• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I thought it was out-dated slang that I remembered vaguely from 10 years ago but couldn't find a good way of checking it. Thanks for confirming though - my Nihongo-fu is weak.

Anyway, off to kill myself now as you already had a translation :p
Haha, I had to look it up myself, but there's a Japanese wikipedia entry on it.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - 01

This was rather boring, surprisingly. Not really interested in the female lead, and her friend is borderline unbearable with her
obvious as hell love for her twin brother
. Not really sure if I want to put myself through this. Will place it on hold and see what others think of the following episodes.

A dark card game with incest romance written by Okada? Now I'm morbidly curious.

Tits and Gonzo 1
Blade and Soul
xobTZeA.jpg

This is about as good as you'd expect a Gonzo adaptation of a Korean MMO to be. There's a lot of big breasted women and a lot of attempts to be edgy. I couldn't even finish the episode.

Gbraga

cajunator

Banned
Good Luck Girl 01

I'm surprised this got dubbed. I'm also surprised the dub is actually pretty good - I think (overtly) American-style dubbing just naturally lends itself to comedy.

Surprisingly entertaining.

oh my god a hitch-hiker's guide reference. Excellent.

Binbougami Ga is so funny. One of my favorite anime comedies actually.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou looks like it'll be one of the best looking shows of the season.

short...hair...

Oreimo S2 Episode 5, first minute

Fuck this shit. You can't do this to me, Kirino.

Where's Kuroneko when I need her? BRING KURONEKO BACK

Im sorry to tell you :(

Vroom vroom!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I LOVE THAT LITTLE SONG

CorvoSol

. . . I still think Gonzo put out SOME good stuff back in the day. FMP S1 and Gankutsuo were good, even if Glass Fleet is traaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Gonzo did Afro Samurai, so I can't totally hate them. Not that I hate studios in general, but they haven't made anything I've been interested in in a while.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Blade&Soul - 01

The episode was enjoyable for what it was, but they really need to get rid of all the male characters. Most if not all of the lines said by them were absolutely cringeworthy. As shown in Basileus777's screencap, that guy was just an obnoxious tool and I
couldn't be more thankful to see him bite the dust so quickly

Spend more time on the ladies and less on unfunny NPCs Gonzo!

Selector Infected WIXOSS 1

This reminds me a lot of Black Rock Shooter TV. I think I'll wait for others to suffer through this and tell me what parts of it I need to see.

cajunator

Banned
I bet you wouldn't post those monster girls your friend sent you, wimp!

Show me, Zachy. I can appreciate them.

One final simulcast announcement today from Crunchyroll for Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (The World is Still Beautiful). Saturdays at 12:00pm PDT.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ill-beautiful-to-spring-2014-simulcast-lineup

This seems kinda fascinating. I love shows with a premise like his typically.
Why does the girl look like Koko? Well thats not a bad thing..

Ohhhhh my god! Listening to
Mirai talking trash to Shiki in english is so fucking adorable!
My heart. RIP

I need to hear this pronto.

To Heart 08-10

The Akari and Hiroyuki at home episode was cute (and tied back to the scene that opened the series), by far the most romantic episode thus far. Even if Shiho kept interrupting. The school festival episode was a nice look at Hoshina - a good performance by Aya Hisakawa. I notice that it ended before the actual festival began, which is a bit of a break from what I usually see. It's not even followed up on in the next episode. No, that's for the moment I've been waiting for since I began this show. To Heart's own Miharu...

tqKK3YGl.jpg

Multi. I had no idea she was only in two episodes, but as one of Yui Horie's earlier roles, I was curious to see her. She's pretty adorable, even if she's not very good at being a useful robot. That just makes her more lovable. Wagon, Miss Monochrome... when it comes to playing many kinds of robots, one could easily say that Hocchan is Multi-talented.

Knowing there's more Multi has convinced me to continue on to Remember my memories as soon as I'm done here.

MULTIIIIIIIIIIIIII <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

You know a pretty good anime, The World God Only Knows, it has pretty good romance and comedy, and the ending to season 3 was pretty amazing with so many feels, damnit Chihiro you da the best. I really hope for a season 4, believe it.

This series is a lot of fun and theres a lot of it. Shiori is the overall best for her legendary AHO. One of the most dangerously powerful moenukes on the planet.

ibnpotngMJA7CP.png

That's too much, I can't >_<

I know right? So adorable.

Coming Fall 2014, the anime adaptation of the hit LN I Can't Believe How Mundane This High School Is!!!!!

Sensei: today we will be introducing a transfer student. His name is Gai Normalsan

Gai: Nice to meet you all. My name is Gai Normalsan. I transferred here due to my dad's work. I hope we'll get along.

Sensei: Ok Gai you can sit right in the middle of the classroom, there's an empty chair right next to Lee Friend-kun.

Gai paid attention the rest of the day. He then went home and fell asleep. End of episode.

Gazoinks

Sensei: today we will be introducing a transfer student. His name is Gai Normalsan

Gai: Nice to meet you all. My name is Gai Normalsan. I transferred here due to my dad's work. I hope we'll get along.

Sensei: Ok Gai you can sit. Right in the middle of the classroom, there's an empty chair right next to Lee Friend-kun.

Gai paid attention the rest of the day. He then went home and fell asleep. End of episode.

The best part of the series is how relatable it is.

Gbraga

Sensei: Ok Gai you can sit right in the middle of the classroom, there's an empty chair right next to Lee Friend-kun.

I'd watch it

cajunator

Banned
Video Games are just about hitting blocks and eating ghosts. Visual Novels are about things that are much more important, like scoring with that chick with no legs or scoring with that Eldrich Abomination or scoring with some cyberpunk dude to techno music or scoring with an entire classroom of insane high school girls before being decapitated. Video Games don't offer that level of sophistication.

All of the above is true.

with how many mods are on that train, its kinda disappointing it wasn't higher.

Your avatar needs to be shifted more to the right with more Misaka.

Unless Takamura lied to me (he wouldn't do that!) Strike Witches 3 will be anime of the year. Give me Nao and Waltrude and Nipaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I cant wait. Hopefully theres another artbook!

The best part of the series is how relatable it is.

Episode 2 start

Gai: Hey Friend-kun is that a love letter in your shoe box?

Lee: I believe so.

Gai: You should go meet in the rooftop, how exciting!

Lee: Don't be an idiot. The rooftop requires a key, only school staff are allowed up there.

Gai and Lee went through the rest of the day without a hitch. They learned about Pythagorean theorem. End of episode 2.

Mahouka sounds like SAO 2 to me so...I'll watch it but just to see how horrible it gets.

See the difference between Mahouka and SAO is that Kirito is a shitty protagonist while Tatsuya actually seems badass. Oh yeah people who are thinking it has incest are gonna be disappointed because it doesn't, even though I haven't read the LN, many people who have said it doesn't have it. So don't ever try to compare crap like SAO to this anime.

Gazoinks

Episode 2 start

Gai: Hey Friend-kun is that a love letter in your shoe box?

Lee: I believe so.

Gai: You should go meet in the rooftop, how exciting!

Lee: Don't be an idiot. The rooftop requires a key, only school staff are allowed up there.

Gai and Lee went through the rest of the day without a hitch. They learned about Pythagorean theorem. End of episode 2.

Episode 3

Gai: Friend-kun, I think I like this girl, and I think she likes me.

Lee: Why don't you talk to her.

Gai: Alright.

[Later]

Gai: We're dating now

Lee: Cool

Gai dated the girl for the next couple of months before they drifted apart and started seeing other people. Cue ED.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blade & Soul Episode 1:

I like how people are making out that only modern Gonzo is sucking the big meat missile. Okay, yea, this is pretty generic all around, generic arc, generic visuals, generic characters, generic battles, just fifty shades of blandness. That being said, it is still better then any given episode of Samurai Seven or Final Fantasy Unlimited or Blue Submarine Number 6 mainly because it lacks Gonzo's god awful CGI. Anyway, yea as I expected this is pretty much Sword Art Online: Ikki Tousen Edition and yea there were a lot of guys here but I think they solely exist to be canon fodder.When does Jojo start because I need some legit good show watching soon.

jgminto

See the difference between Mahouka and SAO is that Kirito is a shitty protagonist while Tatsuya actually seems badass. Oh yeah people who are thinking it has incest are gonna be disappointed because it doesn't, even though I haven't read the LN, many people who have said it doesn't have it. So don't ever try to compare crap like SAO to this anime.

Maybe, that's just the impression I got from the summary. Also SAO didn't technically have incest either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom