• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Kara no Kyoukai 5 - Spiral Paradox/Paradox Spiral

I'd been told by duckroll and other friends that this one was the standout best. But considering I went into this with about the same appreciation for the series as Branduil has shown so far (I even skipped 4 because I heard it wasn't as good as 3, which had just enough good in it to be worthwhile), I couldn't have been prepared for just how good it was.

No, it's not entirely free of Nasu bullshit, because there are still wizards who talk about their purpose and origins and existential whatever, but not only does it feel like there's a bit less of it, some of it actually feeds back meaningfully into the plot without overwhelming it.

The key thing that sets this movie apart is the direction, and more specifically, the non-linear storytelling. The central focus of the film is an apartment complex with a spiral staircase where something isn't quite right. Repetition is an important theme, but the repetition isn't perfect. And we see that in how the story is told. The same action is sometimes shown before us over and over again. Events don't quite occur in order. At first, this is used to build confusion. An early montage shows two of the principal characters entering an apartment in a brief sequence rapidly repeated. A sink fills with discarded ice cream cups, and then fills up again. In a more traditional film, this would signify the passing of months. But soon we hear that only eight days have elapsed. Has it really been that little time? How can we know?

it2RWYcbbckqZ.jpg

Ufotable turns out stellar image-referenced background work, as they did in Fate/Zero. This is a very convincing not-Shibuya.

There is a reason behind it, and the puzzle of this apartment complex slowly reveals itself. But even when the rapid and disorienting opening third gives way to a slower-paced mystery investigation, the direction continues to keep the viewer off balance, somehow without throwing the movie into total disarray. It's a remarkable feat, and they somehow manage to explain it more explicitly in the end without seeming condescending about it.

There are lots of smart uses of film's ability to connect disparate times and places that I couldn't imagine working the same way in the written form, and it makes the plot hum with an energy that this property never had before. The repetitious spirals and balanced yin-yangs at the center of it all sound stupid when characters talk about them, but the editing imbues them with power.

ibdkfehOzUVs2a.jpg

The movie never disorients just for the sake of being disorienting. It knows exactly when to be clear with the audience. The "camera" stays perfectly still here for nearly a minute and a half, and it makes this scene one of the most powerful in the film.

Also, there are some really awesome action sequences. If I were a gifmaker, I'd share some with you.

It's a really interesting movie to watch, and I highly recommend it even if you don't watch any of the other Kara no Kyoukai movies. There's just barely enough context that you can probably get by. It actually stands with ufotable's work on Fate/Zero.

huh funny the review I read singled out the fifth as least impressive of the bunch.

All in all is the series worth giving a shot if I loved Fate/Zero ?

If I had to find issue with this film over the others, I'd complain that the fifth film was a confusing mess and I didn't know what was going on so I didn't care about anything. But I'd have to be an idiot to actually get that lost. This movie is on an entirely different level compared to the ones that come before it.

I'd say it's worth a shot if you loved Fate/Zero. I found 1-3 (especially 2) to be grating because of the ridiculous setting-related Nasubabble, but they all have the same sense of a hidden world of magic inside modern society and some pretty sweet action. Of course, you could just skip to 5 and save time.

duckroll

Magi S2 - Episode 25 (End)

Hmmm, not a bad way to end the season I guess. It's pretty much exactly what I expected as a manga reader, without much impressive animation or strong production values. I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of impressive effects animation for some of the scenes, considering it's the final episode, but it was still really faithful to the manga, which is more than I can say for the previous season. Overall this season of Magi was a huge improvement. I certainly wouldn't mind more being made in future when there's more manga material.

Kara no Kyoukai 5 - Spiral Paradox/Paradox Spiral

It's a really interesting movie to watch, and I highly recommend it even if you don't watch any of the other Kara no Kyoukai movies. There's just barely enough context that you can probably get by. It actually stands with ufotable's work on Fate/Zero.

I think you'd probably get lost having no grounding and not knowing who any of these characters are.

Nafe

Noragami

Since I didn't really post any comments on it during it's airing, anyone who reads my posts wouldn't know it but personally I really liked this show. It's good to see a lot of people watched it and liked it but to them it maybe wasn't that good. As for me personally though, I did think it was that good.

jbkF0P3C4ror0T.jpg

The show can have some pretty nice backgrounds at times.

For me I just liked the characters and how they played off one another and I wanted to see what would become of them. Yato is a god that doesn't have his own shrine yet or really any followers and he's trying to make his way to the top. I thought it was interesting since I don't think I've quite seen an underdog story quite like that before. With the happens to Hiyori and her acquiring her powers. What kind of things could happen now? What maybe happened in Yukine's past and will the others be able to change him?

I wish the supporting cast got a bit more time but I suppose that's the result of adapting just the first part of a work. I'd also wished the show had Hiyori helping with her kicking and fighting like she does to start with rather than it being too dangerous.

juXnzfXYGISC.jpg

One the one hand I'd like to picture spam but I'll just say that I thought there were quite a few funny moments in the show and it was really a gold mine for different reaction faces.

Like others have also mentioned, the show is pretty well executed on the whole as well. Visually I think it looks good and I like most of the designs. There's a nice amount of action which usually has pretty good animation. The direction is also pretty well executed on the whole.

It was already mentioned but maybe a good simple example is the nice parallel in Episode 5 "Borderline". Yato teaches Yukine that he has the power to kind of draw a defensive borderline separating him and possibly others on one side and keeping phantoms on the other. Later at the mall Hiyori puts Yukine outside the store after he tries to steal a skateboard and you see their feet separated by the entrance paint line. As if to say you're safe if you stay here but if you're on the other side you're entering a dark world which you may not come back from.

There's lots of nice shots such as this one where you see a larger version of Hiyori's shadow hinting at her new powers. The way it also crosses the line of the ground seems to be another hint at the idea of how she's crossing the boarder between this world and the other. Even the way it's not totally crossing you could interpret it as her actually only having half powers in that she's still human.

Again there's also the idea of twilight mentioned it the show where it's the transnational period of the day as it switches from the bright daylight to the darker night. One could interpret lots of layers just in one quick shot. It's actually just after this that you see Hiyori's "tail" appear.

To help tie in all together is the great soundtrack and sound design as well. Components of a show which can often get neglected in their effectiveness of bringing a show together.

Anyway, if others didn't like it as much, that's fine. Personally I really quite liked the show and it's one of my personal favorite of the season and hence the year so far. If we're doing the BONES comparison thing then I also preferred Noragami on the whole as well.

tumblr_myjxs42Qmr1snn0hpo1_500.gif

Thanks for reading. :)

cnet128

Banned
Wake Up, Girls! 12 END

That was a great finale. Even the dancing, though it didn't look as good as in the movie at the beginning of the series, for the first time didn't feel totally half-assed in terms of animation. It was still rough around the edges, but the song and the emotions and the choreography worked so well together that I felt like they really sold it. It certainly helped that it was the first time we got to hear the full version of 7 Girls War, which is still the best song in the show.

I was worried by the way the previous episode ended, because
that injury looked really nasty and I didn't see how they could possibly be at their best in the big performance with that kind of handicap
, but in the end it actually worked really damn well.
Having their I-1 rival come in and "fix" it for them made a whole lot of sense - this was one situation where the I-1 professionalism and absolute drive for results no matter what was exactly what they needed. It makes perfect sense that I-1 would have the know-how to push on through these kinds of injuries, and it allowed for a display of their strong bond of rivalry before the final performance.

And of course, the "solution" aside, we couldn't really have asked for a better way of injecting drama into this final challenge. The scene where it looked like they weren't going to be able to perform at all allowed for some real emotional solidarity between the girls. The requirement to change their routine allowed for some final powerful rehearsal scenes that really showed how far they've come in terms of working as a team.

And then in the performance itself,
Yoppi's decision to go for the jump regardless was a really satisfying dramatic moment in the middle of the episode's climax - the jump itself looked amazing, the stumble afterwards was a great "gasp" moment, and the flawless recovery was satisfying as fuck and served as yet another great illustration of how far the girls have come. Just a few episodes earlier, they couldn't have dreamed of pulling off that kind of improvisation smoothly, but it's clear that they've finally mastered the art of looking out for each other on stage. And that's wonderful.

As expected,
the girls didn't end up actually winning the contest - honestly, it wouldn't have felt like Wake Up Girls if the show had ended with an out-and-out victory - but that didn't matter at all, because the audience adored their performance, and it was clear that everyone who mattered could see that they'd proven themselves. Hell, I suspect if it hadn't been for that stumble they would have won it - that strikes me as the sort of thing the judges would probably be harsh on, recovery or no recovery, so in a way they lost precisely because they pushed themselves to give the best performance they could. Can't say fairer than that.

And then the very end of the episode felt like the perfect way to tie up the series - with
the sudden surprise of a major contract, which both feels natural and realistic after they put on such a great performance at a high-profile event, and also like the right conclusion to this show's story of the group going from complete nobodies to real stars.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series. It certainly felt a little rough around the edges, especially in terms of animation, but that's actually kind of appropriate for the kind of story it was telling, and I didn't feel like the show let those issues hold it back.

If I had to name one flaw, it's that the one-cour length didn't really give the show time to give all the seven girls the focus they deserved, not to mention the I-1 girls who started shaping up to have real potential as rival characters in the later episodes. For that reason, I would definitely be up for a second season if such a thing were to be on the cards. But at the same time, I don't feel like the show really needs one. It's told the story it set out to tell, of a group "making it" from humble beginnings despite all the hardships involved, and it did a good job of delivering its message about making yourself happy in order to bring happiness to others. And though the individual girls could have done with a little more focus, each of them did still get some chance to shine, and the show did a great job of developing them as a group.

Best girls: Minami, Miyu, Airi (in no particular order). Worst girl: Kaya, who is both the least attractive and never really had anything interesting going on as a character. Even in episode 9, which was essentially her "focus episode", it was Mayu and Nanami who got the real memorable moments.

sonicmj1

I think you'd probably get lost having no grounding and not knowing who any of these characters are.

The first movie has no context or explanation for anything either, so it's really not any better of a starting point.

I feel that as long as you know that Ryouga Shiki has special eyes that let her cut anything, you're pretty much set. All the other character relationships (particularly the magus rivalry at the center of the film) are explained well enough during the runtime.

Some things would still definitely be confusing, but I think you'd know enough to enjoy the most rewarding parts of the movie.

The first movie has no context or explanation for anything either, so it's really not any better of a starting point.

I feel that as long as you know that Ryouga Shiki has special eyes that let her cut anything, you're pretty much set. All the other character relationships (particularly the magus rivalry at the center of the film) are explained well enough during the runtime.

Some things would still definitely be confusing, but I think you'd know enough to enjoy the most rewarding parts of the movie.

The first movie also tells a linear and simpler story that isn't as reliant on nasuverse metaphysical stuff. If you watched the 5th film first, I think you'd spend most of it wondering what the hell is going on.

Theonik

Kaiji 11
If this show does one thing right it is nailing the atmosphere. Those delicious Kaiji tears.
And all the Zawa. And the commentator. *bow* *bow*
The OP rules as well.

Defuser

Space Dandy ep 13 END
This episode is rather good. The insert BGM during QT and Maker outing kinda reminded me of Daft Punk with the vocoders and the composition.

It's up right there ep 5.

Overall, the whole show kinda average with hits and misses but mostly misses.
But I do say the OST for this is kinda great to hear different genres ranging from jazzy 80's music to robotic electro.

But hell I'm still up for a season 2.

Mushishi 1-5

Checking this out now so I can watch the new season if I get into it. It's a pretty simple concept but I don't think I've really seen anything like it. I guess you could compare it to shitty paranormal shows that have the protagonist going around exorcising ghosts and such but this is very different in tone and structure. It feels really light on plot also, each ep has a mostly self-contained story but it doesn't feel like Ginko is moving towards some ultimate goal. It's pretty refreshing to simply watch him do his job, as weird as that job is.
If you're hoping for an over arching plot with an ultimate goal there isn't one. Its an episodic series, but still absolutely worth watching.

I realize that my problem with the Madoka movie Isn't how blatantly fanservicy is but how, bad the actual fanservice is. The five fighting together felt completely wasted, with an overly long and overly stupid transformation sequence. I didn't like any of the action sequences either.

It doesn't help that the second half of the movie, consists of Homura whining and Kyubey infodumping so much that the rest of the girls are left out. I feel like the only ones that got anything out of this were Yuri fans really.

cnet128

Banned
Nisekoi 12

Well, I think we're just about getting to the end of the saga of anyone paying any goddamn attention to the locket >.>

Shuu, why are you always such a bro in the most twisted ways XD

Magi S2 - Episode 25 (End)

Hmmm, not a bad way to end the season I guess. It's pretty much exactly what I expected as a manga reader, without much impressive animation or strong production values. I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of impressive effects animation for some of the scenes, considering it's the final episode, but it was still really faithful to the manga, which is more than I can say for the previous season. Overall this season of Magi was a huge improvement. I certainly wouldn't mind more being made in future when there's more manga material.

No tease of an s3 (is that even possible for the fall or early next year?). Unfortunately I dont think viz release will even be at this arc by then so Id be left dying to know what is happening next after this magnoshutatt.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobunagun Episode 13:

Right, I think Nobunagan, while having a suitably epic anime filler end here, kind of forgot that Jack the Ripper is not the MC, nor did they remember to make him an interesting or likable character. Also,
the Florence Nightingale mode
was just Histeria! levels of stupid.
That being said, Jack and Nobu hooking up was expected since they tried to do the heart torn between two love interests and failed about as hard as you can. Kaoru at the end of the day was a rather minor character up against the de facto MC and indeed I recall the last episode she was in once again turned to shipping Sio and Adam.
Indeed this episode recalls one of the biggest fumbles made of the entire series and that is we really needed an episode with the two platoons interacting and you know actually making me care about the supporting cast here. All and all, this was an okay show, not a highlight of the season or anything, but watchable.

Gazoinks

All in all is the series worth giving a shot if I loved Fate/Zero ?

In my own opinion, this is honestly not a very good idea. I did that and was massively disappointed. It looks nice, but the writing is not good. Especially if you're expecting characters nearly as good as F/Z. That being said, a lot of people seem to like them more than I did, so it's probably worth giving them a go.

Still need to watch the fifth movie though!

sonicmj1

In my own opinion, this is honestly not a very good idea. I did that and was massively disappointed. It looks nice, but the writing is not good. Especially if you're expecting characters nearly as good as F/Z. That being said, a lot of people seem to like them more than I did, so it's probably worth giving them a go.

Still need to watch the fifth movie though!

Does main--glasses-guy even have a personality? I can never keep his name in my head because he's such a waste of space.

I felt as you did about the first three movies, but you should definitely see the fifth. All the new characters introduced are more interesting than the existing cast.

Gazoinks

Does main--glasses-guy even have a personality? I can never keep his name in my head because he's such a waste of space.

I felt as you did about the first three movies, but you should definitely see the fifth. All the new characters introduced are more interesting than the existing cast.

His personality is being ridiculously dedicated to crazy people he's just met.

Yeah, seeing your review has motivated me to finally actually watch it. I'll do it this week.

duckroll

No tease of an s3 (is that even possible for the fall or early next year?). Unfortunately I dont think viz release will even be at this arc by then so Id be left dying to know what is happening next after this magnoshutatt.

There isn't much material left right now, so it makes sense that they have nothing to announce at the moment. There was a short arc after this one where Alibaba returns to Balbadd, but it would only be 3-4 eps at most. The current arc is probably going to be fairly long and it only just started. Maybe they'll announce something at the Magi Festival event in June.

fertygo

Including that valentine dude? lol

This remind me I haven't watch Mirai Fukuin yet, and I rather doing it in my setup at my home.. grrr

CorvoSol

G Gundam - 1

All righty, lets see what we got here:
1. Badass awesome OP? Check.
2. Guy who's got Kallen's hairdo and is badass outside of a Gundam as well? Check.
3. Awesome finishing move? Check.

Yeah this is definetly gonna be a good ride.

Kallen has Domon's hairdo and she uses his finishing move. Like if Suzaku is supposed to be Kira and Lelouch is supposed to be Char, Kallen is Domon.

G Gundam more like Gomi Gundam

Theonik's opinion auto-invalidated forever now.

Link Man

Banned
Kyousougiga 0

ibw7tOIRsk4vIi.jpg

This is exactly what I want out of an anime!

Unapologetically strange!

Creatively insane visuals!

Over-the top comedy and action, leagues better than Kill la Kill!

Rocking soundtrack!

Guys, watch this show!

I see you've already watched the first episode (I'm not sure which first episode, but I'm going to assume the amateur movie one), so I'm a bit late to the party here, but nobody actually gave the correct answer to your question, so I feel the need to chime in.

The best way to watch the series at this point is not to treat the first and second seasons as separate entities, but to watch them together in chronological order. This is the way it was aired when S2 was originally made, and this is the way that's closest to the presentation in the original novels.

The weird non-chronological order that S1 was originally aired in, though it arguably makes the series a little more immediately "interesting" through sheer oddness, primarily existed to solve a problem that no longer exists, namely that airing S1 on its own in chronological order would leave it with weird-ass pacing where its climax is in the middle and everything after that is one-offs and slice-of-life-y stuff. This problem no longer exists, because if you treat the series as a whole, the series itself now contains more than one lengthy arc, and the movie provides the perfect climax to tie it all up.

Watching S1 in its original non-chronological order now is also a bad idea because it encourages watching S2 on its own, which is the worst possible way to experience S2. S2 was designed to be watched as part of the larger series, and works much better in that context. On its own, it just feels kind of underwhelming.

I also think the callbacks that the movie makes to certain events are much more effective if you experienced them in chronological order than if you treated S2 as a separate afterthought..

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah before I started I read about the chronological order and saw it listed in Wikipedia for both seasons. So that's what I'm doing.

I understand some people like the out of order story methods because it can emphasize how well the creator can tell a story with visual clues and dialogue to tell you where it is, but I'd rather do it in order.

Midonin

Wizard Barristers 12 + Final Thoughts

Like with Galilei Donna, the concept behind the series was an interesting one, and I found the final series to be not that bad. Flawed, certainly, but it always interesting. Plus, this may be the only series I can think of that suggests
a lesbian relationship with Lucifer
as its final scene. The balance between the magical society and the lawyer aspect was never quite so heavy on the lawyer side, but from what I've seen of Japan's detective work, it's more interested in personal stories than it is the logic of the case - emotion triumphs. And it certainly did here. I thought the series had a few shades of Aria the Scarlet Ammo to it, but without a Kinji counterpart. The animation in episode 11 was pretty bad, yes, and some of the plot twists were a little convoluted, but I can forgive most of that because I liked the characters. Cecil and her random English was cute, Moyoyon and Sasori were good, and while Hotaru wasn't the most interesting, I grew more fond of her during the Canada expedition.

Flawed, but for me, the flaws never overrode the ideas it had going behind it. A net positive impression.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Kyousougiga 0

This is exactly what I want out of an anime!

Unapologetically strange!

Creatively insane visuals!

Over-the top comedy and action, leagues better than Kill la Kill!

Rocking soundtrack!

Guys, watch this show!

Keep in mind that Episode 0 was just an HD rebroadcast of the original ONA from 2011 and is an extremely condensed version of the actual television narrative. It's entirely skippable and just serves as a kind of proof of concept; the actual series is much more fleshed out and less confusing.

cnet128

Banned
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda 12 END

Well, I still have no fucking clue what I just watched, but it was quite magnificent and Kate is still the most adorable conqueror the world has ever known.

Also Roboko wat stop being so best.

MAY THE LIGHT OF ZVEZDA SHINE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

Link Man

Banned
Keep in mind that Episode 0 was just an HD rebroadcast of the original ONA from 2011 and is an extremely condensed version of the actual television narrative. It's entirely skippable and just serves as a kind of proof of concept; the actual series is much more fleshed out and less confusing.

I see. Thanks for the heads-up.

duckroll

Wizard Barristers - Episode 12 (End)

That was dumb. The entire series was dumb. But if they at least finished up what they were supposed to do to begin with and polished it up, it would have been entertaining. Instead it's a stupid story with stupid characters with a stupid non-ending which ended with two episodes that had incomplete action sequences, bad art, unfinished everything, and just unsatisfying production values on any standard.

After this and Galileidonna, I think Umetsu should really just have stayed in retirement. Judging from the lack of sales, no one wants his shit, and judging from how he can't even complete short series before they air, he has no business directing anymore. Go away Umetsu, no one wants you and you smell.

Jex

[Silver Spoon S2] - End

What if they like, made another season? Wouldn't that be the bestest?

Not that I imagine they will. It was fun while it lasted.

Theonik

Kaiji 16
Kaiji is dead meat and he doesn't even realise. His wins are just child's play so far. Don't be Kaiji Kaiji! What is this Zawa no kimochi?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wizard Barristers - 12 [END]

The series overall wasn't anything to write home about, though I do appreciate Momoyon and her moments with Cecil. Will be waiting for the BDs to see if
there's any uncut yuri sex scenes between the two. Because there's no way they're going to have them in bed like that and not show anything!
*fingers crossed*

Theonik

Wizard Barristers - 12 [END]

The series overall wasn't anything to write home about, though I do appreciate Momoyon and her moments with Cecil. Will be waiting for the BDs to see if
there's any uncut yuri sex scenes between the two. Because there's no way they're going to have them in bed like that and not show anything!
*fingers crossed*
Not every anime can be Butt Attack Punisher Girl Gautaman R

fertygo

Space Dandy - 13

This is fucking incredible, of course QT had the best episode he always being my fave from the start, his japanese voice just so cute.

Man.. I wouldn't call this winter is having one of the best line-up, but I don't remember being satisfied with so many ending/season finale episode before, so many show that ending this season satisfied me with their closing episode hell maybe even their all last 4 eps or so, while maybe its different matter for their overall package, these finale ranged around pretty good to hella amazing to me.

Kuroko's Basketball
Hajime no Ippo: Rising

And now Dandy deliver 5 star finale too, I'd expect Saki and GBF continue the trend, because their recent eps already have amazing climax for its own.. made me grateful I can catchup at right time before gonna got busy again.

Aaaaa.. I can't wait for GBF and Saki finale, Silver Spoon supposed have excellent ending too but I'll save that for different time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What you really need to see is the LN sales numbers and if there was any boost.
Oh yes, the Chihayafuru factor. lol

This is what happens when you use Aoi Hana as standard for judging yuri shows. ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Not everything has to be super-serious realistic dorama firehawk12!

Best Student Council still sucks! :p
BSC > KLK

And I just think that there are many more worthy yuri books to adapt. The problem is that long running yuri isn't much of a thing anymore, so you really don't have much to choose from.

Noragami

Anyway, if others didn't like it as much, that's fine. Personally I really quite liked the show and it's one of my personal favorite of the season and hence the year so far. If we're doing the BONES comparison thing then I also preferred Noragami on the whole as well.

Thanks for reading. :)
For me anyway, it really came down to them not having the time to do the Gintama-esque wacky episodes that are clearly there. The "one off" episodes only existed when they needed to introduce new characters - like Kofuku - but otherwise, it was all Yukine and then all Yato. It feels like a good introduction to a longer running series... or more precisely, an invitation to read the manga.

Much like that Bimbogami-ga anime from a year or so ago, now that I think about it.

Wake Up, Girls! 12 END

If I had to name one flaw, it's that the one-cour length didn't really give the show time to give all the seven girls the focus they deserved, not to mention the I-1 girls who started shaping up to have real potential as rival characters in the later episodes. For that reason, I would definitely be up for a second season if such a thing were to be on the cards. But at the same time, I don't feel like the show really needs one. It's told the story it set out to tell, of a group "making it" from humble beginnings despite all the hardships involved, and it did a good job of delivering its message about making yourself happy in order to bring happiness to others. And though the individual girls could have done with a little more focus, each of them did still get some chance to shine, and the show did a great job of developing them as a group.

So in the end, how did the show end up using the earthquake. And apparently 9/11, as another poster suggested?

Wizard Barristers - Episode 12 (End)

That was dumb. The entire series was dumb. But if they at least finished up what they were supposed to do to begin with and polished it up, it would have been entertaining. Instead it's a stupid story with stupid characters with a stupid non-ending which ended with two episodes that had incomplete action sequences, bad art, unfinished everything, and just unsatisfying production values on any standard.

After this and Galileidonna, I think Umetsu should really just have stayed in retirement. Judging from the lack of sales, no one wants his shit, and judging from how he can't even complete short series before they air, he has no business directing anymore. Go away Umetsu, no one wants you and you smell.

What about the mom?!

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono Encore 12 END

After how the previous series ended with a surprise tearjerking graduation episode, I was kind of wondering how they were going to follow that up for this season's final episode. I half expected them to do a graduation episode again, because screw logic! And as it happened, they did...but shockingly, in a way that actually made sense.

So yeah, this was a really nice final episode, and I think I liked it at least as much as last season's. It was a really cool surprise seeing
the previous club leader
, and perhaps even more fun seeing
Aoi in her "darker" days and the different dynamics of the club in general as she opened up and became a part of it

The only missed opportunity was that they should totally have had
a daki ED of Mio
, lol.

...Oh, and I couldn't help but notice a "To Be Continued" at the end there. C...Could it be that we're going to get actual new club members at some point?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom