids as well. TRY WATCHING IT AGAIN.

Heh. I thought it was shit. But then I think every modern attempt at using the Wb characters has been shit. Aside from maybe their cameos in Roger Rabbit.

Midonin

Sunday Without God 13

I enjoyed all three of the smaller stories. The first one just being some fanservicey fun was okay with me, and the latter two, showing the beginnings, going further and further back, to before God decided to get all passive-aggressive, cemented why I liked this series as much as I did. The atmosphere and the imagery of it all is spiritual and beautiful, and hope is ultimately there.

YuuShibu 13

The lewdest of the three seen tonight, obviously. Having people in a fantasy world playing pretend feels a bit too meta to wrap my head around. And it also had a hot spring! That scene with Nova was too lewd. If the flag could stand up the way it did, that must be quite the body. Fino's rationale for ordering the flytrap ("It had a 'Super' in its name, and even a Z!") was adorable. Myuri herself was cute, too.

Prisma Illya OVA

Since Illya was last on air, I've now actually seen FSN, and it turns out that watching that had almost no impact on this OVA. The idea of imagining things being a fundamental aspect of magic holds up, I have more context for that, and I'm looking forward to 2wei this summer. That said, Tatsuko > everything. The Red Goat! (She is very goat.) The Blue Jackson! And meat! And dancing! The animation for that ED dance was really well done, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom