• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi 18

That was quite a down-to-earth episode. Which makes sense, I suppose, since the mushi turned out to be earth.

It also had one of those endings that actually felt positive and hopeful. I hesitate to say actually "happy", considering the shit the guy suffered to get there, but yeah. Could definitely have been worse.

Did a bunch of new (old) shows just get added or re-added to crunchyroll? There are some that I don't recall seeing before.

Like Fortune Arterial and Maburaho.

CorvoSol

He's looking for inspiration, unfortunately I don't think he'll give us anything to match Novid's best.

To this day I cannot follow what that entire rant's train of thought was. Like, I think he's saying that men literally never could have sex with women without fetishes, but that makes the absolute opposite of sense so I don't know. I think he's trying to extrapolate OreImo to be some manner of critique on the way modern society handles sex, sexuality and sexualization, but it's just so completely insane that I think Kawamori could do a better job of explaining it to me.

Oh yeah, the guy who spoke gibberish half the time. I was confusing him for someone else.

To this day I confuse Cwarrior and Novid.

Unlike many, I actually enjoyed Destiny. I know it's bad, but it was my 2nd Gundam show after Wing, so I have some weird opinions on it.
Seed was my first gundam show , and then i watched wing , funny how life choices can lead people astray.

Get on that! If anyone other than me will like Destiny, it'll be you, and it'd be nice to not be the only person to like Destiny.

Well DTL liked gundam AGE so .....

To love ru did better than that, but its didn't help at all when the series struggling at WSJ polling (which Nisekoi currently in bottom of ToC almost on every week) and got cut, before continuing as monthly serialization.

Nisekoi may follow the same path.

Shueisha seem not interested with keep milking manga that already hit the ceiling for 200-300k per volume even after giving effort wwith making anime, they rather cut it and find another bigger seller potential (see Nurarihyon no Mago)

As it should. Don't why Niskeoi has garnered attention when its your stereotypical mind numbing harem. The quicker the harem genre dies the better ( or at least is forced to improve).

Narag

Record of Lodoss War 3

KyVO7jLl.jpg
77P49Htl.jpg
dNJttF1l.jpg
Bad guys steal the show this ep. all dat Marmo

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Part of the "problem" is that everyone here is free to do their own thing. It's not like Toonami where there's a set schedule of anime for everyone to watch each week.
I dunno, I bet you could get a group of people to bitch about Madoka Rebellion. lol

Also, the SDBurton x DTL podcast is just obvious.

CorvoSol

Part of the "problem" is that everyone here is free to do their own thing. It's not like Toonami where there's a set schedule of anime for everyone to watch each week.

Can you imagine how awkward it would be?

"Hey Branduil, did you enjoy this week's episode of Great Mazinger?"
"That came out in the 70s."
"How about that new Precure guys?"
*DOOR SLAMS OPEN*
"HEY DOES ANYBODY IN HERE WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN BECAUSE I LIKED THAT?"

Well DTL liked gundam AGE so .....

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Gazoinks

Can you imagine how awkward it would be?

"Hey Branduil, did you enjoy this week's episode of Great Mazinger?"
"That came out in the 70s."
"How about that new Precure guys?"
*DOOR SLAMS OPEN*
"HEY DOES ANYBODY IN HERE WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN BECAUSE I LIKED THAT?"

"Is it just me or is there whimpering coming from the corner?"
"That's just someone watching Yami, don't make eye contact."

Yeah but I felt bad for her when
she got killed.
Like, 15 year old me bought right into that. PLUS it was fun to see Athrun have ladies hang off of him. Athrun deserved so much better than what he got in that show.

I still don't know why
they broke up with Cagalli in destiny and then suddenly he was with Meyrin without any sort of reason
. Damn destiny was bizarre but 16 old me still loved it.

Branduil

I dunno, I bet you could get a group of people to bitch about Madoka Rebellion. lol

Also, the SDBurton x DTL podcast is just obvious.

I think for it to work it would have to be done in conjunction with that weekly watching arrangement a few people did, where they all watched the same 4 backlog shows on the same day each week.

CorvoSol

"Is it just me or is there whimpering coming from the corner?"
"That's just someone watching Yami, don't make eye contact."

This week's episode to feature a moderated debate between Theonik and Chet on the virtues of Hometown and Life.

I still don't know why
they broke up with Cagalli in destiny and then suddenly he was with Meyrin without any sort of reason
. Damn destiny was bizarre but 16 old me still loved it.

Cagalli gets the worst of it out of all the returning cast in Destiny, I think. I lost all respect for her character in that show. The only returning character who may compete on that level is
Mu, since that Neo stuff was so poorly handled.

/XX/

FY2014 begins in Japan, and that could bring an event for the ages if their estimation of the project completion date remains the same (well, in the works and with that provisional time-frame since forever, but it still stands); the grand opening of the long touted Tokyo International Manga Library:

MEIJI UNIVERSITY TOP|Tokyo International Manga Library
http://www.meiji.ac.jp/manga/english/

We keep seeing the same non-committal wording (no specific additional information and same 'promotion') in regards to this upcoming permanent installation, from the recently released Meiji University business plan for the new fiscal year (http://www.meiji.ac.jp/chousaka/plan/6t5h7p00000c6jex-att/2014jigyoukeikaku_all.pdf). This probably means things are to be seen far away on the later months of said fiscal period, but I also think the real wait should begin now along the rising expectation, because the massive museum planned and curated by 'otaku'-dom scholar Kaichirō Morikawa is sure going to be worth of that excitement and much more (should it have been called the 'Otaku Museum', as it was first tentatively named in Mr. Morikawa's 'dōjin' circle cataloguing efforts?), taking into account the fixed exposition of Comiket founding fathers Yoshihiro Yonezawa & Tsuguo Iwata full collections (with parts of them already in exhibition) to be present and also the proper Comiket's committee support cooperation with further availability of its own extensive catalogued stock in the following years!

Truly a new milestone for the broader, "upper" cultural presence of this fandom... I hope they expand on the membership access and subsequent accessible content scanning permits actually in place on their temporary Yoshihiro Yonezawa Memorial Library of Manga and Subculture.

Early-bird advise for you, to start organising your visit on a future trip before making any other travel reservations. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think for it to work it would have to be done in conjunction with that weekly watching arrangement a few people did, where they all watched the same 4 backlog shows on the same day each week.
Maybe I've been Giantbombed for a while, but I prefer it when people bring their own thing to the table because it lets the conversation be varied.

Articalys

Still no word on what's going on with Crunchyroll and JoJo, but they'll be simulcasting Majin Bone for sure.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/01/crunchyroll-to-stream-majin-bone-anime
Majin Bone will simulcast Tuesdays at 4:00am starting with ep 2 on April 8. Episode 1 will be airing today, April 1 at 5pm, due to delivery of materials.

Majin Bone will be available in the following territories: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America (Central and South America including Mexico)

cnet128

Banned
Mushishi 19

Aw hells yes!
A real, honest-to-god happy end! From the moment they introduced a cute couple with love obviously blooming at the beginning of the episode, I was all ready for the two of them to get hopelessly torn apart. And sure enough, the girl got dragged off into the sky by a mushi just a minute or two later, and the parents didn't approve of the girl at any rate, and even after Ginko managed to bring her back, they didn't do a good enough job at keeping her there and she just ended up floating away again.

But then THEY ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIX IT! Through the power of love, no less! Even after everything went wrong, her feelings for him kept her from floating away completely, and by accepting that she was there even if he couldn't see her, and not giving a FUCK what anyone else said, her husband - yes, husband, because he was awesome enough to even marry a girl he couldn't see - managed to bring her back for good!

Having a story like this almost makes all the heartwrenching tragedies worthwhile.

Gbraga

Shieeeet, didn't know Lotus Juice was part of JoJo's OST. I need to start watching it as soon as possible.

Maybe I'll try to at least watch the first episode today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom