• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for him because he never had a chance with blonde waifu. She wanted dat protag husbando d.

Kodai and Yuki make a great couple.

The very definition of a redshirt.

Right.

The ending was very realistic!

Yes but he played such a massive role, in fact he was the very reason all those people survived I would of thought they would commemorate him in some way. Iirc he was present in a couple of episodes so it wasn't like it was out of nowhere.

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi 15

Well, that must be the longest Ginko has spent in one place in a long time.

Maybe the rest will have done him some good.

BluWacky

I saw this in, of all places, Kinokuniya in New York, and it made me think of the thread. Obviously the book in the middle is not important.

IMAG0323_zpsxcyagi5g.jpg

They clearly know their markets - top floor is ALL geek stuff, middle floor respectable Western books, basement respectable Japanese books. Nearly picked up a copy of Crimson Labyrinth by the From The New World author but decided against it for now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes but he played such a massive role, in fact he was the very reason all those people survived I would of thought they would commemorate him in some way. Iirc he was present in a couple of episodes so it wasn't like it was out of nowhere.
You could say that about a lot of Redshirts. But that's just their lot in life.

The only Redshirt who got recognition was "Guy" from Galaxy Quest.

I saw this in, of all places, Kinokuniya in New York, and it made me think of the thread. Obviously the book in the middle is not important.

They clearly know their markets - top floor is ALL geek stuff, middle floor respectable Western books, basement respectable Japanese books. Nearly picked up a copy of Crimson Labyrinth by the From The New World author but decided against it for now.
No pictures allowed though! At least they had signs up when I was there.

You should check out the Bookoff that's like a few blocks north of there for their awesome used manga section.

cajunator

Banned
Awww. We love you too Azula.

Been thinking of doing the same with my family but they don't have a BD player for some reason and most of my anime is on BD so that sucks. But I have a bunch of friends, cousins, nephews and other siblings that love anime. So I am in pretty good company. Nice to hear you somewhat started Clannad. Looking forward to see what you think about the show once you reach After Story's end. But you've gotten farther then both Branduil and Corvo so far. :p

I bought and left a bluray player at my parents house for just this reason.

What person would see a naked goddess and run away in the opposite direction? Even I would talk to Saber there.

Nope.
z3LZkqhl.jpg

He's a hard scifi nerd who doesn't like 2001. :(

Who is this alien cutie?

BluWacky

No pictures allowed though! At least they had signs up when I was there.

Oops...

You should check out the Bookoff that's like a few blocks north of there for their awesome used manga section.

That's the plan later in the week - I just happened to go wandering and end up in Bryant Park and came across Kinokuniya by accident. I won't impulse buy manga at $7, but at second hand prices I might well do...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oops...

That's the plan later in the week - I just happened to go wandering and end up in Bryant Park and came across Kinokuniya by accident. I won't impulse buy manga at $7, but at second hand prices I might well do...

I bought some yuri magazines. It was actually nice to be able to hold one of them, given how much I have read over the last few years.

The mangas seemed to vary in price depending on popularity and volume number, IIRC.

Also, it's a much more grungier place compared to Kinokuniya, especially since they toss their used DVDs/games right at the front. lol

Who is this alien cutie?
Her name is Melda (the best-da) and she likes parfaits!

cajunator

Banned
I bought some yuri magazines. It was actually nice to be able to hold one of them, given how much I have read over the last few years.

The mangas seemed to vary in price depending on popularity and volume number, IIRC.

Also, it's a much more grungier place compared to Kinokuniya, especially since they toss their used DVDs/games right at the front. lol

Her name is Melda (the best-da) and she likes parfaits!

So does Chiaki in Bodacious Space Pirates!

I'm glad they ended the triangle pretty quickly.

I feel like the triangle was somebody wanting to do a typical anime trope. Then the director/writer realized that these two have fantastic chemistry and decided that fuck bad romance tropes. I'm willing to through sdburton a bone and have anime Starbuck pair up with sexy Interstella 5555 alien

I really do hope the next movie project ends up being the new season. I need more Yuki x Kodai. But more importantly more of what is easily one of the best sci fis in anime. One of my favorite episodes is the android one. Still need to watch that Legend of Galactic Heroes or w/e it's called.

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi 16

oh god

oh god this show

This show is, like, redefining bittersweet. Mostly by taking out almost all the sweet and replacing it with extra bitter. Bitter that is disguised as sweet.

If Kino no Tabi is "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is", then Mushishi is "The world is extremely beautiful and oh god kill me now".

Gazoinks

Mushishi 16

oh god

oh god this show

This show is, like, redefining bittersweet. Mostly by taking out almost all the sweet and replacing it with extra bitter. Bitter that is disguised as sweet.

If Kino no Tabi is "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is", then Mushishi is "The world is extremely beautiful and oh god kill me now".

The thing I really like about Mushishi's tone is how even-handed it is, despite being very bittersweet. Like, bad things happen to people because of Mushi, but the show never casts Mushi as being negative. They're just another life form living like anyone else, it's all part of the circle of life.

Nisekoi 8

Never disappointed when the show wants to be funny. Chitoge
reading her diary when she was five
was adorable. There was a certain melancholy to that scene. Also Tsugumi learning
about love and who she was falling for was soooooooo predictable
. But they executed well. That's basically this RomCom. Everything is so cliche and done before, but it just executes it so well that it can be forgiven. Characters are also a highlight. But I see there's not many episodes left so I am kind of sad I am approaching the shows end. It's been so fun.

They do. The space reunion scene is fucking amazing. In fact everytime I want to rewatch the show it's to see their relationship evolve.

Me too bro. Me too.
I didn't know this was a series so when I first watched I honeslty thought Yuki had died. Was so sad then happy that she was revived by his brother and came the realisation that this was going to be like the TLoU in the sense that we forsake humanity for the life of a loved one.

I really need to rewatch Mushishi. I didn't like it as much the first round since I didn't like the completely disconnected episodes.

@Psycho: you might want to spoiler that, just in case some haven't seen it yet. And yes, thank god it didn't end like it did. Space magic or not, I loved it.

Articalys

You guys should really read Jexhius's posts in the Kill la Kill thread. It's amazing just how FUBAR the script ended up.
I've been following along with it: the comments from the pre-show interviews, lines from early episodes, comparing them to where the plot ended up. It's interesting stuff.

cajunator

Banned
I feel like the triangle was somebody wanting to do a typical anime trope. Then the director/writer realized that these two have fantastic chemistry and decided that fuck bad romance tropes. I'm willing to through sdburton a bone and have anime Starbuck pair up with sexy Interstella 5555 alien

I really do hope the next movie project ends up being the new season. I need more Yuki x Kodai. But more importantly more of what is easily one of the best sci fis in anime. One of my favorite episodes is the android one. Still need to watch that Legend of Galactic Heroes or w/e it's called.

Interstella 5555 was an experience. I finally got it on DVD at a recent anime convention.

Mushishi 16

oh god

oh god this show

That is a really great way to describe it actually.

Shengar

The thing I really like about Mushishi's tone is how even-handed it is, despite being very bittersweet. Like, bad things happen to people because of Mushi, but the show never casts Mushi as being negative. They're just another life form living like anyone else, it's all part of the circle of life.

Episodes 13, 14 and 16 are like slaps to the face (13 being the hardest one for me). Even though episode 15 is rather weak, it actually nice change of pace from bittersweet episode.

Who's the one in Amagami with the short, wavy black hair? 'Cause she's the best.

EDIT: Ah, I figured it out. Her name's Kaoru. Yeah, she's the best Amagami girl.

1047173-kaoru_tanamachi_large.png

Just finished her arc. She's definitely in the lead so far -- but her arc isn't too interesting. She just gets a ton of points personality wise. I kind of wish the arcs were longer. 4 episodes seem too few.

Gazoinks

Episodes 13, 14 and 16 are like slaps to the face (13 being the hardest one for me). Even though episode 15 is rather weak, it actually nice change of pace from bittersweet episode.

13 was murderous. 14 had a happy ending though kind of! I just watched 15 and liked it, not up to 16 yet.

Blusby

Fate/Stay Night 1-3

"Girls shouldn't swing weapons around like that." Shirou pls she just saved your life.

Well the protagonist is indeed an annoying prat so far but the rest wasn't so bad. I just hope it won't turn into straight up harem.

Sakura seems surprisingly sane considering her F/Zero persona. (Though I'm not sure if the apparently constant cooking for Shirou can be considered sane.)
Oh God son what are you doing? Wait for the Ufotable adaption, DEEN managed to make an interesting character like Shirou into the worst, most pathetic protagonist ever. Never go DEEN.

There's no harm in watching that version. Then he can compare it with the infinitely superior Ufotable version.

Well as superior as something with a shit character like Shirou can be

cajunator

Banned
Oh God son what are you doing? Wait for the Ufotable adaption, DEEN managed to make an interesting character like Shirou into the worst, most pathetic protagonist ever. Never go DEEN.

It came a decade before Fate Zero. In retrospect you can say avoid FSN but previously that show was the thing to watch. That was how we got our Saber fix, Shirou be damned.

Maybe you should have gotten Corvo to watch Angel Beats instead ;)

HAHAHAHAHA. Maybe. He might've appreciated it.

I still stand by Clannad. None of us can claim to know Corvo's taste except him. He's not screaming bloody murder like with Yami every episode so I take that as a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom