• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Seiya Omega 97 [END]
BkQUCEuCYAAm6rJ.png

What a tease of all the things happen. I need an s3 now of just the journeys together. Good final episode for the fight and everything.

Saint Seiya Omega was a fun ride, it had its moments of boredom this second year but finished in good fashion once they got seriously focused. It seemed like first season had the better fights though as nothing this year compared to the final fight last season. It also never felt truly as grim and dire as everything in year. Friendship and such felt more important this year. Only major criticism is that they treated the Omega Saints badly. Too much focus on the retro older ones that we didnt really want to see in Omega. Why have new characters if they arent used?

Soundtrack is and will remain memorable as well as OP one, Pegasus Fantasy Omega version. 5/10.

jman2050

I think everybody can agree that Yuru Yuri is an S-tier yuri anime.

Wish they made a new season already :(

Yuru Yuri somehow manages to skirt that line between embracing its yuri show trappings and relentlessly mocking them, sometimes all at once.

Probably why I liked it even though I don't much care for yuri shows at all in general.

cajunator

Banned
I read the manga, it's nothing special. It's yuri plus girls acting like cats/dogs. Puurrrfect for some-wan like you and cajun, but not for me!

Well played.

1T4ZrCH.jpg

You guys I'm kinda hungry and I don't have much food and I'm thinking I might cave in and go to this thing.

Pancakes are the truest form of love.
Get all the love you can take for 3 dollars!

Simoun says 'sup, among many others.

I condone this message.

Sorry, but as much as how enjoyable Sakura Trick is, it does not outdo Yuru Yuri

tumblr_m8pm8j4Gzy1qc254uo1_500.gif

This is truth.

Oreimo 13

Are you kidding me? They actually did it, Kuroneko got even more adorable! Oh my god she's so CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

I want a Kuroneko figure toooooo

First season, please :(

Now you see why I got 5 Kuroneko figures.

Never thought I'd watch an anime where they keep singing 'Country Road'

West Virginiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Buddy Complex

Ah yes. Whispers of the Heart.

Syrinx

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 13.5

May have misinterpreted this, but did Tokimi insinuate there that Sasami and Ayeka (or the two queens) are her sisters?

Also lol at Washu videotaping Ryoko there, though it's kinda fucked up, but so is Washu and that's why she's awesome.

Nafe

Banner of the Stars II (Seikai no Senki II)

Episode 1

As much as I came to love the first Banner of the Stars, I remember not being as interested in the first episode since it acted more as a recap or the characters conversation came across as more of a recap. Banner II aired about a year after the first Banner just like Crest before Banner but this first episode had more of a recap like you would see during a shows airing where it just quickly spends the first minute or so telling you what happened to refresh your memory. The conversations in a way do somewhat still tell you some of what happened but it comes across as more natural as they address current and future issues.

In contrast to the first Banner this episode also has a scene which takes place later sometime in the show and then backtracks to basically just after the first Banner to then show you how things lead up to that point. By having it all done in the Abh language was a nice effect to add to the tension in that it keeps you from knowing what's happening further still. You can naturally still get a sense though from characters body language and such. Even though it was in Abh, I'm pretty sure Lafiel's last line of the scene there was probably "Baka",haha.

Not a lot of action happens this episode and it's much more of characters conversing with one another. Others might find it too slow or boring but I personally really enjoy the characters conversations such as pictured in the scene above. I actually can't recall right now if he appeared in the first Banner but apparently Lafiel
has a younger brother.
Spoor only shows up for a few seconds to lament the fact that she's bored because she can't do her space commander thing. Naturally I'm interested to see where this episodes cliffhanger leads.

Oh, and since the show aired in 2001, I suppose that was around when CG started making its way into anime in a more obvious showing, as the ships are usually hand drawn but there's a quick shot or two where they are clearly CG for whatever reason and it really stands out.

Gazoinks

Mushishi 22

This episode was especially interesting conceptually.
Literal rebirth and how people deal with it. Plus there was sort of an action scene!
Good stuff. Got to finish four more episodes and the special by Friday!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So in my playthrough right now, Haruka who is a super S, just encountered Ryona who is a super M.

Not sure if I'm ready for this.

Midonin

Looks like Wixoss is in a Nobunagun/Titan scenario where it's being streamed on CR and Funi.

Crunchyroll will be taking over the majority of the non-U.S. region simulcasting for selector infected WIXOSS.
Ah, that's what it is. So it's similar to what was going on with No-Rin this season.

Articalys

Crunchyroll will be taking over simulcasting for selector infected WIXOSS to cover some (mostly European/Mideast) of the territories that Funimation doesn't.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-844719/

Speficially:
selector infected WIXOSS will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: France and DOM/TOM, Belgium, Switzerland, Andorra, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Canada, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Egypt, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Libya, Mauritania, Somalia, and Sudan.
A longer delay for episode 1 (Friday at noon PDT), but Thursdays at noon from episode 2 onwards.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ryona: "Kyain! Kyain! Well, well, let's enjoy the two of us more!"
Ryona: "I think it's really, really fun!"
Haruka: "But, aren't there many people here? In front of this crowd of
people..."
Ryona: "But it's ok!"
Ryona: "Ryonachan wants to be humiliated in front of many people!"
Haruka: "Fufu. Fufufufufu. You're a hardcore pervert."
Haruka: "Alright. If you say that to me...I also feel a fire."
Haruka: "It's ok if many people watch us! Ryonachan's sloppy face!"
Ryona: "Kyain kyain! Yes! Let them watch!"
Haruka: "So then, let's go!"

WpdfUNt.gif

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 13.5

May have misinterpreted this, but did Tokimi insinuate there that Sasami and Ayeka (or the two queens) are her sisters?

Also lol at Washu videotaping Ryoko there, though it's kinda fucked up, but so is Washu and that's why she's awesome.
Yes you misunderstood.

Tokimi is the sister of
tsunade & washu.

So in my playthrough right now, Haruka who is a super S, just encountered Ryona who is a super M.

Not sure if I'm ready for this.

Admit it ! this was the match-up that needed to be made and they delivered.
Shinobi versus has just so much yuri it's UNBELIEVABLE.
I platiniumed this game with no regrets.

it had so much yuri i stopped taking screenshots..

Andrew J.

Non Non Biyori 02

Horatu gets some characterization beyond "gormless moeblob", and is upgraded to "gormless moeblob with an :sdburton and/or :cnet crush". Seeing her freak out and run in a circle was fun.

Koma-chan's stupidity was pushing my suspension of disbelief. It's always really annoying whenever anime characters display an almost total lack of facial and voice recognition. And Hotaru never called her "senpai" or said anything else that would give it away? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom