• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
explaining gravy always sucks lol. on paper, shit is the most disgusting sounding shit ever.... but gravy is king.

*looks up biscuits and gravy*

1024px-Biscuits-and-gravy.jpg

- biscuits that look nothing like biscuits
- gravy that looks nothing like gravy
- meal that looks about as appetising as vomit

Yeah, I don't think I will ever understand Americans.

It's a southern thing, I don't think I've ever heard of it being terribly popular anywhere else outside of southern states. I don't experience it so much since my geek friends are such a multicultural group so we have people with different tastes for everything.

But we have 4 southern born white guys in our group. And while I've never seen them eat anything breakfast-like outside of fries with sausage gravy (and it's not like they go out of their way to eat it), they all do seem to enjoy mashed potatoes with gravy.

And I can't fathom why you would destroy the flavor of mashed potatoes with gravy. But then again I'm the guy who cannot eat french fries with any sauce, I'd rather have them by themselves.

So if Pancakes are the Devil, then what does that make French Toast?

le diable

sonicmj1

Would you have preferred if they were biscuits that looked like whatever you believe biscuits to be, and gravy that looked like gravy?

NeonZ

Well, outselling 3/4 of all anime titles is pretty okayish I guess.

I don't believe that the production committee is unhappy with the anime sales or the 100% boost of the manga sales since the anime anouncement.

Well, that manga sales boost sounds worth it at least.

cnet128

Banned
Would you have preferred if they were biscuits that looked like whatever you believe biscuits to be, and gravy that looked like gravy?

I can't say that would be particularly appetising either, no XD

Though it probably wouldn't look quite as awful.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sure, I just need to see your Kurumi Fan Club ID first. If you don't have one, you can join providing you pass the membership test, which involves writing a 5,000 word essay on why Tohka is shit.
shiiiiiiiit

Hey guess what.

Kurumi is shit. Tohka for life.

can't wait for DAL2. Kurumi will hopefully get put in her god damn place. And thats last place. Second to last place behind Origami.

Westlo

Sure, I just need to see your Kurumi Fan Club ID first. If you don't have one, you can join providing you pass the membership test, which involves writing a 5,000 word essay on why Tohka is shit.
shiiiiiiiit

Hey guess what.

can't wait for DAL2. Kurumi will hopefully get put in her god damn place. And thats last place. Second to last place behind Origami.

Let's stop fighting bros, it's Origami who's really shit!

Jintor

that gravy looks like sick. But then I remember what mushroom sauce looks like and that's still delicious. So i dunno. I guess I'd try it at least.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Yeah, we know how to make food that tastes good. ;)

Macross DYRL. That was bad. Pathetic writing. And worst girl won.

Pilot's Love Song. Really mediocre end for a mediocre series.

Kill la Kill. Ex-gainax staff does retread of past works, but it doesn't feel as tight as before, now it's just derivative, even in the "good" parts. In the bad parts, it's just weak.

Space Dandy 13. Not a bad episode, on the average or a bit above it. Better than the bad episodes (which are majority, for now), but it doesn't reach the first tier of good eps.

shiiiiiiiit
Kurumi fan club #000000132

And yep regular tohka is lackluster but origami is is so much shit.

Hey guess what.

So much wrong in this post. Can't wait to see S2 airing so that would hopefully gather lost sheeps

Westlo

We can all agree that Origami is shit. Miku and the Yamai twins are better than her just based off the key visual alone.

738609.gif

Edit - Minmay was pretty good in DYRL, actually felt sorry for her when she lost out in this one, I probably would've been #team minmay if I had no knowledge of the tv series and I watched DYRL, TV Minmay sucked.

Buddy Complex 13 - Acception [p1-END]

Great ending with an actually easy to follow and understand
time looping
mechanism that didnt make it feel that out of place or filled with paradoxical implications to make its even base concept flawed. Certainly its something that
All You Need Is Kill
should learn from if more is ever produced. Favorite parts of this episode was the Bradyon Next & Luxon Next and then dense Dio trying to avoid his feelings about Aoba and Aoba being quite forward but then not getting through to him. If Dio would only open up and realize these emotions.
tumblr_n3aa1ifKSS1tvuv8so1_500.jpg

Thus far Buddy Complex led the way in being the best mecha series of 2014 with its well thought out plot and funny yet endearing characters. Dio's growth throughtout the series from being hardened to finally opening up to his coupling partner was the best reward from this while Aoba true to himself and others worked on evoking change in others. I hope that this can be felt in the next half on
Bizon himself, as that obsession that transcends even time itself and focus makes him the prime target for change

Definitely the show that I need to see on BD for the mecha fights even looked splendid on my tiny four inch phone screen and even kindle fire display, but I cant even imagine how it looks and sounds on the big screen with TruHD. Good enough to have imported if other anime merc wasnt coming. All of the particle effects, lots of lasers, big cannons, fast speed light trails, and more interweaving with actually creative Valiancer designs is the selling points. 10/10.

The one triple horn sound or so that the composer uses is in so many songs, never got old.

With Fafner not coming this year, I hope that the other candidates can reach this level.

e_i

Wait, Kon has a human form? Why didn't he transform in the series?

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/0yuvb9j]
uvb9.jpg
[/URL]

Goddamnit.

cnet128

Banned
Wait, Kon has a human form? Why didn't he transform in the series?

Goddamnit.

Because either the studio or Kadokawa hate us. (They completely skipped over the chapter where this transformation is introduced, despite including the transformation in the OP, the teasing bastards!)

Because either the studio or Kadokawa hate us. (They completely skipped over the chapter where this transformation is introduced, despite including the transformation in the OP, the teasing bastards!)

Any chance of us getting an oav for this missed chapter ?

We can all agree that Origami is shit. Miku and the Yamai twins are better than her just based off the key visual alone.

738609.gif

Edit - Minmay was pretty good in DYRL, actually felt sorry for her when she lost out in this one, I probably would've been #team minmay if I had no knowledge of the tv series and I watched DYRL, TV Minmay sucked.

For reference, I just watched the movie as the first Macross related entry in my life. No context or whatsoever of the series.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Winter 2014 Vol. 1 Rankings, updated for last week's sales:

New entries bolded. There are some possible event ticket effects, but we'll have to wait for vol.2+ to know for sure.

Additionally, the first Blu-ray box for Gundam Build Fighters sells 3,845 limited edition (w/gunpla).

BD cutoff of 3,394 this week, so anything below that will have to wait until Thursday.

How the fuck did super sonico sell more than Sakura Trick? Get your shit together Japan.

CorvoSol

Isn't that still kinda bomba disc sales for a Gundam series? 00 sold over 30k per volume and we don't even have to mention SEED... AGE was epic bomba though. Of course for GBF gunpla sales are the most important money generator though.

Yeah I think the main question really is how its Gunpla did. I know I bought a ton 'cuz of this show.

I guess I can't blame you for liking Minmay if you only saw the movie, since she was a good character in the movie, but Misa will always be the better girl in my book.

So talking about sales Buddy Complex never charted, if so goddamnit or is it unknown.

I don't know how bluray/dvd sales work in the specific instance where the show is confirmed to have a second part already in the works. I would think that nobody would go "what it didn't sell well? Cancel the upcoming second part, we'll have to tell the channel to find something else to fill the timeslot"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hey guess what.

Oh hellllll no! Fuck Tohka!

Let's stop fighting bros, it's Origami who's really shit!

And screw you too!

Kurumi fan club #000000132

And yep regular tohka is lackluster but origami is is so much shit.

Oh my god AARRRRRGHHHH!

sakura trick is kotaku's anime of the season

yuri is mainstream now.

Cardfight Vanguard Link Joker

Mixed thoughts on this season. Really enjoyed the early slice of highschool life + children card game. The link joker stuff felt a bit forced and didn't really do much for me. Not a fan of how you have the same dude fighting back to back. makes stuff a bore to watch.

And the actual card game has kinda worn out its welcome.

I bet its fine to play irl, but the general strategy seems to be fairly similar no matter what deck or clan you use. You do your thing to boost up your attack/crit and then you throw haymakers at each other until one loses. This season seems to have way more 'heart of the cards' ass pulls to win vs strategy than before.

But the worst part is, they keep on teasing some resemblance of a highschool romance going on... but nothing, nada. It's like people in suits are fighting over the direction of this show... bah.

s4 seems to be about kai... maybe he will get more than 1 facial expression?

fertygo

I guess I can't blame you for liking Minmay if you only saw the movie, since she was a good character in the movie, but Misa will always be the better girl in my book.

I watch both and Minmay is my fave.. So..

Misa may won love pursuit, but Minmay have the song and the icon for space diva trope.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If this is accurate, then it makes the idea of "biscuits and gravy" even more worrying, because scones are a sweet snack and the idea of eating them with any kind of meaty sauce is decidedly sickening.

Here, this'll clear it up. From Wiki:

In the United States and Canada, a "biscuit" is a savory quick bread, somewhat similar to a scone, though eggs and sugar are not used in the dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom