• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gundam Build Fighters 21

Is... is this the light of the heart?!

uofAbNb.png

Haibane Renmei 8

Last one of the night. Rakka is just falling apart at the seams.

She is saying some pretty crazy stuff in
that well
. Not sure what to make of some of these developments yet. I am interested to see how this all comes to a head at the end.

Gazoinks

Mushishi 19

Aw, this was a really sweet episode. That's two in a row. Does that mean the next one is going to be double dark. :p

What is this from?

Is it Kurokami? I don't remember for sure since I only watched one episode of whatever it was, but I think it was that...

there's your answer. Kurokami the Animation.

I highly recommend against it. It starts out with promise as a weird battle anime with some pretty sweet animation/choreography. Reminded me a bit of Ben-To.

But then like 2 episodes later it just becomes standard battle anime with main character who can't do crap, the animation quality drops, and it just overall goes bad. In fact the most interesting part of the anime was the first episode when it was

"Everything I love dies" the anime. God I wish I could experience Another again. Those deaths.

there's your answer. Kurokami the Animation.

I highly recommend against it. It starts out with promise as a weird battle anime with some pretty sweet animation/choreography. Reminded me a bit of Ben-To.

But then like 2 episodes later it just becomes standard battle anime with main character who can't do crap, the animation quality drops, and it just overall goes bad. In fact the most interesting part of the anime was the first episode when it was

"Everything I love dies" the anime. God I wish I could experience Another again. Those deaths.

Yep, that's Lim Dall Young in a nutshell. What we need is an anime of Zero.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tenchi Muyo! OVA 12

That whole exchange between Washu and Dr. Clay may very well have been the highlight of the show so far. Just so hilarious how much she was fucking with him and not taking him the least bit seriously for the most part despite being a fairly serious situation.
It also cements Washuu's position as best character in the show.

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 13

"Meoooow Meoooow meow meow meow meow Meoooow Meoooow meow meow meow meow meoooooooooow meooooooooooow Meow Meow Meow"

Last episode was the best episode. Misaki's interactions with everybody were pretty hilarious, especially with Ryoko. And then the King chose that douche to be Ayeka's husband? What the hell did he see in him? He's a massive douchebag with horrible hair. Seriously how could you tell your own daughter to fuck that guy?

Mihoshi's entrance was great as usual. Was hilarious how Washu bet on her and then everybody else figured out what she meant and got their umbrellas ready.
A favorite moment of mine from that ep was the look on Washuu's face after being asked if she's proud of Ryouko.

Don't forget to watch the bonus short 13.5. Then you're ready to start the Sammy OVA and then Sammy TV. They aren't related to each other plotwise, but the OVA departs less from the mainline Tenchi stuff and TV show makes a few jokes based on the OVA.

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 19

iilIqEvWwLFN8.jpg

Well, they certainly clean up nicely.

Oh my god, Kitamura. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but let'say that :DTL is in play for a brief moment.

Aww, that was sweet of Ryuji. And now Taiga realizes her feelings.

Oh god, my heart. This show loves stomping on it.

;_;

Toradora 19

iilIqEvWwLFN8.jpg

Well, they certainly clean up nicely.

Oh my god, Kitamura. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but let'say that :DTL is in play for a brief moment.

Aww, that was sweet of Ryuji. And now Taiga realizes her feelings.

Oh god, my heart. This show loves stomping on it.

;_;

See people always say this and I always go, "really"?

Don't get me wrong, I love Toradora to death (well except the ending but that's for another day and discussion), but I didn't get sad or upset at that part. It didn't give me a whole lot of time to absorb that moment. I just went
"oh Taiga just realized that Ryuji is awesome. Cool."
. I never got the feels during the show. No heart stomping moments. Just a few sweet moments and a few moments were characters do dumb stuff so sometimes you get a little sad.

But after what After Story did to me, it would take something pretty potent to get me bawl like that again. Toradora wasn't that anime and that's not what I expected it to be when I watched it. So I didn't expect it but when it did happen my face was like :/.

I am always flabbergasted when people say that. And that's fine I guess. Shows affect people in different ways. I watched Angel Beats before Clannad. Had I not done that I probably wouldn't have been as emotionally attached to that show. I felt sad when the show (Toradora) wanted me to be sad and was laughing when it wanted me to laugh. But I never got the feels nor did I think for a second it was stepping on my heart. Because that's not the show it was. It was a lighthearted show and I took it in stride. The feels was never a part of the equation.

What hype and praise?

Pretty sure Fate/Stay Night is universally loathed.

Any "hype and praise" you see for FSN is specifically for the VN. The anime is nearly universally hated.

I see so its the VN thats really good.

You may be thinking of Fate/Zero.

You're watching the wrong show.

Fate Zero is the popular one. FSN in its time was fairly popular but has been effectively replaced by FZ.

-____-

Well shit. I think I may indeed be watching the wrong show. Oh well might as well finish it.

wonzo

Banned
Nandaka Velonica 8

nandakavelonica8.jpg

In this episode Nandaka gets body swapped with a fried shrimp. Yeah, you heard that right.

also dancing:

ipT8hIEYxs1l4.gif

Puchimas!! 2

puchimasus22.jpg

And then producer was arrested. good job

Link Man

Banned

Don't get me wrong, I love Toradora to death (well except the ending but that's for another day and discussion), but I didn't get sad or upset at that part. It didn't give me a whole lot of time to absorb that moment. I just went
. I never got the feels during the show. No heart stomping moments. Just a few sweet moments and a few moments were characters do dumb stuff so sometimes you get a little sad.

But after what After Story did to me, it would take something pretty potent to get me bawl like that again. Toradora wasn't that anime and that's not what I expected it to be when I watched it. So I didn't expect it but when it did happen my face was like :/.

But I am always flabbergasted when people say that. And that's fine I guess. Shows affect people in different ways. I watched Angel Beats before Clannad. Had I not done that I probably wouldn't have been as emotionally attached to that show. I felt sad when the show (Toradora) wanted me to be sad and was laughing when it wanted me to laugh. But I never got the feels nor did I think for a second it was stepping on my heart. Because that's not the show it was. It was a lighthearted show and I took it in stride. The feels was never a part of the equation.

But
Taiga's scream.

fertygo

Samurai Flamenco - 17

What the fuck this is bwahahahaha, I can't stop laughing from start to the end.. this is priceless.

And even this show had better action episode than KLK, smh...

But
Taiga's scream.

Did nothing for me. It was just an extension of the emotion she was having right before
she ran out of her apartment and running down the hall
. So in context it meant nothing to me. Plus she
screams all the time, so I was conditioned by that point to react to her screams like "Oh... Taiga is screaming again"

you're a robot

I don't remember how or if i reacted

Hahahaha.

What is emotion? Lol.

The show was hyped up to me as comparable, emotional wise, to Clannad After Story. That was my first mistake buying into that. Not that it made the show less enjoyable but it left me wanting. After the first few episodes I knew I was lied to and took it for what it was. It just surprises me people get the feels at the parts they do. I really don't feel that's what the show did right. It made likable characters with well written personalities and that's why it was so endearing. The feels is a lie made by extreme Toradora fans. Come at me Toradora fans!

Jintor

lol. you said yourself that emotions differ from person to person so by definition you couldn't possibly have been lied to. but i do agree that expectations will colour how you feel about something so I try and avoid them as much as possible. (although i appear to spread them still, so, idk)

lol. you said yourself that emotions differ from person to person so by definition you couldn't possibly have been lied to. but i do agree that expectations will colour how you feel about something so I try and avoid them as much as possible. (although i appear to spread them still, so, idk)

I did say that. Still feel like it was hyped a bit too much.

That's why I dropped that hype expectation by episode 2/3 and just enjoyed it for what it was, a great RomCom.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I did say that. Still feel like it was hyped a bit too much.

That's why I dropped that hype expectation by episode 2/3 and just enjoyed it for what it was, a great RomCom.
Wait, you got disappointed and dehyped in episode 1? Haha, that's a bit early to be making conclusions for a show.

Watch Monster, that is certainly a change of pace.

Interesting you say that.... cause I am on episode 7. I stopped to finish up Kill la Kill, The Tatami Galaxy, Nisekoi, From the New World, Toradora, Engaged to the Unidentified and Haibane Renmei (which I should be done with tomorrow). I'll be starting it back up once I am done with Haibane. At that point I will be working on G Gundam, Monster and a few other shows I promised some on here I would watch.

Wait, you got disappointed and dehyped in episode 1? Haha, that's a bit early to be making conclusions for a show.

I didn't say disappointed. I said it was different then what it was hyped up to be and readjusted my expectations. I still very much liked the show.

i think he expected it to be something else entirely.

i should give this clannad thing a watch someday

If you do just remember that S1 is a little bit of a slog to get through. After Story is worth it.

When people are singing praises(myself included), we are usually talking about After Story. S1 helps establish certain plot points and characters as well as getting you ready for After Story. It isn't absolutely essential but if you don't want to be lost in the early episodes of After Story you should watch S1. Plus it helps you resonate with specific characters and understand their actions and motivations later in After Story.

Edit: That being said I legitimately love Season 1 but can totally see why some might not like it as much as I did.

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei 6
Kuu%20with%20Rakka%20trying%20on%20her%20coat.png

Oh crap! Things are happening!

There was quite a bit of foreshadowing to
Ku's Day of Flight
in this episode. I knew
she was going away
. But strangely I wasn't sad about it. I don't know. I wasn't enamored
with Ku
. Well at least I know that this is a thing. However, I feel like I was supposed to be sad about that ending but I'm really not.

More revelations and stuff to come no worries.
I liked Ku a lot. A happy and bouncy optimistic person like myself.
Makes me wonder which Haibane character animegaffers would be like lol.
Also this fansite:
http://cff.ssw.net/
Beware there is open discussion about every aspect of Haibane Renmei so visit this site after watching it.

So anyone looking for Hitsugi no Chaika?
Come on,look at those eyebrows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO7eXXIt8fA

Im looking forward to it!

But I liked Rebellion.

whoa. a K-on avatar? Avy bet lost?

I am always flabbergasted when people say that. And that's fine I guess. Shows affect people in different ways. I watched Angel Beats before Clannad. Had I not done that I probably wouldn't have been as emotionally attached to that show. I felt sad when the show (Toradora) wanted me to be sad and was laughing when it wanted me to laugh. But I never got the feels nor did I think for a second it was stepping on my heart. Because that's not the show it was. It was a lighthearted show and I took it in stride. The feels was never a part of the equation.

Hmmm. If that didnt affect you I dunno what would.
Maybe Saikano.
Definitely Barefoot Gen.

It's deep love.

First and last VA pun I'll ever make.

VERY understandable. Love at first sight.

More revelations and stuff to come no worries.
I liked Ku a lot. A happy and bouncy optimistic person like myself.
Makes me wonder which Haibane character animegaffers would be like lol.
Also this fansite:
http://cff.ssw.net/
Beware there is open discussion about every aspect of Haibane Renmei so visit this site after watching it.

Hmmm. If that didnt affect you I dunno what would.
Maybe Saikano.
Definitely Barefoot Gen.

I could use a good cry. So if you guys know of any that could get After Story levels of sad lay it on me. I love when a piece of entertainment can move people the way AS did. It literally made me re-evaluate certain aspects of my life. If a show can do that you have true piece of art. Don't let what I just said over hype any of you. That's just what it did for me. Like I've said before different shows affect people in different ways.

Violinist of Hameln

You recommend this? I'll be sure to hate on it. :p

No seriously, I'll give it a go if you think it will move me.

cnet128

Banned
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Act 2 1

We spend a minute or two rehashing jokes from the first season and then... we... suddenly Harvest.. Moon?

Wait what? What?

What even is this episode?!

Ahahahaha. Welcome to Milky Holmes S2. Leave your brain at the door. (If you don't want it to turn into mush.
Or lard.
)

Kuroneko's sister is the cutest thing ever.

Oh my fucking god, I think I'm in love now. Let's start a beautiful family together, Kiririn.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love your opinions on Oreimo?

Mushishi 19

Aw, this was a really sweet episode. That's two in a row. Does that mean the next one is going to be double dark. :p

Surprisingly, not exactly!

Now, the one after that, on the other hand...

duckroll

Avengers Disk Wars - Episode 1

That was pretty bad. Direction was totally erratic, nothing flowed naturally, scene transitions didn't exist, and most importantly the designs were SO BAD. Everyone looked like some weird uglyass thing out of a bad Digimon series. Hulk probably looked the best, along with the MODOK cameo. Anyone who's supposed to be remotely human looking was ass. It was dumb, it wasn't fun, and it was ugly. Dropped!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Avengers Disk Wars - Episode 1

That was pretty bad. Direction was totally erratic, nothing flowed naturally, scene transitions didn't exist, and most importantly the designs were SO BAD. Everyone looked like some weird uglyass thing out of a bad Digimon series. Hulk probably looked the best, along with the MODOK cameo. Anyone who's supposed to be remotely human looking was ass. It was dumb, it wasn't fun, and it was ugly. Dropped!

Sounds like it would fit right in with The Marvel Universe action block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom