• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The corruption begins.
3mO7bwz.jpg

We've had the Upper Crust of puns in this thread, I wonder how long it will pan out before it's brown bread?

Witch Craft Works 12
I hope this gets another season, I really like watching it animated, hopefully the Manga goes on long enough for them to consider it.

Edit: looks like the bread puns have dried up.

I rather enjoyed WCW, the anime was pretty close to the plot fromt he manga, being an almost 1:1 lift in many places.

Biggest problem is well, even the manga hasn't yet reviled the great mystery int he backstory, so the anime had little to really go off of.

But yeah, really looking forward to a second season once the manga has enough material.

Narag

It's called... an opinion? Not quite sure about that. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

To declare Excrl Saga the worst anime ever only further illuminates how little you've actually seen. There's some real shit out there.

I'm looking at you, Kannazuki no Miko

Gbraga

Six months from now you'll be telling us your favorite kind of monster girl.

Lamias and mermaids are the shit.

I love Arachne in Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, but just because of her personality, spiders are creepy >_<

Yes its Makoto from The iDOLM@STER.

tumblr_mo16spFn0F1qi797xo6_500.gif

I've just recently finished it a few weeks back and I enjoyed it, you should watch it too!

She seems to be my kind of girl, I'll definitely watch it! One more for my infinite backlog.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
To declare Excrl Saga the worst anime ever only further illuminates how little you've actually seen. There's some real shit out there.

I don't have this problem because I only watch the best and most epic animes, like Sword Titan Attack and Angel Beater.

cajunator

Banned
Yep, Tessa is easily best girl.

HELL YES. I love silver haired maidens. Especially if they have military prowess or powers. hnnngh.

Hehe. I thought as such. But you never watched the show!

She absolutely is.

A large portion of the fanbase seems to hate her, but these people are crazy.

This is true though. I was really disappointed by the second season as a whole. It's still worth watching if you have no other way of experiencing the material, but they left out so much good stuff from the novels and the pacing felt really off a lot of the time as a result. Makes me sad to see a series I love handled so poorly.

Ironically enough, the ending (by far the most controversial part of the series) was probably the part they adapted most successfully.

I dont like her bitchiness and really just dont find Kirino cute looking.
I also dont like characters like Miki in Idolmaster so maybe I just dont like the hyper blonde characters.

Maid Kuroneko was a gift from god.

Oh god yes. And they made figurines of that version. With cat ears. Which I bought of course.

Just in time for its first airdate tomorrow, Crunchyroll will stream Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...l-to-stream-inugami-san-to-nekoyama-san-anime

No confirmed simulcast schedule for it yet, but it'll be available worldwide (except Japan).

This is highly relevant to my interests.

Excel Saga.

Wonderful anime. Do not marathon.

I need a list of shows, some beer, and my Best of Def Leppard Jams.

Let's do this shit.

Also Excel Saga has a decent enough rating, I'll add it to list.

edit: my god. This is the director of Excel Saga?
7V85F3v.jpg

That glorious afro. I'm in love

Excel Saga is glorious and exhausting. Nabeshin the director is in the anime a lot. Its hilarious.

It's from Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens. I've not seen it, just remembered seeing that gif before and I couldn't find it again until right now.

Kannagi? Are you sure? Doesnt look like Kannagi at all.

cnet128

Banned

It's funny because the bread is penis.

Mushishi Tokubetsu-hen: Hihamukage

Eclipses, now with mushi. Everything is better with mushi. Or more disturbing. Or life-destroying. But you know.

Adashino is such a scrub it's hilarious at this point. Poor guy, he just loves those mushi but they don't love him back. Which is probably for the best. Mushi love can get...complicated.

Anyway, I'm now all caught up on the Mushishi right in time for the new stuff on Friday! Woo!

Just one challenge remains in my preparations for the Spring season...

Link Man

Banned
Toradora 23

Well, here comes the drama. Looks like things have finally come to a head.

And I still don't know what the hell is going on with Ami.

Syrinx

Puchim@s! 1-2

Maybe I should wait for the Makoto and Takane ones to show up, but I'm not really digging this. Generally not a fan of three-minute episodes in general, though I understand why they're used for this show.

We went from bread puns to tsundere dinosaurs, well played AnimeGAF, well played...

Obviously it won't get better then this so we all mind as well give up until the Spring thread where we will fight the never ending battle that is pancakes vs waffles and where we will inevitably create new puns.

cajunator

Banned
It's from a show (dream?) within the show, don't get your hopes up too high.

The Tsugumi in Kannagi, much like the one in your avatar is the best girl though.

Oh yes I remember now. But that was such a short scene iirc.

Is your avatar from the idolm@ster?

Indeed it is.

Expectations deflated.

There's a Tsugumi in that show too? And she's best girl? Where has this show been all of my life?

YES
3355686644_3fabbefe22.jpg

I guess Funimation is just going to keep updating their simulcast news post with each new announcement.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/04/01/funimation-spring-2014-simulcasts/

Next up for them is selector infected WIXOSS. Thursdays at 1:49pm EDT.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/selector-infected-wixoss

Also, they're showing seven more shows still to announce.

Hmmm. In it for the cute and weirdness.

Yeah, it's actually the exact earliest air time in Japan for the show. I'm thinking maybe someone accidentally copy/pasted it or something, but we'll just have to see.

It's the same time listed in the video description of their subbed trailer for it, though, so who knows.

Gracias.

I should buy that show. It had Xiaomei and Melty in it a little bit and thats very awesome.

But is it? >_<

She's so cute, I want to watch this anime.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA

Yes its Makoto from The iDOLM@STER.

tumblr_mo16spFn0F1qi797xo6_500.gif

I've just recently finished it a few weeks back and I enjoyed it, you should watch it too!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I just want to know if they have Roundabout.

probably not. Very hard to get licensing rights for things like that. dont get your hopes up people.

uP1ApGl.jpg

Jesus Christ this episode was great. It's nice to see that Natsume met somebody who genuinely liked him when he was younger. Fucking shame she never appears again, she already climbed up to best girl status.

Oh Natsume Book of Friends. You're always playing with my feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom