• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Melancholy of Harumi Suzumiya 1

http://i.imgur.com/cApc0Hi.gif[IMG] [B]THE ANIME[/B]

I think this anime and I will get along. Gin-chan ftw[/QUOTE]
As someone who first saw Haruhi long before I had ever heard of or seen the Gintama anime, it's weird to see the Sugita recognition flow in the opposite direction that I'm used to. Though I'd think that for most people Gintoki probably is first.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't mind discussing anime. Arguing over which anime is worse is not something that directly appeals to me. Especially if it's two anime I don't really care for. Life is too short. Rather would spend it enjoying my discussions on this forum and talking about anime I do enjoy, rather then arguing over two bad/average anime.

I don't know what you want from me. If you want to discuss the fundamentals of KLK and Rosario and their faults I would be more than happy to do so. But if you want to call my intelligence into question and talk to me like I am five years old, I won't proceed with this discussion. I refuse to be patronized.
I was challenging your statements. I expected a defense, and responded accordingly, ranging from general matters to a more specific example. If argument calls your intelligence into question then I don't know what to say.

Gazoinks

As someone who first saw Haruhi long before I had ever heard of or seen the Gintama anime, it's weird to see the Sugita recognition flow in the opposite direction that I'm used to. Though I'd think that for most people Gintoki probably is first.

As weird as it is, my first Sugita was Goto in Samumenco.

As weird as it is, my first Sugita was Goto in Samumenco.

You're such a Sugita virgin. It's adorable. Brb I'mma go get my camera to take a picture of your prom dress. You and your date are going to be adorable and win cutest couple at the dance. Be back by 11 at the latest, I worry you know

edit: on the topic of Haruhi, does Michuru or w/e her name is serve any purpose besides crying moe blob?

Jintor

You're such a Sugita virgin. It's adorable. Brb I'mma go get my camera to take a picture of your prom dress. You and your date are going to be adorable and win cutest couple at the dance. Be back by 11 at the latest, I worry you know

edit: on the topic of Haruhi, does Michuru or w/e her name is serve any purpose besides crying moe blob?

Yes. But also not really. But also yes.

Gazoinks

My prom dress

Galaxy Express 999 2
txJkCAzl.jpg

Now that's what I call hair

This episode was kind of depressing!
Why did they want to leave? Oh I don't know. Maybe because they're in a broken down old west town with a population of 75% of a person and two and a quarter robots? Just a thought.

I liked the central drama of the story, but
it did feel a bit silly how Geronima shot what'sherface and then immediately started acting all broken up about it. I mean sure it sucks your lover was dead, but you just shot her! Maybe you could've spent some time trying to disarm her or something instead of immediately killing her?

Thematically, this episode brought up pretty much what I expected this show to bring up,
about how maybe it's not so great to be a super rad immortal robot! I do hope they develop it beyond that though, and don't just repeat the same though for 100 episodes!

Tetsuro is the most bloodthirsty child ever.

Solid episode, although I do hope... Matael. Maetal. Maetael.... Space Russian Lady plays a more active role in some of the stories.

Kyne

Still bored?

ironically enough I'm becoming what everyone in the series is becoming; uninterested. I honestly have no idea where this anime is going.. and not in the good way, in the "can it get there already" way.

this went from boring Slice of Life to more-boring Power Ranger pretty quickly.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well I can't fault the sentiment lol, but the arc simply worth it even if you skip everything else.

The level of effort is never this high for the anime.
The flashback arc was the last part of the manga that I enjoyed, unless the Aoki arc actually comes after, I forget.

Shortly afterward was when I wanted to throw what I was reading against the wall and the manga never recovered. :(

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 1

You cannot deny that Gundam sure knows how to start their anime. Wing had a great start and so did this. Cool music and a cool concept. Main character is pretty cool. The fight itself this episode was so-so but knowing Gundam we will have much better fights as we go. For some reason watching this really makes me want to rewatch Gundam Wing.

ironically enough I'm becoming what everyone in the series is becoming; uninterested. I honestly have no idea where this anime is going.. and not in the good way, in the "can it get there already" way.

this went from boring Slice of Life to more-boring Power Ranger pretty quickly.

Keep going. To be honest when they went into Power Rangers I got bored because, as you said, even the show's characters were bored with it after a point. And that's the point. I think it's brilliant. This doesn't last for too long.

Lurky

So I just finished no-rin and now I'm mad. Why must they do this? Just...Why? Every single time I think that there's going to be a real ending... Every fucking time... Fuck you, japan.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
IKYlmMLl.jpg

So Free is still a thing.

----

So I just finished no-rin and now I'm mad. Why must they do this? Just...Why? Every single time I think that there's going to be a real ending... Every fucking time... Fuck you, japan.
It's a presumably ongoing series with a love triangle, so of course it wouldn't end. But at least they ended it in the stupidest way possible. lol

What were you expecting? It's a comedy and an adaptation of an unfinished series.

sonicmj1

Mushishi 1-2

Goddamn this is disgustingly well-made.

I don't know how much I'll be able to watch before the next season of it starts, but what I saw here was really impressive. The way the show builds mood through well-chosen shots and sound design is like nothing else I've seen. It's unsettling and alien without quite feeling like horror, a fleeting glimpse of the impossible out of the corner of your eye. Each episode slowly builds and escalates without really drawing attention to itself, until you're surrounded by the supernatural.

I love stuff like this. Even if I can't find a clear pattern through it, or some sort of profound message, each episodic story and the small relationships within resonate well enough to satisfy me.

cajunator

Banned
Mushishi 1-2

Goddamn this is disgustingly well-made.

I don't know how much I'll be able to watch before the next season of it starts, but what I saw here was really impressive. The way the show builds mood through well-chosen shots and sound design is like nothing else I've seen. It's unsettling and alien without quite feeling like horror, a fleeting glimpse of the impossible out of the corner of your eye. Each episode slowly builds and escalates without really drawing attention to itself, until you're surrounded by the supernatural.

I love stuff like this. Even if I can't find a clear pattern through it, or some sort of profound message, each episodic story and the small relationships within resonate well enough to satisfy me.

I wouldnt describe it as disgusting. More like gorgeous.

wonzo

Banned
Nandaka Velonica 4-5

nandakavelonica4.jpg

At first I thought the butcher was lacing his croquettes with crack or something going by the OP:

i3TZAQWznRVe4.gif

But it turns out it might just simply be salt. Yep, that mineral refined from only the scrubbiest of FGC members. Well, either that or it's yet another one of the (fittingly voiced by Yuuki Kaji) Alien Resistance Fighter's DEATH METAL TACTICS.

Nordicus

Link Man is a true champion, going through Yami without breaking down.
What if he's already broken?

Right, I think I shall drop Daimao then. So next on my list is Kyousougiga.
Kyousogiga is fantastic! A bit confusing but at the end you'll be filled with so many happy feelings that your heart will pop

Just remember there are 2 different people named Myoue and 2 people named Koto

sonicmj1

Shin Mazinger Z 1

I have no idea what I just watched but I'm pretty sure an entire giant robot series just happened in 23 minutes and it was all awesome.

fertygo

The flashback arc was the last part of the manga that I enjoyed, unless the Aoki arc actually comes after, I forget.

Shortly afterward was when I wanted to throw what I was reading against the wall and the manga never recovered. :(

Yeah I can understand that, the manga in massive rough state after Eagle vs Takamura.. let say if the anime had 2 new 25 eps season after this, out from maybe 10-11 fight maybe only 3-4 fight that up to the series golden standard.

I''ll excited for at least one more season though, because in that range there's 2 fight that I love and rank really high for the best. the material for hypothetical "season" 5 gonna really bad though, and I don't excited for any content to animated in that range.. maybe I'll excited if there's adaptation for the more recent manga material
Vorg had amazing fight and Ippo finally had the match that worth a shit
and that probably only come in season 6 or something lol.

Fela Pure: Mitarashi-san Chi no Jijou The Animation 1

This truly has many things that just disgusts me. I'm well aware that being anatomy correct is like asking for the moon in this industry as a whole, but when you're effectively giving a person a tongue that belongs to a demon, you can already tell this is going somewhere bad.

I simply could not enjoy this, as my immersion is broken as many times as inner cushions are repeatably pierced, killing imagination, and only giving you a lesson of how wrestling doesn't actually work.

I think on one occasion, she was compared to a demon portal to a false paradise, and we didn't even go all the way before it became utterly repulsive. Fuck this shit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 25:

You know shit is getting serious when the announcer is calling out the individual players. Anyway, I can imagine that this game would look very boring at this point in time from the POV of the spectator.

Macross 7 1-7

I remember disliking this and dropping it after a few episodes many years ago, but given it's the only Macross thing I haven't finished, I gave it another shot. And I'm actually enjoying it? Basara is actually entertaining and the wackiness of it all is pretty funny? I wasn't expecting this.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo Rising 25

A god damn 10 out of 10 finish to the arc. I'd probably watch a complete series made with this amount of grit. The complete DESPERATION that oozed from the many moments in this arc made it so incredibly compelling to watch.

Manly tears were shed when Kamogawa and Yuki said their goodbyes

ixbzYCtuUkhJT.gif

sooo good. so did the gal die? I think i missed something.
I think it's pretty heavily implied, if it wasn't already spelt out before the flashback.
Radiation sickness so severe that it makes you spit out blood after a short timespan
is not conducive to living several more decades.

Maison Ikkoku 8
This episode was pretty funny and in general I've warmed up to the show. I'm still not enthralled with it, but the character dynamics have developed enough that it's become entertaining rather than irritating. Hopefully individual episode can hold up, because I'm not expecting things to move very quickly given the episode count.

Krogan

Fela Pure: Mitarashi-san Chi no Jijou The Animation 1

This truly has many things that just disgusts me. I'm well aware that being anatomy correct is like asking for the moon in this industry as a whole, but when you're effectively giving a person a tongue that belongs to a demon, you can already tell this is going somewhere bad.

I simply could not enjoy this, as my immersion is broken as many times as inner cushions are repeatably pierced, killing imagination, and only giving you a lesson of how wrestling doesn't actually work.

I think on one occasion, she was compared to a demon portal to a false paradise, and we didn't even go all the way before it became utterly repulsive. Fuck this shit.

Looked this up (this is NSFW for those who don't already know)...yup pretty accurate description. More or less looks like its adaptation for people who like that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom